Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment (22607 Views)

Abike Dabiri Reacts To Video Of IGP Idris Struggling To Read Speech In Kano / Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback / Dolapo Badmus Reacts To Video Of Canadian Police Giving A Lady Ice Cream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by metromediaboss: 9:05am On Dec 21, 2016
The attention of Nigerian Army has been drawn to a video clip circulating on Social Media of soldiers alleging lack of food and water.

We wish to state that the video clip was shot more than six months ago by some mischievous and disgruntled elements when 29 Task Force Brigade captured Alagarno Forest and environs in Borno State.

It is disheartening that some mischievous elements have decided to circulate it now, creating the false impression that it is a recent occurrence.

We wish to state further that the matter was conclusively investigated at the time, several months ago. The Board of Inquiry actually showed that, as at the time of the incident, the unit’s water tanker still contained water, but a soldier mischievously concealed it. That soldier was charged and punished accordingly.

In addition to the unit’s water tanker, a borehole was subsequently drilled at the location and it is still serving both the military and adjoining communities.

We wish to restate with utmost concern the continued commitment of the Nigerian Army to the total welfare of all its personnel.

You are please requested to disseminate this information to public through your medium.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Brigadier General Sani Kukasheka Usman
Acting Director Army Public Relations
December 20, 2016

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/12/army-reacts-to-video-of-protesting.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by Gegz(m): 9:07am On Dec 21, 2016
Whether na the real story or na old story... There is an element of truth in this story. God keep blessing the NA and keep them safe.

FTC..... Feels great sha

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by three: 9:07am On Dec 21, 2016
metromediaboss:
We wish to state that the video clip was shot more than six months ago by some mischievous and disgruntled elements when 29 Task Force Brigade captured Alagarno Forest and environs in Borno State.

It is disheartening that some mischievous elements have decided to circulate it now, creating the false impression that it is a recent occurrence.

apparently 6 MONTHS is not recent enough in army parlance

138 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by etenyong(m): 9:08am On Dec 21, 2016
OK. Noted
Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by SHAMHOOD(m): 9:08am On Dec 21, 2016
I believe in my country

3 Likes

Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by kstix(m): 9:08am On Dec 21, 2016
I knew there was something fishy about that video. But quick question. How did one soldier manage to conceal a whole water tanker? Evil that men do.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by ayodejijoshua(m): 9:08am On Dec 21, 2016
i beg pity those soldier

2 Likes

Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by Dedewizzy80: 9:08am On Dec 21, 2016
smiley
Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by Omeokachie: 9:08am On Dec 21, 2016
The usual denial

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:08am On Dec 21, 2016
how long can they suppress the truth sad

108 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by happney65: 9:08am On Dec 21, 2016
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by Kanta89(m): 9:09am On Dec 21, 2016
Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by Jonex123465: 9:09am On Dec 21, 2016
Really
Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 21, 2016
SHAMHOOD:
I believe in my country
are you I'll?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by gaetano: 9:10am On Dec 21, 2016
even the 6 months is still under buhari.

I really pity the soldiers in the footage o, they are going to be used as scape goats. We are really in a ZOO

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by progress69: 9:10am On Dec 21, 2016
When i saw the video, i just smiled. All.of them in that video will be charged and punished. War is not child's play.
Many people don't even know that videos of soldiers chausing civilians are always investigated and the soldiers charged and punished accordingly.
The latest one where a man was caught were military fatigue, that eas stammering, i can authoritatively tell u that thr MP in the unit they arr serving investigated the issue and they were all charged and punished.
The insinuation that soldiers always get away with everything is really wrong, they just don't publicize it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 21, 2016
three:

apparently 6 MONTHS is not recent enough in army parlance
There's a borehole in place now.

2 Likes

Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by UnknownT: 9:11am On Dec 21, 2016
They always have an excuse for any news

The Board of Inquiry actually showed that, as at the time of the incident, the unit’s water tanker still contained water, but a soldier mischievously concealed it. That soldier was charged and punished accordingly Lol..,..... How one person go take hide water tanker? grin

113 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by PIPPROF(m): 9:11am On Dec 21, 2016
as usual they will lie

and as usual zombie will believe this undecided

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by chigoizie7(m): 9:11am On Dec 21, 2016
They should keep deceiving themselves.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by kulrunsman79(m): 9:11am On Dec 21, 2016
Failed damage control!

38 Likes

Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by idupaul: 9:12am On Dec 21, 2016
Another pathetic rebuttal....there was water in the water tanker and yet a soldier could be seen giving himself a drip infusion just to ward off dehydration and two soldier were on the ground after passing out from dehydration..It's also a lie to say this even occurred six months ago because it occurred recently and was what caused the Mutiny when the Commanding officer finally arrived with water and food via an Airforce helicopter,the soldier after hydrating and eating then went bezerk and attempted to sieze the their Commanding officer before he was safely evacuated with the same helicopter

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by BuyGoats: 9:12am On Dec 21, 2016
Nigeria is a ......

Please check my signature for your Christmas goats. Thanks for your patronage so far.

1 Like

Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by YesNo(m): 9:13am On Dec 21, 2016
ok.

so there was water in the tank

but one soldier turned it off

or the soldier mischievously concealed it.

what exactly did the soldier CONCEAL ? the tank or the water in the tank ?

and what is this explanation trying to conceal ? the truth ?

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by magicminister: 9:13am On Dec 21, 2016
THESE PEOPLE MUST THINK WE ARE FOOLS OR SOMETHING REALLY CLOSE TO FOOLS.
WE SAW THE VIDEO; WE SAW THEIR COLLEAGUES THAT PASSED OUT FROM DEHYDRATION; WE SAW MEN CRYING LIKE BABIES AND YOU WANNA TELL US THAT IT WAS ALL MADE UP

WHAT DO THOSE SOLDIERS STAND TO GAIN BY LYING??

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by LEOSIRSIR(m): 9:13am On Dec 21, 2016
space booker association cool
Kanta89:
Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by kingphilip(m): 9:13am On Dec 21, 2016
And some people were claiming it's two years ago...

Its okay.. May God preserve our gallant soldiers and help them win the war against Boko Haram

If you want this war to be over soonest and Nigeria to be free once again click like

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by AZeD1(m): 9:14am On Dec 21, 2016
kstix:
I knew there was something fishy about that video. But quick question. How did one soldier manage to conceal a whole water tanker? Evil that men do.
Conceal the fact that there was water in the tanker.

2 Likes

Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by slazedeez: 9:14am On Dec 21, 2016
Okay
Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by Rainmaker69(m): 9:14am On Dec 21, 2016
This is unfortunate. The military has to understand that leadership must be by example... If the top hierarchy continues to feed on 80% of the resources then the lower ranks will fight back. Military corruption is so dangerous because the infantry and junior ranks pay with their lives.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment by lyterydim(m): 9:14am On Dec 21, 2016
I pity the souls of those who died for this country.

do you think nigeria will ever change?

Do you believe the youth is the future of tomorrow?

For me hell no ,
Am 26 years old now and our leaders are still those ruling even when my dad was still dating my mum
Not to talk of marriage!

Am working hard day and night so my unborn children can be citizen of other countries!

We as a nation has failed,
The youth the leaders of tomorrow are been used as political thugs,
While the old men whose ideas has faded,
Using the remaining 15years of their remaining life span to melt our nation.

18 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTOS: President Jonathan Arrives Washington US, Receives Massive Welcome / Obiano, Maduka, Esimone send warm felicitations to Billionaire APAM @50 / Oshiomhole Dismisses Members Of R-APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.