Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll (2522 Views)

How Oritsejafor Deceived Jonathan – Okotie; He Wants To Be Popular – CAN / Presidential Popularity Poll / PDP & APC... The Winner of NL Unofficial popularity poll Emerges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Jaybaba(m): 2:06pm On Nov 17, 2006
Okotie is very qualified to be President of Nigeria. He's physically, mentally, spiritually, socially and psychologically fit. More, he's young and energetic, he's also academically qualified (he's a lawyer).
Okotie demonstrated his broad mindedness and objectivity at the last presidential debate with Jim Nwobodo when he answered a question bothering on religion and he insisted on having no state religion but a circular state in which individual rights to freedom of thought, association and worship are guaranteed, as well as protected. He equally mentioned Islam as being a religion like all others that preah peace.
His being a preaher is even the more reason he should get the chance to be president cause unlike other politicians he has a large name to protect. Okotie is also very credible, everything he owns today he worked extremely hard for. That is what we need. Someone with a desire to work and succeed at work. IBB, OBJ, Buhari, et al made their money in government and there is nothing to be proud about that.
I support you Okotie, Utomi, Oshiomole, and other young people with brain.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by BigB11(m): 5:23pm On Nov 17, 2006
Young people with brain is not the answer, trust me my man.

The system is corrupt and culture is also corrupt. Expect more of these young brainy to take us for a long ride.

Fayose, Alams, Obi, Dariye and many many more are considered young politicians; and what have they done for you lately?

Think deeply, forgive, forget and let's move forward; the answer is right in our faces.

IBB is my man.

May God bless Nigeria.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Odeku(m): 5:53pm On Nov 17, 2006
Why the hec in the world would I want to remember a guys name dude get real, I'm a one way street, exit only I love ladies not guy.

The best thing you can do for me is to tell your dad IBB to humble himself and come out and explain to us the questions we have

regarding his administration mis management of funds. The retire age for a civil servant in Nigeria is 60 IBB retired at the age of 48 and

is enjoying pension with all benefits, the only point that I'm missing is why is he not in jail for all his atrocities, well now i am starting to

believe big boys always look out for each other. IBB has good intention for Nigeria right? how come he is only going for the GOLD?

what about Education, Housing, better Infrastructure benefit package for police and other civil servants. even better roads?

Dude go to sleep man and stop talking like a DONGON YARO. Chi kena that is all in simple Hausa.

I am still baffled at how all this morons run to the mosque every Friday and pray to ALLAH and still come out and steal and trample on the

poor. what kind of God are they worshiping? Not until all this peoples children start experiencing some of the social issues that ordinary

citizens are experiencing on a daily basis. like police brutality and extortion, robbery traffic jam we are not going to see changes
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by BUSHFELLOW(m): 7:53pm On Nov 17, 2006
Hmmn Odeku
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by lewa(m): 9:11pm On Nov 17, 2006
Okotie cannot win his LGA. He is a sham. End of discussion. Wait and see the can of worms he's hiding!They would come out soon
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by BUSHFELLOW(m): 9:39pm On Nov 17, 2006
Hmmn lewa which side are you for the future or the past.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by kitaun(m): 11:22pm On Nov 17, 2006
What has Religious leadership got to do with Public governance? Why should i ever want an Okotie or Yerima to rule this country? Have we forgotten that Religion is groundly footed on the grounds of dogmatism? Can the same be said in a political setup we you have the good, bad, and the ugly trying to acquire power at all and any costs?
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Jaybaba(m): 1:16pm On Nov 18, 2006
My Nairaland companions, I greet una o.
Okotie's presidential interest is very legitimate. It is obvious he's an open minded person standing on the same issues (Better Nigeria) as the common Nigerian like us. Okotie is a common man. He lives amongst us. He experiences all the problems we do in Lagos.

The most significant reason we need an Okotie is "POSITIVE CHANGE".
We are in desparate need for that change. There is no need to highlight all the failures of governments, past & present. The Nigerian project is almost a waste. We need a change of management and administration. IBB, ATK, Buhari, OBJ, Marwa, Gana Jerry, & any other PDP politicians will not bring change cause they are all campaigning on the same "continuation of OBJ's empty REFORMS."

FDP, the Okotie's party has Compassionate Capitalism as its leading ideology i.e. capatalism where government is responsible for provision of social amenities & security of the people with minor regulation of trade & industry. Another strong point to consider is his objectivity which has made him stand out from nearly all the others.

He was the clear winner of all the contestants at the 2003 debate - BBC, Wikipedia, VOA, etc.

He can be trusted for accountability, Okotie worked for everything he owns today. Okotie in the presidency will bring a change from people/personality politics to issue based/principle oriented and achievement kind of politicking. I can see it already. His religious profession is not a reason he should not contest but even a more reason he should be trusted. When the wicked rule the people go into hiding e.g. Odeku & others now in the US. The people mourn e.g. the rest of us in Niger or Nairaland. But when the godly rule, the people rejoice.

I appeal to your consciences today to begin to look at what we have now, why has it remained so even after 8 years of democracy and why do we want it to continue? I appeal to your good consciences, Nigeria needs a change and that change is in your hands (voters cards) Decide today which way we should go, A new/better Nigeria or mantain/sustain the REFORMS?

We must put an end to indifference. For some IBB people among us, collect his money and do the right thing. Vote where your heart and issues are addressed. For those of us who are undecided and super-indifferent, have a change of heart, be optimistic. History and posterity beckons on us (today's generation) to change gear from extinction and head towards the Nigeria we all desire. It is possible. We can achieve what we want to achieve.

Don't give up the struggle till power returns to the Nigerian people.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by saintsam(m): 5:25pm On Nov 18, 2006
Chris Okotie won the just concluded vanguard and silverbird presidential popularity poll.The gap he gave the likes like sam egwu,ibb,buhari,Akinyuli and rest was really outragious.Does this send any signal to nigerians? can we trust this poll? Can chris okotie be the president of nig? it would be really thrilling if he does,lets wait for the presidential debate organised by the same sponsors,and see wat comes out of it.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Jaybaba(m): 7:11pm On Nov 18, 2006
According to various international observers, he was the overall winner of the last presidential debates, Some websites also acknowledged this BBC-Africa, CNN, Wikipedia, etc.
For me, I consider him my first choice for president. We need a human being to rule us. Trust me on this we need a man with empathy and compassion. A man who is passionate about Nigeria just like us. A man who can speak about the issues and how to address them from the heart without a script. It is that kind of man we need.
This man ought also to be honest, showing that he worked hard and believes in hard work. Chris Okotie seems to be the only 1 in this category.
We need a man from among us who knows our problems.
The others are coming from other perspectives.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by saintsam(m): 7:37pm On Nov 18, 2006
yeah,u are rite.Though am not trying to campaign for him.But to me,his the best candidate.If elections are free and fair in nig,Chris will be the president of nig.But in nig, where corruption is the order of the day,that would be a harculean task.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by BigB11(m): 9:56pm On Nov 18, 2006
I believe this topic was posted already and Nigerians had already voiced their comments.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by BigB11(m): 10:34pm On Nov 18, 2006
Cool, thanks for combining the 2 topics.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by kitaun(m): 12:24am On Nov 19, 2006
All these polls, religious vendetta, grammatical over-elaboration is not what we need to govern Naija, we need a streetwise and fierce leader that will turn things around not someone who is uncertain of himself
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Jaybaba(m): 5:30pm On Nov 19, 2006
What is uncertain about Chris Okotie?
Why do we not like to have our own people rule over us. I mean why do we never like a street man rule us. Simply because he was a musician/lawyer/preacher now presidential aspirant does not make him uncertain. Okotie has nothing like religios vendeta in his agenda.

Only a common man understands and hopes to better the lot of his kind.
IBB/ABACHA, BUHARI/OBJ, MARWA/ATIKU are not ordinary men like you and I.
They have 2 consciences: 1 black, 1 lost & missing and the color - wickedness.

Let us bring a change. Why do we want the status quo to continue? How much are we getting that we cannot tell the truth and better our generation for the sake of tomorrow.
Posterity will judge us before the Almighty.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by saintsam(m): 10:16am On Nov 20, 2006
I cant believe that some pple are still talking of the likes like IBB,BUHARI,ATIKU etc to come on power,when these vandals were on power wat did they do? Y cant we support common sense of reasoning,chris,utomi,donald duke are all credible and dynamic politicians,Nigerians we need to be wise now,we should not sell our future.I have this feelin that Okotie means well,and if naijas are to be fair enough,chris would win.y?

N0 1- HE IS FROM THE SOUTH SOUTH,THE SOUTH SOUTH HAVE NOT HAD A TASTE OF THE PRESIDENCY B/4,THEY SHOULD BE GIVIN A CHANCE.

N0 2- HE IS WELL EDUCATED,EDUCATION IS THE BEDROCK OF DEVELOPMENT IN ANY COUNTRY.

N0 3- HE IS ALSO RELIGIOUS,A PREACHER FOR THAT MATTER,HE HAS HIS IMAGE TO PROTECT,HE WONT WANT TO SYPHONE PUBLIC FUNDS.

N0 4- HE IS YOUNG AND VIBRANT,INFACT I REGARD HIM AS A YOUTH,YOUTHS ARE OUR FUTURE,AND THE FUTURE IS NOW.OUR ELDERS HAVE TRIED AND THEY HAVE FAILED,LET THE CHRIS [A YOUTH] TRY.

Rev chris okotie should be givin the mantle of leadership.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Easyy(m): 12:54pm On Nov 20, 2006
I repeat, I would vote for Okotie under the present circumstances, given that all the others who have so far declared do not seem to have the necessary credentials.

I don't even want to contemplate the idea of having people who have been in politics in the past coming to lead us again, the likes of Marwa, IBB, OBJ, Atiku and indeed, every politician who has been involved in the past, they all need to be confined to the history books.

As I stated earlier, I have reservations about Okotie because of his lavish approach to life. He is very ostentatious but he remains the most credible (in my opinion) of all those who have signified their intentions so far.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by saintsam(m): 5:30pm On Nov 20, 2006
Easyy,u have a point.it would be interestin to note that 4 of my hausa friends who are muslim are in support of Chris Okotie.Okotie is gradually pulling everyone to his side.If elections are free and fair,Okotie would come out top.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 20, 2006
2 reasons Okotie CAN NEVER be president

1. Only those in power know the exact number of Nigerians, for obvious reasons.

2. Our votes do not count!
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by saintsam(m): 9:00am On Nov 21, 2006
Davidylan,we meet at this thread again,am samson,we chatted sometime ago.

I said if elections are free and fair,okotie would win,but in 9ja,that would be an harculean task.lets just keep praying.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by BUSHFELLOW(m): 9:22am On Nov 21, 2006
He would have if only how vote count but it don't so he is a looser. but i know in my heart he is the only credible candidate for now
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Jaybaba(m): 7:38pm On Nov 22, 2006
Okotie is very viable.
What are the reforms all PDP guys are promising to continue and sustain?

Privatise all privatisable, government has no place for providing or maintaining any public service whatsoever, Government has no business providing any form of empathy to the people because it is unprogressive.
The OBJ/PDP reforms are extreme capitalism with a unhidden prejudice towards the poor/dying. Our government's reforms is to hands off from any venture that benefits the people directly or indirectly such that the people have to pay to get whatever they want. In order words, our government sees us as a liability / unpleasant responsibility & burden which they must do away with. An IBB spokesman/campaigner recently said "Nigerians should not ask what their country can do for them but what they should/can do for their country". IBB himself promised to sustain the reforms.

For all we have suffered in this country, it is apparent that the policy above (OBJ's Reforms) are not in good faith towards the Nigerian people. Nigeria needs a government that can make the people create wealth that will uplift their self esteem, standard of living and make her a respected nation amongst other people. OBJ's reforms claims to have made Nigeria the highest producer of cassava, yet Garri cost so much more than ever b4 in our markets. OBJ's reforms claims we have paid the bulk of our foreign debts (which we never got to see or benefit from taken by IBB/Abacha) and yet our Naira remains significantly weak after 8 years. Bank recapitalisation has been a good idea but has it made the banks more useful to us? You'll need to go to a bank to find out if this has happened by requesting a simple overdraft. The competition has dropped yet lending rate is still higher than everyother country. The effects of these reforms are evidently negative, yet we are made to believe they are good for us simply because we bought shares from banks that were scared of losing their biz.

The current reforms are good on paper but in reality, they do not benefit the common or real Nigerians. These are some of the reasons we need to vote some other party/person with clearly defined manifesto that seeks to promote the interest of the Nigerian people. Having read the FDP document and several other manifestos of other parties, you'll agree that the FDP, NCP are the only parties with concern for the people.

Think clearly and logically on this matter without sentiments to any preconceptions whatsoever and you'll come to the same conclusion as I did "we need a resourceful government that is caring and not one that sees us as a problem." We need a government that can enterprise Nigeria such that we begin a steady march towards development in all ramifications - economic, infrastructure, education, etc.

Abeg make we think Naija well well o. E no consain me no fit help us at all. That government is one led by Okotie if we give him the chance.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Seun(m): 8:31am On Nov 25, 2006
I can lead this country better than Chris Okotie. That's to tell you how bad he is.

- He can't even communicate in simple English.
- He doesn't know what the problems of Nigeria are or have any solutions.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Easyy(m): 10:23am On Nov 25, 2006
Seun:

I can lead this country better than Chris Okotie. That's to tell you how bad he is.

- He can't even communicate in simple English.
- He doesn't know what the problems of Nigeria are or have any solutions.

Which of the other candidates so far is better than Okotie?

He communicates very well in English.

How did you conclude that he doesn't know Nigeria's problems?
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Nobody: 5:10am On Nov 26, 2006
You want a pastor who rides in an M-Class while some members of his congregation can't afford to eat 3 square meals?, Out of touch!
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Seun(m): 7:45am On Nov 26, 2006
Donald Duke is far better than Okotie. He's equally young and eloquent, but also has political experience.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by TayoD(m): 6:51pm On Nov 26, 2006
Is it wrong for you to enjoy the fruits of your labour? Jesus said "the poor you will always have with you". He is not out of touch at all. I have a friend who I learnt Okotie raised some money for during one of the church servies early this year. Guess how much he raised for the guy? Over 3 million naira. His charitable disposition is only questioned by those who know not what they are talking about. Abeg, find another tenable reason.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 26, 2006
Couldn't he have bought a regular car instead of the M-class and then give the money he saved to some poor member of his congregation. It's little things sacrifices like that that make great leaders.
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by kitaun(m): 12:11am On Nov 27, 2006
Na big big grammar we go chop? Seun was spot on about Okotie, why should he even be that desperate to rule Naija considering the murkiness of our politics?
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by babyboy2(m): 2:51pm On Nov 27, 2006
kitaun:

Na big big grammar we go chop? Seun was spot on about Okotie, why should he even be that desperate to rule Naija considering the murkiness of our politics?
@ kaitun.
i am not saying vote for chris okotie but we nigeria need a president who wants it not those "they" recruit in the night.Let the campaign begin.We the electorate are watching
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by kitaun(m): 2:53am On Nov 29, 2006
@Baby boy, and what exactly is your point?
Re: 2007: Okotie Tops Popularity Poll by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 04, 2006
it wouldn't be bad to have okotie as president at all. lets give the righteous a chance to right the wrongs of our pasts.
is that a bad idea, odeku? don't you think we've got too many corrupt leaders on our hands already? lets get the needed break this time, huh?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Ambassador To The Usa Sacked For His Laziness / Student Dies While Texting And Driving ( With Picture Of Last Text) / News breaking! Apga top official stripped naked in Anambra(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.