Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,211 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Bloodlust: Chapter 1 [the Book] - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bloodlust: Chapter 1 [the Book] (486 Views)

Short Stories That Can Shape Your Life In The Book: You Can Win - Shiv Khera / Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author / About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bloodlust: Chapter 1 [the Book] by noblepassmercy: 9:29am On Apr 28, 2016
Written by Chibuzor Iwobi (@JeSuisChiby)

I was one cancellation away from being single. My girlfriend, Tina, and I would make plans, but I always had the habit of canceling at the last minute. Surely she wasn’t going to put up with me if I cancelled again. For me, the weekend was about watching soccer, either alone or with my boys. Definitely not with my girlfriend asking about every single play during the game, telling me which player is cute. But of course, Tina, being the wise ass that she was decided we stay indoors and watch the Premier League together this weekend. What can a man say?

Despite all my hopes and prayers that she would be late, she came well before the teams were out on the field. The time for Chelsea’s match arrived and, as always, I couldn’t hold in the excitement. This was a pivotal game in the season, the year was almost over and we had to win this game to stay on top of the league. To make things worse, it was against our rivals Arsenal. I had been nervous the whole week looking forward to the game, and now it was finally here. Sure enough, Tina wanted to cuddle. Why please? God, why me? But, because this seemed to be my last chance, I allowed.

Just from the watching the build up, it felt like I was there. The atmosphere was live, both sets of fans screaming at the top of their lungs, this was the game of the year so far. The two managers shook hands, the referee looked at his watch and blew his whistle. It was on! Both teams came out strong in the first few minutes, there were chances at both ends. I was high on excitement. I didn’t know when I pushed her off the couch.

“I don’t like what you are doing,” She said

I pretended not to hear her and kept my eyes glued to the TV.

“James!” She shouted.

Continue reading here>> http://trendope.com/2016/04/bloodlust-chapter-1-the-book/

(1) (Reply)

My Scattered Thoughts / What Use Is A Tasteless Salt? / A Night Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.