Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

The Parable Of The Ruler With A Familiar Spirit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Parable Of The Ruler With A Familiar Spirit (496 Views)

Udom Emmanuel Presents Landcruiser SUV To A Traditonal Ruler As Birthday Gift / APC AND Dogara:the Mourning Of The Return Of A Familiar Way Of Life. / Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Igbos And Who Is The Ruler..? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Parable Of The Ruler With A Familiar Spirit by OGBENIIFE: 8:06am On Apr 30, 2016
THE PARABLE OF THE RULER WITH A FAMILIAR SPIRIT
BY: ORIMOLOYE, Ifeoluwa

And HE went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick. And when it was evening, his disciples came to him saying, This is a desert place, and the time is now past; send the multitude away, that they may go into the villages, and buy themselves victuals. But he said unto them, They need not depart; give ye them to eat.
And they say unto him, We have here but five loaves, and two fishes. He said, Bring them hither to me.
And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking upwards, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.
And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the fragments that remained, twelve baskets full.
And they that had eaten were about five thousand men, beside women and children.
And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain ruler with a familiar spirit brought forth plentifully: And the familiar spirit was legionic, for it was many. And it took possession of him such that he sayeth words which are pleasant not to the eye of HIM who owns the Earth, from whom also was bestowed upon the ruler the mandate of leadership to rule the people, and to HIM the words of the ruler were filled with blasphemy. And he took unto himself the entitlements and the belongings of the people of his kingdom.
And for many years, the familiar spirit lived with him and his household, and other things that surrounded him and influenced his thought such that he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my riches? Do I purchase for myself an apartment in Dubai? Or do I pull down the walls of South Africa and build for myself an infirmary or a refinery? Lo, my cup continue to overflow in riches, do I build for myself another tower of babel?
And the ruler with the familiar spirit continued to think in his heart, seeing that the people of his kingdom might raise their voice against him if he built the hospital with their entitlements and belongings, because they have cried up unto him at a time, so that he could spare them and pay their salary. But he did not hearken to their lamentations. And in order not to provoke the anger of the people for he had said unto them, the money availeth not, he said unto himself, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I display all only hospitality and real estates, and when I do that I will bestow unto the people, rulers from their own self, who will rule with me and behave unto them as listeners, and the listeners will be s-elected in an manner which will ignite the people and make them happy again, for out of the s-election shall many obtain their survival.
So he built upon a distant land, a large infirmary from the wealth he took from the belongings and entitlement of the people, and he named it The Caring heart.
And the people sent to him delegations from within them, that they may speak with him. And among the delegations were the elders and scribes of the land, those whose spirits was lifted high towards wisdom. And they brought to him the words of wisdom that he might not perish. And he responded in voice that sounded loud even towards far away kingdoms, saying, for mine are the people, when the time comes, I shall buy them with riches, and they shall love me even more. But for now, I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine, ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
And he hearkened not to the voice of the elders and scribes of the land, in order to fulfill the prophesy of the early prophets which said, the way of the fool is right in his own eyes. And the elders and scribe looked into one another’s faces and said to themselves in low tones, is this not the man, the man from the tribe of EKIMITE who said unto us and our children, ‘I will work for you?’ But seeing that the ruler is possessed with a familiar spirit, the elders and the scribes left him and went their own way. And the ruler with the familiar spirit caused the people great suffering, and sold their belongings and the people ate of the grasses of the field which the Pharisees term as weed, and took for themselves credit, so that they might eat and shalt not expose themselves, their children and whatever that is left of them for the famine.
And the famine extended even unto the seventh year, and there was a great tribulation, and the ruler with the familiar spirit continued his ways, and stuck up wealth, riches for himself. And for seven years, the people of the kingdom mourned, for it seemed like they were in captivity. For they thought to themselves, the one who own the Earth has left us and all that is ours, and he has allowed hunger to pitch its tent with us. And the ruler made for himself images of idols including masquerade, assuming structures, and the images spelt DOME, for he was destined for doom.
Seeing the heart of the people and that of the ruler who acquired riches unto himself, HE said of him, Thou fool, this night, thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
By the time HE sayeth all these things, the multitude were asleep and were in deep slumber.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ex- Nigerian Diplomat, Hamzat Ahmadu Laid To Rest (photos) / New Pump Price And Nigerian Hypocrisy / The Labour Of Our Hero's Past. No Remembrance For Obafemi Awolowo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.