Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 (14458 Views)

Ekweremadu To Buhari: Act Like Jonathan… Concede If You Lose In 2019 / Senators Who Followed Saraki And Ekweremadu To Court Today (photos) / Customs To Use N285/$ For Duty From June 1 – Businessday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by ckmayoca: 12:55pm On Apr 27, 2016
The case instituted against Senate President, Bukola Saraki and his Deputy, Ike Ekweremadu, challenging their election as principal officers of the Senate has again being adjourned to June 1.

The Federal High Court hearing the case in Abuja was forced to adjourn the case following the absence of four out of the six defendants in the matter.

At the resumed hearing on Wednesday, Justice Stephen Chukwu adjourned the case following information that the four defendants were not served with hearing notice by the court bailiff.

Counsel to the plaintiff, Mr Mamman Osuman (SAN) told Chukwu that counsel to Ekweremadu, Mr Patrick Ikweto, could not be located for the notice to be served on him.

Osuman further told the court that findings by his legal team and from the court bailiff indicated that Ikweto had relocated from his chambers in Wuse to an unknown destination.

He said that although the court required counsel relocating office to notify courts where he had cases, Ikweto had not done so.

Mamman, however, claimed that Ikweto might have been unable to inform the court due to an oversight.

He appealed to the judge for an adjournment to enable the defendants be served with fresh hearing notices.

The judge subsequently adjourned the matter to June 1 and ordered that fresh hearing notices be served on all parties.

Justice Chukwu warned that whether the defendants were in court or not on the adjourned date, the hearing would definitely go on.

Sen. Abu Ibrahim, and four others had filed a suit claiming that the Senate standing orders used for the election of Saraki and Ekweremadu had been forged and so the election should be nullified.

They prayed the court for an order to stop them from parading themselves as leaders of the Senate and that senators should be barred from recognizing them as principal officers.

However, Saraki, in his defence said that he was returned unopposed as there was no election and no one contested the position with him.

He said that the five senators had no locus standi to come to court because there were 109 senators and the decision of only five could not override the decision of 104 others.

He added that they brought the case to court in their individual capacity and not on behalf of the Senate.

The defence added that they had not told the court what they had lost by that election since they never claimed in their suit that they had aspired to any of the positions.

The defence prayed the court to dismiss the case for lack of merit as well as non disclosure of cause of action.

http://m.guardian.ng/news/court-adjourns-forgery-case-against-saraki-ekweremadu-to-june-1/

1 Like

Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by jlinkd78(m): 12:56pm On Apr 27, 2016
Is dia no phone number in d custody of d courts in order to contact d legal counsel?. I smell a rat in all these.

2 Likes

Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by cindybella101(f): 1:01pm On Apr 27, 2016

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by aare07(m): 1:02pm On Apr 27, 2016
Saraki: most popular politician

#istandwithjustice.

3 Likes

Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by jlinkd78(m): 1:03pm On Apr 27, 2016
[quote author=cindybella101 post=45088744][/quote]space booking to beat Husain Bolts like u. Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by cindybella101(f): 2:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
jlinkd78:
space booking to beat Husain Bolts like u. Sorry.
grin grin
I don't do such dear.
Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by Businessideas: 2:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
That excuse by Senator Saraki is not denying that the document was forged and it just technically nailed his Vice(Sen. Ekweremadu). But he forgot that the exercise and subsequent swearing him in as a Senate President derives its authority from that "forged " rule.Or was he not sworn in too? undecided
If he loses this case, he will not even be constitutionally recognized as ex-Senate president .

5 Likes

Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by TANTUMERGO007(m): 4:18pm On Apr 27, 2016
Lies from the pit of DAURA shocked

2 Likes

Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by Riversides2003(m): 4:18pm On Apr 27, 2016
If people like Amaechi, Fashola,Atiku,Tinubu,and even Obasanjo became saints all of a sudden despite provable allegations against them,they are free and even celebrated just because they belong to a particular ruling class, I wonder why the treat and forceful removal plans of these two guys just because they have issues with a particular set or group of people, this is real persecution and not prosecution.Suddenly they knew Saraki did not declear his assets correctly after more than 8 years, but when he forced his way out of PDP these were people praising and chanting his name, it's a lesson to him though and others that there is no permanent friends in politics.He amongst them that is not guilty should use swear with his family to go the way of Late Bar Ocholi. I weep for my dear country

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by terrysung: 4:18pm On Apr 27, 2016
Sarakis misery just keeps piling up

1 Like

Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by riczy(m): 4:19pm On Apr 27, 2016
They should keep adjourning DTS how his term as SP will end.Naija I hail oo

2 Likes

Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by adekayo1234(m): 4:19pm On Apr 27, 2016
Tale of the two thieving sinators part 2
Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 27, 2016
Every time, adjournment!
Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by Pavarottii(m): 4:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
HOW IS THIS SUPPOSE TO PUT FOOD ON MY TABLE. Buhari should focus on the economy, security, power , oil & gas sector and unemployment. If u guys are not tired of hearing court, trial, sentence, adjournment, jail, counsel, SAN, these one stole dis and dat money and nothing has been recovered since. Me I don tire ooo. I couldn't pay for things I ordered from my cousin in UK cos it was 41k wen I ordered, now is telling me everything will cost me 84k now. Which kain life be dis. sad

Budget never pass. These ones wants to distract us.

Good riddance.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by Onu55: 4:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
ckmayoca:
The case instituted against Senate President, Bukola Saraki and his Deputy, Ike Ekweremadu, challenging their election as principal officers of the Senate has again being adjourned to June 1.

The Federal High Court hearing the case in Abuja was forced to adjourn the case following the absence of four out of the six defendants in the matter.

At the resumed hearing on Wednesday, Justice Stephen Chukwu adjourned the case following information that the four defendants were not served with hearing notice by the court bailiff.

Counsel to the plaintiff, Mr Mamman Osuman (SAN) told Chukwu that counsel to Ekweremadu, Mr Patrick Ikweto, could not be located for the notice to be served on him.

Osuman further told the court that findings by his legal team and from the court bailiff indicated that Ikweto had relocated from his chambers in Wuse to an unknown destination.

He said that although the court required counsel relocating office to notify courts where he had cases, Ikweto had not done so.

Mamman, however, claimed that Ikweto might have been unable to inform the court due to an oversight.

He appealed to the judge for an adjournment to enable the defendants be served with fresh hearing notices.

The judge subsequently adjourned the matter to June 1 and ordered that fresh hearing notices be served on all parties.

Justice Chukwu warned that whether the defendants were in court or not on the adjourned date, the hearing would definitely go on.

Sen. Abu Ibrahim, and four others had filed a suit claiming that the Senate standing orders used for the election of Saraki and Ekweremadu had been forged and so the election should be nullified.

They prayed the court for an order to stop them from parading themselves as leaders of the Senate and that senators should be barred from recognizing them as principal officers.

However, Saraki, in his defence said that he was returned unopposed as there was no election and no one contested the position with him.

He said that the five senators had no locus standi to come to court because there were 109 senators and the decision of only five could not override the decision of 104 others.

He added that they brought the case to court in their individual capacity and not on behalf of the Senate.

The defence added that they had not told the court what they had lost by that election since they never claimed in their suit that they had aspired to any of the positions.

The defence prayed the court to dismiss the case for lack of merit as well as non disclosure of cause of action.

http://m.guardian.ng/news/court-adjourns-forgery-case-against-saraki-ekweremadu-to-june-1/

Na wa o
Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by Josegun(m): 4:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
I like their way of taking them one after the other.
Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by Massdamm(m): 4:23pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hahaha CCT don turn to manchester united..
Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2016
Waiting for Saraki's case to be determined,then if Ike edges closer to being the Senate President,this case starts in earnest.House of cats-

5 Likes

Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by wink2015(m): 4:26pm On Apr 27, 2016
[size=18pt]Ibo people " what is the meaning of Ekweremadu"

So Ekweremadu done involve. He forge yam with Saraki[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by Onu55: 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2016
As the the court pleases
Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by givemetoto(m): 4:28pm On Apr 27, 2016
Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by Hillzy(m): 4:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
Ike ekweremadu dey are just keeping u posted dat u have a pendding case in court, cos saratiff will definitely not see end of may as d SP n if long throat do u say u want SP position, then u will know wat truely witch hunting means

2 Likes

Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by olamds(m): 4:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
One Day We Go Have The Final Judgment Over These Cases.......Just A matter Of Time.....
Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by donsteady(m): 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2016
Case done die.

1 Like

Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by ricsman(m): 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2016
this case is actually to have something to nail the DSP to. Guess that of the SP is climaxing hence the remembrance of this case..... reason for weak information

2 Likes

Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by Hillzy(m): 4:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
Riversides2003:
If people like Amaechi, Fashola,Atiku,Tinubu,and even Obasanjo became saints all of a sudden despite provable allegations against them,they are free and even celebrated just because they belong to a particular ruling class, I wonder why the treat and forceful removal plans of these two guys just because they have issues with a particular set or group of people, this is real persecution and not prosecution.Suddenly they knew Saraki did not declear his assets correctly after more than 8 years, but when he forced his way out of PDP these were people praising and chanting his name, it's a lesson to him though and others that there is no permanent friends in politics.He amongst them that is not guilty should use swear with his family to go the way of Late Bar Ocholi. I weep for my dear country

Oga wat are u saying, all this names u mention are dey in d in d senate?
Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by Hillzy(m): 4:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
Co
wink2015:
[size=18pt]Ibo people " what is the meaning of Ekweremadu"
[/size]

D meaning of Ike is silent n Ekweremadu is criminal, put dem togeda will get SILENT CRIMINAL

1 Like

Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by Nairadays: 4:34pm On Apr 27, 2016
FHC na Adjournment Galore.

Adjourn to move motion, adjourn to file motion, adjourn to hear motion, adjourn to file evidence, adjourn to tender exhibit, adjourn for admissibility of witness evidence, adjournment to hear eligibility of tribunal, adjournment for tribunal jurisdiction ... sad

If na poor man, na one sitting; to re echo our President: "Judiciary, my main headache in anti-graft war".

No wonder Communism is an enemy of democracy.
Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by Pidggin(f): 4:35pm On Apr 27, 2016
grin
Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by MadCow1: 4:37pm On Apr 27, 2016
grin
Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by wellmax(m): 4:40pm On Apr 27, 2016
Riversides2003:

How has the trash you put up here change the FACT that Saraki and Ekweremadu changed/forged the Senate rules to emerge SP and DSP?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Adjourns Forgery Case Against Saraki, Ekweremadu To June 1 by sympoto(f): 4:41pm On Apr 27, 2016
Lobatan

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC To Lagos4Lagos Group: Saraki Is An Expired Political Godfather / PDP To Sanction Wike, Makinde, Other Aggrieved Govs After Polls / Kano: Appeal Court Asks Lawyers To Return Certified Copy For Correction - Odinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.