Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,698 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Ben Murray Bruce, Orders INEC To Fill Vacant Seats In Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Murray Bruce, Orders INEC To Fill Vacant Seats In Senate (874 Views)

I’ll Be In Senate For Life — Bukar Ibrahim / Breaking:PDP Sweeps East & West Senatorial Seats In Rivers State-SaharaReporters / Conduct Pending Rivers Elections By Dec 10, Senate Orders INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ben Murray Bruce, Orders INEC To Fill Vacant Seats In Senate by iflywithbuhari(f): 4:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
Members of the Senate, on Wednesday, unanimously asked the Independent NationalElectoral Commission to conduct re-run-elections to fill six vacant positions in four states of the country.The states are Imo, Anambra, Rivers and kogiStates.The senate made the decision while adoptinga motion sponsored by Senator Ben Murray Bruce.The Upper Chamber observed that it took INEC one week to conclude elections in the Federal Capital Territory but failed to achievesame feat in some other states.Bruce had noted that INEC owed the upper chamber explanation on why the pending re-run elections have not been conducted.He noted that the non representation of somestates in the Senate is a violation of the constitution.Bruce who asked the Senate to take up the issue with the INEC Chairman, said that the people of the affected areas have a right to be represented in the Senate.Bruce said, “We have not had representation in this chamber from Rivers State, part of Anambra, Imo, Kogi and some other states.“INEC concluded elections in one week in Federal Capital Territory but in these states they had no representation here and it does not make any sense.“It is a violation of the constitution; the people of these states have a right to have representation here. The INEC Chairman owes us an explanation to explain why these elections have not been concluded.“It is a simple matter and it is the responsibility for INEC to conclude these elections so that the people of these beautiful states have representation here in the Senate.
http://www.punchng.com/senators-ask-inec-to-fill-vacant-seats-in-senate/
Re: Ben Murray Bruce, Orders INEC To Fill Vacant Seats In Senate by TANTUMERGO007(m): 4:15pm On Apr 27, 2016
Independent Buhari Electoral Commission (I.B.E.C) undecided
Re: Ben Murray Bruce, Orders INEC To Fill Vacant Seats In Senate by vickylincon(m): 4:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
he should go and conduct it na. who won die
Re: Ben Murray Bruce, Orders INEC To Fill Vacant Seats In Senate by oduastates: 4:34pm On Apr 27, 2016
You can see what is important to these guys in spite of the insecurity in the land
Re: Ben Murray Bruce, Orders INEC To Fill Vacant Seats In Senate by Unblockable: 5:03pm On Apr 27, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

And you would think you're making sense now?!
Re: Ben Murray Bruce, Orders INEC To Fill Vacant Seats In Senate by ndcide(m): 5:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
Well said. I told them this thing. It's a script that is being played. Those informed already know whats up.

Even the 90 days given by the court had elapsed. We know the game.
Re: Ben Murray Bruce, Orders INEC To Fill Vacant Seats In Senate by SurefireAsoOke: 5:34pm On Apr 27, 2016
I was expecting a twitter screenshot.
Re: Ben Murray Bruce, Orders INEC To Fill Vacant Seats In Senate by opalu: 5:40pm On Apr 27, 2016
The word 'Orders' is inappropriate
Re: Ben Murray Bruce, Orders INEC To Fill Vacant Seats In Senate by Osehnetworld(m): 5:49pm On Apr 27, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
so wts d sense here
BTW, Bruce moved a motion
hrhehehehe
Re: Ben Murray Bruce, Orders INEC To Fill Vacant Seats In Senate by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 27, 2016
Unblockable:

And you would think you're making sense now?!
Bros save yourself some trouble and never quote the guy. He cant be reasoned with

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray Bruce, Orders INEC To Fill Vacant Seats In Senate by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 27, 2016
PDP members want to increase their numbers to vote their leadership.

Useless party
Re: Ben Murray Bruce, Orders INEC To Fill Vacant Seats In Senate by Goddex: 7:01pm On Apr 27, 2016
[size=13pt]The tribalist president was more interested in giving appointments to his Fulani brothers whether they could do the job. All elections conducted by him so far end up being inconclusive[/size]
Re: Ben Murray Bruce, Orders INEC To Fill Vacant Seats In Senate by afanide: 9:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
I think He's correct on this.....

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Avenger Forced Shell To Evacuate Workers And Staffs. / See Fg Porter Were Unemployed Youth Can Register To Get 5k Per Month / Ailing Economy: Every Wise Nigerian Should Prepare For Doomsday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.