Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,142 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo (16203 Views)

Fuel Crisis: Nigeria Labour Congress Hails Senate, Threatens Mass Action / Amaechi's Claims On Recession Under Jonathan, 7,000MW Under PMB False – TheCable / Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by updatechange(m): 7:24pm On Apr 25, 2016
E go better na poor man's prayer,.. meanwhile i dont think this so called leaders read this forum, because there alot of big brains here that dishes out problem solving advises buh i no dey see any changes. olorun gbawaa o undecided

1 Like

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by SageTravels: 7:25pm On Apr 25, 2016
You will tell us the Truth one day. Keep lying

2 Likes

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by bebe2(f): 7:26pm On Apr 25, 2016
I beg

They shud sort this power issue. Its becoming a worldwide embarrassment.

2 Likes

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by demolinka(m): 7:26pm On Apr 25, 2016
Ah yes, my bembestic VP. You are powerful sir. We will light up every nook of this country together.
Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 25, 2016
Oxenomy:
You say being honest? After lying to his gullible zombie supporters? ... I've said it before and

At least he is telling us they can't give us power. I know of a place in Abuja that hasn't seen light in a month, yet, AEDC brought 5k bill.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by mcayomind: 7:29pm On Apr 25, 2016
Gas tii tan?...... A boost in high places for we..... Generator engineer
Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by NavierStokes(m): 7:30pm On Apr 25, 2016
The country with the largest gas reserves in Africa doesn't have enough gas to reach 7000MW, when the oil companies are producing so much gas than they have facilities to handle, there by resulting in flaring, reinjection and even gas recycling.

These people think this country is peopled 100% by zombies.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by Mrchippychappy(m): 7:35pm On Apr 25, 2016
Good one Oshinbade.

1 Like

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by GWMI(m): 7:35pm On Apr 25, 2016
A failure is a failure no excuse for failure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by Oxenomy: 7:37pm On Apr 25, 2016
kennygee:

At least he is telling us they can't give us power. I know of a place in Abuja that hasn't seen light in a month, yet, AEDC brought 5k bill.
I understand your point..

1 Like

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by Acidosis(m): 7:37pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nice analysis. We know you cannot deliver on some over bloated promises, so just do your best, and leave the rest.

1 Like

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by kristisking(m): 7:38pm On Apr 25, 2016
Confused set of people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by AngryNigerian(m): 7:39pm On Apr 25, 2016
Oxenomy:
You say being honest? After lying to his gullible zombie supporters? ... I've said it before and I will say it again.. Only true federalism will salvage this country.. Forget all this grammar.. We should stop lying and deceiving ourselves!

Meanwhile oil will become worthless by 2030 and Saudi Arabia just announced that their economy will survive without oil as from 2020, that's for those that are planning ahead. The earlier we allow states to go and manage their resources, the better for us. I'm from Ebonyi and I know that we will be alright without oil.. angry

Huh, wetin una go manage with...quarry
Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by erico2k2(m): 7:39pm On Apr 25, 2016
Fhemmmy:
But why cant we tap into solar power generating system?
Extremely expensive. The cheapest source of energy is Nuclear plant.but our level nor reach there

1 Like

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by Oxenomy: 7:42pm On Apr 25, 2016
AngryNigerian:

Huh, wetin una go manage with...quarry
Don't worry about us rather, worry about your state if you are proud of her.. Like the saying goes, necessity is the mother of invention. That's what made China and other emerging Asian countries what they are today.
Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by Opinedecandid(m): 7:42pm On Apr 25, 2016
This statement, just like several others, is not an achievement.

2 Likes

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 25, 2016
Come to port harcourt and see how gas is been flares anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 25, 2016
Enough of stewpid excuses! After all, electricity generation is no rocket science! Deliver or quit honourably...shameless scammers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by henks(m): 7:47pm On Apr 25, 2016
Look at this man very well it seem is not well.

2 Likes

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by AngelNnedinso: 7:50pm On Apr 25, 2016
This man bu EWU, ezigbo Idiot. Admit ur govt is clueless and confused. U don't have gas to fire the power plant but u had mouth to say Goodluck should step down. U and ur illiterate master are nothing but FOOLS of the 1st order. I was having at least 22hrs of electricity daily in Enugu during Goodluck's regime but now I hardly have 1hr of light. Stupid people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by OBAGADAFFI: 7:52pm On Apr 25, 2016
He pointed out that presently, the country has ove 12,500MW of installed electricity generating capacity, consisting of gas thermal and hydropower plants, stating of that capacity, about 7,000MW is available to be generated if the required fuel is available

So PDP left 12,500MW electricity generation capacity. Yet APC is promising 10,00W by 2018.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 25, 2016
Aromas:
So dis man sense never wake up since May 29 2015 What of the gas being waisted since all dis days grin
I wish you could boast of better sense. You think that harnessing gas is like going to Ogbette market to buy tomatoes and okporoko. Harnessing gas; like oil is big budget, labour intensive venture. It is also not attractive to investors because of market regulation

1 Like

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by Opharhe: 7:54pm On Apr 25, 2016
Oxenomy:
You say being honest? After lying to his gullible zombie supporters? ... I've said it before and I will say it again.. Only true federalism will salvage this country.. Forget all this grammar.. We should stop lying and deceiving ourselves!

Meanwhile oil will become worthless by 2030 and Saudi Arabia just announced that their economy will survive without oil as from 2020, that's for those that are planning ahead. The earlier we allow states to go and manage their resources, the better for us. I'm from Ebonyi and I know that we will be alright without oil.. angry

Seriously, that's what we need right now.we need a loose federal structure. It'll be of great good to all of us. We won't have to cross each others path as much as we have it now all because we want our own share from the centre; Govt. will be more accountable especially to the grassroots, corruption will be greatly reduced, state govts. will be more efficient, quota system will be abandoned, reduced tribal/religious tensions... Infact, the benefits are innumerable. It's high time we revisited the constitution.
Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by igwegeorgiano(m): 7:56pm On Apr 25, 2016
hope they are not blaming it on GEJ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by ideology(m): 7:57pm On Apr 25, 2016
kennygee:
At least someone is being honest.

Not the Pinocchio Lai Mohammed.
that is not true, osinade is lying the gas reserves in anambra basin alone can power the whole country, not to mention NIGER DELTA BASIN.

They should invest in gas processing plants, in fact the gas flared in port Harcourt alone can power Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by Oxenomy: 7:58pm On Apr 25, 2016
Opharhe:
Seriously, that's what we need right now.we need a loose federal structure. It'll be of great good to all of us. We won't have to cross each others path as much as we have it now all because we want our own share from the centre; Govt. will be more accountable especially to the grassroots, corruption will be greatly reduced, state govts. will be more efficient, quota system will be abandoned, reduced tribal/religious tensions... Infact, the benefits are innumerable. It's high time we revisited the constitution.
Our criminal leaders knew all this but their head are stuck in Niger Delta's free oil money. We are patiently waiting..

2 Likes

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by zinny377(f): 8:02pm On Apr 25, 2016
everyone seems to know d exact problems of every sector of our economy so y don't u start implementing the solutions instead of reminding us...smh.

2 Likes

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by gebest: 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2016
We dont ve enough gas to power our own electricity yet we ve enough gas to export to other countries. Pls pls pls tell us another lie. This 1 is 2 simple. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by Opharhe: 8:05pm On Apr 25, 2016
Oxenomy:
Our criminal leaders knew all this but their head are stuck in Niger Delta's free oil money. We are patiently waiting..
That's one reason i'm happy for the fall in oil price. Let it continue to fall.

1 Like

Re: Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo by kinibigdeal(m): 8:06pm On Apr 25, 2016
Fashola - We will generate 15,000MW before 2019

Vice president: We cannot generate 7000 MW because of shortage of gas

Lai Mohammed : We will generate 20,000 MW in 6 months

PMB: Past administration is responsible for our constant power failure

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Udom Emmanuel Consults God Ahead Of His Declaration (Photos) / How State Governments ‘Pocketed’ N15.5 Trillion LG Allocation / President Buhari Receives Courtesy Visit From Kogi Traditional Rulers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.