Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,224 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice (25817 Views)

How Ibrahim Idris Disobeyed Buhari’s Order On Benue Crisis / I'm Not Afraid - FFK Reacts To Buhari's Order To Clampdown On Social Media Posts / Senators Under Threat Over Jeeps, Don’t Bring Them Home, Constituents Warn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by j1mmy: 11:20am On Apr 28, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Dear Lord into your hands we commit our lives... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Yes, the "lord" will come down and fight the fulani herdsmen for you - st-u-p-id religious africans.

Fulani herdsmen can kill all of southern Nigeria and no lord will fix jack!
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by samsam2019: 11:32am On Apr 28, 2016
The only solution is to break up this country and let we Yorubas go our separate ways.

This country has been dicked by this bloody northerners for too long

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by Empirebosss001(m): 11:44am On Apr 28, 2016
[
it time 4 action to take place^ wat of peoples dat has died? why not earlier? cry[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by Rossikk(m): 11:49am On Apr 28, 2016
LRNZH:
[b]Unfortunately, the 'Fulani herdsmen' issue has been around since OBJs government as I remember. That was when the grading reserve bill reared its head.

The issue is that the Fulani's have been migrating further south due to the encroachment of the Sahara desert over the years. Their gradual southward migration has led to more interaction with farming tribes of the middle belt and southern Nigeria and with this comes violence as they struggle to grab more land for their cattle. Some don't even return to the north anymore.

The issue like many of Nigeria's issue is a complex one and needs both short and long term solutions. Just like corruption, Boko Haram, Niger Delta militancy, fuel scarcity, lack of electricity, unemployment, herdsmen attacks are all symptoms of a non functional country.

I await to see how the current government will address the issue on the long run because unleashing soldiers on the hersdsmen is a short term solution (same for Niger Delta militancy and Boko Haram). That won't be enough.

As for OP, he is just reacting emotionally to an issue that requires a lot of level headed thinking. Any political analyste worth his weight knows that supporting PDP or APC is not even the issue here. Buhari's reaction if you're following the developments now is even swifter than GEJ against Boko Haram calling them his brothers. More people were dying daily that period

Two wrongs cannot be mutually justified and no death from violence can ever be proven worthy so partisanship is not what we should be taking about.

We should be focused on how to get to a mlre feasile solution. I'm my head, don't see how the grazing reserve wil work unless the 19 northern states come.together and agree on how to manage the reserves with staes have the final eight to opt-in or out of the reserves.

Such optional reserves will force the Fulani to become less nomadic and more domesticated thereby increasing the likelihood that he will look into alternative means of growing feed for his cattle. That should should lead to better interactions with Farmers who can sell him hay or feedstock and to modernisation of cattle rearing practises.

Just like the oil spills in the ND, soil erosion in the SE, the desertification of the North is a disaster that needs to be tackled.

Others may have better ideas. Please bring them on. APC vs PDP is not the solution.
[/b]
You are an intelligent man. Good analysis devoid of tribalism. Others here should learn from you.
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by jeffoe(m): 11:51am On Apr 28, 2016
luvinhubby:
I am tempted to call this Buhari man 'lanky old fool' but let me wait.

Could not deploy security in 8hrs to Uzo-Uwani to prevent Fulani herdsmen attack, but did that in 1hr to forestall reprisal attack from the youths.

Is Buhari not mad?
so the governor cannot order the police to save his own people from the onslaught, don't they have state security council meeting. He doesn't have the cp number, this cannot happen in lagos I guess u know y
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by techie(m): 12:00pm On Apr 28, 2016
We should simply #boycottbeef until then nobody should complain about herdsmen
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by ngoziama: 12:00pm On Apr 28, 2016
fulanmafia:

You iPods are so silly.

Your complaint was the Presidents silence, now he has firmly and fully condemned the criminals and their activities while ordering a clampdown, yet you allege that he is also protecting the herdsmen. How do your brains work for God's sake?

I've made this emphasis on this forum several times; as long as your focus is on demonizing the President because of the activities of terrorist hoodlums that you mischieviously and fraudulently call 'his people', it will be increasingly difficult to end the carnage because you cannot defeat an enemy that you cannot identify properly.

Terrorists are nobody's people.

Action after how many innocent souls have been lost . from taraba to plateau to nassarawa to benue to enugu yet only when reprisal attacks started an order was immediately issued and you call it one nigeria. A country built on lies, slavery and innocent blood.Well, the reactions of the nike people should be an eye opener for the rest of nigeria.
Buhari you visited cattle ranches in kenya, you saw the hygenic environment under which those cattle were being reared.buhari must waka waka be a solution to cattle rearing in nigeria.do you know the jobs you stand to create if the north can tackle desertification and build ranches in the north.the north has vast land yet see what you are still subjecting easterners and the rest of nigerians you have left with little or no land to.
For me, grazing bill is dead on initiation not even arrival.since nigeria has refused to borrow ranch models of some developed countries then keep the cattle in the north.Even those hay the cattle eat, should henceforth be sold to them, yes nothing is free even in freetown.
I remain amazed at the ethnic cleansing going on in the south, west, and east .I am dumbfounded at the lip service played by the present administration and I marvel at how solutions being proferred to solve this problem is silent.stories lie mohammed should tell to the marine.nigeria nigeria I have said it, she is almost getting tired and fed up and that is why she has been showing all these signs.
My question now is how ONE is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by Adek15(m): 12:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
nonsoroyalty:
buhari can't do anything to his
brothers
Ftc
u guys accused him of not saying anything. Note he's spoken, all u can say is "buhari can't do anything to his brothers" smh4u
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by luvinhubby(m): 12:07pm On Apr 28, 2016
jeffoe:
so the governor cannot order the police to save his own people from the onslaught, don't they have state security council meeting. He doesn't have the cp number, this cannot happen in lagos I guess u know y

The CP takes ordes from the IG who in turn takes orders from the C-in-C.
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by j1mmy: 12:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
gidgiddy:

Only seceeding and having our own police force and Army is the only thing that will chase them away. Any other thing is wishful thinking.

That will not work because Southern Nigerians are apparently the most scared chickens on the planet, Nigerian soldiers from South something need permission to shoot Northerners even after orders have been given.

Slaves were taken from Southern Nigeria and sent to the Caribbean, Europe and North America, the same mindset meant they could not fight for their freedom for 400 years until whites did it for them.

Secession will not fix it, only mentality can!
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by luvinhubby(m): 12:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
Adek15:
u guys accused him of not saying anything. Note he's spoken, all u can say is "buhari can't do anything to his brothers" smh4u
Action speaks loudest.
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by Koolking(m): 12:38pm On Apr 28, 2016
LRNZH:
[b]Unfortunately, the 'Fulani herdsmen' issue has been around since OBJs government as I remember. That was when the grading reserve bill reared its head.

The issue is that the Fulani's have been migrating further south due to the encroachment of the Sahara desert over the years. Their gradual southward migration has led to more interaction with farming tribes of the middle belt and southern Nigeria and with this comes violence as they struggle to grab more land for their cattle. Some don't even return to the north anymore.

The issue like many of Nigeria's issue is a complex one and needs both short and long term solutions. Just like corruption, Boko Haram, Niger Delta militancy, fuel scarcity, lack of electricity, unemployment, herdsmen attacks are all symptoms of a non functional country.

I await to see how the current government will address the issue on the long run because unleashing soldiers on the hersdsmen is a short term solution (same for Niger Delta militancy and Boko Haram). That won't be enough.

As for OP, he is just reacting emotionally to an issue that requires a lot of level headed thinking. Any political analyste worth his weight knows that supporting PDP or APC is not even the issue here. Buhari's reaction if you're following the developments now is even swifter than GEJ against Boko Haram calling them his brothers. More people were dying daily that period

Two wrongs cannot be mutually justified and no death from violence can ever be proven worthy so partisanship is not what we should be taking about.

We should be focused on how to get to a mlre feasile solution. I'm my head, don't see how the grazing reserve wil work unless the 19 northern states come.together and agree on how to manage the reserves with staes have the final eight to opt-in or out of the reserves.

Such optional reserves will force the Fulani to become less nomadic and more domesticated thereby increasing the likelihood that he will look into alternative means of growing feed for his cattle. That should should lead to better interactions with Farmers who can sell him hay or feedstock and to modernisation of cattle rearing practises.

Just like the oil spills in the ND, soil erosion in the SE, the desertification of the North is a disaster that needs to be tackled.

Others may have better ideas. Please bring them on. APC vs PDP is not the solution.
[/b]

Brilliant, Insightful and Thought-provoking. I wish to read more of your opinions on NL. Your piece is devoid of partisan and ethnic sentiments peculiar to most Nigerians. I love your articles because it also suggest solutions to the problem - current imbroglio between the cattle nomadic and the SE/Nigeria.

I was disappointed and embarrassed at what Fani Kayode wrote earlier on the issue. Instead of offering solutions, he opted for blame games. You sir reason better than our so-called elder statesmen who trades patriotism for party and self-interest.

Cheers
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by Greenback: 12:39pm On Apr 28, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
see them, iPod yoot grin
meeeeeeh.......
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by j1mmy: 12:42pm On Apr 28, 2016
LadyExcellency:

Get lost, your are Evil if this is all you have to say. It is on Nnamdi Kalu/Biafrans that he shows his determination by ordering Soldiers to kill at sight and then suddenly loses his authority and fierceness when FULANI Herdsmen are involved.

President Buhari supports the fourth murderous terrorist organization worldwide - QED

Did GEJ and Obasanjo HAVE authority and fierceness when FULANI Herdsmen were involved?

Infact what Southern Head of state had authority and fierceness when FULANI Herdsmen are involved?

Southerners created the situation, not mallams
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by Greenback: 12:43pm On Apr 28, 2016
j1mmy:

That will not work because Southern Nigerians are apparently the most scared chickens on the planet, Nigerian soldiers from South something need permission to shoot Northerners even after orders have been given.

Slaves were taken from Southern Nigeria and sent to the Caribbean, Europe and North America, the same mindset meant they could not fight for their freedom for 400 years until whites did it for them.

are u afraid of secession,are u a parasite?

We all need secession..to hell with this kind of nigeria.
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by Greenback: 12:57pm On Apr 28, 2016
omenka:
You have called him and his supporters worse names- what's new in this??

How many times did you people's god deploy troops in 8hrs to anywhere?? On Chibok, the goat on hearing the news, sat back and drank ogogoro for two weeks before acknowledging anything had happened, then he waited another 3months to deploy troops after some 16year old Pakistani kid went to scold some sense into him.

Rubbish.

agbaya,
buhari is an evil and pure dullard and terrorist and his supporters are big fools and zombies...grin

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by j1mmy: 1:02pm On Apr 28, 2016
Greenback:

are u afraid of secession,are u a parasite?

We all need secession..to hell with this kind of nigeria.

The question is not what one person (me) wants, it is what Southerners are will to fight for - I want secession since 1960!

If you are a typical Nigerian (which I suspect you are from your writings) you probably talk but will not act when it comes to D day!
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by popcykaylah(m): 1:34pm On Apr 28, 2016
fulanmafia:

You iPods are so silly.

Your complaint was the Presidents silence, now he has firmly and fully condemned the criminals and their activities while ordering a clampdown, yet you allege that he is also protecting the herdsmen. How do your brains work for God's sake?

I've made this emphasis on this forum several times; as long as your focus is on demonizing the President because of the activities of terrorist hoodlums that you mischieviously and fraudulently call 'his people', it will be increasingly difficult to end the carnage because you cannot defeat an enemy that you cannot identify properly.
'
Terrorists are nobody's people.
You dey mind them..maybe expected him to tell military to go open fire on everyone in the north..
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by TENHEU22(m): 2:03pm On Apr 28, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
Please I just want to scream;

sai baba

sai osinbajo
grin

go and shout for filling station na

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by gidgiddy: 2:26pm On Apr 28, 2016
j1mmy:

You forget that their was once a civil war where the so called Southern Soldiers had no problem shooting the northern soldiers. I don't know who has that sort of mindset but it certainly isn't us Igbos, we have seceded before and fought a 3 year war to maintain it. If us Igbos secede again, any Hausa/Fulani who ventures into Igboland with their cattle but with no permission, they and their cattle will never be heard of again.
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by alaskido(m): 3:34pm On Apr 28, 2016
I am sorry to say, this bubu is very slow to responding to situations that are of high priority to him.
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by akin33(m): 4:00pm On Apr 28, 2016
Hatred for Buhari by some gullible Nigerians is too much. Their comments reflect the degree of their hatred. They are not constructive in their critics. Their hatred is is as a result of eat against corruption which his government is fighting. Many of this wailers are beneficials of corrupt politicians who no longer enjoy stolen fund anymore.
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by emymeeky: 4:46pm On Apr 28, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Dont you **** have a governor who is the chief security of your state

Ambode did not wail to Buhari before he waded into action and assure peace is restored in his state.

Mimiko did not run to Abuja and bark like a dog before he banned Fulani herdmens from grazing in Ondo. Mimiko did not insult Buhari before he charged his armed force and got Fulani herdmens who perpetrated their evil acts in Akure.

Ajimosho of Oyo did not wait for the federal govt before he enacted a law banning kidnapping - an act engaged by the Fulanis.

You guys should call your Governors to do something than running to Abuja looking for help. If they all think they can not wind down this problem by themselves, they should all resign.

Gov Shetima as the chief security officer could have arrested the boko haram menace in Borno State. The governor even complained that GEJ didn't call him after the chibok kidnap . Why was he waiting for the president before he could rescue them ?.

Zombies always lack clarity on topical issues .

Zombie
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by Image123(m): 10:23pm On Apr 28, 2016
akin33:
Hatred for Buhari by some gullible Nigerians is too much. Their comments reflect the degree of their hatred. They are not constructive in their critics. Their hatred is is as a result of eat against corruption which his government is fighting. Many of this wailers are beneficials of corrupt politicians who no longer enjoy stolen fund anymore.

Brother, even Apple is feeling the thing, they just posted poor profit for the first time in 13years. No more birthday and marriage ceremony of PDP customizing Apple iPhone and sharing like handfan. lol.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by Image123(m): 10:28pm On Apr 28, 2016
emymeeky:

Gov Shetima as the chief security officer could have arrested the boko haram menace in Borno State. The governor even complained that GEJ didn't call him after the chibok kidnap . Why was he waiting for the president before he could rescue them ?.

Zombies always lack clarity on topical issues .

Zombie

Asides other issues, is Shettima your god or role model? That fellow mentioned three proactive governor actions, you are using Shettima as excuse for incompetence. Should a governor be so helpless and clueless as to gather jobless and clueless people in his office on hold for whatever deluded hours you worked up? Ordinary bank branch will not take such attack lying low. If you want to play the blame game, it's on the governor.
Re: Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice by emymeeky: 11:04pm On Apr 28, 2016
Image123:

Asides other issues, is Shettima your god or role model? That fellow mentioned three proactive governor actions, you are using Shettima as excuse for incompetence. Should a governor be so helpless and clueless as to gather jobless and clueless people in his office on hold for whatever deluded hours you worked up? Ordinary bank branch will not take such attack lying low. If you want to play the blame game, it's on the governor.

If he had reasoned like you, I wouldn't have attacked him .

But on a more serious note , governors are helpless when matters like this arise . Governors do not have any direct hold on the police nor the army even when they are dubbed the CSO.

until the police system is decentralized, governors will continue to be spectators .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Friday Nwosu Challenges Uche Ogah's Declaration As Abia Governor / DSS Arrests 2 Supreme Court Judges & 5 Other judges / NLC/TUC Continue Talks With FG Today At 6pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.