Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,096 members, 7,821,794 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills (3435 Views)

Woman And Her Children Arrested After Her Husband Bought A Stolen Phone (Photo) / Thieves Roasting A Stolen Goat Caught And Disgraced, Made To Carry It On Head / Kogi Thieves Set Boy On Fire In Order Not To Identify Them Over A Stolen Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by saxby(f): 8:55am On Apr 28, 2016
Mods kindly send to the appropriate section if this isn't the right one. Thanks.

Okay guys I've always advocated and supported Tecno phones because I feel its cheaper for me and can do what other "big phones" can do evn though i used an infinix until it "disappeared"

I've been promised a phone (Samsung edge) by August since my phone just got stolen. Pending when it comes I gathered little money to get a small phone. Instead of buying another infinix I decided to go for the Tecno boom j8 everybody is talking about and even how they said one can go to Paris if you're lucky (who no wan go Paris??). Let me confirm if what they're saying is true or not.

However here the issue... I won't be happy after using 41k to buy a phone and then it get missing or when my Samsung arrives it gets missing and won't be able to find it.

I'm not careless but things like this can happen unexpectedly.

My question is, is there any proven way to track a stolen phone in Nigeria?
If you have done it please share your experience or skill.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by Nwokoji1: 9:08am On Apr 28, 2016
There are Apps you can use to track your Stolen Phones, Like CM Security and Many others. The Tecno Boom J8 you mentioned comes with a Special UI called a the HIOS, It also helps to keep Track of the Phone as well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by investigator007: 9:49am On Apr 28, 2016
I`m yet to hear about something like that o. have nigerians reached that level?
Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by Histrings08(m): 10:15am On Apr 28, 2016
If ur phone hasn't bn rooted u can track it using ur imei number... You'll send d number to d appropriate place nd they'll track it for u... Google it for details

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by starbhooy(m): 10:27am On Apr 28, 2016
There's an app Called "GPS Tracking" which you have to install on the phone & another phone so you'd be all to see the location of the whichever phone with the other phone. Thank me later wink
Search the App on Playstore.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by Cdave: 12:11pm On Apr 28, 2016
Any phone with a GPS can be tracked. People are just ignoramous about it

1 Like

Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by Marinza(m): 3:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
Yes I heard its possible but let's say they phone you buy is 41k then it gets stolen by chance, is it gonna be worth the time and effort chasing it down?
Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by oginineme(f): 10:13pm On Apr 28, 2016
Lol we have passed that level sef grin
investigator007:
Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by oginineme(f): 10:16pm On Apr 28, 2016
Sometimes it is not about the phone, but the content of the phone.
Marinza:
Yes I heard its possible but let's say they phone you buy is 41k then it gets stolen by chance, is it gonna be worth the time and effort chasing it down?

1 Like

Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by oginineme(f): 10:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
Interesting!
starbhooy:
There's an app Called "GPS Tracking" which you have to install on the phone & another phone so you'd be all to see the location of the whichever phone with the other phone. Thank me later wink
Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by ForeverNew(f): 10:54pm On Apr 28, 2016
How do I that ooo.
Cdave:
Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by ForeverNew(f): 10:56pm On Apr 28, 2016
Who are the "they " that will track it for me?.
Histrings08:
If ur phone hasn't bn rooted u can track it using ur imei number... You'll send d number to d appropriate place nd they'll track it for u... Google it for details
Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by ForeverNew(f): 11:04pm On Apr 28, 2016
Am really surprised, do these things work here.
investigator007:
Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by brook75: 3:04am On Apr 29, 2016
i think most phones have gps. but then again, dosnt the person need to turn it on?

1 Like

Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by Africanman123(m): 10:02am On Apr 29, 2016
Why do I need the too much wahala. Password is OK for me.
Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by Africanman123(m): 10:04am On Apr 29, 2016
So 41k is not money right?
Marinza:
Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by Africanman123(m): 10:06am On Apr 29, 2016
So am part of ignoramous now? Am finished!!! grin
Cdave:
Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by Penaldo: 11:22am On Apr 29, 2016
starbhooy:
Is the APP available for all Android or only tecno?
Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by Penaldo: 11:24am On Apr 29, 2016
Cdave:
Why not tell us how
Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by ibibiofirstlady(f): 11:25am On Apr 29, 2016
Africanman123:
Why do I need the too much wahala. Password is OK for me.
what if the thief format the phone?

1 Like

Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by Penaldo: 11:26am On Apr 29, 2016
ibibiofirstlady:
what if the thief format the phone?
No mind am
Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by TundeSalamu(m): 1:27pm On Apr 29, 2016
Nwokoji1:
There are Apps you can use to track your Stolen Phones, Like CM Security and Many others. The Tecno Boom J8 you mentioned comes with a Special UI called a the HIOS, It also helps to keep Track of the Phone as well

Abeg tell them.
Better still, make use of Android Manager.
If you do not understand how it works, I can teach you.
Pere.

1 Like

Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by Marinza(m): 2:55pm On Apr 29, 2016
Africanman123:

It is yes, but by the time you calculate the transportation, the money, the stress and time you could have used in doing other stuff, is it gonna be worth it? Where is the wisdom in spending 10+ or more to get a phone of 40k back... Phone that would probably not be the same again.
Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by jidehis: 9:07am On Apr 30, 2016
Nwokoji1:
Nice
Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by jidehis: 9:09am On Apr 30, 2016
starbhooy:
VEry helpful thanks
Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by jidehis: 9:10am On Apr 30, 2016
Not seen anyone track a phone before..we tried once using google but failed,,and it seems like no one here has ever done it
Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by jidehis: 9:16am On Apr 30, 2016
Africanman123:
So am part of ignoramous now? Am finished!!! grin
How??
Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by Abbycite(m): 9:35am On Apr 30, 2016
The problem with using tracking apps to locate phone is that the GPS of d phone in question has to be turn on and d network must be top notch.....if not, its an exercise in futility.....

2 Likes

Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by shaneefe(f): 10:28am On Apr 30, 2016
Not seen anyone do this that worked abeg..its all just talking
Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by MaryWest(f): 9:15pm On Apr 30, 2016
jidehis:
Nice

I didn't know that HiOS is/was capable of tracking as well.
Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by Damiandark01: 12:13am On May 01, 2016
Africanman123:

If you have a phone with decent network Yo could track it using its gps but I don't know if it's ever been tried
Re: Finding A Stolen Phone; Share Your "Detective" Skills by FrozeBABE: 2:57pm On May 01, 2016
the only way to track it is to protect it from missing grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Super Market In Nigeria Where No Nigerian Is Allowed To Enter In Abuja. / Nigerian Native Doctor Who Does Confirmed Money Rituals Juju(video) / Man Gang Raped By 3 Women For 3 Consecutive Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.