Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

How To Obtain Drivers License In United State Of America - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Obtain Drivers License In United State Of America (1378 Views)

Uber Loses Operating License In London / Benson Biodun Alabi's Canadian Drivers License Lost & Found At Ikeja / New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Obtain Drivers License In United State Of America by kaykad: 3:17pm On Apr 29, 2016
Dear Team,

Am currently in Virginia in the United state and i need step in other to collect drivers license, i came here with Nigerian international Drivers license. Moving around in Virginia is very difficult without a car, will appreciate any contribution. Thanks
Re: How To Obtain Drivers License In United State Of America by itstpia8: 3:21pm On Apr 29, 2016
Re: How To Obtain Drivers License In United State Of America by itstpia8: 3:22pm On Apr 29, 2016
Did you check the website of the agency that issues driver's licenses?

Or go there?

Why is nairaland your first port of call?
Re: How To Obtain Drivers License In United State Of America by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 5:04pm On Apr 29, 2016
Meet with Nigerians or any other black you find who owns a car and ask how they go about theirs'.....
Dazzit.....
Re: How To Obtain Drivers License In United State Of America by ttmacoy: 1:20am On Apr 30, 2016
Your first point of call should be the licence website for the state you are interested in as they will have all the info you need there, and there's loads of info online as well.

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/drivers/#applying.html

To obtain a VA driver's license, you will need to apply in person at your local DMV office (except for the Fair Oaks Mall office). You will need to:
Provide documents to prove your:
Identity (e.g. birth certificate, passport, government-issued ID card).
Legal presence in the U.S. (e.g. U.S. passport, permanent resident card, foreign passport and I-94 print out).
VA residency (e.g. rental agreement, recent bank statement, recent paycheck stub).
SSN, if you have one (e.g. Social Security card, paycheck stub, Social Security statement).
Name change, if applicable (e.g. marriage certificate, divorce decree, court order).
NOTE: See the VA DMV's list of required and accepted documents.
Show you've completed an approved Driver’s Ed course, if you haven't held a learner's permit for at least 60 days.
Pass the VA DMV tests:
Vision.
Knowledge.
Driving.
Pay the $32 fee.
Based on $4 per year for 8 years. In certain circumstances your driver's license may only be valid for 5 years and you'll pay the same yearly fee.
The VA DMV will send you your driver's license by mail

http://www.dmv.org/va-virginia/apply-license.php

kaykad:
Dear Team,

Am currently in Virginia in the United state and i need step in other to collect drivers license, i came here with Nigerian international Drivers license. Moving around in Virginia is very difficult without a car, will appreciate any contribution. Thanks
Re: How To Obtain Drivers License In United State Of America by kaykad: 7:16pm On May 07, 2016
Currently undergoing my Drivers license permit in Virginia, steps taken so far:

1. You must have read and understood all road sign and symbols, you can find in on the site: https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/dmv%2Dmanuals/#/manual/1/section/2/subsection/2.1

2. visited a local DMV office around you; mine was in Fair Oaks Mall office in fairfax, look for the closest DMV center around you

3. Document to bring along: SSN card, statement of account from your bank, i-20 form, your international passport, international Drivers license, school ID card, sevis i-90 form

4. You will be required to fill out a form and do eye test

5 you will then be directed to write the online test, if you pass you will be given a note for the actual physical driving test.

When you get there you will be directed by the security attendant

Best of luck, please note this is for Virginia
Re: How To Obtain Drivers License In United State Of America by Amely: 10:24am On May 31, 2023
When you get to the official website of this driving school, you will know that they can provide a huge number of services that are designed to make sure that you are well-equipped and trained during your period of learning how to drive. This driving school New York https://freecarnyc.com/passpermit is equipped with professional instructors who can ensure that you will be in good hands at all times during your classes.

(1) (Reply)

List Fun And Cool Spots In Ibadan / How Much Does International Passport Now Cost / Tls Contact Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.