Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,634 members, 7,851,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:48 PM

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again - Religion (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (210851 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by hopefulLandlord: 8:34am On Nov 22, 2016
chrmn1:
that was the best thing He could do. The creatures that pervaded the earth were not mere humans but a mix of demonic and man as recorded in scriptures. He didn't have anything to loose as the world was filled with violence and wickedness and those creatures dominated the world, were pervading the earth rather swiftly whilst killing the human race at will

exactly!!

but bent over for them in the issue of slavery

the same slavery that made him kill all Egyptian firstborn sons?

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by raphieMontella: 8:36am On Nov 22, 2016
Caseless:
I've never read anywhere Muhammad rode a flying horse and I'm a Muslim.
its in the hadith...not the quran.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by TDIsaac(m): 8:48am On Nov 22, 2016
First I want to say that if anyone believes there is no God, do you also believe there is no devil? With all the evil, wickedness, ritual killings etc will you say there is no satanic influence in this world? Now if you agree there is evil how do you think human race will survive if there is no God to sustain the human race?
Secondly it is more logical to believe that the initial belief of past generations that there is a supreme God is okay to accept and that it is now that people are rejecting Him than to think that the past generations have been wrong and it is now people are getting it right. All the things written about God in the bible could not have been from human thoughts but divinely inspired.
Finally, with all the teachings of Jesus Christ and the bible, don't you think this world would have been a far better place if everyone lives as a genuine Christian with Christlike life of love, kindness, sacrifice and devoid of wickedness or selfishness. Also if u live your life as a born again christian and after death you find out there is no God, do you think you lose anything? You would have lost absolutely nothing but gained comfort, hope, peace and joyful life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by chrmn1: 8:52am On Nov 22, 2016
I am moved to write and write I will. The greatest challenge God faces with redeeming mankind and making the world perfect is the He has to do it with imperfect man. Believe it or not there are people God has gifted to do miracles, signs and wonders. And I'm not talking about just gift of word of knowledge that the OP seemed to have (I do not belittle this gift), im talking about healings upon healings to hundreds and thousands. If a Smith Wigglesworth or a Kenneth Hagan or an Archbishop Benson Idaho said or a Kathryn Kulhman renounced their faith, I would pause and be shocked but not one who's major gift was word of knowledge which he could have mixed with guesses and clues. People have been crippled but rose again by this Power. People have received their sights. My cousin was missing (was kidnapped) for 15 months but God told me that he was not dead when people in the family began to admit that he might be dead. You say God doesn't speak but He told me that my cousin was in the North and a day later gave me an idea by dropping a strategy in my heart which when we put to use, brought my cousin back after 1 year and 3 months. Sometimes God separates men to do certain things in the world but they go astray because of money, women and sometimes power. I know you think God is wicked but have you ever thought about the fact that even Jesus, in His majesty, does cry?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Bandeco(m): 8:55am On Nov 22, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

morals like taking another human as permanent property, passing that human to your children and children's children

beating that human to death so long that human survives for more than two days before dying?

I pity brainwashed people like you who can't see past indoctrination

I've been there anyways so I understand you cheesy
Hahahaha.. Hopefulandlord finish this subdued "intellectuals".

Mr. God, if he or she or it exist, is the most nasty and vilaineous character ever known to humanity. Mr. Hitler will chuckle at Mr. God's malevolence
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by VcStunner(m): 9:00am On Nov 22, 2016
musicwriter:
@HardMirror

Have read your story and it's quite interesting. I'll like to respond, but before I proceed let me inform you I'm no church person trying to re-convert you. Rather, I'm here to point out the misconceptions you had from the beginning and still do. Hopefully, it would help you understand better.

I'll be quoting some of your comments I find interesting.

Yes, you're right, but you don't fully understand why and why hypnotism itself works.

Nature is configured to work that way. You don't have to be a christian for that to happen. You could be a muslem, a babalawo, a monk, a celebrity, anything. If you exert that kind of influence on someone, nature will activate the person receiving such incantations to trust you and get healed. This's why Jesus Christ who had a great knowledge of how nature works emphasized faith among his followers.

T. B. Joshua use it even now, and it's not a bad thing, as long as whoever is using it is using it for good. Of course, thieves also use it to rob people by sheer threat without even wielding a gun!.

This's also the natural tool available to parents to control their children. If such natural powers doesn't exist, children would not obey their parents. It works all the time and would continue to work. Even if now as an unbeliever you go out and start attending to your former followers, it would still work, as long as they don't realize you're no longer a believer. It have nothing to do with the bible or koran or Torah. Again, it's natural.

Similar to the above, if your followers believe what you're saying is true, nature would activate it in their mind as real, even if you were deliberately telling them a lie. Nature works in a way that it's the receiver of such sermon decide whether it's real or not, not YOU. You could be a 419'ner and it would still work!. It's just nature working, it have nothing to do with the bible or koran or Torah.

Not really. But, it's almost like the above. It's the onlooker that decides whether a magic is real or not. Not the actor!!. It's not YOU that decides whether the magic is real or not. As far as the mind of the onlookers are concerned a magic is real. In the eyes of your followers your magic or incantations were real, even if you were a fake pastor deliberating fooling them. Both of you were experiencing reality in opposite sides. If your followers believed your sermon or magic were real, you are not better than them for knowing it was a fake. To them it was real, to you it was a fake. Just two sides of the same coin!!.

Indeed, science also proves so. Albert Einstein's law of relativity shows different people would have different realities depending on their position, location or speed; for instance. If we 're seated watching a live football match in a stadium, and there's a penalty kick, the spectator seated at the back of the goalkeeper sees the kick as a ball coming towards him, while the other spectator seated at the back of the opponent's goalkeeper sees it as a ball running away from him. That's one.

Assuming the match is between Nigeria and Brazil, and at the end Nigeria wins the match by 7 goals to 0, i.e Nigeria 7 : Brazil 0. The reality for Nigeria would be victory and joy, while the reality for Brazil would be loss and sadness. Each country perceiving reality at opposite sides!. These are the two different realities in this example!!.

Quantum physics also have same discoveries!. Scientists were able to get 2 correct answers for 1 mathematical question!!. Reality depends on the mind perceiving it!!. Again, YOU are not the one that decides reality for someone else. I wish I could get someone understand this, cause it's so important. That's how nature works!!.

It's all the same as above. It was the woman that experienced the reality NOT you!!. Indeed, your prayers worked as far as the woman was concerned. Or did it not work??.

I'll be so glad, if you could understand what God means and keep helping such women get back their lives.

This just a misconception. God is you!. It's up to you to pursue good for humanity using that feel good spirit. There's no other God that would solve humanity's problem than you.

Like No. 6 above, this misconception originates from your mistaken concept of God all the while you were a preacher. God wants you to do anything you can for the advancement of humanity. And when you're doing that he's doing it.

This's where you exposed your biggest misconception about God.

God is not interested in religion!. God has nothing to do with religion!!. Jesus Christ himself was not a christian neither were he a church person. In one instance he went to the church (synagogue) and began destroying the whole place because he felt they weren't doing things right.

God is not interested how many times you pray or so called saving souls for him, but how well you served humanity for good- solving those problems that threw you away from the church. Without mincing words; what this comment tell me is that you were a christian fanatics all the while, same way your friends and big pastors were and still are.

Even if God and Jesus were real and you based your entitlement on the above, God and Jesus would still have rejected you in heaven, if any. Indeed, Jesus said: "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
I think I buy your argument more than any other description of a "God". It's actually the misconception itself that has led most people to believe that you don't have to use your "higher self" to help humanity rather you are advised to be very foolish so you can find favor from infinite intelligence (God or whatever you feel better with). This singular attitude is the only explanation as to why nations who take the holy books literally have progressed more than others..

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uvalued(m): 9:25am On Nov 22, 2016
adextetoo:
hmmm brother you may not have the opportunity to choose where you will be born or which religion you will be born into but you have the opportunity to choose and decide which way is right or wrong it all boils down to choice. I am not criticising you but maybe we are wrong in one of our choice or assumption but am sure my biological father's story will help you greatly just that you need to complete your story before I say mine
pls share it so i can follow yours
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by chrmn1: 9:27am On Nov 22, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

exactly!!

but bent over for them in the issue of slavery

the same slavery that made him kill all Egyptian firstborn sons?

and I'll give you the response I gave you earlier. Just like with divorce, it never says God supports or approves of slavery. I'll quote that passage again paraphrased: 'I allowed you to divorce because it was something you wanted to do but it was not my plan but yours.' If I marry a 13 year old girl today, the best God can do for me is give me rules to live with her harmoniously, he'll never by Himself dissolve the marriage even though He doesn't approve of it personally. I wish I could use a better analogy let's do with this one.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 22, 2016
@hardmirror.

For over 40pages i have not seen an update of your story.
Are you dones or is there a new thread.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uvalued(m): 9:32am On Nov 22, 2016
HardMirror:
CONTINUATION.
MIRACLES!
Yes miracles were real to us. VERY REAL!
And yes I saw and performed a lot of miracles.
noted
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by bencarson007(m): 9:37am On Nov 22, 2016
HardMirror:

This is the problem with christians, they think they have the answers to life. What do you mean by "where I got it all wrong". So you believe you are right and other people searching for the truth are wrong?
You think others are not willing to embrace christianity if it was the truth? Why are you not an Hindu or traditionalist?
Why do you think you have the answers?

I feel sorry for you Hardmirror abi na Badmirror be ur name...even Seun is better than you...He is reasonable...you are not (no offense...I see ur posts)
Your mind is so closed and your eyes so blind that you have refused to see...(Again no offense)

I have just one question for you...what is ur belief?

Stop castigating others when they try to talk to others reasonably...(Advice)

Have you asked yourself how you woke up this morning and others of ur age group breathed their last? Do you think ur alarm clock did it...please put it close to a dead body and see...

Have you asked yourself what makes you concious as a human ?
Have you asked yourself how you know that you are you...

What do you believe...some baseless theories about God not existing and u being a master of ur fate...or what ?

Well I have just one sentence for you...'...the fool says in his heart that there is no God...'

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uvalued(m): 9:43am On Nov 22, 2016
solite3:
Judas Iscariot who av been with d Lord himself fell lucifer n his angels who have been in the very presence of God rebelled there is nothing special about ur story.moses said I place before u this day life or death but God says choose life. Jesus Christ is life he has not change neither has he condem u or anyone else.From what I av read so far u have a purpose even u urself av not discovered. speaking from experience though
hmm thats it...
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by chrmn1: 9:47am On Nov 22, 2016
No matter how people try to make light work of miracles, signs and wonders, you cannot dispute their credibility. I mean does psychology have what it takes to make a crippled man walk again. Have you been to crusades to see people on wheelchairs give up their wheelchairs and begin to walk. These things are documented so can they all be fake? It's easy for an atheist to sit in his home and discount miraculous happenings but that is not even a scientific thing to do. Why not go out there to the crusade ground and do your investigative journalism there? I would respect an atheist that does this more than the one that just says, 'it's all lies'. Now you say why dont these men of God just go to the streets and cure the mad Men? You forget that it's a gift. It's not like they have a factory where the produce miracles, the gift or the anointing just drops on them and they begin to do the impossible. Some have described it like a cloak coming over them (and I'm not referring to some good feeling/goosebumps we all have when praying and singing nicely). It's the anointing of the Spirit of God. It's a gift and it is given by the giver 'as He deems fit' or 'as He wills' as per King James Translation of the Bible.

I want to write and write I will

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Gift101(m): 9:47am On Nov 22, 2016
santori:
I remember back then 2009 in school when I encounter the first atheist in real life, this guys just have answers to every question. my first impression is, this guy is mad, sometimes I'm furious , felt like giving him a big slap on the face.

fast rack few years later I never knew he would end up being one of my best friend ever. in fact this guy is the most honest and straight forward person you can ever think of.

what I always tell those who care to listen is, you don't need any imaginary God to do good. It's just in you

The word ATHIEST... lol

Brother, do you know that whoever is not of God is of the Devil ?

In this life it's either you're in light or you're in darkness

If you say you're not of God and you're not of the Devil, you're a liar because whoever is not of God is of the Devil.

Athiest you all are of the devil. Anyone dat doesn't support God or the fact that he's existing is of the Devil.

Seun repent and come back to God.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 22, 2016
chrmn1:
No matter how people try to make light work of miracles, signs and wonders, you cannot dispute their credibility. I mean does psychology have what it takes to make a crippled man walk again. Have you been to crusades to see people on wheelchairs give up their wheelchairs and begin to walk. These things are documented so can they all be fake? It's easy for an atheist to sit in his home and discount miraculous happenings but that is not even a scientific thing to do. Why not go out there to the crusade ground and do your investigative journalism there? I would respect an atheist that does this more than the one that just says, 'it's all lies'. Now you say why dont these men of God just go to the streets and cure the mad Men? You forget that it's a gift. It's not like they have a factory where the produce miracles, the gift or the anointing just drops on them and they begin to do the impossible. Some have described it like a cloak coming over them (and I'm not referring to some good feeling/goosebumps we all have when praying and singing nicely). It's the anointing of the Spirit of God. It's a gift and it is given by the giver 'as He deems fit' or 'as He wills' as per King James Translation of the Bible.

I want to write and write I will

Have you EVER seen any of those same pastors that healed people in crusades and co, go into hospitals to perform same healing? no. Cos they know they can't do that. It's all arranged when it's a crusade.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by engrelvis(m): 9:51am On Nov 22, 2016
Y r satanic worshippers r so obsess in convincing people DAT there is no God or God is weak. U know y ?dey r afraid. Satan is always counterfeiting God.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by OLAFIMIX(f): 9:52am On Nov 22, 2016
Am not surprise, this is one of the signs of end time. 'Blasphemy' Revelation 13: 1-10 talks about this. That beast is at work, Christians beware.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by sirvvy: 9:54am On Nov 22, 2016
I have been a guest for awhile on this forum, so i decided to open an account because of this thread..

Well, many people are getting it all wrong, a clear example is the SCAFFOLD and the PILLAR. When a house is built , the scaffold are used as a temporal support to the building so that's how some Christians are , they start off all strong but with time when their faith is tested some succumb. The Pillar on the other side is the permanent Support in the building, this set of Christians are also tested but they overcome. what i wrote might not make sense to some people but a friend told this to me and i actually thought of it and it made sense to me..

The gospel is not forced to everyone but a choice.

HEAVEN IS REAL !!

#my2cents

3 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by hopefulLandlord: 9:55am On Nov 22, 2016
engrelvis:
Y r satanic worshippers r so obsess in convincing people DAT there is no God or God is weak. U know y ?dey r afraid. Satan is always counterfeiting God.

you must think you've made a lot of sense
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by engrelvis(m): 10:00am On Nov 22, 2016
Christainity is nt about man.is about yr personal relationships with God.tru d holy spirit he talks to u n direct u.when I was an undergraduate I WS a free thinker.I read spiritual books in quest to acquire knowledge .n came to d conclusion it is when u dabble into d devil domain (occult)DAT is when he will have influence on u.

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by engrelvis(m): 10:05am On Nov 22, 2016

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 22, 2016
engrelvis:

Some times I wonder.. why does Satan want to win more souls even when Jesus has commanded that many will go to hell , few will Enter heaven..

Are we not few enough to be Christians ?? don't they have many sinners captive already??

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uvalued(m): 10:07am On Nov 22, 2016
HardMirror:

I never faked speaking in tongues.
I fact it came after I learnt how important it was for a christian.
the man of God that thought us was a very honest man, he did not force anyone. He only pleaded that we earnestly seek the gift of the spirit and prayed with us. That same day many started speaking when he prayed, but I could not. I just couldn't it was all strange to me. When ever I opened my mouth I felt like I was about to say rubbish to God.
About a month after this, I was praying at home. I always loved prayer walks because it helps me pray longer. So I was pacing about the back of our house (no one can see me there or distract me, there was a farm there). And asking God to help me so I can pray in spirit. I remember the words of that man of God saying we need to have faith and just speak as the spirit leads. So I opened my mouth and spoke. It was really really strange, but I started to flow.

I can still speak in tongues till date. In fact when ever I am stressed and I need solution, I pace about the house and speak in tongues. It helps me think better.

https://www.nairaland.com/3078223/pastor-atheist-why-never-christian/5#45203754

is this not a contradiction

HardMirror:
To those who want me to skip the stories and my experiences and go straight to how I became an atheist, please be patient. The details I am giving are important has I have a lot to expose.
There are many reasons why Christianity has survived the test of time even tho it is built on lies and deep human psychology. Many suspect this but find it almost impossible to question God or his word. Some are still thinking I just became an atheist. I have been an atheist since 2011. Totally stopped praying and going to church since 2012.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by TomHagen: 10:10am On Nov 22, 2016
Again?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by chrmn1: 10:11am On Nov 22, 2016
masonkz:

Have you EVER seen any of those same pastors that healed people in crusades and co, go into hospitals to perform same healing? no. Cos they know they can't do that. It's all arranged when it's a crusade.
It's you that thinks they don't. That's your assumption. Ever heard the term, 'hospital visitation' before? The only thing I cannot guarantee is who will get healed and who will not because it's a gift and they are only mediums of channeling that gift. I witnessed one while in school (was an outreach member). It was a kidney problem. Not an instant miracle but a miracle nonetheless. Kenneth Hagin has written a lot about healings performed in hospitals.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 10:11am On Nov 22, 2016
uvalued:

is this not a contradiction

No it is not. I use the speaking in tongues for the therapeutic effect it has on my mind and thinking. Not as a prayer.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by gabe: 10:12am On Nov 22, 2016
Christians..using witches, demons,devil and he'll to whip adherents in line since forever...
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Caseless: 10:39am On Nov 22, 2016
raphieMontella:

its in the hadith...not the quran.
an authentic hadith ? grin
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Caseless: 10:40am On Nov 22, 2016
Sugarhugs:

LoL you looked for available measures to revert your Quarter pounds of weed (QP) towards me? How does this even make sense or relate to the topic,? Wasted sperm.
sugar rush !

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (90) (Reply)

The Doctrine Of The Ufos / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ / Must Read!!why And How I Became A Satanist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.