Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again - Religion (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (208954 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by cloudgoddess(f): 12:52pm On May 04, 2016
gbadexy:
There are set rules in all religion of the world about orderliness and good conduct. It doesn't stop man from being selfish.
Actually, when our needs our sufficiently met and our governments are not corrupt, most humans in a society can be expected to act cooperatively. Maladaptive levels of selfishness are usually a result of unmet needs or real/percieved threats. In Japan (a mostly atheist, well-developed country with sound government) a person can put down their purse in a public place, come back in an hour or two, and it will still be there untouched. You can't say the same for somewhere like Nigeria - because people are poor and desperate here, and there is a lack of group cohesiveness due to corrupt government & other underlying societal factors, which are fixable.

Man was created with flaws in my opinion though. We are selfish and competitive in nature.
Well for one, we were not "created". Our existence was preceded by generations upon generations of pre-modern hominid species. Our selfishness & other "flaws" are precisely a result of that - we are ANIMALS. Animals with advanced prefrontal cortexes and upright motion, the two primary features that allow our incredible capabilities & skills - but still animals nontheless. 50,000 years ago before agriculture was developed & civilizations were erected, we were hunting and gathering and traveling in packs. Without being selfish and competitive our species would have DIED OUT long ago. Self-preservation was absolutely required for us to make it this far.

In the modern day many of our innate drives can be maladaptive, for sure. But there are ways to overcome that - education, mental practice, and societal progress are a few things that can absolutely help us be better for ourselves & our fellow man. No gods required.

One thing that pisses me off about the Abrahamic religions is the demonization of humans & our nature that it must employ, in order to convince us that we are so desperately in need of "saving" from some external source. All of our flaws played an important role at some point. Throwing them under the bus is spitting in the face of all our ancestors who got us here in the first place BECAUSE of their selfishness, aggression, and self-preservation. Not to mention every single positive advancement in humanity thus far has been made by HUMANS, and when we look around us we can see that altruistic, kind, innovative, and cooperative people are among us who do NOT need gods or hell threats to "keep them in line". We need to erase this dismal view of humanity religion teaches - it's poison.

The creator made us for His pleasure. For us to glorify and worship Him. It's the fact. It sounds egoist but that's the unclad truth and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
And this is a meaningful existence to you? A playtoy for an egotistical, murderous & petty invisible man? It sickens me that religion causes people to devalue themselves in such a way.

We won't be different from lower animals who aren't given much intelligence and with nothing expected from them. It's the reason they are at the same level they were billions of years ago while we were created at the same period and why they are under us.
False. Humans did not come into the picture until 200,000 years ago. Millions of species were flourishing for eons before we came along. Ever heard of dinosaurs?

And all extant animals have progressed from where they were billions of years ago - just because it isn't HUMAN-like progression doesn't mean it isn't progression. There are so many species that could easily destroy an unarmed human with reflexes & strength not even the strongest bodybuilder or wrestler could muster. Species with eyesight & hearing several times the precision & clarity as ours. Species with the ability to survive in environments none of us could bear for a day. As I mentioned earlier, the increased development of our prefrontal cortexes is the ONLY thing that makes us so unique. Other animals have their own unique & valuable features that have enabled them to survive for many more generations than our species has.

If you have slight idea how inconsequential we are in the scheme of things or how microscopically minute we are in relation to the universe, then you will appreciate better.
Like someone else mentioned, this is precisely why it would be ridiculous to assume that the supposed creator of the trillions of galaxies in this universe would be so concerned with the activities of a single species on a single planet. Especially with such petty and inconsequential details, like how/why/with whom we engage in sex, what we eat & wear, who we give our money too (which itself is a human invention). It makes no sense and is quite frankly just silly when examined from an objective eye. Yahweh, Allah, etc. are an obvious invention from 1st century human beings who had less knowledge of reality than a modern 4th grader.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by JustStardust: 1:01pm On May 04, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Actually, when our needs our sufficiently met and our governments are not corrupt, most humans in a society can be expected to act cooperatively. Maladaptive levels of selfishness are usually a result of unmet needs or real/percieved threats. In Japan (a mostly atheist, well-developed country with sound government) a person can put down their purse in a public place, come back in an hour or two, and it will still be there untouched. You can't say the same for somewhere like Nigeria - because people are poor and desperate here, and there is a lack of group cohesiveness due to corrupt government & other underlying societal factors, which are fixable.

Well for one, we were not "created". Our existence was preceded by generations upon generations of pre-modern hominid species. Our selfishness & other "flaws" are precisely a result of that - we are ANIMALS. Animals with advanced prefrontal cortexes and upright motion, the two primary features that allow our incredible capabilities & skills - but still animals nontheless. 50,000 years ago before agriculture was developed & civilizations were erected, we were hunting and gathering and traveling in packs. Without being selfish and competitive our species would have DIED OUT long ago. Self-preservation was absolutely required for us to make it this far.

In the modern day many of our innate drives can be maladaptive, for sure. But there are ways to overcome them - education, mental practice, and societal progress are a few things that can absolutely help us be better for ourselves & our fellow man. No gods required.

One thing that pisses me off about the Abrahamic religions is the demonization of humans & our nature that it must employ, in order to convince us that we are so desperately in need of "saving" from some external source. All of our flaws played an important role at some point. Throwing them under the bus is spitting in the face of all our ancestors who got us here in the first place BECAUSE of their selfishness, aggression, and self-preservation. Not to mention every single advancement in humanity thus far has been made by HUMANS, and when we look around us we can see that altruistic, kind, innovative, and cooperative people are among us who do NOT need gods or hell threats to "keep them in line". We need to erase this dismal view of humanity religion teaches - it's poison.

And this is a meaningful existence to you? A playtoy for an egotistical, murderous & petty invisible man? It sickens me that religion causes people to devalue themselves in such a way.

False. Humans did not come into the picture until 200,000 years ago. Millions of species were flourishing for eons before we came along. Ever heard of dinosaurs?

And all extant animals have progressed from where they were billions of years ago - just because it isn't HUMAN-like progression doesn't mean it isn't progression. There are so many species that could easily destroy an unarmed human with reflexes & strength not even the strongest bodybuilder could muster. Species with eyesight several times the precision & clarity as ours. Species with the ability to survive in environments none of us could bear. As I mentioned earlier, the increased development of our prefrontal cortexes are the ONLY thing that makes us so unique. Other animals have their own unique & valuable features that have enabled them to survive for many more generations than our species has.

Like someone else mentioned, this is precisely why it would be ridiculous to assume that the supposed creator of the trillions of galaxies in this universe would be so concerned with the activities of a single species on a single planet. Especially with such petty and inconsequential details, like how/why/with whom we engage in sex, what we eat & wear, who we give our money too (which itself is a human invention). It makes no sense and is quite frankly just silly when examined from an objective eye. Yahweh, Allah, etc. are an obvious invention from 1st century human beings who had less knowledge of reality than a modern 4th grader.

I could not have said this better. Touché!

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Ranchhoddas: 1:02pm On May 04, 2016
Blescyn:

Unreasonable fellow
Yeah.Whatever.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 04, 2016
wirinet:

The parts i bolded are the secrets of the so called men of gods. They use all kinds of methods to make their believers submit their will to them, then they set about fleecing them of their possessions and money and sometimes their bodies (the ladies).

The fact that you understand the methods of mind control and you did not exploit it to become a "man of god" shows you are a man of integrity and conscience. You could have easily set up your own ministry and have thousands worship you with tithes and offerings and then live extravagant lifestyle.

This your thread is a service to humanity, it will open many people's eyes and free them from the shackles of the control of hypnotists disguising as men of gods.

I totally agree with you

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 04, 2016
dankol:

Seriously bro.. you wont understand. You feel pity for those people when you meet them cos they will not believe you if you tell them otherwise. The pschology of Religion is damn to powerful on her slave subjects. Mind you some of us in the op's shoe have to play along because, we are in a religious society. My story is so similar to that of the op.. i must commend you for writing this out, i think.. i will do mine also but not on naitraland because many are still blinded. They dnt even want to see. And personally, i hate bothering myself because of some ingrate.. i let ur experience define your decision. Till date many of my spiritual protege still refer to me as pastor, some call me bishop.. any way i dnt care.. all i know is AM A FREE MAN... There is no slavery as worse than mental/psychological one... I really pity a whole lot of theists.

Part of the reasons why i remained in the closet wih people around me. I ll like to freely discuss my beliefs/ non-thereof, but the intolerant and brainwashed responses and the reception you get.... Some go as far as persecuting you.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 04, 2016
kepstone:
Whoever wrote this please permit me to say u have totally written rubbish under d influence of satanic manipulation on ur mind. How dear you come out to say such about GOD and d grace he bestowed on you to serve his body. Watch brother, you are slipping gradually to a world of regret. I may not want to expose myself , to me what u have seen is nothing in your Christian walk. Do you know how much divinity was deployed to save humanity. See the devil does not care about you all he cares if for you to land in his coven eternally. Today I went to evangelize, and I was speaking to someone not to miss heaven cos hell will not be inevitable and its eternal. I pray that GOD restores you, I love him so much that nothing in this life will change my stands on him both want I know and what I don't know. If he chooses not to answer my prayers he his still my GOD, i f I never !ake money I won't deny him. I love him GOD.

Why are religious people so defensive and full of empty threats?
If indeed you believe it is God who answers prayers and he chooses not to answer your prayers to restore the poster, how do you blame the poster since your God allowed him be what he is? Doesn't the Bible say he is an all knowing God? If he is all-knowing, doesnt it mean that he knew the poster will turn out this way?

3 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 04, 2016
freecocoa:
HardMirror, chai! I'm just pitying for you, if only you know the amount of torment that awaits you in hell, especially since god called you, blessed you with enough speaking in tongue skills and grace, what did you do? You threw it back at his face.

Hmmm, smh, if only you know.

Just continue the story o since are already here, make we kuku finish am, but I really dey weep for you.tongue

May I ask if any of you testifying about hell can prove the existence of hell?
I understand how its not easy to see logic when one is brainwashed.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 04, 2016
chubbyswit:
answering your questions wont make any sense to you bro since u're convinced within your mind that ur current disposition is the right step to take. We'll be only beating about the bush if i start typing cos you'll still end up hardened, ask the same God you loathe for wisdom first then maybe i might answer you. happy new month

lwkm or you have no answers smiley

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 2:05pm On May 04, 2016
AccidentalGenius:
lol are christians always like this? Don't you know what sarcasm is? grin
Sarcasm is cutting language: remarks that mean the opposite of what they seem to say and are intended to mock or deride.
What is the sarcasm in the below quote? Don't just throw big words feeling smart. Be smart.

lol i dont want your bearded arabian opening my pretty eyes . I'll die sure. Everyone does. And what is rapture? Is that supposed to annoy me or scare me? Go and keep praying. I hope you get a response one day. I really do
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by gbadexy(m): 2:22pm On May 04, 2016
cloudgoddess:

In the modern day many of our innate drives can be maladaptive, for sure. But there are ways to overcome that - education, mental practice, and societal progress are a few things that can absolutely help us be better for ourselves & our fellow man. No gods required.

One thing that pisses me off about the Abrahamic religions is the demonization of humans & our nature that it must employ, in order to convince us that we are so desperately in need of "saving" from some external source. All of our flaws played an important role at some point. Throwing them under the bus is spitting in the face of all our ancestors who got us here in the first place BECAUSE of their selfishness, aggression, and self-preservation. Not to mention every single positive advancement in humanity thus far has been made by HUMANS, and when we look around us we can see that altruistic, kind, innovative, and cooperative people are among us who do NOT need gods or hell threats to "keep them in line". We need to erase this dismal view of humanity religion teaches - it's poison.

And all extant animals have progressed from where they were billions of years ago - just because it isn't HUMAN-like progression doesn't mean it isn't progression. There are so many species that could easily destroy an unarmed human with reflexes & strength not even the strongest bodybuilder or wrestler could muster. Species with eyesight & hearing several times the precision & clarity as ours. Species with the ability to survive in environments none of us could bear for a day. As I mentioned earlier, the increased development of our prefrontal cortexes is the ONLY thing that makes us so unique. Other animals have their own unique & valuable features that have enabled them to survive for many more generations than our species has.

What do you think is the purpose for the existence of Man.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 2:24pm On May 04, 2016
urahara:

So lets get this straight

First u said no matter how small ur sin is u would go to hell just like no matter how bad ur disease is u ll go to the hospital

Secondly , i then said the analogy was stupid as hell is meant to make u more miserable while the hospital is meant 2 make u better.

Then u re saying that the word treatment can mean to treat u good or treat u bad

So in synopsis what u are trying to say is that

"No matter how small ur sins are ull be treated badly just the same way , no matter how small ur sickness is you ll be treated well." - Image 123. undecided undecided

i like this, you are actually attempting a logical analysis, a miracle is on the way here. It is very rare with the atheists on this forum.
Now, an analogy does not mean the same thing must apply for every aspect. Analogy deals with things being similar in SOME way(s), not in EVERY way. i could as well use an analogy with a prison, or a school. Sometimes analogies are done of people using plants and animals. The point of the analogy i made was that every sick person is attended to in the hospital, they don't say your sickness is too small, bring only HIV people or Kidney failure. In hell, it is not only big sinners that are there or that will be sent there, all sinners will be sent there. All sick people are sent to the doctor. All criminals are sent to prison if convicted, even though they have different levels of crime. All students go to school whether PhD or kindergarten. etc.
Your summary is poor and unfounded. In hell, they don't all get the same treatment. The pain of an headache is different from the pain of a crushed fermur or the pain of a sorethroat or the pain of a failed kidney. There are different degrees of pain in hell. i hope this analogy will be easier for you to understand.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 2:33pm On May 04, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I have been following this thread from page one and you were the stand-out christian until you wrote this nonsense.

Lol, the topic of hell is not very appealing and i would not deceive you into thinking it is. Many people were offended by some messages of Jesus as they were blunt sometimes and not what people expected to hear. i know many people that like God and all but don't believe his idea of hell. All sinners will go to hell, that is the truth and i hope not to colour it. The thing is this, if you do not have eternal life, you go to hell. It is not really about works. Sin is worse than a virus, an infected file is an infected file, no matter how big or useful it is. If the virus is not taken away, such file cannot be allowed into some critical infrastructure. That is how sin is. Whether the sin is small or big is not what throws you out, it is whether sin is there or not. When you are cast out into outer darkness, then you are judged according to your works, how big or how small. It is like fast foods thrashing out spoilt food or expired food, or a chemical laboratory destroying an infection like ebola. Even if it is small ebola, once it is detected, you are quarantined no matter your status or how funny or educated or rich you are. All sinners shall have their part in hell.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Ghost01(m): 2:34pm On May 04, 2016
earthrealm:

#as copied

One day a local evangelist bragged during a crusade that his God was more able than all the other gods in the town and the powers of the universe that the villagers worshiped put together. Just then, rainstorm sounds started sounding overhead, threatening the progress of the crusade. The evangelist lifted up his voice and declared with confidence that if the rains fell, then he wasn't a man of God; he would stop preaching!
Before he could finish his bluff, the rains began to hit the crusade grounds so vehemently, apparently in disregard to his declarations. The whole town left the crusade grounds to their houses, shaking their heads in disappointment and dismay.
The evangelist, so distraught and angry, packed his belongings and left the town the next day. On his way through the next town, he checked into a local drinking spot and drank himself to stupor. As he laid on the ground cursing God, an old seedy looking man tapped him gently on the shoulder.

"Man of God", the old man began. But the evangelist quickly cut in, "don't mention the name of God to me. He is fake. He is unreliable. I am no longer a believer in this God. A God who chooses to disgrace his servants. Leave me alone!"
But the old man would not let him be. He continued,"I am the fetish priest in the village you just preached at. During your one week stay in that village, you destroyed all the charms i had made on the people for 45 years. Your prayers and your words always came with some fearful fire and power. I tried so many times to eliminate you but i couldn't. My last chance came yesterday. I had loaded my gun with gun powder lying wait on the mountaintop where i had a very clear view of you. My plan was to shoot you from a distance since i couldn't get close enough to you due to the fire around you. But just when i lifted the gun, the rains came from nowhere, wetting my gunpowder and covering you in a cloud so that i couldn't even see you. All i saw was a bright man holding a sword in front of you. I was so terrified. I concluded that your God was indeed all powerful and Almighty. That is why i've been looking for you since then. I want to follow this your God!"
The ex-evangelist bowed his head in shame!

Dear friends, sometimes, it is just wise for us to believe that our Father knows the way He is taking us. We should just trust His leading. Let our boast be in the Lord, not in ourselves. If we decree a thing and it doesn't happen, let us not see it as disappointment or dishonor from the Father. Let us just believe that the Father wants his perfect will to be done in all things.
You sound like one of those who believe that J.K. Rowling is a witch and Harry Potter is a true life story.

How come the bright man the fetish priest saw was carrying a sword and not a machine gun? Swords are no longer fashionable as weapons of war, you know?

3 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 04, 2016
Image123:

i like this, you are actually attempting a logical analysis, a miracle is on the way here. It is very rare with the atheists on this forum.
Now, an analogy does not mean the same thing must apply for every aspect. Analogy deals with things being similar in SOME way(s), not in EVERY way. i could as well use an analogy with a prison, or a school. Sometimes analogies are done of people using plants and animals. The point of the analogy i made was that every sick person is attended to in the hospital, they don't say your sickness is too small, bring only HIV people or Kidney failure. In hell, it is not only big sinners that are there or that will be sent there, all sinners will be sent there. All sick people are sent to the doctor. All criminals are sent to prison if convicted, even though they have different levels of crime. All students go to school whether PhD or kindergarten. etc.
Your summary is poor and unfounded. In hell, they don't all get the same treatment. The pain of an headache is different from the pain of a crushed fermur or the pain of a sorethroat or the pain of a failed kidney. There are different degrees of pain in hell. i hope this analogy will be easier for you to understand.
WOW SO YOU HAVE BEEN TO HELL B4?? THE WAY U DESCRIBING IT PLS I WANNA KNOW MORE

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 2:43pm On May 04, 2016
frank317:

Lol... People take away different things from different event... Is that a biblical quote? But that's true anyway, yet that's the way of the world, what does your God expect when he lets the way of the world overtake events that are supposed to prove him? Different people react differently to different things and your si called almighty God does not understand this? He does not even act to counter it? He just gets Angry that someone acts like human. Well, I see this statement for what it is and it shows how different events have nothing to do with God.
And please stop that falsehood. Christians are no better than anybody. They are not special in anyway. If they like pray down fire, they all have equal opportunity to succeed in life with everybody. You can't be calling your self special yet you have a boss who is not a Christian at workplace. Or a landlord who is not a Christian. You can't live in the same uncertainty with UNBELIEVERS and still claim to be special. I know many Christians around me, there is nothing special about them, just claims to be special.

People take away different things at different times from an event. Who made that the way of the world? That is general human behaviour, do you need biblical examples or i should first prove that the Bible is the Word of God.
God does not need to be proved. People react different don't mean there are no consequences for reactions. If i react to my want by stealing and you react to your want by working hard, and another reacts by begging, should i be understood and permitted to steal? Since you expect Almighty God to understand it. Would you also understand it? If i saw your beautiful daughter, my reaction to her may be different from the reaction of five other men. Would you understand every one of our reactions? The point again is that there are consequences for different reactions and decisions.
On christians being special, don't be jealous. We are special and peculiar though many don't know it.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 2:44pm On May 04, 2016
Lilbrown007:
WOW SO YOU HAVE BEEN TO HELL B4?? THE WAY U DESCRIBING IT PLS I WANNA KNOW MORE

How much will you pay me? Go and read your books jor, you want to know more about hell.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by nynbrada: 3:01pm On May 04, 2016
NiRfreak:
Understanding that story doesn't require rocket science. If your deduction after reading the story is that: " he believes in God while writing the narrative", then there's no point waisting my time with you......done.

You are pathetic and your over burdened sense of high intelligence is irritating to say the least.

How could you quote me, only to come up with such cheap and tawdry accussation of me thinking that he still believed in God while writing those narratives of his experience as a former Christian.

- When the title of the OP, had given him away as a former pastor but now an Atheist, am i that daft not to be able to put 1 and 2 together.

- When my post was replete with sarcasm for his new found religious persuasion, are you that daft and slow on the up take, not to be able to pick that out.

Is this not the drivel of my questions, - that if those claims of miracles were true, and now he is trying so hard albeit in an unconvincing fashion, to explain away the God/divine factor; then what scientiffic rational has he got to validate the plausibility of his claims, that those miracles were wrought by mere human natural ability.

Young man don't get me inclined to believe that you are probably suffering from poor/low comprehesion disorder. Don't bother to quote me 'cos your case is looking like an irredeemable one and be dead sure i wont dignify you with further relpy.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by dragonEmperor(f): 3:03pm On May 04, 2016
And the elder said to the younger Our father is old, and there is no man left on the earth, to come in unto us after the manner of the whole earth. Come, let us make him drunk with wine, and let us lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. And they made their father drink wine that night: and the elder went in and lay with her father: but he perceived not neither when his daughter lay down, nor when she rose up. And the next day the elder said to the younger: Behold I lay last night with my father, let us make him drink wine also to night, and thou shalt lie with him, that we may save seed of our father. They made their father drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in, and lay with him: and neither then did he perceive when she lay down, nor when she rose up. So the two daughters of Lot were with child by their father. [ Genesis 19:31-36 ] It doesn’t really get much more blatant than that. The two daughters had sex with their father, Lot, in order to preserve his family line. Incidentally, this all happened shortly after they had fled from Soddom and Gomorrah which was destroyed by God for its immorality – ironic?. After the events described above, Lot had no memory of it (maybe it was the liquor) and nine months later the daughters gave birth to two sons, Moab (father of the Moabites), and Ammon (father of the Ammonites).
¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 04, 2016
Image123:

How much will you pay me? Go and read your books jor, you want to know more about hell.
HAHA THAT'S THE PROB WITH RELIGION INSTEAD OF U GUYS SHOULD JUST SAY I DON'T KNOW O U WILL COME UP WITH ONE BASELESS ASSUMPTION NOW U SAYING HELL HAS DIFFERENT DEGREE OF HOTNESS PLS WHATS UR PROOF ON THIS?? ABI U WENT THERE IN THE SPIRIT TO MEASURE IT WITH SCALES??

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 3:13pm On May 04, 2016
zeehassan2:

Part of the reasons why i remained in the closet wih people around me. I ll like to freely discuss my beliefs/ non-thereof, but the intolerant and brainwashed responses and the reception you get.... Some go as far as persecuting you.

Same here same here, atheists and other unbelievers are intolerant about me freely discussing my beliefs. Some even insist that i don't quote Bible, may God help us. Sorry may we help us.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Ranchhoddas: 3:14pm On May 04, 2016
Image123:

Lol, the topic of hell is not very appealing and i would not deceive you into thinking it is. Many people were offended by some messages of Jesus as they were blunt sometimes and not what people expected to hear. i know many people that like God and all but don't believe his idea of hell. All sinners will go to hell, that is the truth and i hope not to colour it. The thing is this, if you do not have eternal life, you go to hell. It is not really about works. Sin is worse than a virus, an infected file is an infected file, no matter how big or useful it is. If the virus is not taken away, such file cannot be allowed into some critical infrastructure. That is how sin is. Whether the sin is small or big is not what throws you out, it is whether sin is there or not. When you are cast out into outer darkness, then you are judged according to your works, how big or how small. It is like fast foods thrashing out spoilt food or expired food, or a chemical laboratory destroying an infection like ebola. Even if it is small ebola, once it is detected, you are quarantined no matter your status or how funny or educated or rich you are. All sinners shall have their part in hell.
Are you saying that there are different temperatures in the various parts of hell?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 3:16pm On May 04, 2016
Lilbrown007:
HAHA THAT'S THE PROB WITH RELIGION INSTEAD OF U GUYS SHOULD JUST SAY I DON'T KNOW O U WILL COME UP WITH ONE BASELESS ASSUMPTION NOW U SAYING HELL HAS DIFFERENT DEGREE OF HOTNESS PLS WHATS UR PROOF ON THIS?? ABI U WENT THERE IN THE SPIRIT TO MEASURE IT WITH SCALES??

i don't recall saying this, what's your proof that i said this? You've not talked about paying me BTW since you want to know more about hell. I've never met anyone like that before.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by dragonEmperor(f): 3:18pm On May 04, 2016
The bible is not for kids. It's a pornographic story book

(~_^)

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 3:19pm On May 04, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Are you saying that there are different temperatures in the various parts of hell?

Good question. i don't know the temperature of hell,lol. There are different punishments for sinners as there are different rewards for saints/believers.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 04, 2016
reasonwitme:
i am crying right now cos of u my brother.how can God allow an asset to his kingdom to wander away.....

So God allowed him be. He also allows innocent people die of huger, children die of cancer, the killing of his beloved children by Islamic militants etc
Because he is a fictional character.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by freecocoa(f): 3:25pm On May 04, 2016
zeehassan2:

May I ask if any of you testifying about hell can prove the existence of hell?
I understand how its not easy to see logic when one is brainwashed.
Yes, I'm just running an errand on earth today, I'll be going back to hell tomorrow. If that isn't proof enough, I don't know what is.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 3:33pm On May 04, 2016
freecocoa:
Yes, I'm just running an errand on earth today, I'll be going back to hell tomorrow. If that isn't proof enough, I don't know what is.

Lilbrown007, Ranchhoddas. Questions on hell's temperature may be directed to this fellow, she's self acclaimed.
Warning though, she's not legit but may have ideas.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by nynbrada: 3:47pm On May 04, 2016
Image123:

Once again, God bless you for every post here. I'm really impressed at the way you are tutoring the atheist here with far more superior wisdom.

And i'm watching them scrambling to match you and of course they can try for eternity, but they will never be able to match you 'cos your wisdom is of a divine source.

Pls keep tutoring them, while we hope and pray that those shrivelled brain of theirs could be livened and be able to recieve common sense.

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 04, 2016
jiggaz:
@ Hardmirror mehn dis your story sweet sha... but guess what, i don't believe you!! lool. How much were you paid to write such trash... We all know Atheists on dis Nairaland can go to any length to discredit Christ Jesus!! lol. But you know what? Christ is the same today, tomorrow and forever more!!!

I stand for Christ Jesus and His Finished Work on the cross!! I am not perfect but i rest on the perfection of Christ!! I dont condemn people cos i don't know God's plan for them. But one thing i like all Atheists to know is dat you are not doing God a favour by accepting Christ, whether you believe or not, He's still God and He can never change. He gave us Christ because of His Unconditional Love for us.

But if your story is really true, i bet you that God will still bring you back because the new part you towing is too dangerous for you. Satan will use you do pepper soup!! lol. Before this year runs out, you will still put up a counter thread how God restored you back!! Yes i knew it!! You are just frustrated at the moment bro, but don't worry it is well cos Christ has overcome the world for us !!

To all Atheists, i don't hate you, i love all of you!! some of you i have interacted with here are intelligent but the wisdom of the world is foolishness before God!! lol. I am intelligent too but what sets me apart is that i have a relationship with Christ as my Lord and Saviour.

To you Hardmirror God will restore you back!! You can never escape it!!! loool. It is well with you.

Does the above boldened part make sense? If you agree he is an aethiest, it implies that you know what the word "aethiest" means. So why would he need to be paid to discredit what he doesn't believe?
the rest of your comment is gibberish from a brainwashed head.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 04, 2016
francis247:
If you create something and it's not serving the purpose for which you created it, wouldn't you destroy it?

I will destroy it if its beyond my control. If I created it and have authority and control over it, then i ll be stupid to destroy it.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Ranchhoddas: 4:30pm On May 04, 2016
Image123:

Good question. i don't know the temperature of hell,lol. There are different punishments for sinners as there are different rewards for saints/believers.
How do you know this?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 04, 2016
seemples:

Abeg he's not near who you think oo...He's a jealous wannabe trying to tarnish the real pastor's image!

He can't even boldly identify himself, see?!
Even when they said they'll find him out, he said he would flatly deny his name.

Coward agbaya Hardmirror

With all the venom and bitterness expressed on this thread why should he identify himself? And why are you all interested in the identity? What exactly are your intentions?

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (90) (Reply)

The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.