Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote (3162 Views)

300Level OAU Pharmacy Student Drowns, Dies Inside Hotel Swimming Pool / 300Level University Of Jos Student Dies (photo) / We ARE In 300level But We Have Not Seen Any Of Our Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by promisechild(m): 9:40am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:
Going to school nowadays are not to get certificate but to defend what you carry. ..in this thread I shall be disscusing some major point not to go to private institutions such as poly or uni.

1) there fee are high that it takes the rich alone to be there or maybe your parents are also having some helpers such younger brothers,sisters,uncle,or any relatives..Compared to federal or state institutions some federal institutions are paying #20,000 as school fee and I trust my self if I keep up with my importation biz I can pay my school fee even without letting my Parent to know.

2)promoting them whether do test or fail a single paper no carry over nothing because they can't pay a very huge amount of money and still fail them is rubbish come and do such in OAU if you're not serious you will go back home

3)not able to defend their result, you cannot expect school that has no competition to know book because when you are busy reading hard in public institutions to maintain your slut in the department you vouch For chai if they bring their overall best from private Institution them no fit defeat you because you spending most of your time reading all ways and not to be rusticated from school private cannot match US... My guys in Angola and awo hostel can testify to it..

4)if you are going to private just know in your heart that your issue of getting employed is base on I sabi person or I go work for papa company because I have seen a situation that a girl has a certificate from one private poly in southwest I will not mention name of the school this girl was dismiss when she can't write a good application letter,i was dissapointed in me because if people are talking about school she will also be talking..and also public certificate are well recognized than private. .it is very hard for private ond student to do direct entry to public institutions even hnd in public institutions is very hard for private to be admitted.

5)they don't do post utme they buy space in the school admission and become there student, by so doing I believe they are dull if you are not dull why not go and compete with your mate In federal poly or uni because the idea of people saying that they was denied admission that was the main reason they went to private but if you know the formula you will not be denied admission and the formula is this you scored 185 in utme and you chose unn or some other mighty schools in Nigeria and still put medicine and surgery as course oga no waste your time and money na come back next year be that but if you change your institution and course plus hardwork in reading it will Surely

Add yours if you agree and quote me wrong if you are a victim of private institution grin

I believe my younger brother in primary 3 can do better than this.

Nairalanders hit or miss?

2 Likes

Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by Reeoman: 9:45am On Apr 27, 2016
confirm

1 Like

Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by biazarre(m): 10:19am On Apr 27, 2016
Mr op na idea we nid jare... atleast d story is gud....

2 Likes

Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by babyfaceafrica: 10:29am On Apr 27, 2016
What makes you think he is a 300 level student of OAU?...what's ur proof?....

3 Likes

Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by emekakelvin(m): 10:50am On Apr 27, 2016
promisechild:

really!! I do know he is a student of oau, (although, this claim has not been verified) but the fact that he made blunders in his sentence construction does not necessary warrant the creation of this thread.

With fact and available info, he attributed the error in his post to health issues. Not everybody can think to a reasonable extent when s/he is down with one sickness or the another.

For emphasis sake, what do you want from the creation of this thread.

2 Likes

Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by nanaman(m): 12:40pm On Apr 27, 2016
emekakelvin:

really!! I do know he is a student of oau, (although, this claim has not been verified) but the fact that he made blunders in his sentence construction does not necessary warrant the creation of this thread.

With fact and available info, he attributed the error in his post to health issues. Not everybody can think to a reasonable extent when s/he is down with one sickness or the another.

If he can't think "reasonably" that means,he was thinking irrationally when he typed that gibberish he posted. I think he should take care of his health issues before thinking,talking or typing because he cannot substantiate what he wrote.

2 Likes

Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by Tbells91(f): 12:47pm On Apr 27, 2016
nanaman:

If he can't think "reasonably" that means,he was thinking irrationally when he typed that gibberish he posted. I think he should take care of his health issues before thinking,talking or typing because he cannot substantiate what he wrote.

Guess you're a product of a private university.. You sound pained!
Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by emekakelvin(m): 1:00pm On Apr 27, 2016
nanaman:

You really have a point. I do agree that his post was irrational and full of biases based on his own experience and exposure, but I cannot deny the fact that some point raised by him are actually true

What I meant by reasonable extent was not the inability to get valid point but the inability to orchestrate one or more sentence(s) couple with the fact that words with similar spellings tend to be confusing at different situation.

phew!! I hate comparison of any type. Left alone for me, I would attend private university if given the opportunity and AUN,yola won't be a bad choice
Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by nanaman(m): 2:35pm On Apr 27, 2016
Tbells91:

Guess you're a product of a private university.. You sound pained!

Pained? Why should I? Am proud of my citadel of learning. My dear,education is not cheap anywhere in the world. It is only Nigeria we clamour for free education which actually exist on paper and not in reality hence the quality of graduates chunned out yearly be it private or public Uni.

1 Like

Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by ItzTun3chi(m): 2:36pm On Apr 27, 2016
promisechild:

you are very stupid for making that statement... you brother in primary 3 can do better undecided
Bleep it... what do you know self?
you think your English is well constructed
well people like you can't make it far in life with comments like these
go to hell... you don't even have proof to support your claims angry
Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by promisechild(m): 2:42pm On Apr 27, 2016
ItzTun3chi:

you are very stupid for making that statement... you brother in primary 3 can do better undecided
Bleep it... what do you know self?
you think your English is well constructed
well people like you can't make it far in life with comments like these
go to hell... you don't even have proof to support your claims angry
comment reserved.
Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by benatex(m): 2:42pm On Apr 27, 2016
see as this dude just fall my hand,I couldn't even read well. Your write up is so irritating
Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by agrovick(m): 2:45pm On Apr 27, 2016
nanaman:

Pained? Why should I? Am proud of my citadel of learning. My dear,education is not cheap anywhere in the world. It is only Nigeria we clamour for free education which actually exist on paper and not in reality hence the quality of graduates chunned out yearly be it private or public Uni.

The bold is as a result of minimum wage being less than 100 dollars monthly.
Govt not using tax to correct infrastructural deficits.
So don't blame Nigerians

1 Like

Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 27, 2016
...as if there are no olodos in federal universities, *yimu*

1 Like

Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by Sard(m): 3:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
That guy can't be defended at all; he's simply a Moro.n..
If he was not feeling fine, he should never have bothered to even create a thread. He is a big embarrassment to his family and total refund of his tuition fees from primary 1 won't be a bad idea.

1 Like

Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by opyzy(m): 3:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
op this topic is totally unnecessary and superfluous.that the guy committed few blunders doesn't mean he doesn't have something upstairs.If English is not our mother tongue why do you expect us to speak/write it without mistakes. abeeegiii undecided
Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by opyzy(m): 4:03pm On Apr 27, 2016
Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by Seeeeeeee: 4:20pm On Apr 27, 2016
Lalasticala hmmm your people don kill English ooo... Carry am go front page small na
Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by dake40(m): 5:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
promisechild:

No intelligent Homo Sapien who is occupied with invaluable task does this.

Real Philosophers don't laugh at others mistakes.

Where is your Philosophy?
Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by calculator123(m): 5:49pm On Apr 27, 2016
even though his spellings were misspelt,he made a valid and salient point.#dont laugh at others
Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by promisechild(m): 6:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
dake40:

No intelligent Homo Sapien who is occupied with invaluable task does this.

Real Philosophers don't laugh at others mistakes.

Where is your Philosophy?
philosophers are meant to be critical and not bias in reasoning. I am being objective out here in showcasing the hubris of the so called private universities pessimist. I did not insult him. I am just being critical.

you supported him because the writer of the nonsense above is from your school if he was from other schools you would have been the first to popularize this. My brother do away with the idol of the tribe or idol of the cave so u can reason genuinely devoid of sentiments.
Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by calculator123(m): 6:48pm On Apr 27, 2016
emekakelvin:

the op won spoil person carreer nah.
Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by calculator123(m): 6:51pm On Apr 27, 2016
promisechild:
comment reserved.
According to your signature,continue.
Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by calculator123(m): 6:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
promisechild:
philosophers are meant to be critical and not bias in reasoning. I am being objective out here in showcasing the hubris of the so called private universities pessimist. I did not insult him. I am just being critical.

you supported him because the writer of the nonsense above is from your school if he was from other schools you would have been the first to popularize this. My brother do away with the idol of the tribe or idol of the cave so u can reason genuinely devoid of sentiments.
learn to look at the POSITIVE not the NEGATIVE. he might had made errors(who doesn't ),but some of his points are valid.why didn't u speak of that?
Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by calculator123(m): 7:00pm On Apr 27, 2016
opyzy:
op this topic is totally unnecessary and superfluous.that the guy committed few blunders doesn't mean he doesn't have something upstairs.If English is not our mother tongue why do you expect us to speak/write it without mistakes. abeeegiii undecided
Thank you.op what is the essence of this thread?
Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by chantman: 7:57pm On Apr 27, 2016
hmmmmmm booking space
Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by Tbells91(f): 8:19pm On Apr 27, 2016
nanaman:

Yeah right!
Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by MisterDreamz(m): 8:42pm On Apr 27, 2016
Nigeria is backward; her students (supposed future leaders) are even far backward(mentally).

Why should there be useless comparison between private and public institutions?
Both private and public institution students of Nigeria what have you contributed to your world?
Now I know why some of the intelligent people quit school meanwhile they still learn on their own,carve their niches,make what the world can't but buy and prosper (Mark,Steve Job etc.)...they probably discovered their supposed learning in institutions was just a name for ceremonious school "activities"(The ceremonious school activity fits for Nigerian Universities). Mark's(the fb guy) resolution last year was " A year of books".
It scares me Nigeria ain't getting any close to the world standard.
You won't even see Ivy league students bad mouthing other schools or students.
It's some mushroom Nigerian students that will be ranting on stupid things against themselves.

Nairaland technology section is poo self!

Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by dake40(m): 7:37am On Apr 28, 2016
promisechild:

Bros, you just showed You haven't studied Philosophy.

Jumping to conclusion without Empirical or rational evidence.

Please, go back to your Epistemology
and Logic. Its apparent you are lacking behind.

This is a criticism just like the one who claimed you have against the writer.
Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 28, 2016
The university have very little to do with the way you write or construct your sentences
A lot of shaping is done in Nursery and primary school..
If you have a very sound educational foundation, even without attending a university, you will be able to read and write fluently...

I know of a graduate from a foreign university, his is and was is a blunder that's cos he attended craze people primary school
Re: See What A 300level Student Of OAU Wrote by Fynestboi: 10:46am On Apr 28, 2016

(1)

Two Queen’s College Girls Die After Eating Spaghetti, School Shut Down. Photos / Student Spotted Carrying Plastic Chair To School In Delta State (photos) / Akanu Ibiam Fed. Poly Unwana,afikpo Ebonyi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.