Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community (21415 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: Presidency Has Abandoned Us - Benue Governor, Ortom Cries Out / Rivers Clerics Raise Alarm Over Herdsmen’s Invasion Of Rivers’ Forests / Photos Of The Herdsmen That Attacked Nimbo, Enugu Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by 989900B: 7:34am On Apr 27, 2016
Gext22:
Are you kidding me?
A security challenge that crosses States boundaries with a federal conspiracy ring to it is supposed to be solved by the governor?
The federal police who are supposed to protect people are under the control of the President who is either flying off to some foreign lands or keeping mute like a statue on relevant issues the few times he is around.
BTW, what are the governors supposed to do? They are not in control of any security agency as a matter of law for funding.
Even the US where state police is being practiced, a security challenge like this would have seen Obama vilified and bearing the bulk of the blame and him possibly losing political relevance.
I don't care how Lagos zombie crowd decide to respond to this crisis. They can choose to play politics for all i care.
I care about the lives of my people and your buhari is responsible for all the loss of lives and properties that happened in Enugu.

One question for you: If you are the state governor, and you had just an hour forewarning that some terrorists would be attacking your people, what would you do?

1 Like

Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by viktoooh: 7:34am On Apr 27, 2016
The governor is stupid for saying he's nt in charge of security, who is the cso? Both the commissioner and co need to be sacked for failing on their duty. You waited for the attack to happen so you can play politics with pittance you called compensation? Will that also bring back lost lives?[/color][color=#990000]

2 Likes

Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 27, 2016
searchiing4love:
undecided I think we the southerners need to unite and sponsor an apology to the fulani's on the frontpage of 3 newspapers so this killings can stop. Nnamdi Kanu caused these senseless killings by abusing the hausa fulanis on Radio Biafra and calling for their deaths. We should also support the grazing bill so these guys can graze their cattle in peace. The Fulani's are good and peaceful guys until Nnamdi kanu provoked them. We yoruba's are ready to grant them our lands for grazing. The igbos need to do the same for the sake of peace sad

How Many Times Will you Repeat this same comment this week.

1 Like

Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by stonemasonn: 7:47am On Apr 27, 2016
The GOC 82 division in Enugu is a Fulani man, no wonder. This people are wise sha. The governor should better invite CNN, BBC, UN, amnesty international etc to this matter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by marnboy(m): 7:53am On Apr 27, 2016
Hagm0nd:
How did the police get wind of the youths meeting,for godsake such meeting arent done in the village square during the day
what did major igbo group do after the arrest
the likes of ipob,massob,bim,ohaneze
The Ngiges, Okorochas, Oby etc were sleeping. They will coment on ipob and chibok later, do not be worried!
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by Ganiyat72(f): 7:53am On Apr 27, 2016
raumdeuter:
Cowards. They cant defend themselves na to come online make noise

If you read their online posts you would think they can defeat Russia in a war yet crying because of some rag tag Fulani herdsmen
Old coward aka ilugunboy
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by Gext22: 7:56am On Apr 27, 2016
989900B:

One question for you: If you are the state governor, and you had just an hour forewarning that some terrorists would be attacking your people, what would you do?
I would call the IG and the military to deploy the police and soldiers there. NOT before writing a strongly worded letter to the president due to the Inter-state nature of the crisis.
Unfortunately, the security agencies and the president have proven to be either complicit or just incompetent. Which is why the governor regardless of how we look at it bears the least blame. He is guilty of naivety and political correctness.
If Fulani herdsmen ever cross Enugu again after this incident, then he should be impeached for gross incompetence.
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by Idianbeans(m): 7:57am On Apr 27, 2016
blame it on gej

Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by delishpot: 7:59am On Apr 27, 2016
Hagm0nd:
So the villagers knew they were to be attacked and they cant organise vigilante and arm themselves
imagine fulani telling the communities that their land belong to them for grazing,raping women and many more
and the slowpoke of a governor could only talk about prayer and fasting
this is what ipob should arise and confront not insulting yorubas
unless they are a bunch of cowards

The same govt will arrest those who fight back. I am sure they will enter the villages and pick up all the young men.. claiming they are armed terrorists, killing herdsmen. You know how the fed govt sends MOPOL to villages to handle situations. I am beginning to suspect some people are really trying to create a war in Nigeria. It is a shame though
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by Mrjo(m): 8:00am On Apr 27, 2016
searchiing4love:
undecided I think we the southerners need to unite and sponsor an apology to the fulani's on the frontpage of 3 newspapers so this killings can stop. Nnamdi Kanu caused these senseless killings by abusing the hausa fulanis on Radio Biafra and calling for their deaths. We should also support the grazing bill so these guys can graze their cattle in peace. The Fulani's are good and peaceful guys until Nnamdi kanu provoked them. We yoruba's are ready to grant them our lands for grazing. The igbos need to do the same for the sake of peace sad
coward! Why nt grant kanu his desire for peace, idiot is better than u.
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by SESSOL: 8:01am On Apr 27, 2016
searchiing4love:
don't insult people's sensitivity here. I wish I could give u a slap.
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by kally32(m): 8:02am On Apr 27, 2016
I'm disappointed! I simply can't understand
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by fuck419: 8:07am On Apr 27, 2016
I am not a coward neither would i ever believe that an average Igbo man is one. With so much grieve and pain i write to demand justice. In a lawless state, it's a crime to be lawful. Why on earth would my fellow Igbo man allow such an act to rest with the useless government of the selected few. I admonish my people to go after all of them and do the needful. The Kingdom of God suffereth violence and the violent taketh it by force. There shall be no peace for the wicked.
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by ItzChinnex(m): 8:09am On Apr 27, 2016
What are these Enugu people talking of self? cowards. oyah sit down and expect buhari their godfather to take care of the situation. The worst part is that they are still calling on the govt after killing a lot of people?these poleple eh, God for bid. they are disgrace.

1 Like

Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 27, 2016
cooljude:

if you remember that not more than a month before this attack more than 73 youths were arrested because they where discussing how to secure and tame the excess of those herdsmen. I am from that local government and the conflict did not start today but they had never attacked us with this magnitude. I think those herdsmen are backed by powerful persons from this government. if you follow the trend carefully, they firstly used the military to round up a lot of youth then on the day of the attack, the so called military personnel left for who knows where. then the said military surfaced when reprisal started.
I think Nigeria as a country should enshrine in our constitution the right for individuals to have their own firearms in other to secure themselves. why would a Fulani man be allowed to carry assault riffles but I would be arrested if a small pen knife is found on me. For my Governor saying the people should pray and fast,I just want to say he his a big fat fool.
my broda u cn say Dat again Dat ugwuanyi of a man is a slow poke.... Imagine wat he said Dat there should go and pray nd fast wat kinda of a statement is Dat..... I fink is high tym d ipob Kom to compromise on hw to tackle d excess of ds Fulani herd men.... Since d federal govt Are in support of wat Dere are doing..

1 Like

Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by 989900B: 8:15am On Apr 27, 2016
Gext22:
[s]I would call the IG and the military to deploy the police and soldiers there. NOT before writing a strongly worded letter to the president due to the Inter-state nature of the crisis. [/s][s][/s]
Unfortunately, the security agencies and the president have proven to be either complicit or just incompetent. Which is why the governor regardless of how we look at it bears the least blame. He is guilty of naivety and political correctness.
If Fulani herdsmen ever cross Enugu again after this incident, then he should be impeached for gross incompetence.

You see why scores of people got murdered?

If I were the governor of Enugu state, and I've credible info like he had;

1. Safety first: emergency evacuation of the people at that instant (even if it is at 2AM).

2. Deployment of any arm or number of security forces under my control to aid and assist evacuation to a more secured location.

3. Mobilize all able-bodied men to be prepared to defend themselves along with the few number of security officers I have under my control.

You see why you and I are different?
[i][/i]

2 Likes

Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by GIYAZZ(m): 8:28am On Apr 27, 2016
Why would you sit and watch them slaughter your people? Sad.
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by MIGHTYMAN82(m): 8:47am On Apr 27, 2016
buharisbae:
that's Nigeria police for u embarassed
goat watin police do u pls go & join d military or police so to anable u protect urself & odas fools in d fail country oya nw kill urself
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by zheroes(m): 8:50am On Apr 27, 2016
jcross19:
The whole scenario seems fishy !!!why the community call for security for safety and they turned them down with ridiculous excuses and after the deed have been done they came to prevented the village from revenge , they could do better by preventing the massacred. This fulanis , are killing people because they have some governmental back up , is getting too much everyday by day. Buhari call your brothers in order.!!!!!!!!!.

are all the police men in Enugu from the north? please when are we going to stop the regional conflict and hate. the security forces in Enugu failed to do their jobs, and should be held responsible.

1 Like

Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by Henrichemeka(m): 8:51am On Apr 27, 2016
What a pity
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by PrinceAfo911(m): 9:01am On Apr 27, 2016
After boko haram had killed many Igbo's in the north,Fulani want to continue in our own land yet we have not seen the reason to ask for secession.

Fulani has become "touch Not" while they kill at will.

I don't expect the inspector general of police who's also from the north to do any thing.
And Governor Ugwuanyi must be out of his mind for calling for fasting and prayer when the Bible told us to "Watch and pray"
and faith without work is dead.
There are times to act not just praying for what we can do by our selves.
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by cheruv: 9:17am On Apr 27, 2016
amtaken:
Because we lack security, the Fulani come here and tell us the land is theirs. They tell the farmers to kneel down and they rape the women in front of their husbands.”

And some people are still supporting this government. #SMH.

People like berem, abagworo, egift who'd rather have their people slaughtered than resist the enemy

1 Like

Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by Kingspin(m): 9:18am On Apr 27, 2016
At a time like this people should become a devil and do the needful.
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by Gwan2(m): 9:25am On Apr 27, 2016
jcross19:
The whole scenario seems fishy !!!why the community call for security for safety and they turned them down with ridiculous excuses and after the deed have been done they came to prevented the village from revenge , they could do better by preventing the massacred. This fulanis , are killing people because they have some governmental back up , is getting too much everyday by day. Buhari call your brothers in order.!!!!!!!!!.

Permit me 2 quote ur post......Saying the herdsmen gat som governmental backup is simply shying away from taking necessarily step....This fulani scenerio has been happening from tym immemorial even b4 d inception of diz government..the only difference is dat it has extended its base allowing the middlebelt region to recover a little before dey resume again maybe.
The truth is our security personnels are overstretched with less sophisticated weaponry. .,According to UN, Nigeria has 1 police to 400people ratio.....,So obviously it is overstretched.
This is the tym you guys need your warriors, vigilantes ,charms, Native men and all what not to com 2geda n fight diz common enemy cause obviously diz fulani men use charms aside weapons.......don't juz use dem to witchunt urselves,scaring ur rich and prominent men frm coming home except on Christmas. ..
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by cooljude(m): 9:31am On Apr 27, 2016
Everfrank:

RIP to the dead. There are two parties to this crisis. We hear your own side of the story. But since the Fulani don't seem to have a mouthpiece we need sincere answers to some questions. What have you people been doing to the Fulani as to be certain they were coming to attack you? Why you and not another communities? Has any of you killed any of them before or have you rustled their cattle?
There must be a reason for 500 Fulani men to gather and attack just one community and not their neighbors. Their attack have mostly been reprisal. Just seeking the truth.
The problem between herdsmen and locals is the same everywhere in Nigeria. They destroy farmlands either intentionally or mistakenly then some people as a form of reprisal would steal their cows, that is a known fact. with time things would settle then the same pattern reoccurs. But attacking a whole community with such ferocity is totally condemnable. no matter what, this act can never be rationalised, this is a pure barbaric act.
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by tabontabon: 9:32am On Apr 27, 2016
What Bothers Me Is That The Commissioner Of Police And His PPR0 Are Southerners.Moreso,The Governor's Excuse Of No Being In Control Of Security Agencies Is Rubish.
Because They Know How To Use The Same Security Agencies To Harass And Torment Opponents And Critics During Elections. Our Governors I Believe Have A Lot To Do As Chief Security Officers Of Their State.
jcross19:

1 Like

Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by Gext22: 9:35am On Apr 27, 2016
989900B:

1. Safety first: emergency evacuation of the people at that instant (even if it is at 2AM).

2. Deployment of any arm or number of security forces under my control to aid and assist evacuation to a more secured location.

3. Mobilize all able-bodied men to be prepared to defend themselves along with the few number of security officers I have under my control.

[i][/i]
HOW many security officers are under the control of the governor?
Evacuate thousands of people from their own state because of hundreds of foreign criminal herdsmen at 2am? To where exactly? A state that is supposed to be protected by the police.
Your policy is neither practical or even worthy of a governor who is supposed to be in charge.
There is a difference between pragmatism, realism and Cowardice.
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by Gext22: 9:36am On Apr 27, 2016
989900B:

[i][/i]
Evacuate thousands of people from their own state because of hundreds of foreign criminal herdsmen at 2am? To where exactly? A state that is supposed to be protected by the police.
Your policy is neither practical or even worthy of a governor who is supposed to be in charge.
There is a difference between pragmatism, realism, Cowardice and false hope.
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by 989900B: 9:40am On Apr 27, 2016
Gext22:
There is a difference between pragmatism, realism, Cowardice and false hope.

LOL . . . are you saying some 200-500 Fulani terrorist over-ran the whole of Enugu?

I meant evacuate them from that particular village/town to the nearest safe place . . . the Fulanis resident in Enugu are smarter, fearing backlash, safety first, they've all fled town to the barracks for safety (in the same Enugu).

BTW, if the governor does not have enough security men both official and non official to tackle some less than 500 Fulani herdsmen, then he is a joke -- a big one, he could be over-ran as well at will.

2 Likes

Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by ozoemenaca: 9:42am On Apr 27, 2016
Your Ancestors would never forgive you people of Enugu State if you refuse to retaliate this wickedness inflicted on the land by these evil Fulani Herdsmen.
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by 989900B: 9:44am On Apr 27, 2016
tabontabon:
What Bothers Me Is That The Commissioner Of Police And His PPR0 Are Southerners.Moreso,The Governor's Excuse Of No Being In Control Of Security Agencies Is Rubish.
Because They Know How To Use The Same Security Agencies To Harass And Torment Opponents And Critics During Elections. Our Governors I Believe Have A Lot To Do As Chief Security Officers Of Their State.

Thank you.
Re: Police Abandoned Us During Herdsmen Invasion – Enugu Community by Dragonking: 9:48am On Apr 27, 2016
tit:
the barstard Emefiele should donate 10 billion naira to this helpless community!
Your useless governor is crying and requesting for fasting and prayers you are here calling Emefiele..Wetin concern emefiele for this matter??. You Igbo's should start getting ur priorities right and know who to channel ur grievances too

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ministerial Slots: Tinubu May Dump Ex-govs, Prefers Technocrats — Source / Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested / Edun Olabanji Emerges Lagos One-day Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.