Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Killed My Wife - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Killed My Wife (873 Views)

UCH Ibadan Labelled Death Trap After Lady Died Due To Alleged Negligence / How My Only Child Was Killed By Doctor's Negligence - #JusticeForTobi {Pics} / "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Killed My Wife by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 28, 2016
My wife complained of headache around 01:30pm
on Tuesday 26th April 2016, she later went to toilet, from there she said she can't stand up herself, I cleaned her ,wore her clothes, took her to Motayo hospital,we got there around 2:30pm,her blood pressure was checked and the result is 150/80, the Dr said it was high but not too much,she was given injection and place her on drip,i was told she will be admitted, they later moved her to the second floor,around 7:00pm her condition has been stabled
I was on Afternoon at work that day 2pm to 9pm, I called the nurse attending to her, she's Tabitha by name, I asked her to help me keep an eye on her that I wanted to take permission and also write some days leave and I left,i came back around 8:30pm to the hospital, I met my wife on the floor naked, she has removed all her clothes and the drips, her right eye has swollen up,bruises on her neck from all indications she fell from bed, no nurse attended to her,I called Dr and the nurse to see her, the Nurse lied that she just left her, imagine that! We carried her up but her breathing has changed, she couldn't talk, not responsive to pain when she was pinched, she gave up the ghost ,my wife that she's still breastfeeding her baby not up to a year
My anger is not the death of my wife but the negligence on the part of the nurse Cos the fell is accelerated death, I once reported the same nurse when my wife vomited,i called her to call a cleaner to clean it up but nobody came until after like 2hrs that I went outside to rake for them
A lot of people narrated their experiences one woman came to carry her husband away that he has high bp 210/something,that her husband rang bell many times when he needed help nobody attended to him, until the man managed to go outside and met them pressing phone
Another one complained during operation they forgot scissors inside her friend till today she hasn't conceive
I need justice
Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Killed My Wife by leonJunior: 6:36am On Apr 28, 2016
Its a pity
Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Killed My Wife by 2cato: 6:49am On Apr 28, 2016
And some health workerr will come here to put the blame on the govt

2 Likes

Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Killed My Wife by cynosure489: 6:54am On Apr 28, 2016
Some of this people have no regard for human life.. its a pity. May God grant you fortitude to bear this great loss.
Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Killed My Wife by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 28, 2016
This is sad indeed. I really pray you get justice.
Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Killed My Wife by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 28, 2016
but dey knew how to package her for burial in a coffin. dix is so sad. take heart sir, d Lord is ur strength. I pray u get justice.
Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Killed My Wife by Rachie83: 8:36am On Apr 28, 2016
I know of someone whose wife also died few years ago in that same hospital.That hospital has turned to a death zone, anyone that sees the hospital will believe is a good hospital because of the building not knowing that it's a graveyard,accept my condolence my brother....
Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Killed My Wife by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 28, 2016
too bad. may God save us from the snares of evil nurse.
Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Killed My Wife by VintageCocktail(m): 9:42am On Apr 29, 2016
Sorry for your loss bro.

Sentiments aside...
This is defamation and it is better to err on the side of caution when addressing sensitive issues like this.
A nurse is saddled with the responsible to care for the sick and the healthy, deviating from that is unprofessional. Do you bother to get the details of the said nurse to ensure who you are dealing with ..whether a quack aka auxiliary or a qualified nurse who knows what close monitoring means. A diagnosis that includes seizures may explain the falling off from the bed and her breathing didn't change because she fell rather it changed because of the seizures she was having and its associated complications.
She was admitted not less than 12 hours before she gave up, what investigations were carried out and was she a known hypertensive patient?
[b][/b]I ask after nurse Tabhi, she came, I asked her what happened, she said she just left her now IMAGINE, I felt like strangled her,i asked her what's she doing on the floor, why is she Unclad,why,why why, who removed her clothes, she said she's not the one
I won't hold brief for this nurse but who knows whether she may be the only nurse on duty covering the shift. You saw her at 2.30pm and saw her again at 11.15 pm after afternoon shift has ended, what sort of short staffed personnel are they running at that hospital. Afternoon duty closes by 8pm, why is she still there if they are not short staffed?
She was employed by the hospital to take care of all their admitted patients irrespective of how many they are and so, she is not exclusively for your wife. So I suggest you sue the hospital management for running a shortstaffed clinics so that both the doctor and the nurse will tell their own side of the story instead of this social media defamation.

Rip Adeola.
Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Killed My Wife by tchiwinnie: 9:51am On Apr 29, 2016
Sorry for ur loss. But I really find it 'somehow' that in ur grief, u were able to snap and post pics of ur wife even in her coffin? And this sad event just happened 3days ago? She bn buried?
Re: How Motayo Hospital's Nurse Negligence Killed My Wife by bibinwaka: 11:30am On Apr 29, 2016
is dis a private hsp? Check if d nurses are being paid well cos govt nurses do worst espcially if nt havnt paid. Sory for ur loss

(1) (Reply)

Interstitial Cystitis Treatment Can Be Naturally / 40 Plus For Women / Beautiful Lady Who Has Lost Two Of Her Fingers To Strange Disease Needs Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.