Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,113 members, 7,835,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Field Marshal Idi Amin Of Uganda - Do you remember him? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Field Marshal Idi Amin Of Uganda - Do you remember him? (3094 Views)

President Buhari Receives President Museveni Of Uganda At The State House (pics) / Idi-Iroko Bridge That Links Osun And Oyo Collapses After Heavy Rainfall (pics) / Buhari Wears Uniform With Rank Of A Field Marshal As He Commands Army(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Field Marshal Idi Amin Of Uganda - Do you remember him? by Abbeyme: 10:17am On Apr 30, 2016
Am very certain many children on Nairaland can't ever know this once great and fearful man. He once lived and feared in Uganda (pronounced as Yuganda) of Africa.

April 11, 1979: Idi Amin overthrown

April 11, 1979, Ugandan dictator Idi Amin flees the Ugandan capital of Kampala as Tanzanian troops and forces of the Uganda National Liberation Front close in. Two days later, Kampala fell and a coalition government of former exiles took power.

In 1979, his eight years of chaotic rule came to an end when Tanzania and anti-Amin Ugandan forces invaded and toppled his regime. Amin had launched an unsuccessful attack on Tanzania in October 1978 in an effort to divert attention from Uganda’s internal problems. He escaped to Libya, eventually settling in Saudi Arabia, where he died in August 2003. The deaths of 300,000 Ugandans are attributed to Idi Amin.

Source: http://crimetimes.ng/crimehistory/april-11-1979-idi-amin-overthrown/

Re: Field Marshal Idi Amin Of Uganda - Do you remember him? by nigeriancritic1(m): 10:19am On Apr 30, 2016
Abbeyme:

April 11, 1979: Idi Amin overthrown

April 11, 1979, Ugandan dictator Idi Amin flees the Ugandan capital of Kampala as Tanzanian troops and forces of the Uganda National Liberation Front close in. Two days later, Kampala fell and a coalition government of former exiles took power.

In 1979, his eight years of chaotic rule came to an end when Tanzania and anti-Amin Ugandan forces invaded and toppled his regime. Amin had launched an unsuccessful attack on Tanzania in October 1978 in an effort to divert attention from Uganda’s internal problems. He escaped to Libya, eventually settling in Saudi Arabia, where he died in August 2003. The deaths of 300,000 Ugandans are attributed to Idi Amin.

Source: http://crimetimes.ng/crimehistory/april-11-1979-idi-amin-overthrown/
He reminds me of what Mark Twain said "if we are to build asylum for all insane, all the woods in the world will not be enough"
Re: Field Marshal Idi Amin Of Uganda - Do you remember him? by chriskosherbal(m): 10:42am On Apr 30, 2016
Idi Amin hmmmm
Re: Field Marshal Idi Amin Of Uganda - Do you remember him? by waxxydude: 10:46am On Apr 30, 2016
He was far from perfect but all he wanted was RESPECT for uganda.

Simple and short.
Re: Field Marshal Idi Amin Of Uganda - Do you remember him? by yarimo(m): 11:25am On Apr 30, 2016
He remained me of his quote. YES I AGREE YOU HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH, BUT YOUR SECURITY AFTER THE SPEECH THAT WHAT I CAN NOT ASSURED YOU
Re: Field Marshal Idi Amin Of Uganda - Do you remember him? by Abbeyme: 11:31am On Apr 30, 2016
yarimo:
He remained me of his quote. YES I AGREE YOU HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH, BUT YOUR SECURITY AFTER THE SPEECH THAT WHAT I CAN NOT ASSURED YOU

Was that his quote? I never knew!
Re: Field Marshal Idi Amin Of Uganda - Do you remember him? by Abbeyme: 11:32am On Apr 30, 2016
waxxydude:
He was far from perfect but all he wanted was RESPECT for uganda.

Simple and short.

Respect for the country by heavily devaluating their currency?

Did you watch that film - IDI AMIN?
Re: Field Marshal Idi Amin Of Uganda - Do you remember him? by waxxydude: 12:38am On May 01, 2016
Abbeyme:

Respect for the country by heavily devaluating their currency?

Did you watch that film - IDI AMIN?
They were being used and treated badly by the asians, did see what he did to the delegates of the QUEEN?, uganda was respected as at then atleast better than before he came to power.

But as i said earlier he was FAR from perfect.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: Buhari Walks Obasanjo Down As He Steps Out Of State House / This is President Muhamadu Buhari's Gcfr cv / IMT: "Institute of Madness And Torture". Atiku is Next President - Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.