Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,739 members, 7,809,832 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author (12548 Views)

Short Stories That Can Shape Your Life In The Book: You Can Win - Shiv Khera / Things You Need To Know About C. Onumah's Book "We Are All Biafrans" / About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by Gkemz: 3:27pm On Jun 17, 2016
Following the launch of his new book: “We are all Biafrans” , Chido Onumah in an interview with NAIJ.com said his aim is to remind Nigerians and its leaders of the problems faced by the country in recent times.
Onumah said the book, his third is about the crisis the Nigerian people face and the need for a true federalism.
He however denied insinuations that his book is a call to action for the agitation of a Biafran state.
“It is not a call to action, it is not a call to support the Biafra agitation, it is just a reminder that we have so many problems in Nigeria and that time has come for us to sit at the table of nationhood to address these problems,” Onumah said.
He further said the used the title for the book because he believed it would open Nigerians up for thought provoking questions about its problems.
“I thought I would strike a call that I wanted to provoke… I think it achieved its aim. The idea is that people will read the book and begin to question: why are we all Biafrans? Or somebody will tell you, I am not a Biafran,” he said.
He said: “So the idea first and foremost is to provoke, to draw attention to the issue.”
“If had used a topic like the marginalization of so so and so, people will say but we have also been marginalized but I think with the title of the book hopefully people would begin to draw attention.
“We do not have a choice, this is not about government really and that is why it has a subtitle: “Sleepwalking into disaster” .
“The only alternative we have is disaster, so if we do not want the disaster, we have no choice but to come together as a people.
“Some people say, we have had the national conference, we have had various conferences to talk about Nigeria; nation building like I keep saying is not a tea party, it is not something you would say: oh!
“We tried it and it did not work. You have to keep trying, even the United States, over 200 years old, the greatest country in the history of the world; they still struggle to build a perfect nation.”
Photos from the launch of the book in Abuja:
He added: “So no nation comes given, no nation is perfect, the important thing is that the human beings that live in these places make effort to try to work hard and work out something that would be of interest or benefit rather to at least the majority of those who live in the country.”
He also said that Nigeria should only stop trying when the country is sure it has an alternative to finding solutions to its current problems.
Onumah said: “My attitude is that we really do not have an alternative, our alternative is to watch our country disintegrate and as long as we do not want to do that we have to keep trying to get the best out of it."

https://www.naij.com/864008-read-unbelievable-reason-biafrans-written.html

4 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by ever811(m): 3:39pm On Jun 17, 2016
you would have titled it..we are all bokoharamsss..cause biaferans and boko haram are same in nature..they are both troubling our country..thanks sir

11 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by DaBullIT(m): 6:42am On Jun 18, 2016
I thought there's no promotion of Biafra on Nairaland ?

My brother , forget the essay and description from the author

All i know is

this is Violation of

Rule 9. Don't use Nairaland for illegal acts, e.g scams, plagiarism, hacking, gay meetings, incitement, promoting secession/ Biafra.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by nagodoluwa: 6:42am On Jun 18, 2016
DaBullIT:
All i know is
this is Violation of
Rule 9. Don't use Nairaland for illegal acts, e.g scams, plagiarism, hacking, gay meetings, incitement, promoting secession/ Biafra.
Always read b4 u comment, dnt let ur hatred for a particular region makes u post senseless
ever811:
you would have titled it..we are all bokoharamsss..cause biaferans and boko haram are same in nature..they are both troubling our country..thanks sir
You are wrong, kindly consult people that are older than you to educate you. btw, am not a Biafran

41 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by Evidence1000(m): 6:43am On Jun 18, 2016
It's well with Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by YoursGEJ(m): 6:43am On Jun 18, 2016
ever811:

DaBullIT:
All i know is
this is Violation of

Please read the article and stop making uneducated comments

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by sanandreas(m): 6:43am On Jun 18, 2016
Any one with the soft copy? I would love to read
Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 18, 2016
ever811:

You certainly need brain evaluation.

33 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by papermill: 6:44am On Jun 18, 2016
Ok
Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by LexxieleE(m): 6:44am On Jun 18, 2016
Hope it comes with a better content
Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by uchesino(m): 6:45am On Jun 18, 2016
All hail biafra

17 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by meeky007(m): 6:46am On Jun 18, 2016
so d MODES slept off or d were partying all through d night?
Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by Nobody: 6:46am On Jun 18, 2016
We are all Biafrans, yes and the Author owns no terrorist any explanation or apology. cool

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by toydee(m): 6:48am On Jun 18, 2016
ever811:
Anu ofia

25 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by masterpix(m): 6:48am On Jun 18, 2016
ever811:
I think lagoon is the right place for you now

10 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by adedam007(m): 6:48am On Jun 18, 2016
T
Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by chimauga(m): 6:48am On Jun 18, 2016
[s]
ever811:
[/s]

Fooool, like wise opc and afanifere

22 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by AntiIPOOP(m): 6:48am On Jun 18, 2016
ever811:
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by DaBullIT(m): 6:49am On Jun 18, 2016
So , if i have a different opinion about your topic , my comment is uneducated ??

See your life ahside ?? I read it , and even the author claims it's not promoting , i know the contents of the book is promoting and there's propaganda and twisting of facts there

So maybe you should stop copying to paste instead copy to learn to read between the lines
YoursGEJ:

Please read the article and stop making uneducated comments
Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 18, 2016
sanandreas:
Any one with the soft copy? I would love to read
Go online you will get it, Google.com is your friend.
Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by chimah3(m): 6:50am On Jun 18, 2016
This one will pepper some people lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by MILFangela(f): 6:50am On Jun 18, 2016
We are not all Biafrans. Biafra belong the Igbos alone. Very soon, the Igbos would get the independent Biafra country they so much desire, and when that happens, all Igbos would go back to Igboland.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by Stancity(m): 6:50am On Jun 18, 2016
ever811:
[s]you would have titled it..we are all bokoharamsss..cause biaferans and boko haram are same in nature..they are both troubling our country..thanks sir[/s]
Be civilized bro. I dont see any need for that tribalistic comment.... BTW come to think of it.................

7 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by Nobody: 6:53am On Jun 18, 2016
The Biafra war threw up a lot of questions about the structure of Nigeria that have not been correctly answered. I guess the book was written as a remainder that we could find ourselves in a tinderbox situation if these questions are left unanswered.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by Abutraco: 6:53am On Jun 18, 2016
Biafra is only solution to Africa not only Nigeria thank u my brother for d book

5 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by MyParadise(m): 6:56am On Jun 18, 2016
The book could be quite interesting.

1 Like

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by shakablaiize(m): 6:57am On Jun 18, 2016
Igbos again

1 Like

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by Enkyl(m): 7:00am On Jun 18, 2016
DaBullIT:
So , if i have a different opinion about your topic , my comment is uneducated ??

See your life ahside ?? I read it , and even the author claims it's not promoting , i know the contents of the book is promoting and there's propaganda and twisting of facts there

So maybe you should stop copying to paste instead copy to learn to read between the lines
Are you educated at all?
Honestly please stop for the sake of talking it's annoying

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Love Is A Dangerous Game / I Thought It Was Real / Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.