Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators (15967 Views)

Saraki Arrives Tribunal With Two Senators (PHOTO) / False Assets Declaration: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With Just 4 Senators / Bukola Saraki Arrives Conduct Tribunal This Morning With Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by DONSMITH123(m): 12:09pm On Apr 28, 2016
The Senate President, Bukola Saraki just arrived the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, for his ongoing trial in company of two senators again.
Saraki who is currently standing trial on a 13 count charge bordering on false declaration of assets arrived the tribunal in company of two Senator, Ogola Foster of Bayelsa West and Senator, Jubrin Barau from Kano State.

DAILY POST recalls that the same number of Senators accompanied Saraki to the tribunal in a show of solidarity yesterday which is a significant decrease from the number that previously accompanied the Senate President to the tribunal.

Speaking with DAILY POST, a source from the National Assembly who wished not to be mention said the reason for the reduction is because there is a plenary session.

The source said, “There is plenary today and you don’t expect these Senators to accompany Saraki to the tribunal.

“They were sent there by their constituents to represent them and that takes precedence, after plenary those that can make it may still show up.”

The ongoing trial has seen the prosecution witnessed disclosing how Saraki used over N522m to purchase a property in Lagos.

The witness, Michael Wetkas, who is an operative of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, told the tribunal how the Senate President used his account with the Guaranteed Trust Bank to launder money and procure properties while he was governor of Kwara State.

Wetkas had disclosed how Saraki transferred over $73, 000 to a foreign account from his account with Guaranteed Trust Bank.

He had said that documents relating to the transfer were burnt during a fire incident that occurred in one of the branches of the bank.

During yesterday’s sitting, Saraki’s counsel, Rephael Oluyede argued over a pending application which sought the disqualification of the trial judge, Danladi Umar.

Umar had adjourned the matter till today for ruling and continuation of trial.

Today’s proceeding is yet to commence.

Details shortly…

http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/28/cct-trial-again-saraki-arrives-tribunal-in-company-of-2-senators/

3 Likes

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by ibullem(m): 12:10pm On Apr 28, 2016
One by one... Dem don dey go grin

12 Likes

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by juniorportland(m): 12:11pm On Apr 28, 2016
where maleye

I can die for saraki,Dino maleye thinks its easy to die for someone, it was even difficult for Jesus to die for the world

saraki shld just resign honourably

junior portland

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by DONSMITH123(m): 12:12pm On Apr 28, 2016
That Body Guard? he has only mouth.

juniorportland:
where maleye

5 Likes

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by iflywithbuhari(f): 12:12pm On Apr 28, 2016
In your title, you wrote NO SENATOR, but in your post, you wrote TWO SENATORS. You should get a 3 weeks ban for misleading the public. High irresponsibility and desperation is your problem

6 Likes

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by DONSMITH123(m): 12:14pm On Apr 28, 2016
“They were sent there by their constituents to represent them and that takes precedence, after plenary those that can make it may still show up.”

3 Likes

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by DONSMITH123(m): 12:14pm On Apr 28, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
In your title, you wrote NO SENATOR, but in your post, you wrote TWO SENATORS. You should get a 3 weeks ban for misleading the public. High irresponsibility and desperation is your problem

Saraki's advocate spotted.

1 Like

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by iflywithbuhari(f): 12:16pm On Apr 28, 2016
DONSMITH123:

Saraki's advocate spotted.
Change your title, before I report you to the moderators. Just for 1k from Jagaban, you are misbehaving online

3 Likes

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by Clean9agent: 12:17pm On Apr 28, 2016
Good for APC's.
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by TANTUMERGO007(m): 12:18pm On Apr 28, 2016
undecided Stale news lipsrsealed
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by DONSMITH123(m): 12:18pm On Apr 28, 2016
who you epp? You wan do like tiwa and her husband abi? cheesy

iflywithbuhari:

Change your title, before I report you to the moderators. Just for 1k from Jagaban, you are misbehaving online
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by juniorportland(m): 12:18pm On Apr 28, 2016
iflywithbuhari:

aunty chill Na.....you make mistakes too, and stop pouring ur sentiments one another person

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by DONSMITH123(m): 12:20pm On Apr 28, 2016
Dino's Moniker spotted. lipsrsealed
TANTUMERGO007:
undecided Stale news lipsrsealed
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by iflywithbuhari(f): 12:21pm On Apr 28, 2016
juniorportland:
aunty chill Na.....you make mistakes too, and stop pouring ur sentiments one another person
Which mistake. The OP, was being mischievous. If I hadn't pointed it out, the title would have still being erroneously displayed
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by Sammyashol(m): 12:25pm On Apr 28, 2016
Enough of this saraki news. Some want him to be removed as the senate president so as to carry on their agenda, i don't care I just want him to be jailed and his political career dead.
I wonder why some support him, may be because of the little peanut they get from him.
I'm an indigene of kwara state and i can boldly say it anywhere that since the inception of his puppet's administration and during his own administration, no development witness, the only over head bridge he build in ilorin which is not even upto 5km and a trailer can't even climb it.
You guys need to go to abeokuta and see constructions, same thing in oyo but in kwara state nothing only potholes here and there.

I do hear people say all politician embezzle, thats not the problem, embezzle and do something. People will appreciate but reverse is the case with bukola, he is a certified armedrobber

12 Likes

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:32pm On Apr 28, 2016
Saraki......
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by abumeinben(m): 12:42pm On Apr 28, 2016
And the firewall of jerico fell....
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 28, 2016
Did his abobaku followed him?

1 Like

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by WildChild00(m): 12:45pm On Apr 28, 2016
All other senators to Saraki, you're on your own bros.... shocked I know one of the two senators would be Dino Melaye, a die hard Saraki supporter!
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 28, 2016
It was two yesterday. When the notification popped up, I thought it would be "only his briefcase" .
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by zexzy(f): 12:45pm On Apr 28, 2016
from 90 to 2 eya.
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by Canme4u(m): 12:47pm On Apr 28, 2016
"The fire would definitly be useless after fried yam eater" just as "when river/pond dried off on fishes"

Aroba, gbogbo wa la o'ditan.
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by Isoni(m): 12:48pm On Apr 28, 2016
Where is Dino?

Oh! Them don dey go one by one
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by taurus21: 12:49pm On Apr 28, 2016
The end is near Saraki... no where to run

5 Likes

Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by OkutaNla: 12:51pm On Apr 28, 2016
The other Senators don receive sense. They have better things to do with their time. cheesy
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by mrdeleee: 12:52pm On Apr 28, 2016
grin
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by Kunlegzy(m): 12:53pm On Apr 28, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 28, 2016
50 great senators standing WITH SARAKI, IF ONE BIG SENATOR SHOULD STAND AWAY FROM FOLLOWERSHIP?
49 great senators standing with saraki, if one big senator should stand away from followership?
48 great...
Re: CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators by nrexzy: 12:55pm On Apr 28, 2016
Reality finally catching up with him..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Snatch Ballot Box, Face Grave Consequence, IG Echoes Buhari / 'Lopsided Appointments': Asari Dokubo Warns President Tinubu In New Video / Presidency Shared N22.4m To Chibok Parents, Escaped Girls -community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.