Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,249 members, 7,957,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:39 PM

Abia Orders Security Check On All Trucks Carrying Cows Coming From north - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Orders Security Check On All Trucks Carrying Cows Coming From north (726 Views)

FG Orders Security Agencies To Monitor Social Media Posts Of ‘prominent Nigerian / Osinbajo Orders Security Reinforcements After Communal Violence In Cross River / Deal With Fulani Herdsmen Attackers - Buhari Orders Security Agencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Orders Security Check On All Trucks Carrying Cows Coming From north by hayzee545(m): 9:48am On Apr 30, 2016
In view of recent spate of attack by Fulani herdsmen on neighboring states, the Abia State House of Assembly has passed a resolution asking security agencies in the state to henceforth search all trucks and vehicles entering the state, especially those carrying cows, tomatoes and onions from the North.

The motion that led to the resolution was moved under a matter of urgent public importance by the Minority Leader and member representing Bende South State Constituency, Mr Chibuzor Okogbuo.

Okogbuo expressed fear that if nothing was done urgently, the recent incident at Ukpabi Nimbo in Uzo Uwani Local Government Area of Enugu State, where more than 40 villagers were massacred and hundreds wounded by Fulani herdsmen, could spread to other parts of the zone.

The lawmakers enjoined communities in the state to be vigilant and proactive to resist and report the activities of herdsmen at the nearest police station before they wreak
havoc.

The House also urged security agencies in the state to mount surveillance and set up patrol team to keep an eye on herdsmen and watch out for weapons.

The lawmakers said that those in possession of such illegal arms should be prosecuted by security agencies, stressing that doing that will help to curb the excesses of the herdsmen and others like them.

Source:http://thenationonlineng.net/abia-assembly-wants-bound-trucks-searched/

More on http://olumoonline.com/2016/04/30/fulaniherdsmen-abia-orders-security-check-on-all-inbound-trucks-carrying-cows-others-coming-from-north/

1 Like

Re: Abia Orders Security Check On All Trucks Carrying Cows Coming From north by egalitarian78: 9:49am On Apr 30, 2016
Way to go in the interim though a total picketing against d cow meat vendors will be a better punishment. If we refuse buying such meat and resort to d more heart-health friendly fish or chicken, d backlash on d herdsmen will naturally reprogram dia brains to default settings and they will value us. U dont expect me to patronize u and at same time u kill me when I refuse unauthorised grazing in my farm. I pray most Southern govs will develop balls against these evil merchants of death. The owners of d cattles shd invest money in acquiring ranches wia they ll pay d land owners on mutually negotiated terms and then use or lease to their fellow herdsmen. When I read Bill Gates advise to Dangote to invest in ranching I sure concur dats d way to go. With all these manslaughter d Grazing Reserve Bill is dead on arrival as no community will tolerate such pseudo-occupation.

1 Like

Re: Abia Orders Security Check On All Trucks Carrying Cows Coming From north by zico530(m): 9:52am On Apr 30, 2016
Ok
Re: Abia Orders Security Check On All Trucks Carrying Cows Coming From north by michiyke2003(m): 9:53am On Apr 30, 2016
If what happened in enugu mistakenly occure in abia,wat the fulani's will encounter will be an unknown story which a prophet cannot even prophesies
Re: Abia Orders Security Check On All Trucks Carrying Cows Coming From north by Deltagiant: 9:58am On Apr 30, 2016
Very good development. One has to be alert and proactive to forestall the Fulani's usual cowardly battle style.
Re: Abia Orders Security Check On All Trucks Carrying Cows Coming From north by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 30, 2016
egalitarian78:
Way to go in the interim though a total picketing against d cow meat vendors will be a better punishment. If we refuse buying such meat and resort to d more heart-health friendly fish or chicken, d backlash on d herdsmen will naturally reprogram dia brains to default settings and they will value us. U dont expect me to patronize u and at same time u kill me when I refuse unauthorised grazing in my farm. I pray most Southern govs will develop balls against these evil merchants of death.
I'm strictly on local goat meat and fish. No time for cow or cattle meat. They can keep their meat.
Re: Abia Orders Security Check On All Trucks Carrying Cows Coming From north by ricsman(m): 10:11am On Apr 30, 2016
who are those to check them... same soldiers that are the brothers? stop the movement of cows entirely.
Re: Abia Orders Security Check On All Trucks Carrying Cows Coming From north by egalitarian78: 10:13am On Apr 30, 2016
masterchi:
I'm strictly on local goat meat and fish. No time for cow or cattle meat. They can keep their meat.
Yea brother. Personally I v started boycotting d purchase of red meat from today. Health wise d cow meat contribute a lot of unhealthy cholesterol into our system and highly unfriendly to our hearts. Local goat is a lot better though fish which contains a lot of healthy cholesterol (d HDLs) are d best.

1 Like

Re: Abia Orders Security Check On All Trucks Carrying Cows Coming From north by tuzeriouz(m): 10:19am On Apr 30, 2016
arms concealed inside a saloon car are difficult to find not to talk of trucks that are heavily loaded with foods from base to level.

(1) (Reply)

Herdsmen Attack: Police In Ekiti State Demanded 12000naira Before Response / BBC Calls SLS A Modernizing Emir As He Moves To Abolish Child Marriage, Polygamy / LMAO! APC Askes Nigerians To Rate Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.