Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

The First Mayor Of Enugu Was Fulani... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The First Mayor Of Enugu Was Fulani... (1283 Views)

The First Mayor Of Enugu / Priests, Sisters Protest Killing Of Enugu People By Fulanis / PHOTOS: Girl Narrates How Her Friend Who Went Missing In Enugu Was Found Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The First Mayor Of Enugu Was Fulani... by Firgemachar: 6:51pm On Apr 27, 2016
His name is Dan Asika (not too sure) Umaru Altine.

That explains why Fulanis are keenly interested in reclaiming Enugu as their land away from the Sokoto caliphate just like Britain owns the Falkland Islands despite the indigenes being Argentine.

Enugu is turning into Fulani land.

Too bad!

2 Likes

Re: The First Mayor Of Enugu Was Fulani... by Firgemachar: 8:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
Re: The First Mayor Of Enugu Was Fulani... by victorvezx(m): 8:57pm On Apr 27, 2016
the worst part of it is that he was elected by igbos

3 Likes

Re: The First Mayor Of Enugu Was Fulani... by Bawsse(m): 9:00pm On Apr 27, 2016
Is this true?
Re: The First Mayor Of Enugu Was Fulani... by cocoduck: 9:01pm On Apr 27, 2016
victorvezx:
he who the cap fits should were it despite his origin, background or other things, that is what is called merit.
Re: The First Mayor Of Enugu Was Fulani... by Watermelon(m): 9:11pm On Apr 27, 2016
I never knew that Igboland have mayors. I thought they have monarchs. By the way, does Daniel (Dan) Asika look like a northern name?
Re: The First Mayor Of Enugu Was Fulani... by itstpia8: 9:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
Watermelon:
I never knew that Igboland have mayors. I thought they have monarchs. By the way, does Daniel (Dan) Asika look like a northern name?

Dan Fulani.
Re: The First Mayor Of Enugu Was Fulani... by scholes0(m): 9:23pm On Apr 27, 2016
victorvezx:

His name was Umaru Altine, not Dan anything.
A fulani cattle dealer from Sokoto province of the defunct Northern region.

2 Likes

Re: The First Mayor Of Enugu Was Fulani... by itstpia8: 9:54pm On Apr 27, 2016

1 Like

Re: The First Mayor Of Enugu Was Fulani... by Firgemachar: 10:18pm On Apr 27, 2016
scholes0:

His name was Umaru Altine, not Dan anything.
A fulani cattle dealer from Sokoto province of the defunct Northern region.

Thanks bro for the enlightenment.
And to think he was also a herdsman.
No wonder the Fulanis are fighting tooth and nail for what they think is righty theirs.
Re: The First Mayor Of Enugu Was Fulani... by Firgemachar: 10:20pm On Apr 27, 2016
itstpia8:
That picture looks strangely like Buhari.
here is another one on google:

http://howng.com/mallam-umaru-altine-the-first-mayor-of-enugu/
http://kirbyhistories..com/2013/01/malam-umaru-altine.html
The semblance damn too striking. I didnt know you also noticed it.
Re: The First Mayor Of Enugu Was Fulani... by Firgemachar: 6:56am On Apr 28, 2016
Watermelon:

Prior to the civil war, Nigerian cities used to have mayors.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Cert: Court Rubish Delay Tatics, One Year Enough To Produce 'wasc Result / Electricity Drops To Zero 6 Times In One Month / Nigeria’s Jonathan Says Country May Revisit Law On Gay Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.