Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,583 members, 7,847,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:47 PM

my penny wise pound foolish **** itk friend - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / my penny wise pound foolish **** itk friend (562 Views)

If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay / Socio-political Podcast: The ITK Podcast / Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

my penny wise pound foolish **** itk friend by RevDesm0ndJuju: 11:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
A friend of mine relocated about five years ago from lagos to Abuja after securing a job.

This my friend was not willing to pay the high rent in town but decided to build a house in one of the many slum villagers here in Abuja inspite of my warnings and advice from me to him telling him that he was better off burning his money than build a house in the slums.

He disregarded my advice and went on to build his substandard house in the slum.

The project set him back close to 3 million. This was money he had saved alongside his lucrative housing allowance plus money he borrowed.

He eventually moved in after completion and he made it a point to brag to me that he was now a landlord in less than 2 mths arriving Abuja and also kept telling me I was wasting my money paying rent in town that I should relocate to his slum village. He even got me to come to his slum to see a land he had secured for me at the bargain price of 25 thousand naira.
I never expected land to be so cheap and couldn't hold my shock. He then told me he got his for 20k and that the price of land was appreciating that even if I don't build I should hold on to it.

I looked at him and asked him how much he spent building his house to which he replied close to 3 million. I then told him that he has 3 million naira sitting on 20k land and that that didn't make sense to me.

I then told him that even if I was to buy this land at one thousand naira I could not phantom having to live in such a squalid dirty and very insecure neighbourhood. I asked him is it this environment I will have and raise a family? I told him never.

Well, after that day we fell out and he started spreading word that I am proud and arrogant and in no way smart.

My friend will later marry and have kids in that house and I heard he began to expand his real estate claims in that slum by building and renting one room self contain apartments. I even heard he opened a provision shop for his wife and some how after just 3 yrs had become some what a prominent member of the slum village society.

Then all of a sudden his world began to crash.

He lost his job after he was caught doing some shady deals then the FCDA decided it was time to rid Abuja of slum dwellings and neighbourhoods.

He as a prominent member of the village slum took the FCT to court on their demolition plans only for the case to drag for a year in court and for the court to rule against his favour at the end.

The FCDA armed with a court victory then mobilised to demolish his village only for him to call on me in my rented apartment to help him house some of his properties and also loan him some money to relocate his family back to the south West

The moral of this story is that no matter what your plans, achievements and goals are you can not realise it under a shaky foundation.

Just like my yoruba friend who learnt the very hard way at the last minute this strong advice, most of his own people are deluding themselves in this rickety foundation called Nigeria.

No matter all your developmental strides in the south, the north is there to prevent it coming to fruition and also ready to pounce on your sweat.

We are seeing it with boko haram and fulani terrorists militias in the south.

For all of you shouting one Nigeria and deluding yourselves over the false unity of this nation just know that the fulani regards his cows more valuable than your life.
Re: my penny wise pound foolish **** itk friend by masseratti: 1:14am On Apr 27, 2016
op please go back to school, or try evening school after making your money in that shop,when you are done,you can come back on nairaland,it will still be here,then we can understand you better.
Re: my penny wise pound foolish **** itk friend by Nobody: 1:21am On Apr 27, 2016
Yoruba don suffer o what do people want from yoruba sef hmm
Re: my penny wise pound foolish **** itk friend by Sall(m): 1:46am On Apr 27, 2016
There is only one way to get a genuine land in the entire ABUJA and the only way is through fcda or fcda certified land. Any other way then you av been scammed. Own houses in ABUJA but must tell you not on a certified land and no c of o.waiting for the rightful owner to come knocking.
Re: my penny wise pound foolish **** itk friend by uniklinkum(m): 4:55am On Apr 27, 2016
Lalasticlala and mynd44
Re: my penny wise pound foolish **** itk friend by TANTUMERGO007(m): 5:15am On Apr 27, 2016
uniklinkum:
Lalasticlala and mynd44
are they gods?

(1) (Reply)

Fayose, 'I Won’t Support Bode George For PDP Chairman' / David Cameron Calls Nigeria And Afghanistan 'fantastically Corrupt' / I Would Harness Resources To End Poverty – President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.