Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Wisdom Of Igbo Mothers: How They Routed Fulani Herdsmen- Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wisdom Of Igbo Mothers: How They Routed Fulani Herdsmen- Vanguard (893 Views)

How A President Was Routed In London / Boko Haram ‘Routed’ But Govt Continues Starving North-easterners To Death / Ekiti Assembly Prescribes 6 Months Jail Term For Herdsmen- Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wisdom Of Igbo Mothers: How They Routed Fulani Herdsmen- Vanguard by Yorubasgreat(f): 10:03am On May 04, 2016
Fulani herdsmen met there waterloo in Ihiagwa and Nekede, both in Imo State when some women decided to stand up against the AK47 wielding Fulani Herdsmen.

The activities of Fulani herders had become so unbearable in the immediate environs sourounding Nekede, Ihiagwa and Federal University of Technology, Owerri. The herders freely moved their cattles into farms destroying as they trotted along.

The women in these two communities couldn’t stand the combat ready Fulani herdsmen. They convened a meeting and brainstormed a way forward. The women had no gun, knife or any weapon that could match that of the Fulani marauders. Then out of the blues, one genius idea dropped into their mind.

Women understand that grazing animals cannot stand the smell or hotness of chili hot pepper. The women decided to try out their genius idea. They decided they were going to spread red-hot-dried chili pepper around their farmlands and see the outcome. They tasked themselves asking every woman in the community to donate one 1 derica cup of grounded pepper each.

They assembled a huge weight of pepper, organized themselves in groups and embarked on a night crawling job. They spread the pepper across all farms in their area and waited. The next day, the marauders came as usual with their cows. But this time around, they noticed something was wrong with their cows. Within 30 minutes of invasion, their cows started lowing and running amok.

15 cows died! The Fulani Herdsmen fled and sanity returned to Ihiagwa and Nekede. Imagine what this would mean if Benue, Taraba, Enugu, Delta, Imo, Abia, Anambara and other States embark on this novel idea. Imagine what would happen if these States boycott taking on these Marauders headlong.

Meanwhile, the Chairman, Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association in Jos, Mr. Nuru Abdullahi, said it’s the constitutional right of Fulani herdsmen to move freely in Nigeria movement.

Abdullahi said, “The Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria guarantees freedom of movement for every citizen of the country; this includes the right to live, work and carry out any legitimate activity in any part of the country. If and when you breach this freedom, then, the law should deal with you. So, asking anybody not to go to any part of the country is unconstitutional.”

Re: Wisdom Of Igbo Mothers: How They Routed Fulani Herdsmen- Vanguard by Yorubasgreat(f): 10:03am On May 04, 2016
Igbos are intelligent and that is one of their major problem in Nigeria..

Nigeria hates intelligent people.. Why?

Imagine a story of how they humiliated a First Class Lagos graduate at one time.. (I can't remember clearly )
Re: Wisdom Of Igbo Mothers: How They Routed Fulani Herdsmen- Vanguard by zico530(m): 10:04am On May 04, 2016
They tried. Didn't read it. Anyway, let's clap for them.
Re: Wisdom Of Igbo Mothers: How They Routed Fulani Herdsmen- Vanguard by LoveMachine(m): 10:06am On May 04, 2016
Igbo amaka! I love my women!
Re: Wisdom Of Igbo Mothers: How They Routed Fulani Herdsmen- Vanguard by SeverusSnape(m): 10:07am On May 04, 2016
Nice one
Re: Wisdom Of Igbo Mothers: How They Routed Fulani Herdsmen- Vanguard by Nightie(f): 10:15am On May 04, 2016
*Smiles*
Re: Wisdom Of Igbo Mothers: How They Routed Fulani Herdsmen- Vanguard by EazyMoh(m): 10:40am On May 04, 2016
Story for Amadioha, Ifa and Sango!
Chilli pepper kill 13 cows!
The demonization of Fulani people as championed by Vanguard Newspaper doesn't bother me much simply because no matter how much they try to demonize them, a true Fulani man doesn't take any nonsense from anybody. They do not forgive nor hesitate to retaliate. Notwithstanding, I condemn any act of violence by any group of people against innocent people.
Do not quote me!
Re: Wisdom Of Igbo Mothers: How They Routed Fulani Herdsmen- Vanguard by DaBullIT(m): 10:40am On May 04, 2016
I read this story somewhere , but it's Not Nigeria

Nice adaptation though

Chilli pepper

Tales by the moonlight

1 Like

Re: Wisdom Of Igbo Mothers: How They Routed Fulani Herdsmen- Vanguard by RareDiamonds: 10:41am On May 04, 2016
Nice One
Re: Wisdom Of Igbo Mothers: How They Routed Fulani Herdsmen- Vanguard by raker300: 10:46am On May 04, 2016
Not to brag, but there have been a silent revolution in enugu against Hausa/Fulani. It's in form of murders of Hausa Keke drivers and robbing and murdering them with every excuse.

Why the media houses don't report these things is beyond me.

Last week one Hausa/Fulani guy was murdered @ phase 6, trans ekulu, enugu while the others fled.

It's a shame we have to deal with shoemakers, herdsmen, sewing men and manicurist Hausa men while their big men are hidden away far north
Re: Wisdom Of Igbo Mothers: How They Routed Fulani Herdsmen- Vanguard by EazyMoh(m): 10:48am On May 04, 2016
raker300:
Not to brag, but there have been a silent revolution in enugu against Hausa/Fulani. It's in form of murders of Hausa Keke drivers and robbing and murdering them with every excuse.

Why the media houses don't report these things is beyond me.

Last week one Hausa/Fulani guy was murdered @ phase 6, trans ekulu, enugu while the others fled.

It's a shame we have to deal with shoemakers, herdsmen, sewing men and manicurist Hausa men while their big men are hidden away far north
Confessions of a terrorist sympathizer.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Plans ‘mass Action’ Against Fuel Price Hike / BREAKING NEWS: Britain Funding Buhari To Persecute Politcal Opponents(see Evi.. / Gov. Aminu Tambuwal Commissions New Mosque In Barade Town,wamakko(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.