Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,249 members, 7,818,858 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance (12521 Views)

Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment / "Buratai's Dubai Property": Army Reacts To Sahara Reporters Allegation / Nigerian Army Reacts To Amnesty Report Of Army Killing 17 IPOB/MASSOB Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by jonhemma11: 6:58am On Apr 29, 2016
RE:DISQUIET IN THE WAR FRONT AS SOLDIERS COMPLAIN OF UNPAID ALLOWANCE
The attention of the Nigerian Army has been drawn to some stories going round the media circles with the title “Disquiet in the war front as soldiers complain of unpaid allowance” alleging that there was problem in the Nigerian Army due to non-payment of allowances to some soldiers serving in the North East.
In particular, they were alleging non-payment of outstanding peacekeeping operations allowance of troops that served in Guinea Bissau under the auspices of the Economic Community of West African States and operation allowances to some troops in counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency operations, among others.
The issues contained in such publications are not true nor correct. While some media treated the matter professionally, giving the military benefit of doubt and sought to know the truth, while others mischievously went to town with the false story without recourse to ethics of the profession and bothering to find out from the military.
The effort of the former is quite commendable and really appreciated, while that of the latter is quite unfortunate.
For the avoidance of doubt, we wish to inform the public that the issue of non-payment of peacekeeping operations allowance is a minor internal military administrative matter which was treated and resolved accordingly and has no bearing on the fight against terrorism and insurgency as they mischievously alleged.
It should be reiterated that the alleged non-payment of operations allowance among the returnee peacekeepers was due to administrative hitches which was solved to the point that all outstanding peacekeeping operations have been paid and the last batch payment was done last Tuesday.
As regards to payment of operations allowances, it is borne out of deliberate mischief and failure to comply with the new measures aimed at ensuring probity and accountability in the Service. All officers and soldiers are now paid their operations allowance directly into their account.
All those that did not receive theirs was due to non-compliance with the directive of giving correct account details or duplication of names due to recent postings. This has been explained to all those affected and efforts were on to rectify same shortly.
We wish to state further that those soldiers involved or complaint to the media are very few compared to the soldiers in the operation area who are working assiduously to finally clear the remnants of Boko Haram terrorists.
Majority of our troops have been receiving their allowances regularly. The very few indiscipline ones cannot be used to distract us, neither should they be used as yardstick to measure troops general well being and performance.
Already issues relating to troops welfare have been of utmost priority to Mr President and the Army leadership is doing everything possible to ensure troops' high morale.
We would like to once again thank those responsible media outfits that showed understanding and maturity in reporting issues of national defence and security professionally.
Thank you for your kind cooperation.
Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman
Acting Director Army Public Relations

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/redisquiet-in-war-front-as-soldiers.html

4 Likes

Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by Ikegift4real(m): 7:00am On Apr 29, 2016
I knew they will say these. .

8 Likes

Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by kossyablaze(m): 7:03am On Apr 29, 2016
Smh for dem

1 Like

Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by ayodotcom(m): 7:09am On Apr 29, 2016
Thank God
Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by feldido(m): 7:25am On Apr 29, 2016
As Usual... grin

10 Likes

Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by iokpebholo: 7:27am On Apr 29, 2016
Liar.

13 Likes

Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by Vision4God: 7:29am On Apr 29, 2016
Interesting
Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by lecturerdabo(m): 7:29am On Apr 29, 2016
Pls Colonel, what is the annual salary of a private soldier vis-a-vis a senator's newspaper/sleeping allowance?

Oh Lord help my nation Nigeria

Above all BABA, help our armed forces who sleep under the weather, face attacks from both real animals and human animals, abandoned thier famillies, are being killed and buried silently etc.

All for our politicians to have peace and steal!!
Collect fat pay packages while the masses suffer unimaginable hardship!!!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by chriskosherbal(m): 8:05am On Apr 29, 2016
I see
Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by emisun(m): 8:18am On Apr 29, 2016
I am yet to receive my February ops allowance..........same bank account details that I have been using to receive my payment just wouldn't get me my February ops allowance huh?...nawaoh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by worlexy(m): 8:23am On Apr 29, 2016
hmmm

1 Like

Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by Damminglola(f): 8:23am On Apr 29, 2016
End time reactions to end time allegations...... cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by demarc001: 8:23am On Apr 29, 2016
Always contradictions

1 Like

Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by Victorakats(m): 8:25am On Apr 29, 2016
When the ones who defend the sovereign state of Nigeria are not adequately motivated and strengthened by paying their allowances and salaries, how will they put their lives on the line to fight the enemies of our country?
Taking care of the security personnel is the topmost priority for any government that have great vision for her citizens.

Don't let your challenges push you into depression, don't be afraid to talk to someone who is ready to give you a listening ear.
You can talk to Amara Van-Lare on www.amaraofficial.com and you will be glad that you did!

2 Likes

Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by laprince(m): 8:26am On Apr 29, 2016
Political Army

4 Likes

Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by IrradiatoR: 8:26am On Apr 29, 2016
may God see you through. . .
those on the warfront are our eyes, they should not be denied their dues
Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by omenka(m): 8:27am On Apr 29, 2016
Most people above didn't read before commenting.

Naija!! grin
Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by SmithHumble50: 8:29am On Apr 29, 2016
Army sounding like APC

4 Likes

Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by leofab(f): 8:32am On Apr 29, 2016
Lairs in uniform..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by kechywillz(m): 8:32am On Apr 29, 2016
I know they will try to cover up

4 Likes

Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by greatbrian(m): 8:33am On Apr 29, 2016
Even without salary or any form of payment. People like me will still go to NDA and become an officer........... A real soldier don't fight because he hate what's in front but because he love what he left behind......... The army need to be restructured with men with real passion for the job not for the pay. Counter reasoning should not quote me. Because u must be for me or against me if u r for me u r right but if you are against me u have to die

5 Likes

Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by bokmal(m): 8:34am On Apr 29, 2016
Someone completed his duty months ago and when he is not paid, it is referred to as "a minor internal matter".

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by homicsblinks: 8:35am On Apr 29, 2016
I'm not surprise this is how he will come out tomorrow to tell us that they have cleared all the book harams in sambisa forest
Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by homicsblinks: 8:36am On Apr 29, 2016
greatbrian:
Even without salary or any form of payment. People like me will still go to NDA and become an officer........... A real soldier don't fight because he hate what's in front but because he love what he left behind......... The army need to be restructured with men with real passion for the job not for the pay. Counter reasoning should not quote me. Because u must be for me or against me if u r for me u r right but if you are against me u have to die
Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by Charly68: 8:38am On Apr 29, 2016
PMB must investigate the military to forestall the repeat of Badeh's legacy ..There is too much corruption in the system .Buratai should not spoil his hard earned reputation ..So also the defence chief .

2 Likes

Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by greatbrian(m): 8:41am On Apr 29, 2016
emisun:
I am yet to receive my February ops allowance..........same bank account details that I have been using to receive my payment just wouldn't get me my February ops allowance huh?...nawaoh
Are u a soldier? And if u r are I dnt think the ethics of the military supports u voicing out here on social media.......... Its unprofessional. Ifbu have a problem y not refer to the PRO of the barracks u serve

3 Likes

Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by greatbrian(m): 8:42am On Apr 29, 2016
homicsblinks:

Ewu(goat)that's what you are for making such statement
Keep ranting on social media.
Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by macaranta(m): 8:43am On Apr 29, 2016
Okay o..too many back and forths.
Re: Army Reacts To Allegations Of Soldiers Complaining About Unpaid Allowance by Owliver(m): 8:44am On Apr 29, 2016
greatbrian:
humans are social animals that are motivated by incentives. hunger brings out the animal nature in people. so no matter what passion one possesses hungry supresses all. learn that

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Shettima Gives Sallah Rams To Female Traders (Photos) / Governor Ugwuanyi In Early Lead As Archbishop Chukwuma,nwobodo Hail Peaceful Ele / State Governors, Others Consulted On Water Bill –FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.