Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,350 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust (12179 Views)

See What Happened When NEPA Wanted To Disconnect Electricity From A House. Video / Man Installs Windmill To Generate Electricity, Tired Of Nigeria's Erratic Power / FG Set To Generate Electricity From Uranium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by FanYogo1(f): 4:16am On Apr 30, 2016
[size=18pt]Ogun to generate electricity from sawdust[/size]

The Ogun State Government says it plans to generate electricity from sawdust as part of its contribution towards increasing power supply in the country.

The Commissioner for Forestry, Chief Kolawole Lawal, stated this during a visit to sawmills in Ijebu-Igbo, Ijebu-East Local Government Area of the state.

Lawal was quoted as saying that the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation and Energy Commission of Nigeria, in collaboration with the state government, were working together to come up with a technology that would generate electricity from sawdust.

“The United Nations Industrial Development Organisation, Electricity Commission of Nigeria and the state government are on a project now that will convert sawdust to energy,” he said.

The commissioner stated that the state government was currently carrying out a feasibility study on the project.

Lawal also called on the saw millers not to waste sawdust, adding that even though it was seen as a waste product, it would soon become a raw material for energy generation.

He also said the state government had established three new forest ranges in addition to the existing ones as part of its efforts to curb illegal logging activities in its forest reserves.

The commissioner noted that creating new ranges in areas such as Ijebu Igbo, Ago Iwoye and Molafara became imperative in order to forestall illegal felling of trees and to ensure proper policing of the forest reserves so as to stop the illegal exploitation of the state’s forest resources.

Lawal said, “It became imperative to create or establish some new forest ranges as majority of our trees are being illegally exploited and taken to neighbouring states.”

www.punchng.com/ogun-to-generate-electricity-from-sawdust/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by Eboski(m): 4:57am On Apr 30, 2016
I they come...............
Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by TPAND(f): 5:04am On Apr 30, 2016
Instead of investing our money in sustainable power generating plans. You keep investing In Chinese experiment. How will be saw dust be generated, cutting down as many trees as possible and on Ther hand increase global warming.
Government of stack kakistocrat.

22 Likes

Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by iKarma: 5:13am On Apr 30, 2016
TPAND:
Instead of investing our money in sustainable power generating plans. You keep investing In Chinese experiment. How will be saw dust be generated, cutting down as many trees as possible and on Ther hand increase global warming.

ahahahahha, even if you invest in Nigeria's sustainable power generation for 50 more years, it won't work. If something doesn't work for 50 years, common sense should tell you to try a different avenue.

“The United Nations Industrial Development Organisation, Electricity Commission of Nigeria and the state government are on a project now that will convert sawdust to energy,” he said.

Had this been Obiana, you'd have singing praises. Don't worry, let UN and Ogun figure out the equations. In the meantime, continue to live in the darkness of Nigeria's 'power' generation wey dem don invest in for years.

19 Likes

Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by iKarma: 5:14am On Apr 30, 2016
Eboski:
I they come...............

Me self go buy land to reply you.
Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:16am On Apr 30, 2016
Nice One....
I don't hear anything about my state (Imo) again
Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by Aromas: 8:41am On Apr 30, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Nice One....

Imo and Osun state has being sold to Dantata Family grin

Concerning the project Ogun State want to carry, make una takia of Ozone layers o

1 Like

Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by oludare007: 9:18am On Apr 30, 2016
TPAND:
Germany generates from burnt tyres

4 Likes

Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by Blackfire(m): 9:31am On Apr 30, 2016
Story .... Story..... STORY.

1 Like

Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by ki02020(m): 9:38am On Apr 30, 2016
TPAND:

Sawdust are bye product na which will always be derived so long there is a functioning sawmill

Except you want a collapse of the furniture industry which will lead to further unemployment

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by 5starmilitant: 9:48am On Apr 30, 2016
Sorry amosun, I don't subscribe to these words "To, I will, I shall, about to"

Action they say speaks louder than voice

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by apcmustwin(f): 9:49am On Apr 30, 2016
Nice one
Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by Fanyogoyogo: 9:50am On Apr 30, 2016
Ogun is catching up to Lagos...... make una document all your success before noisemakers claim na dem build Ogun grin
This is how Yorubas started with Lagos, using cocoa revenue to grow Lagos.

12 Likes

Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by Moustache: 9:50am On Apr 30, 2016
Here in Pluto,we generate electricity with feaces
Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by chizzy082: 9:50am On Apr 30, 2016
To, na wetin we no for this country
Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by ZeezaRapture(m): 9:51am On Apr 30, 2016
TPAND:

If it was Obiano that came up with this ideology, you'd have praised him from morning till night.

4 Likes

Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by jazinogold(m): 9:51am On Apr 30, 2016
hmm

1 Like

Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by MARKone(m): 9:52am On Apr 30, 2016
When they start generating, they should let us know, all this "to", "will" is insulting to people's intelligence, that is those that do not have sawdust as brain.

1 Like

Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by kykhelomor(f): 9:52am On Apr 30, 2016
That's a good move from ogun state
Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by kYjelly2: 9:53am On Apr 30, 2016
Dumbasses everywhere in this country men, I'm sooooo tired.

Sawdust
Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by ATERI(m): 9:54am On Apr 30, 2016
Nothing is impossible through the mouths of Nigerian politicians.
Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:55am On Apr 30, 2016
Nice one all states need to be empowered to provide electricity for themselves and the issue of power shortage will reduce drastically
Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by SIGE(m): 9:56am On Apr 30, 2016
I have always believed that the govt dont want constant power supply for its country cos of the huge money they'll loss if stop fuelling our generators lipsrsealed
Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by wilcox(m): 9:57am On Apr 30, 2016
Less talk and show working
Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by Sunkyphil(m): 9:58am On Apr 30, 2016
[color=#770077] Hope it wont end in the media as usual[/colour] lipsrsealed
Re: Ogun To Generate Electricity From Sawdust by Empredboy(m): 9:59am On Apr 30, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Nice One....

there is no good news about your state except unpaid salaries, abandoned projects, okorocha in london train. Don't worry such news will soon come up .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate: 12 Controversies In 12 Months / Attack On Rail Track Confirm Bandits Are Terrorists — CAN / Buhari Won’t Succumb To Terrorists’ Activities - Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.