Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,289 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again - Religion (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (208888 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by matrix600(m): 11:36am On May 05, 2016
Image123:

i like this, you are actually attempting a logical analysis, a miracle is on the way here. It is very rare with the atheists on this forum.
Now, an analogy does not mean the same thing must apply for every aspect. Analogy deals with things being similar in SOME way(s), not in EVERY way. i could as well use an analogy with a prison, or a school. Sometimes analogies are done of people using plants and animals. The point of the analogy i made was that every sick person is attended to in the hospital, they don't say your sickness is too small, bring only HIV people or Kidney failure. In hell, it is not only big sinners that are there or that will be sent there, all sinners will be sent there. All sick people are sent to the doctor. All criminals are sent to prison if convicted, even though they have different levels of crime. All students go to school whether PhD or kindergarten. etc.
Your summary is poor and unfounded. In hell, they don't all get the same treatment. The pain of an headache is different from the pain of a crushed fermur or the pain of a sorethroat or the pain of a failed kidney. There are different degrees of pain in hell. i hope this analogy will be easier for you to understand.
sorry to interfere in this quarrel oh wise and great one, but please how do you know that there're different levels of pain in hell, are you saying some parts of hell are hotter than some, or some part of hell the fire is milder, and fiercer in others. This is a new theory so Please ELABORATE
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 2:24pm On May 05, 2016
matrix600:
sorry to interfere in this quarrel oh wise and great one, but please how do you know that there're different levels of pain in hell, are you saying some parts of hell are hotter than some, or some part of hell the fire is milder, and fiercer in others. This is a new theory so Please ELABORATE

There's no quarrel, why do you resort to flattery? Have you not read the scriptures? The problem i have with atheists is that they want to define God,and as God doesn't suit their definition, therefore there's no God. How convenient. i know there are different levels of pain in hell the same way I know that the Sun is made up of Hydrogen and Helium. Do you know that the Sun is made up of Hydrogen and Helium?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Immorttal: 3:22pm On May 05, 2016
Blescyn:
[b][/b]

i'm not suprised....This sort of post attracts unreasonable people.
whats your point exactly
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by matrix600(m): 3:49pm On May 05, 2016
Image123:

There's no quarrel, why do you resort to flattery? Have you not read the scriptures? The problem i have with atheists is that they want to define God,and as God doesn't suit their definition, therefore there's no God. How convenient. i know there are different levels of pain in hell the same way I know that the Sun is made up of Hydrogen and Helium. Do you know that the Sun is made up of Hydrogen and Helium?
ok, i understand
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 4:02pm On May 05, 2016
matrix600:
ok, i understand

Good for you, but you did not answer my question.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 4:07pm On May 05, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy There's a freethinker's lodge. How many days do you guys have service in a week? Do you have choruses or hymns? i heard the muslims now do choruses and hymns on sundays too. When are you guys going to be beheaded and stoned with joy for your faith/unbelief?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by cloudgoddess(f): 4:23pm On May 05, 2016
Image123:
cheesy cheesy cheesy There's a freethinker's lodge. How many days do you guys have service in a week? Do you have choruses or hymns? i heard the muslims now do choruses and hymns on sundays too. When are you guys going to be beheaded and stoned with joy for your faith/unbelief?
You sure do love making false equivalences.

3 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 5:01pm On May 05, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Most child's talks are meant to ignored, not everyone that seeks attention deserves to get one at least only when they seek it with a normal reason

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by sample042(m): 5:10pm On May 05, 2016
My biggest qualms with the Christian doctrine is the assumption of God as being OMNIPOTENCE, OMNISCIENCE n OMNIPRESENCE.
perhaps, d originators/ascribers lack a coherent understanding of those features.

To me it's absurd...

[size=15]***Omnipotent (supreme), yet over a donkey years he has been at war with his subordinate, an assumed servant(Satan).

***Omniscient (all-knowing), yet he couldn't decipher that Adam and Eve can't pass his apple test.. Lol!

***Omnipresent (@everywhere same time), yet couldn't notice the ever perpetual calamity that befall Africans.[/size] What could be their sins? NO! I could be wrong, he seems more concerned with the Caucasians. lipsrsealed

There's no debate about this, Religion is simply a tool for mind control. A PROUD AGNOSTIC!

@Ruq... I hail ur intelligence.

5 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by yemmit90: 7:37pm On May 05, 2016
Greeting to the intellectual people on this great thread.

Actually,i've been having this serious arguement in my mind for the past few years about 'what actually makes up of our existence'?

Later i came to realisation that 'man is nothing outside the feeling of existence'. Hell or Heaven are not but a mere typical ancient myth to control the minds of the weaks.

Another things i discovered about life are ' Believes and Spirits'. Spirit to me is our ''conscience" or 'Knowledge of good and evil' which actually induce/prompt us to do good or bad.

Believe on the other hands, works hand-hand with our conscience. That is why prayer do work and miracle happens for those who belief in their spirits.

3 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by sample042(m): 8:16pm On May 05, 2016
wirinet:

You people are so in love with fairy tales, so much so that your whole existence is rooted in fairy tales.
Now, if God and Devil are always also conferencing to test humans on who commands more loyalty between the two of them, why disturb the rest of humanity? Let two of them get into the ring and test their powers or popularity, it has nothing to do with the rest of humanity.

Nice hit!
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by sample042(m): 8:31pm On May 05, 2016
Millex:

If you want to hurt a father deeply get his child to do the hurting for you. That's the devil's scheme since time immemorial, devil doesn't even need to force man, all he has to do is deceive, put doubt in man's heart. Then man does the rest hurting God. Why God let's devil keep doing it? His ways are not our ways nor his thoughts our thoughts. Devil is doing what he likes because God has allowed him, but be rest assured that the battle you are waiting for has been fought already and has been won.
God is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the One who Is, Was and shall forever Be. He is that He is, He doesn't need human verification to be Real.

Delusion @its peak!

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Lessonteacher(f): 9:25pm On May 05, 2016
Immorttal:
the worse is you didn't ask him to create you. i remember when i was a kid,i designed a synthetic chink where i stored live ants,my aim is to erect them a new home and 'force' them to acclimatise to it,at lenght i would put crumbs of food,some ants would be stubborn and would always run off.i did not kill them when they 'transgress' against my wish,i would simply put them right back to the chink, how much more of a "loving father"(according to the bible) who massacres his design for fun beign cognizant of the fact he made them perforate to errors.Mankind always refer to God as someone who dwell in our dimension and intelligence.This is where the delusionist that inspired the bible failed it.If it were me i would esteem God higher rather they equate him in a fractional sum.Now they want us to believe in a God they created.but their cozen was exposed.Lmao
one of the greatest mystries of human mind is that whatever u believe is true, is true, untill u believe otherwise: its only a fool says thers no God
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Millex(m): 9:33pm On May 05, 2016
sample042:

Delusion @its peak!
Ok, whatever you say.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Millex(m): 9:40pm On May 05, 2016
Two questions, to what end? Who profits from the mind control?

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Lessonteacher(f): 9:43pm On May 05, 2016
HardMirror:

If god is real, which god is the real one? Does anyone have the answer to this?
the most foolish comment ever made on this earth is '' theres no God.'' i dont believe there anything like 'atheist' i believe everybody believes there is God/s whether they are aware of it or not. The innermost part of u glorifies God whether u are aware or not, u r glorifyng God when u breath.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Alfamann: 9:48pm On May 05, 2016
Lessonteacher:
the most foolish comment ever made on this earth is '' theres no God.'' i dont believe there anything like 'atheist' i believe everybody believes there is God/s whether they are aware of it or not. The innermost part of u glorifies God whether u are aware or not, u r glorifyng God when u breath.

the most foolish comment ever made on this earth is '' theres no FSM.'' i dont believe there anything like 'atheist' i believe everybody believes there is FSM/s whether they are aware of it or not. The innermost part of u glorifies FSM whether u are aware or not, u r glorifyng FSM when u eat pasta.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Lessonteacher(f): 10:10pm On May 05, 2016
Alfamann:

the most foolish comment ever made on this earth is '' theres no FSM.'' i dont believe there anything like 'atheist' i believe everybody believes there is FSM/s whether they are aware of it or not. The innermost part of u glorifies FSM whether u are aware or not, u r glorifyng FSM when u eat pasta.
lol to that
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by stainlex(m): 12:48pm On May 06, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Actually, when our needs our sufficiently met and our governments are not corrupt, most humans in a society can be expected to act cooperatively. Maladaptive levels of selfishness are usually a result of unmet needs or real/percieved threats. In Japan (a mostly atheist, well-developed country with sound government) a person can put down their purse in a public place, come back in an hour or two, and it will still be there untouched. You can't say the same for somewhere like Nigeria - because people are poor and desperate here, and there is a lack of group cohesiveness due to corrupt government & other underlying societal factors, which are fixable.

Well for one, we were not "created". Our existence was preceded by generations upon generations of pre-modern hominid species. Our selfishness & other "flaws" are precisely a result of that - we are ANIMALS. Animals with advanced prefrontal cortexes and upright motion, the two primary features that allow our incredible capabilities & skills - but still animals nontheless. 50,000 years ago before agriculture was developed & civilizations were erected, we were hunting and gathering and traveling in packs. Without being selfish and competitive our species would have DIED OUT long ago. Self-preservation was absolutely required for us to make it this far.

In the modern day many of our innate drives can be maladaptive, for sure. But there are ways to overcome that - education, mental practice, and societal progress are a few things that can absolutely help us be better for ourselves & our fellow man. No gods required.

One thing that pisses me off about the Abrahamic religions is the demonization of humans & our nature that it must employ, in order to convince us that we are so desperately in need of "saving" from some external source. All of our flaws played an important role at some point. Throwing them under the bus is spitting in the face of all our ancestors who got us here in the first place BECAUSE of their selfishness, aggression, and self-preservation. Not to mention every single positive advancement in humanity thus far has been made by HUMANS, and when we look around us we can see that altruistic, kind, innovative, and cooperative people are among us who do NOT need gods or hell threats to "keep them in line". We need to erase this dismal view of humanity religion teaches - it's poison.

And this is a meaningful existence to you? A playtoy for an egotistical, murderous & petty invisible man? It sickens me that religion causes people to devalue themselves in such a way.

False. Humans did not come into the picture until 200,000 years ago. Millions of species were flourishing for eons before we came along. Ever heard of dinosaurs?

And all extant animals have progressed from where they were billions of years ago - just because it isn't HUMAN-like progression doesn't mean it isn't progression. There are so many species that could easily destroy an unarmed human with reflexes & strength not even the strongest bodybuilder or wrestler could muster. Species with eyesight & hearing several times the precision & clarity as ours. Species with the ability to survive in environments none of us could bear for a day. As I mentioned earlier, the increased development of our prefrontal cortexes is the ONLY thing that makes us so unique. Other animals have their own unique & valuable features that have enabled them to survive for many more generations than our species has.

Like someone else mentioned, this is precisely why it would be ridiculous to assume that the supposed creator of the trillions of galaxies in this universe would be so concerned with the activities of a single species on a single planet. Especially with such petty and inconsequential details, like how/why/with whom we engage in sex, what we eat & wear, who we give our money too (which itself is a human invention). It makes no sense and is quite frankly just silly when examined from an objective eye. Yahweh, Allah, etc. are an obvious invention from 1st century human beings who had less knowledge of reality than a modern 4th grader.

God bless you for this post!

I know my comment appears oxymoronic but I like am like that. Be free to choose any of the available gods for the blessings tho'..;-)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 06, 2016
Strawman:
Nothing you type on Nairaland will alter anybody's religious beliefs even in the slightest.

Just saying...

Speak for yourself alone. Don't generalize, because you don't know anything.

4 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by sample042(m): 8:30pm On May 06, 2016
Blescyn:
[b][/b]
i'm not suprised....This sort of post attracts unreasonable people.
And u think u r reasonable
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 10:22pm On May 06, 2016
johnydon22:

Most child's talks are meant to ignored, not everyone that seeks attention deserves to get one at least only when they seek it with a normal reason

Just wondering, is she your girlfriend? U've been sounding quite possessive for one with ideas about freedom from influence.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Image123(m): 10:25pm On May 06, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Don't you love the freethinker lodge? Do you people give offerings? When is workers meeting?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 6:54am On May 07, 2016
fake moniker and handles here, recently registered, especially that of the op,who wan back slide make me back slide o,all man to him calling, heaven nor go come down or sky shift because say one person say e nor wan serve God again
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 8:30am On May 07, 2016
leahcimzil:
believe in whatever works for you. The real question is ARE YOU MAKING MONEY? Cos if not, you dont have to bother about going to hell anyway...you are already in it

so drop this religion ish and goan make money, saw yur previous post about yur second hand car and it's lumpy seat. Go and make money man. I dont mind being a pastor...if i'm gonna cash out lol. Even Jesu did not suffer.
Anyway after all my ramble bros, all i'm saying is look inward and reflect on yur life...Were yu mking more money when yu were a xtian? if yes, sorry man you r a big fool...if no biko continue wit watever you r doing jare.
JUST MAKE SURE YOU ARE MAKING MONEY

100likes for you bro.

Wealth over everything!

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 10:35am On May 07, 2016
wirinet:

You people are so in love with fairy tales, so much so that your whole existence is rooted in fairy tales.
Now, if God and Devil are always also conferencing to test humans on who commands more loyalty between the two of them, why disturb the rest of humanity? Let two of them get into the ring and test their powers or popularity, it has nothing to do with the rest of humanity.

grin grin grin
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by leeroyzy(m): 11:59am On May 07, 2016
Dude, I started reading and got fed up because its all clear. What happened to you was sure to happen sooner or later. Faith is a choice, you may have started without deep enough understanding. I was an atheist myself, I used to laugh at how people get scammed in the name of Christianity and how people just enjoyed being tooled by so called men of God. The TRUTH is this; The number of true Christians is less than 1% of the followers, the majority of so called Christians are probably much more evil than evil itself. For that reason, almost all atheist are much more sincere, straight forward and firmer in conviction because they can see through all the scam. You may have gone through a period of doubt and uncertainty and found solace in the clear light of knowledge being an atheist offers. Since you have made up your mind on not coming back to Christianity, nothing can make you come back because nothing can oppose the will of a man, you were made with a will nothing can oppose. I just quickly want to give you something to reflect on; What's our purpose on this rock?? Here is my name; OCHE PRINCE NOAH. You can add me on Facebook, we can have a mature discussion, you will enjoy a convoy. I love truth seekers. I am an open minded Christian, make you add me on Facebook, great minds like yours are rare. Do not deny the pleasure of chatting with a personality like yours.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by joeeboi1(m): 12:29pm On May 07, 2016
Even the wisest is the dumbest!!!.. God does what he likes and can never reason like human just as animal cannot reason like human (higher animal). and remember it cost God nothing if every human perishes..
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 07, 2016
BiafranNigerian:

The quest for God is the most thrilling adventure. The moment you realize this single puzzle, everything makes sense. Experiencing Gaia (Earth) is the goal of the entire matrix. You will, as soon as you know this truth laugh at the rat race. The earth is transitioning to a higher frequency as we move to the next phase of existence, and those who cant cope are signing out to other denser frequency planets.

You need help. Smh
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 07, 2016
Mindfulness:

I am not very fond of labels subscribing me to a particular world / God view or theory and even though pantheism makes a lot of sense to me, it has its limits too.

I am familiar with the wave-particle dualism.

Where do you want me to go from here / there?

cool sounds familiar.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 07, 2016
johnydon22:

If anyone can arrange that, you know it will require funds and i also plan a refreshment item.

All for what?

Superiority contest? Smh.

Nigerians! undecided
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 8:03pm On May 07, 2016
emrain:

All for what?

Superiority contest? Smh.

Nigerians! undecided

It is a freethinker's discussion not a debate. . . we are not inviting religious people.

Just want to discuss several topics amongst ourselves and learn from each other...

I believe Shaking your head is misplaced, you should have just kept it to yourself

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (90) (Reply)

The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.