Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,523 members, 7,958,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:33 PM

My Thoughts - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Thoughts (863 Views)

About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts / My Thoughts On Fulani Herdsmen, Buhari And The Islamization Of Nigeria+solutions / FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Thoughts by Talk2bryant(m): 4:27pm On Apr 26, 2016
This piece was inspired by johnydon22

I had a difficult time trying to sleeping last night, which could be as a result of the clutch moment I had yesterday on the basketball court after taking the last second shot that took my team to the finals. But on the other hand, I've been having some random religious thoughts which I can't find a logical answer to. ‎

I'm a muslim by birth, but grew up the Christian way, going to church on Sundays and midweek services on weekdays, it was fun but it just wasn't my thing, the concept of trinity just wasn't making sense to me. 
So I decided to try Islam, cos dad was a muslim so I had it easy. I was enthusiastic about it, learning how to read the Quran in a short space of time was a tremendous feat which I admire myself about anytime I read, my mum who is a staunch christian and her church members graced my Quranic graduation then. 

I've had experience of the two leading religion in the world today and it's quite fascinating to contribute to discussions that cuts across the fabric of both religion. One thing I've learned so far is they both have a lot in common and quite a number of differences. 

One of my favourite character in both holy books is Noah, the story of the ark is one I enjoyed reading especially at sunday school. As we know, Noah was a prophet in both books and he preached to his people to serve One God, which his people decline and they were perished in the flood!. 

it was narrated that the whole earth was flooded and it was only Noah and his family that was saved. Studying the narration closely, he only preached to the people around him, maybe to some neighbouring towns inclusive, but he certainly didn't cover the entire surface of the earth, which I deduce from the narration.

My question goes thus: isn't it unfair that God destroyed people that didn't even hear Noah's call to salvation based on the fact that he couldn't have covered the whole nook and cranny of this entire planet. Given the fact that there is no broadcast system to possible reach the whole human populace. 

My deduction it, it wasn't a global flood. it could have possibly been a local flood which doesn't extend to the extreme of the entire planet.

The second thought is: in both holy books, the prophets are chosen from a specific race, and not from random selection, Isreal and Saudi as the case may be, with the isrealis taking most of the credit. The criteria for choosing prophets from my basic understanding is that, God raise one person to correct his people when they are going astray. ‎
Of all the thousands of prophets sent to this world, None is of African,American,Indian, or Chinese descent.  The closest an African could get is Bilal, who was the first man to call the adhan (call to prayer), and anytime he's been referenced, he's always referred to as a "slave". 
Is it that we Africans aren't holy enough or we are not in God's radar when he's sending prophets to the world, because Africa as a continent would have been so primitive and idolatrous  based on our history. So there is a good reason to have atleast one prophet of African descent. 

Africa today has the highest number of men of God which is quite ironic. ‎

The third thought goes thus: Islam claims to have a spirit of brotherhood, every man is equal in the sight of Allah, so we all have equal right. 
The common denominator among all muslims is the Kaa'ba, irrespective of your ethnic or racial difference. i.e, all muslims have equal right to the kaa'ba. 
From my research, on the issue of muadhin,  Several families share these duties including Mulla, Shaker, Rayes, Al-Abbas, Hadrawi, Basnawi, Khouj, Marouf and Faydah.Some of these families held this position for hundreds of years; for example, the al-Abbas. (source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masjid_al-Haram)
Why is it a family thing? Can't a non-arab, black, Chinese, American, Australian be appointed a muadhin,s‎ame goes for the imams.

My Proposition: The next chief Imam of Masjid-al-Haram – the largest mosque of world that surrounds and manages Kabaa area – would be a non-Arab. And the team of Imams would have a proportionate representation of all ethnic groups.Till this happens, non-arab muslims should boycott and condemn Saudi Arabia government and call for ban on Hajj to oppose racism. After all, when EQUALITY – the much touted foundation of Islam – is mocked, rest of the rituals become mere jokes.(So far not one single Imam in history of Mecca mosque has been non-Arab. Shame on this blatant racial discrimination in a location that is sacred for entire Muslim Ummah.): ‎

The prophet said, anyone that propagates tribalism isn't one of us, (so I heard from a guy I had a discussion with). I'm not a racist, neither am I tribalistic. I believe in equality and justice. Because the kaa'ba is at the arab's backyard,doesnt mean they should control it's entire affairs. We all have equal right to it.
I think the selection should be based on knowledge and it should be distributed. 

I demand that my pride be restored. I am and want to remain a proud Muslim. But I also want to be a proud Nigerian, proud Indian, a proud Pakistani, a proud African. And above all a proud human being. Religion that comes with strings of slavery is not a religion, but a farce.
I love Islam. I live for Islam and can die for it. But definitely not at the expense of dignity as a human. I refuse to be treated as a slave anymore. Liberty is my first and foremost birthright that no ideology can dupe me to reliquish.

O'Allah! Forgive me if I am wrong. But it were You who taught me that I have the right to smile and seek happiness simply because I am a human. You taught me even as a baby that all human beings deserve equal treatment regardless of race, gender or color.This was the first lesson you taught me even before I came to know that I am Muslim and he is Hindu, Christian, Jew, whatever. All other lessons were taught by humans. But this smile and equality was taught directly by You. I can leave everything else, but not this divine revelation of Yours.‎

I'm a muslim and these are my random thoughts, contributions and explanations would be appreciated to clarify things, we are all in the learning process. 
If you are going to attack my personality or threaten me with hell, you can as well take up a debate with me, every belief must come under scrutiny, that's my stance

I'm going to the court for the finals.
Wish me luck smiley

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Thoughts by johnydon22(m): 9:55pm On Apr 26, 2016
You do me much honour giving me credit on this. . . I must say this is a noble and good thought, healthy and on the right track to begin asking deeper questions.

I am much more impressed by the few words said on the last paragraph.

every belief must come under scrutiny, that's my stance

This is wonderfully beautiful, and hold on to this bolded words of yours.

Hold on to the path of reason, much more light will be thrown your way!!!

Thank you once again

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Thoughts by surestakes: 10:00pm On Apr 26, 2016
This doesn't disprove the fact that Jesus is Lord. Op, surrender your life to Christ and all things will be well
Re: My Thoughts by Talk2bryant(m): 10:34pm On Apr 26, 2016
If I'm a lady, you would charge me for stalking,c os I've read all your posts grin grin, and they are so fascinating.

I've even recommended your page to my friends to come learn from you.

Nairaland doesn't appreciate you, you should put up your blog, I can help draw traffic wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts by johnydon22(m): 10:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
Talk2bryant:
If I'm a lady, you would charge me for stalking,c os I've read all your posts grin grin, and they are so fascinating.

I've even recommended your page to my friends to come learn from you.

Nairaland doesn't appreciate you, you should put up your blog, I can help draw traffic wink

Hahahahaha Thank you brother... i'll give the blog a thought

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts by Talk2bryant(m): 11:05pm On Apr 26, 2016
johnydon22:

please do on time, you are a talented writer and as I said earlier, you inspired me cos I never saw myself composing such a long thread myself, the thoughts kept coming and I kept penning them down.
Re: My Thoughts by johnydon22(m): 11:25pm On Apr 26, 2016
Talk2bryant:

please do on time, you are a talented writer and as I said earlier, you inspired me cos I never saw myself composing such a long thread myself, the thoughts kept coming and I kept penning them down.

Keep it up bro
Re: My Thoughts by bytemeister(m): 11:30am On Apr 28, 2016
Talk2bryant:
This piece was inspired by johnydon22

I had a difficult time trying to sleeping last night, which could be as a result of the clutch moment I had yesterday on the basketball court after taking the last second shot that took my team to the finals. But on the other hand, I've been having some random religious thoughts which I can't find a logical answer to. ‎

I'm a muslim by birth, but grew up the Christian way, going to church on Sundays and midweek services on weekdays, it was fun but it just wasn't my thing, the concept of trinity just wasn't making sense to me. 
So I decided to try Islam, cos dad was a muslim so I had it easy. I was enthusiastic about it, learning how to read the Quran in a short space of time was a tremendous feat which I admire myself about anytime I read, my mum who is a staunch christian and her church members graced my Quranic graduation then. 

I've had experience of the two leading religion in the world today and it's quite fascinating to contribute to discussions that cuts across the fabric of both religion. One thing I've learned so far is they both have a lot in common and quite a number of differences. 

One of my favourite character in both holy books is Noah, the story of the ark is one I enjoyed reading especially at sunday school. As we know, Noah was a prophet in both books and he preached to his people to serve One God, which his people decline and they were perished in the flood!. 

it was narrated that the whole earth was flooded and it was only Noah and his family that was saved. Studying the narration closely, he only preached to the people around him, maybe to some neighbouring towns inclusive, but he certainly didn't cover the entire surface of the earth, which I deduce from the narration.

My question goes thus: isn't it unfair that God destroyed people that didn't even hear Noah's call to salvation based on the fact that he couldn't have covered the whole nook and cranny of this entire planet. Given the fact that there is no broadcast system to possible reach the whole human populace. 

My deduction it, it wasn't a global flood. it could have possibly been a local flood which doesn't extend to the extreme of the entire planet.

The second thought is: in both holy books, the prophets are chosen from a specific race, and not from random selection, Isreal and Saudi as the case may be, with the isrealis taking most of the credit. The criteria for choosing prophets from my basic understanding is that, God raise one person to correct his people when they are going astray. ‎
Of all the thousands of prophets sent to this world, None is of African,American,Indian, or Chinese descent.  The closest an African could get is Bilal, who was the first man to call the adhan (call to prayer), and anytime he's been referenced, he's always referred to as a "slave". 
Is it that we Africans aren't holy enough or we are not in God's radar when he's sending prophets to the world, because Africa as a continent would have been so primitive and idolatrous  based on our history. So there is a good reason to have atleast one prophet of African descent. 

Africa today has the highest number of men of God which is quite ironic. ‎

The third thought goes thus: Islam claims to have a spirit of brotherhood, every man is equal in the sight of Allah, so we all have equal right. 
The common denominator among all muslims is the Kaa'ba, irrespective of your ethnic or racial difference. i.e, all muslims have equal right to the kaa'ba. 
From my research, on the issue of muadhin,  Several families share these duties including Mulla, Shaker, Rayes, Al-Abbas, Hadrawi, Basnawi, Khouj, Marouf and Faydah.Some of these families held this position for hundreds of years; for example, the al-Abbas. (source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masjid_al-Haram)
Why is it a family thing? Can't a non-arab, black, Chinese, American, Australian be appointed a muadhin,s‎ame goes for the imams.

My Proposition: The next chief Imam of Masjid-al-Haram – the largest mosque of world that surrounds and manages Kabaa area – would be a non-Arab. And the team of Imams would have a proportionate representation of all ethnic groups.Till this happens, non-arab muslims should boycott and condemn Saudi Arabia government and call for ban on Hajj to oppose racism. After all, when EQUALITY – the much touted foundation of Islam – is mocked, rest of the rituals become mere jokes.(So far not one single Imam in history of Mecca mosque has been non-Arab. Shame on this blatant racial discrimination in a location that is sacred for entire Muslim Ummah.): ‎

The prophet said, anyone that propagates tribalism isn't one of us, (so I heard from a guy I had a discussion with). I'm not a racist, neither am I tribalistic. I believe in equality and justice. Because the kaa'ba is at the arab's backyard,doesnt mean they should control it's entire affairs. We all have equal right to it.
I think the selection should be based on knowledge and it should be distributed. 

I demand that my pride be restored. I am and want to remain a proud Muslim. But I also want to be a proud Nigerian, proud Indian, a proud Pakistani, a proud African. And above all a proud human being. Religion that comes with strings of slavery is not a religion, but a farce.
I love Islam. I live for Islam and can die for it. But definitely not at the expense of dignity as a human. I refuse to be treated as a slave anymore. Liberty is my first and foremost birthright that no ideology can dupe me to reliquish.

O'Allah! Forgive me if I am wrong. But it were You who taught me that I have the right to smile and seek happiness simply because I am a human. You taught me even as a baby that all human beings deserve equal treatment regardless of race, gender or color.This was the first lesson you taught me even before I came to know that I am Muslim and he is Hindu, Christian, Jew, whatever. All other lessons were taught by humans. But this smile and equality was taught directly by You. I can leave everything else, but not this divine revelation of Yours.‎

I'm a muslim and these are my random thoughts, contributions and explanations would be appreciated to clarify things, we are all in the learning process. 
If you are going to attack my personality or threaten me with hell, you can as well take up a debate with me, every belief must come under scrutiny, that's my stance

I'm going to the court for the finals.
Wish me luck smiley

Dosumu Hafeez 
26th April, 2016‎

This is the best and most reasonable post I've read from a muslim so far

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Thoughts by HardMirror(m): 9:31am On May 19, 2016
surestakes:
This doesn't disprove the fact that Jesus is Lord. Op, surrender your life to Christ and all things will be well
Hehehe.
Baby here you go again, here you go again,
Making me love you...
Well done jare. Jesus needs all the help he can get from us humans. We must not let christianity die sad

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 31, 2016
Mehn...... This is deep...

P.S : did you win the finals
Re: My Thoughts by johnydon22(m): 7:46pm On May 31, 2016
HardMirror:

Hehehe.
Baby here you go again, here you go again,
Making me love you...
Well done jare. Jesus needs all the help he can get from us humans. We must not let christianity die sad

LOL
Re: My Thoughts by Talk2bryant(m): 9:45pm On May 31, 2016
No we lost, I got a technical, they did ojoro for us angry
SirWere:
Mehn...... This is deep...

P.S : did you win the finals
Re: My Thoughts by Pdizzle(m): 9:32am On Jun 01, 2016
johnydon22:

You're too intellectually wordy not to have a blog.

This religion thing got me thinking lately, but I'm damn sure there are forces that control this world.
Re: My Thoughts by johnydon22(m): 9:35am On Jun 01, 2016
Pdizzle:

You're too intellectually wordy not to have a blog.

This religion thing got me thinking lately, but I'm damn sure there are forces that control this world.

Of course there are forces controlling the universe itself and they are.

- Electromagnetism
-Weak Nuclear force
-Strong nuclear force
-Gravitation

You may none the less explain your own forces if there are different from the basic ones i listed and then tell us in what way they control this world and remarkably out of countless planets only this world.
Re: My Thoughts by Pdizzle(m): 12:40am On Jun 02, 2016
johnydon22:

Of course there are forces controlling the universe itself and they are.

- Electromagnetism
-Weak Nuclear force
-Strong nuclear force
-Gravitation

You may none the less explain your own forces if there are different from the basic ones i listed and then tell us in what way they control this world and remarkably out of countless planets only this world.

I know these forces exists and they govern everything. But what about forces that actually take note of your morality here on earth, are you saying there are none?
I've been having deep thoughts about religion lately, i remember asking my friend who's a muslim why you have to learn the Quran in the Arabic language and even throw a party when you've fully mastered it.
He told me that's the language of God, i was like you mean God created us equally, and he chose one language over another? He was getting emotional and i had to drop the argument but it got me thinking.
Re: My Thoughts by johnydon22(m): 12:48am On Jun 02, 2016
Pdizzle:

I know these forces exists and they govern everything. But what about forces that actually take note of your morality here on earth, are you saying there are none?
I've been having deep thoughts about religion lately, i remember asking my friend who's a muslim why you have to learn the Quran in the Arabic language and even throw a party when you've fully mastered it.
He told me that's the language of God, i was like you mean God created us equally, and he chose one language over another? He was getting emotional and i had to drop the argument but it got me thinking.

Haba! i'm just tired. . . Sometimes i think it's better i don't say anything at all people should believe and swallow what they will.

I am tired of explaining even the most basic aspect of a human society and order.

(1) (Reply)

Atheists Are Taking Advantage Of Ignorance In Christianity To Be Athiests / See Why Muslims Won't Stop Killing Innocent Souls / Pastor Gets Stuck In A Shrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.