Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,711 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

The US Might Still Be Right About Nigeria's Disintegration. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The US Might Still Be Right About Nigeria's Disintegration. (893 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Might Be Right: Compare And Contrast Between New And Old Buhari / Why Are Yorubas The ONLY Tribe Incensed About Nigeria Disintegration? / Breaking News : Its Either Peaceful Disintegration Or War - ILM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The US Might Still Be Right About Nigeria's Disintegration. by mekaboy(m): 1:27pm On Apr 27, 2016
When the US predicted Nigeria's disintegration, we all thought it will be as a result of the violence that will follow the 2015 elections. But the elections are over and thank God there was no bloodshed due to the courageous decision of GEJ to hand over peacefully.

But I still see a possibility of that under this present administration.

3 major things that will lead to this disintegration

Oil price:- As oil price drops and affects the economy, Buhari has stubbornly refused to devalue and attract investors.
He has said he wants diversification away from oil and set aside a huge some in search of oil in lake Chad. Instead of channeling the resources to agriculture, manufacturing and technology, he is investing in search of oil in/for the north.

He also will not allow each region to develop on their own. Rather he wants every region to submit to the center who will now take their sweat to fund whatever the center decides in favour of whoever.

This is a tough time, this is a season of economic war, nobody wants to carry any bodies burden on their back while running.

This pictures the saying "monkey dey work, baboon dey chop" .

Some regions have to be made to work hard like a horse while the other region rides on their back .

Niger Delta: - This anti corruption fight focused on the recovery of stolen funds from the PDP. We have been told how much was stolen by PDP to fund elections but no details on how APC elections were funded. Issues of a governor of lagos state spending 78million to build a personal website or blog was swept under the carpet. In the western world such offence would not just get him jail terms but stop him from holding any political office. But here in Nigeria, all it took to end the case was for the former governor to say "I never signed a cheque " and he became minister. I won't talk about the millions spent by a state governor to host an indivuals birthday while residents of the state suffer. Should I talk about abandoned projects that gulped billions. That's a story for another day.

So the saint buhari is chasing after jonathan's men with the hope of getting to the main man for abusing his office. allowing corruption to thrive under him. I once read a story that Saint Buhari at one time instructed that the luggage of his relative or in law should not be searched. If t was carrying drugs or the same foriegn currency for which fela anikolakpo kuti was jailed I don't know. Jonathan and PDP misused the money recovered from saint abacha who never stole according to Buhari.

How does this relate to Niger delta? Chasing after GEJ with one hand and chasing the Niger delta militancy with the other hand could lead to an explosion.

Just like I said above, "monkey dey work baboon dey chop".

Fulani Herdsmen :- Buhari will not allow every region to develop on their own, with their resources. This I see as slavery, where a part of Nigeria is riding on the back of another part like a horse and a rider. If every region was allowed to develop with their resources, I don't think the issue of BokoHaram would have gotten this bad. But because everyone has to suck from the center people will sit and watch their youth destroy and entire region, knowing that the center will provide the resources from the sweat of other regions to rebuild what was destroyed.

The fact that a part of Nigeria has become the horse and another part has become the rider is not sad enough. The rider now decides to flog the horse mercilessly with terrorism (fulani herdsmen etc).

Now the horse is not just suffering the drainage it's resources that is used by the rider, it will also have to suffer the physical abuse from the rider.

Countries in the western word place more value on their citizens than natural resources. Because they knw the greatest resource is in their people. The reverse is the case in Nigeria. We value cows and cattle more than humans. We value oil more than the people. This is why the president is quick to threaten Niger delta Militants over oil and turn a blind eye to fulani herdsmen wiping out entire villages.

Today we are running to go and borrow to fund out budget. Those countries we r going to borrow from, if they allowed fulani herdsmen or other terror groups to devour their people, where will they have money to lend?

When 1 fulani herdsman is killed, our security agencies become more sophisticated than FBI, CIA and interpol.

They find the dead body and tell you who is responsible for their death. They r quick to surround and arrest 76 farmers that attempt to resist the herdsmen but are not able to prevent an attack by herdsmen even after all relevant information was provided prior to the attack.

Money is set aside from the center to handle the effect of BokoHaram, but who will rebuild agatu and the Enugu community? Who pays the farmers for damages caused on their farms?

This horse has been carrying the abusive master for so long it's resources has been drained over the years, I am not sure it will be able to handle the physical abuse that has been introduced by this rider recently.

I don't knw how long it will endure, but I am sure there could be a reaction/resistance sooner than expected.
Re: The US Might Still Be Right About Nigeria's Disintegration. by MirabelArode(f): 1:45pm On Apr 27, 2016
But wait ooo. If nigerians sit down like normal humans and disintegrates the country peacefully will heaven fall ontop of the earth. Why do black people make simple things difficult?

Someone say I'm fed up with a union, you pick a gun because you think you have access to ammunition and he doesn't. Why can't you just go peacefully? Is it written in the bible or quoran that nigeria must exist?

enlightenedmind please make me understand.

1 Like

Re: The US Might Still Be Right About Nigeria's Disintegration. by mekaboy(m): 1:51pm On Apr 27, 2016
A national conference was held to discuss how best we can live together. This govt came in and disregarded the report.

We are watching
Re: The US Might Still Be Right About Nigeria's Disintegration. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 27, 2016
MirabelArode:
But wait ooo. If nigerians sit down like normal humans and disintegrates the country peacefully will heaven fall ontop of the earth. Why do black people make simple things difficult?

Someone say I'm fed up with a union, you pick a gun because you think you have access to ammunition and he doesn't. Why can't you just go peacefully? It is written in the bible or quoran that nigeria must exist?

Africans only reason on the internet owned by the white. We don't think deep.

2 Likes

Re: The US Might Still Be Right About Nigeria's Disintegration. by mekaboy(m): 4:03pm On May 06, 2016
Buhari should act on these points.
Re: The US Might Still Be Right About Nigeria's Disintegration. by babyfaceafrica: 4:22pm On May 06, 2016
So?...next!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The US Might Still Be Right About Nigeria's Disintegration. by mekaboy(m): 4:49pm On May 06, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
So?...next!!!!!!

Next more pipeline explosion, more fulani killing and reprisals, More economic hardship and finally disintegration.
Re: The US Might Still Be Right About Nigeria's Disintegration. by victorvezx(m): 5:02pm On May 06, 2016
MirabelArode:

Someone say I'm fed up with a union, you pick a gun because you think you have access to ammunition and he doesn't. Why can't you just go peacefully? Is it written in the bible or quoran that nigeria must exist?

Mumu, where in the world has people in a country decide of completely break up the country. if its was that easy, china would have allowed Taiwon, hong Kong, Tibet go. in ur mind, u want Nigeria to be the first country to do it. idiot, unpatriotic element, I know u an Ipob supporter.
Re: The US Might Still Be Right About Nigeria's Disintegration. by babyfaceafrica: 6:01pm On May 06, 2016
mekaboy:

Next more pipeline explosion, more fulani killing and reprisals, More economic hardship and finally disintegration.
okay..are you now hapy

(1) (Reply)

Take It Or Leave It, Buhari Has Nothing To Offer / Igbo Presidency: 40 Years In The Wilderness / Wisdom Of Igbo Mothers: How They Routed Fulani Herdsmen- Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.