Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,136 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:39 AM

Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community (21672 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: Presidency Has Abandoned Us - Benue Governor, Ortom Cries Out / Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests / Photos Of The Herdsmen That Attacked Nimbo, Enugu Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by Dragonking: 9:55am On Apr 27, 2016
Hagm0nd:
So the villagers knew they were to be attacked and they cant organise vigilante and arm themselves
imagine fulani telling the communities that their land belong to them for grazing,raping women and many more
and the slowpoke of a governor could only talk about prayer and fasting
this is what ipob should arise and confront not insulting yorubas
unless they are a bunch of cowards
Am not Igbo or Yoruba but you have said the bitter truth.. Instead of ipob shouting free KANU, they should gather together and save their land from impending doom.Imagine the Fulani's warned you they were coming and yet they couldn't defend themselves.. Imagine fulani raping ur wife and sisters in ur front and u can't do jack...angry

To my Igbo brothers, stop insulting or antagonizing other tribes...focus and defend yourselves or else you will no longer have a homeland in the east.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by jimi4us: 9:56am On Apr 27, 2016
Alokendra:
Enugu is a no man's land... Karma is a biatch!
Bwahahahahaha
The chickens have come home to roost.
I pray dey clear your g******ion
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by Jyde89: 9:58am On Apr 27, 2016
matrix199:

You talk like one of the fulani herdsmen's cattle.

Can a pride of lions apology to a pack of jackals? Apologise to a lanky looking tribe who thinks the earth is theirs only? We rather die than stoop low. The herdsmen only attack villages with many old farmers and law abiding villagers. Why didn't they attack a community in the city?

And where is Buhari? What kind of president throws a blind eye and a deaf ear to serial attacks from his tribesmen?

Where u see this post na mek i insult this e.diot wey talk say west de ready to give the fulani bastards grazing lands with apology, am sure this individual is a bastard yoruba or not yoruba at all, my Ogbomoso people no de carry last, no bi 2day dem don de kill any trespassing fulani bastard, those bastards are cowards who only ambush harmless people, attack them heavily and they'll flee.
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by hornyman(m): 9:59am On Apr 27, 2016
Nigerian Police self! If na harmless Yahoo boys dem hear information about now dem go don swing into action very swiftly. If they have acted fast the incident would have been curbed by now. I hate news about death. What if its your life dat was taken?

1 Like

Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by Gext22: 10:03am On Apr 27, 2016
989900B:

LOL . . . are you saying some 200-500 Fulani terrorist over-ran the whole of Enugu?

I meant evacuate them from that particular village/town to the nearest safe place . . . the Fulanis resident in Enugu are smarter, fearing backlash, safety first, they've all fled town to the barracks for safety (in the same Enugu).

BTW, if the governor does not have enough security men both official and non official to tackle some less than 500 Fulani herdsmen, then he is a joke -- a big one, he could be over-ran as well an will.
You still did not answer my question.
How is he supposed to evacuate thousands of people at 2am? THE logistics alone is something only the federal can handle. And to do that without the Fulani herdsmen knowing, which is impossible.
Let me even assume that he has some security officers in his pocket - what are they supposed to do against a highly coordinated imter-state militia?
The same militia that have wrecked havoc in a dozen other states and are currently the 4th most dangerous terrorist group in the world.
The governor is incompetent, of course. Your president though is a murderer, either through complicity or incompetence.
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by Dragonking: 10:08am On Apr 27, 2016
Drchristian:
Can this happen in Igbolands upon all d noises and chestbeating have seen? chai

Even in mile12 crises 3 hausas was first taken down and burnt before d reprisals attack that killed two igbos and 2 yoruba children returning frm sch.

Chestbeating is bad ...it is more of what led to d bloodbath of more than 60 igbos in Enugu.
Funny thing is that your moniker contradicts all what you have posted..You are using an opportunity to take a pound of flesh at your fellow southern brethren.. Tomorrow u will enter church and be casting and binding demons when your actions or post is no different Frm one.

This is why Fulani's will continue to wipe the southern part of Nigeria because two tribes (igbos and yorubas) refuse to use their common sense and realize that they are fighting a common bloodthirsty enemy...Continue mocking yourselves while the Fulani's are killing Igbo's and Yoruba's alike.
PS note that I am not Igbo but it is time for u guys to start thinking with ur brains

1 Like

Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by Gext22: 10:13am On Apr 27, 2016
Dragonking:
Am not Igbo or Yoruba but you have said the bitter truth.. Instead of ipob shouting free KANU, they should gather together and save their land from impending doom.Imagine the Fulani's warned you they were coming and yet they couldn't defend themselves.. Imagine fulani raping ur wife and sisters in ur front and u can't do jack...angry

To my Igbo brothers, stop insulting or antagonizing other tribes...focus and defend yourselves or else you will no longer have a homeland in the east.
Of course, igbos would have to defend their land and forget about anything else in this hell hole.
Unfortunately, tomorrow, people like you will start telling us rubbish about how we should stop hating buhari and vote and support him - whatever that means.
You won't remember when we had to defend and develop our land by ourselves without the President caring a whit.
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by amtaken(f): 10:18am On Apr 27, 2016
Sometimes I wonder if they are for real.

cheruv:

People like berem, abagworo, egift who'd rather have their people slaughtered than resist the enemy
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by Dragonking: 10:18am On Apr 27, 2016
Gext22:
Of course, igbos would have to defend their land and forget about anything else in this hell hole.
Unfortunately, tomorrow, people like you will start telling us rubbish about how we should stop hating buhari and vote and support him - whatever that means.
You won't remember when we had to defend and develop our land by ourselves without the President caring a whit.
Go and check my previous post, I don't support buhari and his continued silence shows that he enjoys what is happening in the southern part of Nigeria...but when both the president and governor are useless then it is the responsibility of the indegenes to fight and protect their land instead of mocking other tribes especially ur fellow southern and middle belt tribes...like someone said here, it is ur duty to assist in anyway u can when ur neighbor house is on fire for same will be returned when ur own house catches fire.

1 Like

Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by Skills10: 10:19am On Apr 27, 2016
I agree with you 1000%. Also, what I don't understand is the fact that our President has never condemned these killings at all. I still do not understand his silence on this issue.

Dragonking:
Funny thing is that your moniker contradicts all what you have posted..You are using an opportunity to take a pound of flesh at your fellow southern brethren.. Tomorrow u will enter church and be casting and binding demons when your actions or post is no different Frm one.

This is why Fulani's will continue to wipe the southern part of Nigeria because two tribes (igbos and yorubas) refuse to use their common sense and realize that they are fighting a common bloodthirsty enemy...Continue mocking yourselves while the Fulani's are killing Igbo's and Yoruba's alike.
PS note that I am not Igbo but it is time for u guys to start thinking with ur brains
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by phreakabit(m): 10:23am On Apr 27, 2016
You guys are a bunch of cowards and an absolute embarassment to the Igbo race!
Based on Wikipedia as of 2006 Uzo uwani had a population of 124,480 : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uzo_Uwani
You mean to tell me that only 500 gworo chewing b@stards sacked the entire community?
I am not one to hide behind sentiments and unity, I will tell it as it is.
Una fall Igbo hand.
Keep waiting for Buhari to help you. While you are it, read what el-Rufai said back in 2012, and then realize only violence can stop Violence in real life:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FSipSMpYLHwJ:https://twitter.com/elrufai/status/224577000218689537+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ng

Moronic Pussies!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by 989900B: 10:25am On Apr 27, 2016
Gext22:
You still did not answer my question.
How is he supposed to evacuate thousands of people at 2am? THE logistics alone is something only the federal can handle. And to do that without the Fulani herdsmen knowing, which is impossible.
Let me even assume that he has some security officers in his pocket - what are they supposed to do against a highly coordinated imter-state militia?
The same militia that have wrecked havoc in a dozen other states and are currently the 4th most dangerous terrorist group in the world.
The governor is incompetent, of course. Your president though is a murderer, either through complicity or incompetence.

You have said it several times that the governor messed up, it's of no use going around in circles then heading off in a tangent.

You can blame the president for not doing enough in vocally condemning the Fulani herdsmen, but ultimately the lives lost on that fateful night rest in the hands of the security forces on ground with the Governor as the CSO.

If the few thousands in that community were warned of an impending natural disaster say earthquake for example, and of course they had hours of forewarning, are you saying they can't be evacuated? This is part of the training all security forces get, from the fire service, to civil defense, navy, police, Army, hell, even boys scouts!

As a trained personnel, you can figure evacuation with local intel in 5-10 mins -- it's the training you get -- it's almost as instinctive as an aircraft pilot's reaction to emergency. If you don't have the training, you don't, but those that have it know what to.

Rule #1: Women and Children first.

1 Like

Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by Babacele: 10:38am On Apr 27, 2016
989900B:

You have said it several times that the governor messed up, it's of no use going around in circles then heading off in a tangent.

You can blame the president for not doing enough in vocally condemning the Fulani herdsmen, but ultimately the lives lost on that fateful night rest in the hands of the security forces on ground with the Governor as the CSO.

If the few thousands in that community were warned of an impending natural disaster say earthquake for example, and of course they had hours of forewarning, are you saying they can't be evacuated? This is part of the training all security forces get, from the fire service, to civil defense, navy, police, Army, hell, even boys scouts!

As a trained personnel, you can figure evacuation with local intel in 5-10 mins -- it's the training you get -- it's almost as instinctive as an aircraft pilot's reaction to emergency. If you don't have the training, you don't, but those that have it know what to.

Rule #1: Women and Children first.

I swear you have not heared all the stories concerning this issue.....just keep yr usual open mind n u ll understand...
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by mart2k(m): 10:45am On Apr 27, 2016
matrix199:

You talk like one of the fulani herdsmen's cattle.

Can a pride of lions apology to a pack of jackals? Apologise to a lanky looking tribe who thinks the earth is theirs only? We rather die than stoop low. The herdsmen only attack villages with many old farmers and law abiding villagers. Why didn't they attack a community in the city?

And where is Buhari? What kind of president throws a blind eye and a deaf ear to serial attacks from his tribesmen?
Dnt worry, d fulanis wl soon come to Enugu to chase ur prayer warrior governor out of government house.
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by EemeritusMbam: 10:49am On Apr 27, 2016
raumdeuter:
Cowards. They cant defend themselves na to come online make noise

If you read their online posts you would think they can defeat Russia in a war yet crying because of some rag tag Fulani herdsmen

Heard kettykin is now at refuggee camp. He told us last year that they will destroy the zoo if they arrest dilector, now nothing happened. After the agatu issue, he said agatu are cowards and not like the brave Ibos who can defeat anybody in the world. Online bravery
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by EemeritusMbam: 10:50am On Apr 27, 2016
eyinjuege:
To those turning this to a tribal issue, innocent lives have been lost, families destroyed.

Pls show some empathy, and have some restraint.

At least be a decent human. Who laughs and make jokes at another's misfortune? That's just so wrong on many levels.

RIP to the dead.

Agatu people on this forum suffered from the Ibos, for every attack in agatu, there is always a new thread to mock them and call them coward. They even open a thread to mock them that they are being killed for not voting GEJ. Just too bad
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by 989900B: 11:15am On Apr 27, 2016
Babacele:
I swear you have not heared all the stories concerning this issue.....just keep yr usual open mind n u ll understand...

You get it!

You know I was just about saying the same . . . the stories keep changing, that is why it is always wrong to comment on 'developing stories'.
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by kizyalex10(m): 11:20am On Apr 27, 2016
Thier are some people who re so useless,infact I will term Thier useless nature hereditary,the person that commented about apologising to fulanis nd d person talking about chest beaters.iam of the opinion that if u don't knw what to contribute,dont jst comment for commenting sake,our try to add insult to injury.thank ur GOD that am nt God,i would hav make two of u live a life of misery nd pain.because u people re jst a waste of human. U think trough ur anus.come to think of it,the guy that said igbos re chest beaters.the last time I checked the tribe with the most cowards re yoruba.the only people that can describe a punch they can't blow
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by SonOfEl(m): 11:34am On Apr 27, 2016
Hagm0nd:
So the villagers knew they were to be attacked and they cant organise vigilante and arm themselves
imagine fulani telling the communities that their land belong to them for grazing,raping women and many more
and the slowpoke of a governor could only talk about prayer and fasting
this is what ipob should arise and confront not insulting yorubas
unless they are a bunch of cowards

Mumu read the post well before commenting. If Igbo's had retaliated, it would have been interpreted in another way....anyway, I blame the security agencies, they wanted it to happen.
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by misreal(m): 12:11pm On Apr 27, 2016
i dont think buhari or the federal government has a hand in what is happening because normally,security operatives always arrive late to the scene.and you dont expect them to give you the go ahead for reprisal attacks,because most reprisal attacks always target the innocents.whats the difference between you and them if you go on reprisals and kill innocent people.in addition,i am highly disappointed at ppl who come online to mock the victims,just because they are igbos,or even because igbos were once chest beaters.its human life we are talking about here.the solution to this problem is to ask the herdsmen to leave the south until further notice,and shoot aside every herdsman within this region till this issue is solved.because if these killings persist,i see a civil war coming because it will only give ipob and massob the chance to pick up arms..finally,the yorubas,the igbos and other minority tribes should unite to fight this,else the same violence will meet everyone of us in our doorstepp.
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by xtive(m): 12:53pm On Apr 27, 2016
I am totally speechless by this whole story, this is the first time in my life hearing that an Ibo community is held ransom in his own home without putting up a fight. Damn anyone hoping on the government and security agencies to do something. This is an organized attack right from the top they know what they are doing that's why the so called government has not risen to condemn it. They want to instill fear in you to destabilize, so you will be helpless when the main war will be declared. You better shine your eyes now before it's too late. Activate your bravery mentality now or loose your life and that of your love ones. We gave them a fight right in there home at Sabo Kano State, since then they have not tried the nonsense how much more in our own home. CONSPIRACY FROM THE HIGHEST ORDER. [/b]
shamecurls:
[b]

grin grin grin

Too much of online Chest-beating
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by Kenmoris22: 12:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
cooljude:
no no no we still blame buhari .as far as the so called useless igbo leaders can not organised them self and telling us to pray and fast tell me how the killing will stop
if you remember that not more than a month before this attack more than 73 youths were arrested because they where discussing how to secure and tame the excess of those herdsmen. I am from that local government and the conflict did not start today but they had never attacked us with this magnitude. I think those herdsmen are backed by powerful persons from this government. if you follow the trend carefully, they firstly used the military to round up a lot of youth then on the day of the attack, the so called military personnel left for who knows where. then the said military surfaced when reprisal started.
I think Nigeria as a country should enshrine in our constitution the right for individuals to have their own firearms in other to secure themselves. why would a Fulani man be allowed to carry assault riffles but I would be arrested if a small pen knife is found on me. For my Governor saying the people should pray and fast,I just want to say he his a big fat fool.
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by Safemode(m): 2:04pm On Apr 27, 2016
cooljude:

if you remember that not more than a month before this attack more than 73 youths were arrested because they where discussing how to secure and tame the excess of those herdsmen. I am from that local government and the conflict did not start today but they had never attacked us with this magnitude. I think those herdsmen are backed by powerful persons from this government. if you follow the trend carefully, they firstly used the military to round up a lot of youth then on the day of the attack, the so called military personnel left for who knows where. then the said military surfaced when reprisal started.
I think Nigeria as a country should enshrine in our constitution the right for individuals to have their own firearms in other to secure themselves. why would a Fulani man be allowed to carry assault riffles but I would be arrested if a small pen knife is found on me. For my Governor saying the people should pray and fast,I just want to say he his a big fat fool.
and this is going to be like another Boko Haram.
every region should turn against these herdsmen.
it should be kill at sight.
and I hope the Ibos and Yoruba's can go into d biz of cattle rearing.
cos we ll miss the herdsmen cows after they Re crushed.
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by amtaken(f): 3:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
They sold their conscience to politics.

Vikings007:
All I know is God will surely punish any fool that comes to nairaland to support this useless & senseless government. You won't see those old zombies comments on this thread, they will feign blindness. Bunch of scammers.

If its saraki or any of those their useless corruption threads their posts will litter everywhere.

So disappointed.
Cc: otitokoroleti/godoluwa.

1 Like

Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 27, 2016
QUOTE OF THE DAY
"if you remember that not more than a month before this attack more than 73 youths were arrested because they where discussing how to secure and tame the excess of those herdsmen. I am from that local government and the conflict did not start today but they had never attacked us with this magnitude. I think those fulani herdsmen are backed by powerful persons from this government. if you follow the trend carefully, they firstly used the military to round up a lot of youth then on the day of the attack, the so called military personnel left for who knows where. then the said military surfaced when reprisal started.
I think Nigeria as a country should enshrine in our constitution the right for individuals to have their own firearms in other to secure themselves. why would a Fulani man be allowed to carry assault riffles but I would be arrested if a small pen knife is found on me. For my Governor saying the people should pray and fast, I just want to say he his a big fat fool." - anonymous
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by sunshine1974(m): 9:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
The police commissioner is a fool, the governor is a fool infact an idiot, I'm sure if they got information that the government house will be attacked or the police headquarters dis wld ve bin foiled......never believe the police, if u hear about any inpending attack anywhere pls run far away from the place, don't even make the mistake of running to the police station, na Dem go kill u......nigeria is a failed state. Buhari Is gonna just worsen things.......there is a grand plan but it is just unfortunate that we don't seem to be seeing it.....sometimes I wonder if the south is under enchantment.....what ordinarily shldnt be tolerated in the south is bin tolerated........what is MASSOB, MEND, doing to curb the activities of this people in the south? It's a shame

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Won't Occupy Nigeria As Fuel Subsidy Removed / Cnn's Isha Sesay Poses With Rescued 21 Chibok Girls / Biafra Zionist Threatens To Send Fr. Mbaka To Exile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.