Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts (17183 Views)

FG Blames Police, Army, Customs For High Cost Of Food.. / INEC, Police, Army Culpable In Rivers Elections Violence — Report / FLASH| 56 Arrested Fulani Militants “Missing”.. Army, Police Trade Blames (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by ORACLE1975(m): 4:52am On Apr 26, 2016
The police and the Nigerian Army have contradicted their claims on the whereabouts of 56 Fulani herdsmen, who were arrested with arms at a military checkpoint, along the Airport Road, Abuja, last week.

Troops arrested 36 armed Fulani herdsmen at a checkpoint in Keffi, Nasarawa State, while another 56 herdsmen were also caught with arms along the Airport Road, Abuja, by the military.

The Assistant Director, Army Public Relations of the Guards Brigade, Capt. Bashir Jajira, had, in a statement on April 18, said the 36 suspects arrested in Keffi had been handed over to the Nasarawa State Police Command.

Jajira added that the other 56 suspects were handed over to the Kuje Divisional Police Station.

He stated that the troops recovered “one pump action gun, 19 cartridge, dane guns, 118 cartridge ammo, 28 cutlasses, three jack knives, 14 sticks, seven torches, Certificate of Occupancy, assorted charms and hard drugs.”

On Sunday, Jajira insisted in an interview with The PUNCH that the herdsmen were handed over to the Police Division in Kuje, Abuja, and the Police Area Command, Keffi, on April 18, 2016.

The Nasarawa State Police Public Relations Officer, Ismaila Numan, confirmed on Monday that 36 suspects were handed over to the command, pointing out that they had been charged to court for illegal possession of firearms and criminal conspiracy.

But the Federal Capital Territory Police Command said it had not received the second set of 56 suspects which the Army claimed to have handed over to the Kuje Divisional Police Station.

A source at the FCT Police Command said the information from the DPO, Kuje, indicated that “no herdsmen were handed over to the police, as claimed by the Army.”

The Force Public Relations Officer, Bisi Kolawole, also claimed that the command had not received the suspects.

“I have made inquiries at the FCT Police Command and what I learnt was that they had yet to receive the suspects,” she explained.

A security analyst, Ben Okezie, wondered why the Army had yet to hand over the suspects for investigation and prosecution one week after the armed men were apprehended, noting that the police would not deny if the suspects were in their custody.

http://punchng.com/police-army-disagree-over-56-arrested-herdsmens-whereabouts/

1 Share

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by Firefire(m): 4:59am On Apr 26, 2016

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by Nobody: 5:02am On Apr 26, 2016
There master has ordered their release

God if it's our sins we are suffering today pls forgive us

Because the leaders you said we should pray for are clueless of what is going on

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by tit(f): 5:04am On Apr 26, 2016
Are we still looking for the fulani that attacked enugu state?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:08am On Apr 26, 2016
Confused Party, Confused Leaders, Confused Army.

Abeg I just dey sip My Zobo dey look.

We warned them grin grin . But they believed in the "sweet coated lies from APC. tongue embarassed tongue embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Good Morning Nairalanders, Have you blamed GEJ today?

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by freeze001(f): 5:27am On Apr 26, 2016
Just imagine! They are actually lookin for 56 whole people! It is clear that an order from above has demanded and secured immediate release of those criminals along with all the weapons found on them. I am also certain the Army provided transport to them on to Nasarawa and now we hear they have struck at Enugu.

If there is no superior pressure from the very demonic and wicked powers that be, what reason would there be for the Police and Army to be telling this rubbish story? It is all designed to distract concerned citizens while they get away with murder.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by ORACLE1975(m): 5:29am On Apr 26, 2016
I weep for my country

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by Isaactop9(m): 5:41am On Apr 26, 2016
I STILL BELIEVE IN NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by cold(m): 5:49am On Apr 26, 2016
No surprises here. President Buharetard has ordered the immediate release of his kinsmen to continue their carnage and bloodletting carte blanch

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by TPAND(f): 5:53am On Apr 26, 2016
Buhari don order their release.

22 Likes

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by Scream(m): 6:02am On Apr 26, 2016
Ebenebe!
Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by Almajiri1: 6:07am On Apr 26, 2016
Buhari has finished whatever little confidence is left with government. This country is over due for revolution or outright division.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by tempest01(m): 6:19am On Apr 26, 2016
lol...i said it....till they are charged to court.

if the government know they are not ready to defend us from aggression, then , they should furnish us with weapons to defend ourselves...

After all we have been providing all our amenities from immemorial

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by Ishilove: 6:21am On Apr 26, 2016
freeze001:
Just imagine! They are actually lookin for 56 whole people! It is clear that an order from above has demanded and secured immediate release of those criminals along with all the weapons found on them. I am also certain the Army provided transport to them on to Nasarawa and now we hear they have struck at Enugu.

If there is no superior pressure from the very demonic and wicked powers that be, what reason would there be for the Police and Army to be telling this rubbish story? It is all designed to distract concerned citizens while they get away with murder.
Which confirms my suspicion that there are powerful people behind them. Boko Haram now have a cell known as 'fulani herdsmen'.

They aren't herdsmen. Who knows, they might not even be Nigerians, because I don't understand how come cattle herdsmen are going around armed like Rambo savaging and ravaging unarmed people.

These are simply murderous bandits and mercenaries, under the guise of 'fulani herdsmen', with powerful bosses who are on a insidious mission which will become clearer as time goes on.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by babs01(m): 6:22am On Apr 26, 2016
Fulani here fulani there,

3 Likes

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by Almajiri1: 6:31am On Apr 26, 2016
tempest01:
lol...i said it....till they are charged to court.

if the government know they are not ready to defend us from aggression, then , they should furnish us with weapons to defend ourselves...

After all we have been providing all our amenities from immemorial
Go and purchase weapons from the black market. You can't have a wife and children at home without having a bunker, a snipers position and some hand grenades to secure them.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by molydonhenry(m): 6:38am On Apr 26, 2016
Confused country. Imagine a whole 56 terrorist.

11 Likes

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by bongila(f): 6:38am On Apr 26, 2016
56 terrorists missing? There is something going on here honestly! The FG is Silently doing nothing now until people start taking laws into their hands.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by molydonhenry(m): 6:43am On Apr 26, 2016
Almajiri1:

Go and purchase weapons from the black market. You can't have a wife and children at home without having a bunker, a snipers position and some hand grenades to secure them.
Pls i need 5 AK47, 3 short guns and one RPG, if u ve hand granades pls include dem. i'l pay on delivery. Tanks

5 Likes

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by Yujin(m): 6:44am On Apr 26, 2016
Ishilove:

Which confirms my suspicion that there are powerful people behind them. Boko Haram now have a cell known as 'fulani herdsmen'.

They aren't herdsmen. They are simply murderous bandits with powerful bosses who are on a mission which will become clearer as time goes on.
Is it until millions of people are dispossessed of their lands that it will become clearer? I did warn many years ago but majority never gave it a thought. These so called herdsmen are well trained militias whose aim is to kill and destroy communities to pave way for the real herdsmen in occupying lands. Of most importance is how the fulanis use their brothers who are strategically placed in the army to coordinate the wickedness. See how swift DSS was out to speak and act on an assumed missing 5 herdsmen but could not protect communities after they've been informed about this Enugu attack. What other evidence is needed to convince you that fulanis are only loyal to their people and not to the government. The same story in Plateau where the Beroms say the army are always around when the fulani militias will attack only for the army to come after they've gone. Innocent people are dying in their hundreds and we are still waiting to things to be clearer. I will advise every ethnic group in the army to be loyal to their group or to their region or friendly ethnic group and ensure the protection of their people. NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT WILL NEVER PROTECT ANYONE AGAINST THE FULANIS.
@topic, see how they are playing with the senses of millions of gullible people. Anytime hausa/fulanis are arrested, one story must pop up about an escape but never for other groups. What other evidence do we need to know where their loyalty lies? Wake up people and take your destinies into your hands. Do not die like fools waiting for the clearest of reasons before you defend yourselves.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by PastorSoji: 6:46am On Apr 26, 2016
“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the country NIGERIA where men were free.”

6 Likes

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by phemmie06(m): 6:47am On Apr 26, 2016
They don turn to needle, they shouldn't have told us they were arrested since they already know that they cannot allow justice to take its place or our oga at the top don give order ni
Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by Bawsse(m): 6:54am On Apr 26, 2016
E no go pass say na army don release them...
Nigerian Army : the bane and remedy of insurgency

1 Like

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by Almajiri1: 7:00am On Apr 26, 2016
molydonhenry:
Pls i need 5 AK47, 3 short guns and one RPG, if u ve hand granades pls include dem. i'l pay on delivery. Tanks
Goto the silk road and shop at armory.

1 Like

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by molydonhenry(m): 7:06am On Apr 26, 2016
Isaactop9:
I STILL BELIEVE IN NIGERIA
BELIEVE u say? its sickening to believe in "NOTHING" Naija z just a loose states wit expired bond
Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by BudeYahooCom: 7:15am On Apr 26, 2016
That arrest was a scam and a sham to deceive the gullible zombies. It never happened.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by Xonology: 7:27am On Apr 26, 2016
Smh .. Abeg where can one buy assault rifle?
Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by Flets: 7:32am On Apr 26, 2016
Imagine if this was IPOB and not Fulani Herdsmen, Buhari would have declared total war on them.

Buhari and the northern elites are clearly behind bokoharam ... and now Fulani herdsmen. This script has been long written.. The south must arm itself for defense. The time to react is now as it will be too late shortly.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by chesterlee(m): 7:38am On Apr 26, 2016
Their Chief Patron who doubles as the President of the country have released them!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by betterABIAstate: 8:06am On Apr 26, 2016
Lai Mohammed: FG is silently working
Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by Honza27(m): 9:36am On Apr 26, 2016
Re: Police, Army Disagree Over 56 Arrested Herdsmen’s Whereabouts by MadCow1: 9:38am On Apr 26, 2016
Dem don vanish aagain? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ARISE TV Presidential Town Hall Series Three (Live Video) / Forceful Conversion To Islam & Forced Islamic Marriage: Lawyers Petition Igp / Governor Umar Ganduje And Governor Rochas Okorocha Meets With Ibrahim Shekarau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.