Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,599 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Nigeria’s Jonathan Says Country May Revisit Law On Gay Marriage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Jonathan Says Country May Revisit Law On Gay Marriage (1278 Views)

Nigerians Feel Less Secure Now Than Under Jonathan, Says Soyinka / Religious Extremism Could Kill Nigeria, Jonathan Warns / Fayose Condemns FG's Attack On Men Of God, Says Country Will Be In Crisis If.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Jonathan Says Country May Revisit Law On Gay Marriage by Andiebest(m): 6:30pm On Jun 06, 2016
Nigeria may revisit a law that banned same-sex marriages, former President Goodluck Jonathan.
“When it comes to equality, we must all have the same rights as Nigerian citizens,” Jonathan said at a forum at Bloomberg’s European headquarters in London on Monday.
Jonathan in 2014 signed a law criminalizing same-sex marriages, gay groups and public displays of affection by homosexuals. The decision triggered condemnation by religious leaders, human rights groups and Western governments.
“In the light of deepening debates for all Nigerians and other citizens of the world to be treated equally and without discrimination, and with the clear knowledge that the issue of sexual orientation is still evolving, the nation may at the appropriate time revisit the law,” Jonathan said.
Re: Nigeria’s Jonathan Says Country May Revisit Law On Gay Marriage by Andiebest(m): 6:36pm On Jun 06, 2016
Re: Nigeria’s Jonathan Says Country May Revisit Law On Gay Marriage by greatiyk4u(m): 6:47pm On Jun 06, 2016
Hmmmm, GEJ, you again?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Jonathan Says Country May Revisit Law On Gay Marriage by muri4mig(m): 6:50pm On Jun 06, 2016
The question he should be ask is: is he the one that will revisit this law? If he is the one that will revisit it, under what position? Perhaps he has gotten a gay partners during his exile. Why is it that nothing good ever comes out of this infectious buffoons. He want to patronize the USA which happen to be the gray right promoters to seek for soft landing against his highly potential conviction of corrupt charges. We cannot be cowed by this tactics. His days of freedom are numbered. At the fullness of time he will hear from the EFCC to account for his sins against our treasury.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Jonathan Says Country May Revisit Law On Gay Marriage by BossKratos: 6:50pm On Jun 06, 2016
grin

Gej? Sharrap and focus on returning our yams!

Abi you don turn to caitlyn jenner?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Jonathan Says Country May Revisit Law On Gay Marriage by stevecantrell: 7:18pm On Jun 06, 2016
Like i said before Gej was just trying to distract and impress Nigerians by signing anti gay Law.
He offended the west and Nigerians sang his praise. Now he wants PMB to reverse it LoL ! What a joker.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Jonathan Says Country May Revisit Law On Gay Marriage by Pavarottii(m): 7:41pm On Jun 06, 2016
Something that he didn't sign wen in power. U dead brains are not in d same level wen it comes to intelligence, diplomacy, brilliance. He will beat all the zombies combine in Nigeria in a debate on foreign affairs, country ties etc. U think is like dullard president that doesn't know how to answer questions calling his citizens thieves.
“In the light of deepening debates for all Nigerians and other citizens of the world to be treated equally and without discrimination, and with the clear knowledge that the issue of sexual orientation is still evolving, the nation may at the appropriate time revisit the law,” Jonathan said.

This is the most epic response I av heard wen relating to a white man about a gay right. And to say that this response came from his head, no paper. GEJ u too much. I duff my hat in respect of ur intellect.

U people were expecting him be shouting there. NO, NO let's nt talk about it. Una think say e no go school like buhari. Person wey do PhD without computer. Dem born Una papa well. Na him u one raise shoulder with. Una no know Una level abi?

Zombies u people. Try. All methods to bring GEJ down. But up he keepss soaring...
I declare Ear Infection for every Zombie wey say GEJ no go rest.... grin

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Jonathan Says Country May Revisit Law On Gay Marriage by ayzTIGER: 7:59pm On Jun 06, 2016
muri4mig:
The question he should be ask is: is he the one that will revisit this law? If he is the one that will revisit it, under what position? Perhaps he has gotten a gay partners during his exile. Why is it that nothing good ever comes out of this infectious buffoons. He want to patronize the USA which happen to be the gray right promoters to seek for soft landing against his highly potential conviction of corrupt charges. We cannot be cowed by this tactics. His days of freedom are numbered. At the fullness of time he will hear from the EFCC to account for his sins against our treasury.
an administration that inherited empty treasury cant give bail out funds to states... Stop hating on GEJ

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Jonathan Says Country May Revisit Law On Gay Marriage by OlujobaSamuel: 8:04pm On Jun 06, 2016
this man sef? must you talk in respect to such issues?
Re: Nigeria’s Jonathan Says Country May Revisit Law On Gay Marriage by collinsVP: 8:07pm On Jun 06, 2016
That was simply a diplomatic statement. When you address such controvacial and sensitive issue, you do your best to strike a balance between what you belief in and that of others.

He had finished the job the day he signed against it.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Jonathan Says Country May Revisit Law On Gay Marriage by LordVarys: 8:09pm On Jun 06, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
this man sef? must you talk in respect to such issues?
He was questioned about why he signed the anti gay bill and he answered that he followed the wishes of the people who voted him in, and that as Nigeria evolves, if they feel the need to change the law, the country would. Wise and diplomatic answer to give at such an international forum. He also stressed that polls showed the vast majority of Nigeria favored the bill.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Jonathan Says Country May Revisit Law On Gay Marriage by mikki123(m): 8:39pm On Jun 06, 2016
Since Nigeria is a secular state, i think gay Marriage should be legalise
Re: Nigeria’s Jonathan Says Country May Revisit Law On Gay Marriage by tsdarkside(m): 9:03pm On Jun 06, 2016
Pavarottii:
Something that he didn't sign wen in power. U dead brains are not in d same level wen he comes to intelligence, diplomacy, brilliance. He will beat all the zombies combine in Nigeria in a debate on foreign affairs, country ties etc. U think is like dullard president that doesn't know how to answer questions calling his citizens thieves.

This is the most epic response I av heard wen relating to a white man about a gay right. And to say that this response came from his head, no paper. GEJ u too much. I duff my hat in respect of ur intellect.

U people were expecting him be shouting there. NO, NO let's nt talk about it. Una think say e no go school like buhari. Person wey do PhD without computer. Dem born Una papa well. Na him u one raise shoulder with. Una no know Una level abi?

Zombies u people. Try. All methods to bring GEJ down. But up he keepss soaring...
I declare Ear Infection for every Zombie wey say GEJ no go rest.... grin

i can not believe that he will even dare propose something so ridiculous to us....chaiii...fear don catch jonathan....he is even ready to sell us to fagggots to save his skin....chaiiii....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Jonathan Says Country May Revisit Law On Gay Marriage by Pavarottii(m): 2:24am On Jun 07, 2016
tsdarkside:

i can not believe that he will even dare propose something so ridiculous to us....chaiii...fear don catch jonathan....he is even ready to sell us to fagggots to save his skin....chaiiii....

Proposing wat to you? Is d president that will revisit it. As long as wen he was in power he refused it. He gave a very clear answer the day he didnt sign it. This is just a diplomatic intelligent answer in respecting d views of other nations and respecting the rights of association. My brother no better intelligent way to dislodge dis question. U should be taking lectures from GEJ. It will help ur intellect.
Thank you.
Re: Nigeria’s Jonathan Says Country May Revisit Law On Gay Marriage by AhmadMind: 3:47am On Jun 07, 2016
grin grin “In the light of deepening debates for all Nigerians and other citizens of the world to be treated equally and without discrimination, and with the clear knowledge that the issue of sexual orientation is still evolving, the nation may at the appropriate time revisit the law,” Jonathan said.

So many conditions and conditionalities in this single sentence that Oyibo man go dry laugh set...... Amazing Kudos

Goodness Gracious,... what a Tongue Twister and a Mind Wrencher of a statement!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Jonathan Says Country May Revisit Law On Gay Marriage by Netcontactsng1(m): 4:24am On Jun 07, 2016
You can't be a Nigerian and at the same time a homosexual. It's as simple as ABC.
Re: Nigeria’s Jonathan Says Country May Revisit Law On Gay Marriage by YorubaHighness: 4:26am On Jun 07, 2016
Homosexuality is more common in the SE, so I know Gullibos will support GEJ on this one. They can swallow any vomit coming out of GEJ's mouth.
Re: Nigeria’s Jonathan Says Country May Revisit Law On Gay Marriage by Netcontactsng1(m): 4:32am On Jun 07, 2016
YorubaHighness:
Homosexuality is more common in the SE, so I know Gullibos will support GEJ on this one. They can swallow any vomit coming out of GEJ's mouth.

Tribalistic man,

Cc Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Jonathan Says Country May Revisit Law On Gay Marriage by YorubaHighness: 4:32am On Jun 07, 2016
Netcontactsng1:

Tribalistic man,

Cc Mynd44

You're afraid of the truth.
Re: Nigeria’s Jonathan Says Country May Revisit Law On Gay Marriage by tsdarkside(m): 4:47am On Jun 07, 2016
Pavarottii:

Proposing wat to you? Is d president that will revisit it. As long as wen he was in power he refused it. He gave a very clear answer the day he didnt sign it. This is just a diplomatic intelligent answer in respecting d views of other nations and respecting the rights of association. My brother no better intelligent way to dislodge dis question. U should be taking lectures from GEJ. It will help ur intellect.
Thank you.

eeeyaahhhhh.....this was always his problem,,,always playing mr nice-guy....he have suppose to tell dem mugabe style....

"we are not fagggots like you,shvt the f up."........but noooo......

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Jonathan Says Country May Revisit Law On Gay Marriage by Pavarottii(m): 7:27am On Jun 07, 2016
tsdarkside:

eeeyaahhhhh.....this was always his problem,,,always playing mr nice-guy....he have suppose to tell dem mugabe style....

"we are not fagggots like you,shvt the f up."........but noooo......
Didn't know the kind of fellow I was in a discussion with, but now I know.
Av a safe working day. That's if u Av finished school or Av a job sef.

(1) (Reply)

Average IQ Score For Chimps Vs The Average Nigerian / Photos: Governor Fayose Distributes Tuber Of Yams To Ekiti State Residents / President Buhari Angry Over Iphone 7 Launch. Funny Photo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.