Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland - Career (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland (82038 Views)

24 Federal Permanent Secretaries For Sack - TheEagleOnline / Why Do Most Female Secretaries Sleep With Their Bosses? / Icsan - Institute Of Chartered Secretaries And Administrators. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 10:13am On Mar 17, 2011
Thats good.  some people dont know these little things that matters in handling mails!

Me think, they shd be concerned with work processes and systems, and not so concerned with the physical envrionment (that matters shaa)

I suggest you:

1.  decorate your office with flowers, buy a small desktop flower pot with flowers.
2.  Write your personal objective for the coy in relation to the corporate objective of the coy, frame and hang it conspicuously in your office.
3. mmhhhhhh (thinking),
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Smartrizz: 3:52pm On Mar 17, 2011
Honestly I like this forum, I bookmark the page, have been reading the post for some days now, I really enjoyed all the posts.

Am a female secretary with OND qualification but will soon round up my B.Sc program in Business Admin by His Grace.

Thou the job/profession is not an easy one, but with determination and knowing your goal , you will consider all the challenges as the process of building up your carrier.

I add the following to make my work easy for me, no matter how difficult my boss might be;

1. Reminding him of his appointment: I do this by writing it on a note
pad and place on his table where he can see it as soon as he sit, I
don’t need to be telling him verbally cos he might forget, writing it he
come across the paper every minute.

2. Food: Immediately is 12:45pm, i go to him and asked ''Pls. Sir what do you care for
lunch?” and I will go and buy the food at any eatery of his choice.

3. Fruits: Every morning, when bringing out his beverages, I also add one apple, which he
Enjoys, if I forgot to serve him fruit he will be the one to remind me.

4. I don’t let customer bud him even when he is in the office, except the person is on appointment, when discussing with some of the visitors you find out that they come to submit business proposal/CV, I don’t let them see him except with a special note, I will handle the customer by telling them how things are being done in the org. or I refer them to the person in charge of what their org does, they usually leave with satisfaction, some will ask for your card I don’t give out my call card to vendors cos, some will be budding you with calls, or trying manipulate you, I will simile and tell him/her there is no need to follow up your proposal will be dealt with.

5. Closing: When I started working with him newly he doesn’t like me closing before him, so I observed that and wait for him to go before I close, at a point when I observed he is getting free with me, if I want to go I will go to him and asked with a smile/politely ‘’ pls. sir can I go with a staff bus”? he will say ‘’you can go’’ if he is in a meeting or on phone I will write it on a note pad and drop for him or out of the office I text him.

6. I resume before him and make sure the office is ready before he resumes, if he met me cleaning the office I will apologize for my lateness which he understands, thou this does not happen often, once in a long while.

7. I always put smile on my face, even when faced with some challenges.

ETC
My boss is a perfectionist I try my best to impress him and prove to him I can deliver.

1 Like

Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by rosemama: 4:02pm On Mar 17, 2011
MyPeace:

Thank you for your contribution.  You really said my mind.
That you are doing something doesnot mean everybody is doing it.  I have a good friend that married at 29yrs as a virgin!  We dont have to follow multitude to do evil.  Life is all about choice, you have a choice to climb the coporate lader with your womanliness or to climb with hardwork, dedication and determination.  Its all depends on you.  Life is what you make out of it.  If you believe that your life depends on a single boss or a company, thats up to you!  Many people are looking for job and many are selecting jobs!  Be the best you can, and no boss can hold you down!  If it doesn't work out fine in company A, company B will be there to receive u with open arms, because of your intellectual endowment and not because of womanly endowment.  Educate urself as much as you can, then job will be running after you and not you after jobs!

You are just deceiving yourself. Your friend told you she was a virgin before she got married and you believed her. peace wake up my dear. Trust yourself don’t trust anybody. Virgin ko virgin ni. Why are you using your friend as an example, why not yourself.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by PRD(m): 11:51pm On Mar 17, 2011
Isn't this interesting,

@Rosemama, why getting wound up on the fact that one is a virgin till marriage @29.

I have known my three years before we started courting and we courted for 2years.
We got married when she was 29 and I can boldly confirm to you she was a virgin until marriage.
Sadly I wasn't one, but I still adore that virtue of hers.

I know how you feel anyway, but it really shouldn't be the reason to disbelief, disdain or disapprove virginity till marriage.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 8:55am On Mar 18, 2011
rosemama:

You are just deceiving yourself. Your friend told you she was a virgin before she got married and you believed her. peace wake up my dear. Trust yourself don’t trust anybody. Virgin ko virgin ni. Why are you using your friend as an example, why not yourself.

We are actually not discussing virginity in this forum, l used it  to buttress my point.  To answer your question, l used her as an example because l was not one at that time, despite the fact that l was younger in age then.  So the fact that l wasnt, doesnt mean  everybody was not, there are still some people who have decided to be different in every challenges of life.    that  99 persons are sleeping with their bosses, doesnt mean there is no one person thats not doing it!  Get my point!!

PRD:

Isn't this interesting,

@Rosemama, why getting wound up on the fact that one is a virgin till marriage @29.

I have known my three years before we started courting and we courted for 2years.
We got married when she was 29 and I can boldly confirm to you she was a virgin until marriage.
Sadly I wasn't one, but I still adore that virtue of hers.

I know how you feel anyway, but it really shouldn't be the reason to disbelief, disdain or disapprove virginity till marriage.

my brother tell her oo.  Nigeria still have decent girls!
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by juliebest(f): 10:41am On Mar 20, 2011
I'm so glad to find this part of Nairaland. I must confess it've been a blessing to me, I gained more experience in my job. I'm a secretary. I'll be contributing later but I want to go though the whole thread so I don't miss any important piece of info. Thanks Mypeace, Teena and everybody who's been contributing.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by mummy3(f): 3:58pm On Mar 21, 2011
ericok:

One thing I have discovered in life is that most people equate themselves with others.  Mummy3 for the fact that you are sleeping with your boss does not mean that every other person is doing it.  Secretaries are professionals who know how to handle situations diplomatically without causing frictions.  This does not mean that we do not have bad eggs among them.

I pity you (awon secretaries). you people are just trying to console yourself. madam keep on deceiving your self. I know you and i know what you've been doing with your oga. you better put your head inside like snail-o. else else else else angry
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Smartrizz: 1:40pm On Mar 22, 2011
mummy3:

I pity you (awon secretaries). you people are just trying to console yourself. madam keep on deceiving your self. I know you and i know what you've been doing with your oga. you better put your head inside like snail-o. else else else else angry

Don’t assume that every secretary sleeps with his/her boss, thou that’s people’s assumption, it doesn’t work that way, if you have the fear of God in you, you won’t try doing it. There are still good ones among us.

It depends on the secretary and her boss, (he could be a devoted pastor, or you Evg.).
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by mission08: 9:29pm On Mar 22, 2011
mummy3:

It never ceases to amaze me when people talk with such ignorance. That you have fallen by the way side doesnt mean that others will follow suit. It's a pity that you are not really exposed to the functions of a PA/Secretary or at best your understanding is lopsided and biased. You need to change your mind set if you belong to this profession cos u wont go too far.

If you are interested in knowing what a PA/Secretary does, come to my office for a couple of days and then decide if sleeping with your boss is the answer. I bet with your IQ, u will develop migraine immediately. Anyway, we can do without your type grin grin grin
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by mummy3(f): 10:54am On Mar 23, 2011
mission08:

It never ceases to amaze me when people talk with such ignorance. That you have fallen by the way side doesnt mean that others will follow suit. It's a pity that you are not really exposed to the functions of a PA/Secretary or at best your understanding is lopsided and biased. You need to change your mind set if you belong to this profession cos u wont go too far.

If you are interested in knowing what a PA/Secretary does, come to my office for a couple of days and then decide if sleeping with your boss is the answer. I bet with your IQ, u will develop migraine immediately. Anyway, we can do without your type grin grin grin

How can you say i should come to your office so that you will teach me how to seduce my boss. you see, it's people like you i have been lamenting about sleeping with their boss. God go expose you oneday.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by mummy3(f): 10:58am On Mar 23, 2011
Smartrizz:

Don’t  assume that every secretary  sleeps with his/her boss, thou that’s people’s assumption, it doesn’t work that way, if you have the fear of God in you, you won’t try doing it. There are still good ones among us.

It depends on the secretary and her boss, (he could be a devoted pastor, or you Evg.).

Agreed with you jare.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by ufobabe(f): 10:36am On Mar 29, 2011
Secretaries, what do u do when u resume work till u close? I hate to be bored.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 29, 2011
Please house who knows anything about this coy AA Group located at lekki? Am one of u oooooo grin grin grin grin cos am a PA/Secretary but i hv been invited for chat in dir coy.
I have an interview wit them ds week. I want to know wot dir salary structure is like and wot to expect from the coy?
Thank you
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by abiolapaul: 1:42pm On Apr 04, 2011
Are you a PROFESSIONAL MARKETER?
Can you market MEDICAL SERVICES TO BOTH CO-OPERATE AND INDIVIDUALS
If YES! cal:07041813292
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Graphical(f): 10:40pm On Apr 05, 2011
^^^ I beg, lets restrict this thread to Personal Assistant / Secretary.

Dailies is filled up with sales and marketing jobs. Nairaland job section same. Please leave this one for us abeg.

No offence meant. It's just an observation.

Merci.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by ivankolof: 3:02pm On Apr 11, 2011
A leading Financial  organization is in need of Personal Assistance (P.A) for one of its top Executives.     

The candidate must have:

A first degree from a reputable university

Minimum of four (4) years work experience.

Excellent working knowledge of MS office software systems including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Access is an added advantage).

Ability to work in a confidential manner.

Maturity and professionalism.

Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.

Excellent interpersonal skills.

Excellent verbal and written communication skills.

Excellent organizational and planning skills.

Ability to work with people at various levels.

Application letter and CV be sent to: info@hcdclimited.com or m.aiygbeni@hcdclimited.com or i.oyewole@hcdclimited.com.

Please treat as urgent as possible.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by ufobabe(f): 8:23pm On Apr 23, 2011
To the full house please, what are your human resource management ( H.R.M) Policies are like? Pls if u cant state it here, send me a mail
thanks
mabeltruelove4all@yahoo.com
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by FunmyKemmy(f): 2:03pm On May 03, 2011
Thanks for your post ivankolof

I have applied and I am hoping for the best.

@ all,

Let us revive the thread and also keep one another posted of job openings in our various organisations.

Thank you.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by nasirtofa: 3:00pm On Jun 06, 2011
I still find it difficult to believe that some secretaries are sleeping with their boss and coming out in public to confess.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by joanana(f): 6:47pm On Jul 04, 2011
Please i need your help. i want to write ICSAN in December diet. please i need to know the total amount required. right now m confuse n have been to the website , still cant understand it. i m presently working as a Secretary n i want to be chartered. please if u know anything or have  written the exams before, please i need your assistance. thank you. m a graduate of mass communication thanx again
smiley
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by davidobire(m): 12:16pm On Nov 24, 2011
Dear Colleagues,

I joined the forum not too long ago and I used to enjoy every comments and advise given. I have been working in a law firm for up to eight years now moving from being a Training Legal Secretary to being the PA/Secretary to the Head of Chambers/Senior Partner.

I need a change of job in the same or similar post.

I would appreciate any opportunities/information in that regard. I can be contacted directly through my email: davidobire@yahoo.com or my GSM: 08023527993.

Thank you guys for making us proud.

Cheers.

David.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by yamakuza: 12:22am On Jan 25, 2012
Happy New Year!

Where is everyone?

Please come and mark register.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by udoka2: 8:50am On Jan 27, 2012
yamakuza:

Happy New Year!

Where is everyone?

Please come and mark register.

Most of the regular posters have now moved on, e.g Mypeace is now a human resource Practitioner.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by yamakuza: 9:29am On Jan 27, 2012
udoka2:

Most of the regular posters have now moved on, e.g Mypeace is now a human resource Practitioner.

aaaw! I guess thats good news.

Thanks 4d info!
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by moHot(f): 11:40pm On Feb 07, 2012
WHERE IS EVERYONE,,MYPEACE TEENA,BEAU ETC THOSE INTELLIGENT WOMEN, AWW I MISS Y'ALL
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Ojurere(m): 1:35pm On Feb 09, 2012
My good people, i sincerely apologise for the quietness in the past few months. Lots of things have happened and are still happening.

After speaking with our coordinator (Mypeace), we have agreed that we shall revive the forum. Like Udoka 2 rightly stated, Mypeace has moved on to a higher reponsibilities in Human Resources and I moved into Human Resources but moving on also into another position that is demanding.

We have resolved also that we shall advise all PA/ Secretaries on their rights on the job and why they must read the company handbook and appointment letters before signing acknowledgement.

Good people, time would not permit me to say so much, but am sure we can hook up again from where we left.

Incase you need to speak with me kindly send a mail to taiwofunbi@yahoo.com

Thank you.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Angelmart(f): 2:08pm On Feb 09, 2012
Ojurere,
Welcome back and congratulation on your new job and position. The forum needs you guys, I hope you will come back as promised.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Ojurere(m): 12:37pm On Feb 15, 2012
Like i promised, i said i shall be back. Incase anyone has an interview please do not hesistate to contact me or mypeace.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 1:45pm On Feb 15, 2012
Hellooooooooooooooooo

Ok, how do we revive this thread? Many of us have really moved on. l miss everybody, anybody heard of Teena and Beau?
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Angelmart(f): 4:27pm On Feb 16, 2012
MyPeace and Ojurere, welcome back.

Happy Val in arrears to U all.

Pls I want to know if it's advisable and professional to enter a meeting with recording gadget especially where the meeting will last for long like 3-4hrs and you are the one taking minutes among your boss and his colleagues.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Ojurere(m): 1:26pm On Mar 01, 2012
It is wrong to enter a meeting with a recording device, but if you ask for permisson and you are granted no doubt. Most times people do not want to be quoted "Voice" wise.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by mission08: 5:12pm On Mar 05, 2012
^^^
Why, is it unethical? cos i didnt have that infor b4. There are some technical meetings that the secretariat cannot but record. Moreso, isn't it funny to announce to all participants that a meeting is being recorded? I guess the best bet is for people to watch what they say at meetings and avoid utterances they don't want anybody to quote.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Salary Ranges Of University Lecturers In Nigeria? / Average Salary For A Lawyer In A Law Firm In Nigeria / Salary Structures In Nigeria And Their Full Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.