Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,749 members, 7,820,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

HELP, When Ever He Drinks Water, He... - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HELP, When Ever He Drinks Water, He... (886 Views)

Vegan Single Mum Drinks Sperm Every Morning To Give Her Energy In England / Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos / Pepsi To Cut Down Sugar From Its Drinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP, When Ever He Drinks Water, He... by oye9ja(m): 4:54pm On May 14, 2016
It has been happening for over a month now and it's still happening.
I think I have this phobia and its called Aquaphobia (that's after I did some research on the internet).
Aquaphobia is fear of drinking water or liquids, but in my case I have this huge fear for drinking water and it always scare the he'll out of me, most of the time, am always dehydrated but knowing little about drips and infusion, what I do is walk into the clinic and buy drips to get myself hydrated.
When ever I force myself to drink little, I vomit a lot and when I don't, I become restless.
Please and getting tired and sick of this. My stools are always very hard, sometimes I have to press my anus to get little out my bowels.
Please, help me, what am I into?
Re: HELP, When Ever He Drinks Water, He... by 4reala(m): 5:17pm On May 14, 2016
Can't dat same clinic be of help to u?
Re: HELP, When Ever He Drinks Water, He... by oye9ja(m): 5:33pm On May 14, 2016
I still fear they might ask me to drink water
Re: HELP, When Ever He Drinks Water, He... by liztemi(f): 5:50pm On May 14, 2016
The best is to consult a doctor
Re: HELP, When Ever He Drinks Water, He... by Kiish(m): 6:45pm On May 14, 2016
its a form of anxiety disorder. perhaps therapy... or just drink the damn water. ( cheaper option sha)
Re: HELP, When Ever He Drinks Water, He... by dake40(m): 6:49pm On May 14, 2016
Human needs H20 to survive. You need a strong medical attention.
Re: HELP, When Ever He Drinks Water, He... by oye9ja(m): 7:27pm On May 14, 2016
Kiish:
its a form of anxiety disorder. perhaps therapy... or just drink the damn water. ( cheaper option sha)

I think will agree with you, cos something when I take up all courage and drink the water and expect the worst to happen, the nothing happens and somethings I vomit all I have in me.
Re: HELP, When Ever He Drinks Water, He... by Kiish(m): 7:38pm On May 14, 2016
yeah. So try that. little steps and tell yourself "nothing is gonna happen, its for my benefit" Hopefully you should get over it.
oye9ja:

I think will agree with you, cos something when I take up all courage and drink the water and expect the worst to happen, the nothing happens and somethings I vomit all I have in me.

1 Like

Re: HELP, When Ever He Drinks Water, He... by Vello(m): 10:04pm On May 14, 2016
You need a psychologist I think. But I must say that condition of yours is not aquaphobia per se, but a lot more serious. When you see water and what comes to your mind is danger then we can talk of aquaphobia. When you can enter inside water or a large mass of water give you the fright of your life then aquaphobia is possible. Even when you can't take your bathe for fear of water that's aquaphobia. But in this situation, we're talking about your health homeostasis, your most basic physiological need. My brother, it's a grave psychological condition. Please seek help immediately. God be with you.
Re: HELP, When Ever He Drinks Water, He... by Infinitikoncept(m): 12:58pm On May 18, 2016
Vello:
You need a psychologist I think. But I must say that condition of yours is not aquaphobia per se, but a lot more serious. When you see water and what comes to your mind is danger then we can talk of aquaphobia. When you can enter inside water or a large mass of water give you the fright of your life then aquaphobia is possible. Even when you can't take your bathe for fear of water that's aquaphobia. But in this situation, we're talking about your health homeostasis, your most basic physiological need. My brother, it's a grave psychological condition. Please seek help immediately. God be with you.
Chat my WhatsApp handle or send mail directly cox I don't get pm
Re: HELP, When Ever He Drinks Water, He... by AskJimi: 9:16pm On May 18, 2016
Hello,

Have you always had this issue? Can you think back to a time when you could drink water with ease?

I work in the area of anxiety and stress management as a therapist and believe I can help you with this. It won't take many sessions. In fact, it may take just one session to at least get you to be able to think about and actually drink water without the anxiety. I'll trace the route cause of this issue.

I suggest you contact me for my website details so we can schedule a no obligation consultation just to be certain that it is something I can help you with.

Jimi Sayo,

oye9ja:
It has been happening for over a month now and it's still happening.
I think I have this phobia and its called Aquaphobia (that's after I did some research on the internet).
Aquaphobia is fear of drinking water or liquids, but in my case I have this huge fear for drinking water and it always scare the he'll out of me, most of the time, am always dehydrated but knowing little about drips and infusion, what I do is walk into the clinic and buy drips to get myself hydrated.
When ever I force myself to drink little, I vomit a lot and when I don't, I become restless.
Please and getting tired and sick of this. My stools are always very hard, sometimes I have to press my anus to get little out my bowels.
Please, help me, what am I into?

(1) (Reply)

Turmeric Plant(buchu Power / UNIBEN Medical Director Assaults Radiographer For Refusing To Succumb To Illegal / 7 Natural Ways To Boost Your Brain Power + Sharpen Your Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.