Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,297 members, 7,864,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:19 PM

Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. (3195 Views)

Identical Twin Brothers To Marry Identical Twin Sisters Then Live Together(Pics) / 8 Reasons Not To Marry A Perfectionist - Opinion / Reasons Not To Trust All Photos You See On The Internet(Amazing Photograhy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 28, 2016
layla129:

I disagree never to agree angry
I guess you failed to understand that contextually. Ease up with the angry face, you'll get wrinkles and look old fast. Plus I only stated my opinion, I didnt steal your birthday cake!

See you around, ma'am! smiley

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by iyke1989(m): 4:07pm On Apr 28, 2016
layla129:

So, if they bed each other daily, and find out they can't tolerate each other's differences, it leads to Number one isn't it?
of course!! that's the essence isn't it?...to avoid marital calamities like divorces and breakdowns in the future...compatibility is the number one key to a successful marriage!!
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by layla129(f): 4:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
asids55:

is it not better it goes south during courtship, than after they already get married??

In essence you want a perfect marriage with no hitches at all...does that exist
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by layla129(f): 4:09pm On Apr 28, 2016
iyke1989:
of course!! that's the essence isn't it?...to avoid marital calamities like divorces and breakdowns in the future...compatibility is the number one key to a successful marriage!!

Which is equal to a perfect marriage and unfortunately, it does not exist!!! smiley

Lool, sorry i didn't read this well. Just replied

Most of the flaws we sometimes term as "incompatibility" is caused by lack of understanding and counselling which i believe when you go through marriage counselling and the likes, you overcome them
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by ronald4lif(m): 4:11pm On Apr 28, 2016
layla129:

From my head sir. Just like you said, personal convictions and things i see happening around me.

It's okay if it's from your personal convictions and experience around you. But brandishing it as verity isn't true unless more information is furnished on how cohabition affects intending couples sex life and weakened their chances of getting married among other things you listed.
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by iyke1989(m): 4:15pm On Apr 28, 2016
layla129:

Which is equal to a perfect marriage and unfortunately, it does not exist!!! smiley
lol...we all know there is nothing like "a perfect marriage"...compatibility here means weighing the good over the bad and deciding to to contently settle....
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by asids55: 4:17pm On Apr 28, 2016
layla129:

In essence you want a perfect marriage with no hitches at all...does that exist

na..am not saying that..my point is that couples go through courtship to know how they can tolerate each other so strange behaviors don't become new when they get married
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by hifaif1: 4:18pm On Apr 28, 2016
layla129:
To a lot of people, it seems to make sense that a wise step in knowing if you are compatible to marry would be to "test run" your relationship by living together first. But, is it really as good of an idea as it seems like it would be?

Why living together before marriage is a bad idea:

1. Those are who live together are least likely to marry each other.

2. You lose the excitement and thrill the honeymoon will bring.

3. While many women look at it as a stepping stone to marriage, most men look at it for convenience and not firm commitment.

4. Those who live together have higher divorce and separation rates.

5. Those who live together do not experience the best sex.

6. Those who live together, have more disagreement, fights and violence.

7. Many times, people who live together before getting married, upset their families or friends who have strict religious beliefs. It can create a rift in the family which can be difficult to repair.

Between, I love this weather....uhhh. If you're cold, cover yourself with the Blood of Jesus grin

Nice one, my child!!! Preach it!!! Shout it on the rooftop so they can all become celibates!!! It is only in doing this, that we can meet the 20, 000 monk and nun target!!!
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by layla129(f): 4:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
asids55:

na..am not saying that..my point is that couples go through courtship to know how they can tolerate each other so strange behaviors don't become new when they get married

Courtship you say not COHABITATION
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by ronald4lif(m): 4:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
You intend to spend your lives together with someone and same time strike against cohab which serves as a lush ground to get to know them. How anyone want to take such a lifetime decision with someone they have limited information of their gloomy habits is really worrisome.
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by layla129(f): 4:21pm On Apr 28, 2016
hifaif1:

Nice one, my child!!! Preach it!!! Shout it on the rooftop so they can all become celibates!!! It is only in doing this, that we can meet the 20, 000 monk and nun target!!!

Lol, pray for me father grin. Between, you and who is meeting nun target ? angry
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by Chimezie198(m): 4:23pm On Apr 28, 2016
if u like go stay for Jericho while ur partner stays at Babylon... beta carry ur load go stay in dis same place in order to knw d kinda person ur dating.. na so person dey take marry olosho keep for house.
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by iyke1989(m): 4:25pm On Apr 28, 2016
layla129:

Lool, sorry i didn't read this well. Just replied

Most of the flaws we sometimes term as "incompatibility" is caused by lack of understanding and counselling which i believe when you go through marriage counselling and the likes, you overcome them
hehehe....now u confusing it all...
Incompatibility:
boy: I can't stand seeing my family eating rice
girl: I can't stand a man who doesn't eat rice..
Counselling:
husband: I used to eat rice but stopped and I want all FAM members to stop as well
wife:can't stop eating rice now because of u
Counsellor: .................

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by layla129(f): 4:25pm On Apr 28, 2016
ronald4lif:
You intend to spend your lives together with someone and same time strike against cohab which serves as a lush ground to get to know them. How anyone want to take such a lifetime decision with someone they have limited information of their gloomy habits is really worrisome.

Limited info Is that not the essence of courtship? Then what information did you gather that made you want to marry her?

You must have gathered enough info to make you take the decision you want to get married to that person.
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by layla129(f): 4:26pm On Apr 28, 2016
iyke1989:
hehehe....now u confusing it all...
Incompatibility:
boy: I can't stand seeing my family eating rice
girl: I can't stand a man who doesn't eat rice..
Counselling:
husband: I used to eat rice but stopped and I want all FAM members to stop as well
wife:can't stop eating rice now because of u
Counsellor: .................

Counsellor: f you want to breakup on rice issue go ahead...peace

COHABITING is bad...ayam tired of arguing with you!
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by iyke1989(m): 4:33pm On Apr 28, 2016
layla129:

Counsellor: f you want to breakup on rice issue go ahead...peace

COHABITING is bad...ayam tired of arguing with you!
Lmao...last last ur head no correct! grin
...says the gal who visits bf on weekends..he he..
we are in the modern age .. no cloaks, no sandals....we rocking Tomford And Airs!!
its the Jet Age baby......its either u stay behind and get lost or u move with trend and stay sane!!
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by ronald4lif(m): 4:45pm On Apr 28, 2016
layla129:

Limited info Is that not the essence of courtship? Then what information did you gather that made you want to marry her?

You must have gathered enough info to make you take the decision you want to get married to that person.

People's character can be misleading from a distance. There are just loads of things you can't know of a person until you live with them, their domesticated habitude will never be clear until you stay with them even if it's for a week or two. The pretence is likely to be exposed during this phase.

True you love them and want to spend the rest of your lives with them. But wanting to spend your life with someone it's different from actually settling down with them. How do you know you're compatible without assessing their domestic deportment and approach to household issues?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by Marlvin(m): 4:45pm On Apr 28, 2016
iyke1989:
we are in the modern age .. no cloaks, no sandals....we rocking Tomford And Airs!!
its the Jet Age baby......its either u stay behind and get lost or u move with trend and stay sane!!

The bolded got me #grinning
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by ronald4lif(m): 4:51pm On Apr 28, 2016
iyke1989:

Good you can see beyond her sanctimonious facade and pretense. She can't deny never visiting a guy on weekends and spending days with him. But here on NL everyone feels the need to appear decent.
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by layla129(f): 5:02pm On Apr 28, 2016
ronald4lif:

Good you can see beyond her sanctimonious facade and pretense. She can't deny never visiting a guy on weekends and spending days with him. But here on NL everyone feels the need to appear decent.

Hey, don't go using using words on me ok? You don't know me. I don't need to appear decent to prove jack to anybody especially here on Nl and i never said those who cohabit are indecent.

We can't always agree on issues. I only aired my opinion and i didn't insult anyone in the process and i will appreciate it if you don't insult me
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by asids55: 5:11pm On Apr 28, 2016
layla129:

Courtship you say not COHABITATION
courtship cohabitation all join
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by layla129(f): 5:13pm On Apr 28, 2016
asids55:

courtship cohabitation all join

Lol, i forgive you
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by layla129(f): 5:23pm On Apr 28, 2016
AirSultan:
I guess you failed to understand that contextually. Ease up with the angry face, you'll get wrinkles and look old fast. Plus I only stated my opinion, I didnt steal your birthday cake!

See you around, ma'am! smiley

Where is my portrait? Before you start speaking grammar angry
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by iyke1989(m): 5:41pm On Apr 28, 2016
Marlvin:

The bolded got me #grinning
LA Im LA grin
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by iyke1989(m): 5:43pm On Apr 28, 2016
ronald4lif:

naa....the same way Peter cant deny he denied Jesus grin
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by ronald4lif(m): 6:43pm On Apr 28, 2016
layla129:

Hey, don't go using using words on me ok? You don't know me. I don't need to appear decent to prove jack to anybody especially here on Nl and i never said those who cohabit are indecent.

We can't always agree on issues. I only aired my opinion and i didn't insult anyone in the process and i will appreciate it if you don't insult me

Never did insult you ma'am. Only saying you're insincere and not honest by discouraging cohab when you have most likely spent days at a boyfriends place in the past. If you see that as an insult, your problem not mine, sorry.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 28, 2016
layla129:

Where is my portrait? Before you start speaking grammar angry
Lol.. chill mademoiselle, chill. smiley
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by hifaif1: 10:03pm On Apr 28, 2016
layla129:

Lol, pray for me father grin. Between, you and who is meeting nun target ? angry

Bless you, my baby!!!

Actually, the target is mine to make!!! But I must commend you for taking the time to preach celibacy to these people!!!
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by layla129(f): 3:07am On Apr 29, 2016
AirSultan:
Lol.. chill mademoiselle, chill. smiley

Aii
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by pcoolioz(m): 2:24am On May 01, 2016
layla129:

Wanna share reasons If not, you should move in with pcoolioz angry

Just kidding hunnae grin

Lol what did i do now? why don't you move in with me instead? grin
Re: Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage. by JoeBlocks(m): 7:34am On May 01, 2016
layla129:
To a lot of people, it seems to make sense that a wise step in knowing if you are compatible to marry would be to "test run" your relationship by living together first. But, is it really as good of an idea as it seems like it would be?

Why living together before marriage is a bad idea:

1. Those are who live together are least likely to marry each other.
Of course! Why not save yourself pain and regret and know before hand whether you guys are compactable, than marry and have sorry, tears and blood.

2. You lose the excitement and thrill the honeymoon will bring.[
/quote]Thrill and excitement is an everyday for a couple who truly love each other. One who have lived together and know what each person likes.

[quote]3. While many women look at it as a stepping stone to marriage, most men look at it for convenience and not firm commitment.
Convenience and firm commitment comes when both party have decided they can live as one. You don't expect a man to be committed to a disaster do you?

4. Those who live together have higher divorce and separation rates.
How did you know this? I'll like to see evidence to ascertain this claim of yours.

5. Those who live together do not experience the best sex.[
/quote]LMAO! This is a lie, a very big lie at that. The best sex is the sex one have with someone who is as skilled as the person. Everyday is a new experience. wink

[quote]6. Those who live together, have more disagreement, fights and violence.
Says who? How did you know this? If I've lived together with a person for years, and I eventually marry that person, I believe the years we lived as singles would be enough for me to know and understand the person.

7. Many times, people who live together before getting married, upset their families or friends who have strict religious beliefs. It can create a rift in the family which can be difficult to repair.
Yes! Family, bunch of people who don't mind their business, they don't add a penny to your life and they still tell you how to live your life. I'll say this, any man or woman who listen to his or her family as regard doing what he or she believe to be right, will have themselves to blame.

Between, I love this weather....uhhh. If you're cold, cover yourself with the Blood of Jesus grin
Answer your pm, I'm just around the corner. wink grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys, What's Your Comment On This Deliciously Looking Hips Of This Slay Queens / Gay men are The Best Lovers / Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.