Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness (49046 Views)

Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep / 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) / Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by MadCow1: 4:13pm On Apr 29, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3657477_obaofbenin300x225_jpeg6269ffc60f33ee4e6503463e660cd01e

Rest In Peace Oba Akpolokpolo 1..

May your ancestors welcome you with open hands as you take your rightful place amongst the Greats.

I wonder when UNIBEN will die though.. angry

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 29, 2016
Rip Safe trip
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by segzyogondus(m): 4:16pm On Apr 29, 2016
Give or take he died of Old age..... Jesus died and resurrected,so who b Oba abi no b King him b when him no go fit die?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Opharhe: 4:16pm On Apr 29, 2016
Na today? E don die tey jare. I knew this since they started clearing the Edaiken n'Uselu palace. I loved him so much, a very refined man and good leader .... he lived long too though his father spent a longer time on the throne. RIP Erediauwa. Oba gha tokpe re, Ise.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by 9jatatafo(m): 4:16pm On Apr 29, 2016
This is one Oba that I like so much

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 29, 2016
kenonze:
RIP.

Its only in Nigeria that people dies of unknown illness.

Its only in Nigeria that people Don't have birth and death register.

Do they have in Djibouti, Burundi, Benin Republic etc.
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by lomprico(m): 4:18pm On Apr 29, 2016
nicerichard05:
[s][/s]

Na You Kill Am? or has his death ever been announced officially by any palace chief? na wa for nigerians ooo shocked undecided undecided
leave that thing! he died since last year, dem just wan gather enuff heads before dem tell d public

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by ajoskele(m): 4:19pm On Apr 29, 2016
Niyinficient:

Kele oooooo! Oluwo asapeola, i sight u! omo, no insult our oba o! You say my babe na from the kingdom. grin Our king is second to God but can bow only to the queen of England grin (abeg, all na joke ooooo before dey tear me to pieces grin)
Haba, noh insult Benin pipo now..yu knw sey na dia we still dey go for engagement..
Omooba, I sure say yur uncle no fit bow for anybody wen e bin dey throne. Una too stubborn for dah Ekiti abeg.
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Hemanwel(m): 4:21pm On Apr 29, 2016
I am so impressed that the Benin Kingdom didn't throw their rich cultural institution to the winds.Only a few actually knew that this Oba died since last year.Nice one from the Benin people!..Unlike some whatsapp and 2go obas who bribe their ways to the throne...
Long live the Benin Kingdom!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 29, 2016
[quote author=wickedtuna post=45156378][/quote]

Dies

Thanks for drawing my attention However the statement is correct.
Dies.. .. .. plural of die (when used in sense of pattern)
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 29, 2016
RIP his highness...
COWBELLmournsWITHtheROYALfamily
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Niyinficient(m): 4:24pm On Apr 29, 2016
ajoskele:
Haba, noh insult Benin pipo now..yu knw sey na dia we still dey go for engagement..
Omooba, I sure say yur uncle no fit bow for anybody wen e bin dey throne. Una too stubborn for dah Ekiti abeg.

lol! na so. My uncle? a whole paramount ruler of Egbeoba Kingdom bow for man? agbedor! ewwo! Stubborness join our DNA for Ekiti, you no dey see the yeye Gov we i get? Wait make i climb the throne, i go toast who go be Queen of England by then.......After my Benin Princess don be my main Olori o cool

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 29, 2016
The man is old now, which one is unknown cause of death again.
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by edorhe14(m): 4:24pm On Apr 29, 2016
He died a year ago...but only insiders knew abt the news
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by ireneony(f): 4:25pm On Apr 29, 2016
he died January last year

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 29, 2016
RIP
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 29, 2016
tivta:
.. Heads will roll
RIP to those who died for the Oba to be buried
which heads will roll? That tradition of burying heads with the oba is archaic and has long been stopped.
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by osariemenk(m): 4:26pm On Apr 29, 2016
You are better remove the post, or senu you will have yourself to blame, Our Oba don't die

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 29, 2016
nicerichard05:
The Oba of Benin, Omo n’Oba Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I, is dead.

He died on Friday afternoon.

His death was announced few minutes ago by the Iyase of Benin Kingdom, Chief Sam Igbe.
The late monarch has been battling an unknown illness since last year.

http://thenationonlineng.net/oba-benin-dies/

Na wah! Na today?
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by petchi: 4:33pm On Apr 29, 2016
I hope Binis will not use human head to bury him.
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by petchi: 4:34pm On Apr 29, 2016
How many human heads will the use to bury him.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 29, 2016
wonder how many human heads were ch****d **f before the decision to announce his death. Ya Allah, save humans from humans

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 4:36pm On Apr 29, 2016
Na old age kill am. But if it is true that they kill human being just for the burial rite of Obas in Benin and Yoruba land, that is barbaric.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by babyfaceafrica: 4:37pm On Apr 29, 2016
Hemanwel:
I am so impressed that the Benin Kingdom didn't throw their rich cultural institution to the winds.Only a few actually knew that this Oba died since last year.Nice one from the Benin people!..Unlike some whatsapp and 2go obas who bribe their ways to the throne...
only a few knew he died last year?...is that suppose to be a joke?!!!!...majority knew he died before elections ....please park well!!!

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by ireneony(f): 4:37pm On Apr 29, 2016
MrPresident1:
Oba to ti w'aja tipe tipe cool

Means they have concluded ascension rights for the new king.

Oba atokpe eee.....Ise ... Oba gha to' kpere. Iseeeee

When the new Oba is enthroned, he will come to Ile-Ife to pay homage to his fathers and forebears.
your head correct so?

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by evy1(m): 4:37pm On Apr 29, 2016
owanguy:

dont allow our ancestors to strike you down

RIP d greatest king
Ancestors Ko Thunder Ni.
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by ajoskele(m): 4:41pm On Apr 29, 2016
Niyinficient:

lol! na so. My uncle? a whole paramount ruler of Egbeoba Kingdom bow for man? agbedor! ewwo! Stubborness join our DNA for Ekiti, you no dey see the yeye Gov we i get? Wait make i climb the throne, i go toast who go be Queen of England by then.......After my Benin Princess don be my main Olori o cool
lol..abeg leave Fayose..OriJ sev stubborn paz am..

Wait, yu go still marry join yur princess? I just dey luk yu wit one eye. Dat babe too fine pass make yu f up now.
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by soniburi(m): 4:42pm On Apr 29, 2016
The death of Oba of Benin to me is painful. The only monarch who never involve in politics.
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 4:44pm On Apr 29, 2016
Hemanwel:
Oga, I knew that he died last year. Only God knows why they are hiding his remains may be they want to call him back to life. Hmm... Ogboni things.
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by MrPresident1: 4:45pm On Apr 29, 2016
ireneony:
your head correct so?

Because you are a fine ghels, I forgive you. Nor try am again o, you hear kiss

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by tivta(m): 4:45pm On Apr 29, 2016
sylvalord:
which heads will roll? That tradition of burying heads with the oba is archaic and has long been stopped.

It can never stop, it is just done in secret
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 4:46pm On Apr 29, 2016
soniburi:
The death of Oba of Benin to me is painful. The only monarch who never involve in politics.
May his soul rest in peace
If I hear that Ehenden, the heir apparent to the throne won't be involved in politics because, he was once an ambassador to Poland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri / Ooni And Wuraola Visit Sultan Of Sokoto In His Palace. See Photos / Ooni Of Ife Radiates In His Newly Refurbished Palace, Amidst Marriage Separation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.