Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,808 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? (4320 Views)

Can a no sex,no romance relationship be possible / Can A Relationship Be Successful Without Lies? / Can "Love" In A Relationship Be 50:50?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by sexyLeamon(f): 7:13am On Aug 08, 2009
It was put to me recently that in any relationship, there is always one person who is ultimately dominant. This goes against everything I believe. But since I have an obligation to myself to continually learn and question, I decided to throw this question out to all you nairalanders in order to get other perspectives.
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 08, 2009
Personaly I think that equality is a state of mind.
at the end of the day, it all comes down only to the
respect and appreciation of each other.
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by IniUbom(m): 10:46am On Aug 11, 2009
STOOPIDleamin
na u no y di less dominnt pesin gets tatooed name of quote/unquote silver back gorilla.
Ps dont even tink of retaliating 4 di Stoopid remark, unless u wan die nervous wreck. I no fit shout. smiley
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by izeek(m): 11:51am On Aug 11, 2009
its a natural thing for one to assume dominance in a relationship,
or have it bestowed upon.
some1 has to lead in a r/s and some1 has to follow, doesn't make u trampled on or something.
its just that when two people try to assume dominance, its most likely that the whole idea hits rock bottom due to clash of ego's.
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by ayobase(m): 11:55am On Aug 11, 2009
#IniUbom
what was ur point?

Yes, there TENDS to be one dominating,
but it is known to be balanced as time goes on.

This applies not to me.
if it is not balanced
then, there is wahala!!
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by tybabe2: 11:59am On Aug 11, 2009
I don't think that relationships can be completely equal, that doesn't mean that it's a bad thing, Relationships are like waves with highs and lows, and at each point there's usually someone holding and it could be either partner, Now If it is always the same person holding the reins on the relationship, then it becomes worrying, otherwise i think it's perfectly normal,
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by johnniet: 12:08pm On Aug 11, 2009
Of course there cant equality in a relationship but its very absurd for the woman to take dominance of the relationship.Even the bible practically go against this.the man sure has the tendency to be the leader.
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by debest1(m): 12:12pm On Aug 11, 2009
It depends on the context of equality you are referring to. In a man/wife scenario, the man is the head of the home, he is primarily responsible for everything in the home; the woman even foregoes her identity to become part of the man. This however does not mean that the woman is less than the man, just that ultimately there is a leader in the home.More like what you have in a football team; there are 11 players but one of them is the Captain, oftentimes he's not the best player in the team but the one who commands the respect of the rest of the side. They listen to what he says and key decisions on the field are often taken by him.
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by izeek(m): 12:18pm On Aug 11, 2009
dont care if its the lady or the mam,
some1 has just got to takecontrol ofthings.
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by FBS: 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2009
Someone has to be in control but not necessarily "dominating"
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by Kemjisuper(m): 1:04pm On Aug 11, 2009
But no two people are equal! Even identical twins are not. So how would one expect both partners in a relationship to be perfectly equal in all aspects? undecided
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by MUZBO(m): 1:16pm On Aug 11, 2009
Duhh!! Maybe if the word 'completely' was removed it won't be so obvious that this thread is a waste of space. How did it make front page anyway?
Talking of equality, that thread titled: 'Is the moon really round?' should make front page too.
They both suck!!
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by Nezan(m): 1:32pm On Aug 11, 2009
No
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by sesman(m): 1:41pm On Aug 11, 2009
I doubt any equal relationship will utimately need to success, someone has to have the upper hand not necessarily dominating. we can apply this to our everyday life, we can't have two qual president running a country, we can't have two equal chairman runnning an organisation, e.t.c

as the turkish proverb says "Two captains will sink the ship"
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by otukpo(f): 1:46pm On Aug 11, 2009
There is hardly anything u get that kind of equality in practice. One must be kind of dominating or controlling. But does not have to be in a negative sense.
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by Oluschenco(m): 2:07pm On Aug 11, 2009
Fingers are not equal!!!!!
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by Jenke: 3:58pm On Aug 11, 2009
Fingers are not equal!!!!!
no realationship can be complete.
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by Noblez: 4:01pm On Aug 11, 2009
The brain is the creative center of the body.The heart is the leader because its da power house so the leader of da body.In evry rship there cant be an equality.One must lead n da other ll follow.The leader bears the burnt when da tidyings are rough n the bounties in da days of harvest
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by MrWaters: 4:10pm On Aug 11, 2009
No equilibrium. Shift to balance but remember a man as got to be a man
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by Seesinz(f): 4:11pm On Aug 11, 2009
ayobase:

#IniUbom
what was ur point?

Yes, there TENDS to be one dominating,
but it is known to be balanced as time goes on.

This applies not to me.
if it is not balanced
then, there is wahala!!

I quite agree with that omehow, it happens!
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by joizzy1: 4:42pm On Aug 11, 2009
all has been said. i think d unanimous decision is dat in any relationship there can be no complete equality in any relationship.there can be no complete equality in Gods own earth(even in nature).each party should be kul wd d arrangement dats all(no resentment or illwill).
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by izeek(m): 4:49pm On Aug 11, 2009
@jo-izzy,
well said, am always happy when i hear a girl accept some level of truth no matter how minimal.

at least we know some are born leaders (me) and others are born to learn from leaders how to lead.
there is not a chance u have equality in a r/s, do we start from the decision making to financial matters!
someone ( guy mostly) just assumes this position naturally. its the only way sanity can be achieved.
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by bulla77(m): 4:51pm On Aug 11, 2009
Think of a ship with two captains
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by izeek(m): 5:05pm On Aug 11, 2009
u mean two pirate ships!
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by tokunegiye(m): 5:12pm On Aug 11, 2009
that answer will 1 out of every100 so very faw.
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by dfanthom(m): 5:59pm On Aug 11, 2009
yang & yin energies! shocked

comparatively equal & opposite!! grin
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by agabaI23(m): 6:01pm On Aug 11, 2009
Where there are two people on the sand, one must be on top the other so says our forefathers
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by Donvilo(m): 6:46pm On Aug 11, 2009
debest1:

It depends on the context of equality you are referring to. In a man/wife scenario, the man is the head of the home, he is primarily responsible for everything in the home; the woman even foregoes her identity to become part of the man. This however does not mean that the woman is less than the man, just that ultimately there is a leader in the home.More like what you have in a football team; there are 11 players but one of them is the Captain, oftentimes he's not the best player in the team but the one who commands the respect of the rest of the side. They listen to what he says and key decisions on the field are often taken by him.

I quite agree with u, debest. Just b'cos a woman isn't the head of family doesn't mean that she can be leading attimes esp. when the man is broke.
@topic. Take a look at the world we live in and see that almost every thing we see isn't equal. That's how u will answer the question. smiley
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by oyinda3(f): 8:12pm On Aug 11, 2009
yea there is usually a more dominant partner and this usually depend on personality rather than who makes more money. lol
the man may be very wealthy but the wife can still have the most control in the r/s if she has that take charge personality.
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by DeepSoul(f): 9:01pm On Aug 11, 2009
Well, I think at some point or the other someone gets to hold more power in a r/ship. But it doesnt last forever cos certain events happen and

power previously held is given to the other person. And it goes on and on, power changing hands, it's a cycle,
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by davidif: 11:35pm On Aug 11, 2009
It was put to me recently that in any relationship, there is always one person who is ultimately dominant. This goes against everything I believe. But since I have an obligation to myself to continually learn and question, I decided to throw this question out to all you nairalanders in order to get other perspectives.

and we wonder why 60% of marriages in America end in divorce. Look, you can't have two CEO's in a company, two captains in a boat, two presidents in a country or two generals in an army somebody has to be in charge or else it would end up in disaster.
Re: Can Any Relationship Be Completely Equal? by bluespice(f): 11:55pm On Aug 11, 2009
err i wouldnt say ultimetly dominant
but i think one partner's opinions count more
might not be deliberate or obvious tho . . undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

TOP 10 Adventurous Sexual Things A Guy Should Do Before Marriage. / Lmào! Pick Øne (picture) / The Non-phallus Stimulation To Orgasm (for Men)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.