Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,277 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? (2108 Views)

Man Catches Neighbour Having Sex With His Wife On His Matrimonial Bed In Lagos / Men Can You Do This For Your Wife Or Girlfriend? Photo / Should People Be Judged By The Deeds Or Misdeeds Of Their Family Members? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by Leilah(f): 1:31am On Aug 10, 2009
Can you add your wife onto the deeds of your property? she has been studying for three years and is looking for a job. However she works part time. can you add youre wife to these deeds even though she had no financial imput?
Re: Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 10, 2009
Re: Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by sparta(f): 10:47am On Aug 10, 2009
The moment i get married, evry single thing (even to the smallest cuttlery) we purchase whether with my money or his will bear

Mr. & Mrs.

When people get married they become one!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 10, 2009
- if i purchased the property while we were married, even if she didnt work or pay anything towards it then her name should be on the deed.
- if i purchased it before i met her then the property will be included in the prenup and she wont get her hands on that property.
Re: Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 10, 2009
Re: Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by Fhemmmy: 4:30pm On Aug 10, 2009
Th properties belongs to the man and the wife, so is the names on the deeds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by Leilah(f): 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2009
Yes I totally agrree just wanted to see what men think about this. smiley
Re: Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by Nobody: 5:11am On Aug 11, 2009
people DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE, prenups can be enforced in the UK, just
read the following link and you will have an idea of what CAN be achieve with money:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/5720665/German-heiress-claims-English-court-victory-over-pre-nuptial-agreement.html

also in my views, its all down to how long you are married and if there are children involved. if i divorce my wife after 2yrs and we aint got children, she is entitled to nada but if we been together 20yrs and have some few kids then even if the house was mine prior to marriage, i will hand it to be divided as this is part of my childrens inheritance.
that she gets it or the kids gets it is the same thing.
Re: Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by Fhemmmy: 3:47pm On Aug 11, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

people DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE, prenups can be enforced in the UK, just
read the following link and you will have an idea of what CAN be achieve with money:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/5720665/German-heiress-claims-English-court-victory-over-pre-nuptial-agreement.html

also in my views, its all down to how long you are married and if there are children involved. if i divorce my wife after 2yrs and we aint got children, she is entitled to nada but if we been together 20yrs and have some few kids then even if the house was mine prior to marriage, i will hand it to be divided as this is part of my childrens inheritance.
that she gets it or the kids gets it is the same thing.

that is very true.
But if the break up was mutual and there was love, a real man will damn the law and give the woman something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by cooljade(f): 4:06pm On Aug 11, 2009
A woman is entitled to be in all deeds. even if he's not, at time of divorce, kids or no kids and no matter how long the marriage lasts, EXCEPT WHERE THERE'S PRE NUP, and as long as its a registry marriage, she's antitled to half of everything the man has (subject to negotiations and court orders) Saddly, this practice is very poor in nigeria and women end up with nothing.

She should be in every property he owns even those he aquired b4 their marriage. grin wink
Re: Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by Fhemmmy: 4:07pm On Aug 11, 2009
cooljade:

A woman is entitled to be in all deeds. even if he's not, at time of divorce, kids or no kids and no matter how long the marriage lasts, EXCEPT WHERE THERE'S PRE NUP, and as long as its a registry marriage, she's antitled to half of everything the man has (subject to negotiations and court orders) Saddly, this practice is very poor in nigeria and women end up with nothing.

She should be in every property he owns even those he aquired b4 their marriage. grin wink

i disagree with that.
Cos it is only applicable to all acquired during MARRIAGE
Re: Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by cooljade(f): 4:24pm On Aug 11, 2009
@ fhemmmy, it's not applicable to only properties acquired after marriage. e.g read the marriage and divorce of Paul MacCartney and ex wife Heather Mils. It also goes to the xtent of a man making his wife the president , vice president or CEO of a company he built years before marrying her. e.g Kimora lee simons and ex husband Russell simmons , it depends on what the man wants, but it rightly should have the woman involved in everything her husband owned before and during the marriage, even after sef. if a divorce takes place when the man is poor and the allimony is set low cos of his standard, as he get's richer the court can, at the petition of the ex wife, increase the alimony i.e. if she has custody/ joint custody of the kids.
Re: Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by Fhemmmy: 4:29pm On Aug 11, 2009
There is a gray area to all that.
Re: Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by Hauwa1: 6:19pm On Aug 11, 2009
true, it is sad system in nigeria. the woman is just sent out packing. you see a man sending his wife packing with boxes on her head and the man and family or latest/new gf rain abuses on her. shame on the nig system!

i hope women are now fighting back cool
Re: Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by Leilah(f): 7:02pm On Aug 11, 2009
Oh God imagine that,
Re: Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by Fhemmmy: 7:03pm On Aug 11, 2009
*Hauwa*:

true, it is sad system in nigeria. the woman is just sent out packing. you see a man sending his wife packing with boxes on her head and the man and family or latest/new gf rain abuses on her. shame on the nig system!

i hope women are now fighting back cool

The changes will start with just one woman
Re: Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 12, 2009
Fhemmmy:

that is very true.
But if the break up was mutual and there was love, a real man will damn the law and give the woman something.

yes indeed but if the break up is due to infidelity or something in foul from the spouse´s part then the husband might want to give her just enough for her and the kids to get by (especially if she is still seeing the culprit with whom she cheated)

there is no way i want to give my home to a woman who do not deserve it. if the children are teenagers, you can safely come up with a plan to pay the rent to an apt for she and athe kids till they are 18 which might come much cheaper than giving away that prized home of yours.

its all down to how much cash you have available and ready to spend on this matter at the time to fight it out.
Re: Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by Ben13: 10:24am On Aug 12, 2009
You guys share things in common. If you think you shouldn't add her, why add her to your bedroom.
Re: Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by Fhemmmy: 7:51pm On Aug 12, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

yes indeed but if the break up is due to infidelity or something in foul from the spouse´s part then the husband might want to give her j[i]ust enough for her and the kids to get by[/i] (especially if she is still seeing the culprit with whom she cheated)

there is no way i want to give my home to a woman who do not deserve it. if the children are teenagers, you can safely come up with a plan to pay the rent to an apt for she and athe kids till they are 18 which might come much cheaper than giving away that prized home of yours.

its all down to how much cash you have available and ready to spend on this matter at the time to fight it out.

If kids are involved, you are on the hook for child support till the kids are 18 years of age.
Re: Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 13, 2009
Fhemmmy:

If kids are involved, you are on the hook for child support till the kids are 18 years of age.

and thats what i meant by enough to get by. . . . . . . . so i an keep my humble home. i will never refuse to pay for the upkeep/education and maintenance of children but to pay for the ex to drive in a Beamer, no way Jose!!!!!
Re: Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by Fhemmmy: 4:28pm On Aug 13, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

and thats what i meant by enough to get by. . . . . . . . so i an keep my humble home. i will never refuse to pay for the upkeep/education and maintenance of children but to pay for the ex to drive in a Beamer, no way Jose!!!!!

hahahahahaha.
Nothing wrong in paying for her to drive a beamer now and she can give the beamer to the new small boyfriend and drive am pass your house.
Re: Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by nj11(f): 3:46am On Aug 14, 2009
@ Topic,

Why not ?
Re: Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by achinu(m): 12:27pm On Aug 14, 2009
Absolutely, she is my wife, tongue
Re: Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by kolaoloye(m): 1:11pm On Aug 14, 2009
@OP
capital YES
Re: Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 15, 2009
Fhemmmy:

hahahahahaha.
Nothing wrong in paying for her to drive a beamer now and she can give the beamer to the new small boyfriend and drive am pass your house.

HELL to da NO!!!!!
i might have a duty towards my kids but as for her, she can use whatever she was using before she met me. as for the kids, that they are driven to school in a Yugo or a Beamer makes absolutely no difference.
if the BF was THAT good then he should get her a Beamer LOL.
and if they pass by my yard, they should be ready for the eggs.

(1) (Reply)

A Nigerian,uwa Imafidon,graduated With 4.0 Over 4.0CGPA In University Of Texas / Is It Right For Couples To Hide Their Salaries From Each Other? / Using Your Wedding Pics As BBM DP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.