Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again - Religion (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (209507 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 2:41am On Nov 22, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Are you a satanists? shocked
YES HE IS.. AND THEY RULE THIS THREAD WITH HIS FRIENDS grin

You better don't hang around here too much else you will be converted to their unclear scattering of lives puzzle

You are WARNED!!
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by chrmn1: 2:49am On Nov 22, 2016
HardMirror:
Hello,

I am sorry I won't be able to reveal my real name. But every other detail I give are absolutely genuine.

If you were a FUTARIAN from 2007 to 2012 it's possible you know this radical dude typing this. Yes. I was a popular christian on campus because of my activities then.

I had formal Pastoral training from my home church with a certificate. (Don't want to name the church). That was before I got admission into
FUTA. We planted 2 new churches before I gained admission and was able to get the churches members before handing over to more experienced pastors.

Believe it or not, I have over 300 converts that I know of and had a book I wrote the names of my converts so has to pray for them everyday by name.

I am very sure the real number will be in the thousands, because this 300+ converts are the only ones I have their names written.

I stayed in Akindeko Hostel in my first year in Futa. I was one of those who did what we called "morning cry" everyday in the hostel. Usually from 6am in the morning. Preaching that people should repent for the kingdom of God was at hand.
I remember how I usually had clashes with the muslims at the mosque beside Akindeko Hostel.

NOTE: this is a true life story and all I say is nothing but the absolute truth. More of this story is to come.
You can follow for updates

Continued here: https://www.nairaland.com/3078223/pastor-atheist-why-never-christian#45183472
Few points from me:
1. OP has not told us the real motivation for denouncing his faith. Those unanswered questions he highlighted are excuses at best. Usually there are deeper issues. Examples are loss of a loved one or similar painful experiences and also the need to be 'free'. As is evident from OPs post, Hard mirror is now a lover of the romance section on Nairaland. This is something he wouldn't be able to freely do were he still a Christian. All he needed to do was question some Bible beliefs, get some books that support the idea of atheism and do his best to douse every voice of guilt in his conscience. I do not doubt that once upon a time he was 'on fire for God' but let's be logical, he renounced his faith so easily after failing to heal a blind man and some beliefs not adding up. Common! There was a part of the story OP has hidden from us. Heard a story about Rev. King how that he was genuinely a God follower in his school days but something happened along the way. Its very possible and is no biggie. No matter how great one has done stuff in God's name, when greed comes in or the need to gratify oneself with money, power, WOMEN, etc, then all the person needs to do is find justifications to thrash those ideas he/she once held dear. It's not like atheism has made him more helpful to humanity. In fact if he had gone ahead ministering to people, I'm sure he would have helped humanity better, even though he says it was all human (undivine, if you like). So the undivine healing he had brought to at least a few was not a bad thing if you ask me. In order words, if you heal people through human means as you claim, the fact is they are being healed even if you mistook the source. It's more helpful to humanity. Let me borrow a NLand term: who your atheism epp?? Mark the word -- Selfishness. This is the very root of atheism

2. I'm glad the way Image123 and KingEbuka put the OP where he belongs. They owned the thread. OP has been practically avoiding Image123. @Image and Ebuka, I'm proud of you both but your Dad is even more proud. You placed this thread in its rightful place

3. I'm anything but perfect but when I witnessed Archbishop Idahosa raise a cripple in one of his crusades back in the day, I was in awe. I thought I was watching TV. The memory still vivid in my head, even if I wanted to doubt, I just couldn't. There have been times in my life I secretly wish there was no God but it wouldn't add up.

4. Atheism gives the impression that they hold no belief system (in the manner of organized religion). Truth is they believe in something. Even though the explanation of how the universe came to be seems unscientific, they still hold on to it. If you say, okay maybe this was a point in the process not the beginning, they don't usually agree. Scientific explanations have not solved the question of abiogenesis but atheists still trust whatever it claims to be the explanation of how the universe started. This tells me that people first believe with their hearts and then rationalize with their heads and not the other way round or how do you explain believing the most scientific explanation that doesn't make scientific sense?

5. So my dear you're not the first spirokoko to abandon the faith, and I don't think you will be the last. Even Paul the apostle highlighted the possibility of same happening to him, and in Hebrews 6 (I'm sure you have not forgotten all your Bible passages, lol), the possibility of one who has seen times 1000 of whatever you have been privileged to see, was mentioned.

STAY SAFE AND TAKE CARE BRO

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by SavoG(f): 3:05am On Nov 22, 2016
[b][/b]WHATEVER!!!
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Tonason: 5:49am On Nov 22, 2016
I am more interested to hear that your father's story than this fellow that Satan has decived.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Eguaikide(m): 6:17am On Nov 22, 2016
The single problem with atheist is that they wanted to know everything but eventually got confused about everything! Christianity is so very simple- it teaches morals! All other things like speaking in tongues and preaching fasting praying ceaselessly are just a plus! If you want to be a Christian try live a life of high moral standards! Stop seeing any human as a demigod, believe in that God you're not seeing but hearing about, and just look at all the pastors and preachers as teachers, respect them but don't worship them.
That's all.

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by kentycom(m): 6:35am On Nov 22, 2016
Helo Mr guy with no real name,

I greet u, honestly speaking i took my time to read ur writings about the experienced u had before changing to atheist. Frankly, I respect ur decision, i have seen how u pray fervently, with the fasting and all of that.. Very nice.
But let me tell u something, you said there is no witchcraft, no powers here on earth, hmmm, this is a very pronounce lies. Seriously i am not arguing with you, but how do you think this ritualist make their money. How do you think this boys that stood face to face with police to exchange bullet didnt die, but where forming odeshy. How do you think this fake pastors will tell u the exact problem u had, but no solution.

My brother, from ur experiences, u were almost there. But anxiety and and your curiosity made u to conclude that God does not exist. Hmmm very interesting..

My brother, God the father dispensations has passed, God the Son dispensation has passed, we are still operating the dispensation of the Holy Spirit. So everything we do now is by faith. Listen am not quoting any scripture for you. Also i know you know this.

Now listen attentively, I dont practice religion, i dont believe in what pastors says until i confirm them myself. See i dont fast, i dont even have that time, fast for what. See i help myself, i pay my tithe the way i feel like paying. See no body force me to do anything outside my my own will.

Listen about miracles, let me tell you that you wanted to operate outside your gift. Ur gift was specify, Word of knowledge specifically, i bet u, u have seen how God used you, concerning your gift.

Listen, the gift of working miracles and healing is very rare now, because of the pride and self exaltation involved, and how the person will feel, let me tell you, no matter how spirited you are, if you are not humble to the extent of seeing yourself as nothing, God can not give you the gift.

Now take note, there is man that personally took it upon himself to make findings about this so called God, Jesus to proved, if it was true, and he discovered that it is a valid fact. make your findings, am not here to mention names.

My brother, am not here to convince.you that there is God, but i want you to know that, change only occur, if something has to cause a change. Ha.. You may not understand what i meant. Dont worry, do your own findings.

Listen, I am not using scriptures in this context. But i want you to understand something, miracles is the main reason why you left the chistian fold, good for you. But to me, that is not a reason, to me the reason is that you wanted God to use you to perform miracles when this was not your gift. How logical.

My oga, u dont have the gift simple. Look for people that have this gift, and the two of you work together, well it not even easy to find such people, because some people have this gift, but they dont know, and those that dont have, claims to have. Hmmm very interesting.

My brother, i respect your decision as an atheist, but from the look of things you were desperate. God dont work like that. Look at the story of Abraham, u will understand what i mean.

Alright, i will only advise u here, if u want to be an atheist, fine and good, but that does not give you room to say Bleep God. Blah blah blah, if truly as you said He does not exist, why saying the Bleep to something that does not exist. Good

Another, correction, why are u hiding your identity as an atheist, mehn. You should be proud of yourself.. If you r hiding, that means hypocrisy. Come out and be proud of it. Haba

My brother, am not a pastor, am nothing at all, but i understand there is a supreme being there, i always tell people, that man is not interested in this world anymore, see people keep on punishing themselves all in the name of Christianity to enrich the Pastor. I pity their conditions.

Why people behave the way the behave is because of ignorant.
Salvation is personal.

Like i said, THERE IS GOD, whether you believe or you dont believe, whether you cannot heal or you can heal, whether you are an atheist or pagan, whether you are a muslim or Hindu.
Whether you a poor man or a rich man, whether you are a mad man or a sane man, whether you a man with a womb or man without womb, whether your sister died while you were praying, whether there is medicine for the disease or not, whether in the next few years robot will take over humans, guy. Whether our forefathers did not receive the gospel or not. I SAY IT AGAIN. THERE IS GOD.

Note. I didnt use any bible quotations with you, but i believe you should be able to understand some certain fact. In this life, whatever you believes works for you.

Have a wonder day.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by tompat86(m): 6:37am On Nov 22, 2016
H2Ossss:

Reading about your christian life.. I do have my reservations.. if you like go under sea to preach or sky go preach... it does not mean you know God more than the woman in her village.. 12 hours prayer non stop? for wetin naa? Clash with muslims.. radical... stubborn... pyou obviously did not know God... no be by prayer length baba.. my prayer short pass anything but works. 12 hours prayer... abeg wetin you dey talk sef... fast like half of a year... ogbeni your own christianity na suffer head.
love the story though
*grabs chair, pop corn and fura da nunu, sits close to jonnydon and begs op not to kick me out*
One bottle of Orijin for U and one cup of Atlantic ocean

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by kayo80(m): 6:43am On Nov 22, 2016
HardMirror:
Remember this is a true life story, everything I say here is the absolute truth, only thing I have not revealed is my name, because I am still a legend in Anglican student fellowship till date, not just in futa but the whole state as I once held a state executive position.

I got to the room where she was (the president's room) there were 3 people praying for this sister. She was wringling on the floor like worm with salt poured on it. The prayer warriors were sweating and visibly tired. I got there sat down and bent over to hold her hands. Immediately I held her hand, she started screaming, but was still crying. She was behaving like someone with the spirit of pyton in her.
I started speaking in tongues. For about 30mins she was still wringling.
I shock her up, asked everybody to stop praying.
I commanded her to stop and open her eyes.
She obeyed. I asked her to seat on the other chair in the room. I could see surprise in her eyes. I repeated my instruction and she obey.
I told her whoever the spirit sets free is free indeed and God has told me she was free. That no matter what she tot, she is already free. I asked everyone to start praising God.

Now this case was peculiar. Why? I learnt something key that day. Once a human sees you as superhuman, they believe anything you tell them and people can be overwhelmed by the presences or words of people they think are directly linked with God.
If I kept praying she would have kept twisting on the floor. But I commanded the nonesense to stop and it stopped. This is not very far from how hypnotism works.
Your subject has to be highly impressionable.
This is most likely what TB joshua knows. Once you see him as an ordinary human, his words won't have any effect on you. But the moment you buy into the whole facade and open your mind to be impressionable, you will end up responding to everything such a man says and end up misbehaving

https://www.nairaland.com/3078223/pastor-atheist-why-never-christian/3#45195843

GBAM! This is the secret most Christians don't want to understand.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 22, 2016
Gboyee4fun:

lol, first my question is to Mr Hardmirror the acclaimed pastor....but to your question..God used a man of God that have started his ministry before my pastor received his own calling.

How do you know he didn't receive his own "calling"? Every pastor of a church claims, on the street, in schools et al claim they recieve God's call. Why is his own different to you?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by hopefulLandlord: 6:48am On Nov 22, 2016
Eguaikide:
The single problem with atheist is that they wanted to know everything but eventually got confused about everything! Christianity is so very simple- it teaches morals!

morals like taking another human as permanent property, passing that human to your children and children's children

beating that human to death so long that human survives for more than two days before dying?

I pity brainwashed people like you who can't see past indoctrination

I've been there anyways so I understand you cheesy

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Caseless: 6:50am On Nov 22, 2016
AleAirHub:
Thrash
let's talk about bitcoin.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Kebabs(m): 6:51am On Nov 22, 2016
Even the bible says the anti-christ is a smooth talker...
From recent events, i'm thinking the anti-christ isn't just one person but a group of sweet-talking demons.
Never listen to them!
On the last days, even the elects shall be decieved!

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by felixomor: 6:52am On Nov 22, 2016
The atheism ministry is dying and on life support.

Old fabricated articles now have to be recycled to strengthen the brethren.

SMH..... undecided
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by AleAirHub(m): 6:54am On Nov 22, 2016
Good morning sir.
Do you have any for trade or
Caseless:
let's talk about bitcoin.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Caseless: 6:55am On Nov 22, 2016
otem4eartum:
Wait a minute, does Jehovah actually look like a True God to the Christians?
He impregnated a virgin without her consent and it almost broke the relationship. (Fornication and rape)
He said is name is Jealous. (Envy; broke one of the ten commandments he wrote)
He said he HATED ESAU and loved Jacob from birth(Partiality)
He instigated the Israelites to kill the other nations(Genocides)
He sent lying spirits to the mouths of his prophets(deception)
He murdered about seventy thousand people because David their king did census(Murder)
He sent sicknesses and diseases upon the Egyptians and drowned them in the red sea(Murder and wickedness)
He led David to cut about 100 joysticks of the Philistines(Mutilation)
He sent David to kill the blind, deaf and lame because his soul hated them(Hatred and Wickedness)
He swallowed up two people who spoke against Moses.
He killed Uzzah because the guy was trying to help due to his reflex action.
He slaughtered all the people in Moab because they were hated of me.

Time would fail me to tell of how Jehovah commanded that both animals and children should not be spared but killed, all of them. JEHOVAH BAD LIKE ISLAMABAD!
Christianity has done more damage with their edited bible than good.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Caseless: 6:56am On Nov 22, 2016
AleAirHub:
Good morning sir.
Do you have any for trade or
we need to work something out. Let's connect
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Gboyee4fun(m): 6:57am On Nov 22, 2016
ollah1:

How do you know he didn't receive his own "calling"? Every pastor of a church claims, on the street, in schools et al claim they recieve God's call. Why is his own different to you?

did I said he didn't received calling? I said who ordained him ba and more so there are many like him in all schools that can pray as he did, just because of that people will start calling them names like pastor, prophet, Apostle, they too will now be thinking they are what people call them because they can shout on prayers without really understanding the enemy they are facing...by the way who are you? are you also an atheist Mr man?

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by hopefulLandlord: 6:57am On Nov 22, 2016
felixomor:
The atheism ministry is dying and on life support.

Old fabricated articles now have to be recycled to strengthen the brethren.

SMH..... undecided

Let the butthurt flow through you

don't fight it

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Caseless: 6:58am On Nov 22, 2016
johnydon22:

If the story of Noah wasn't in the bible Christians would have laughed at anybody who believed it, if the story of Harry Potter was in the bible Christians would have believed it and call anyone who don't a fool.

Don't you see how a Muslim believes Muhammed rode a flying horse but doubt other fantasies in the Christian bible that aren't found in their belief.

But a christian would still laugh at a muslim for believing muhammed rode a flying horse but they think a man flew away into the cloud and into some heaven.

That is the hypocrisy and idiocy of belief, trying to substitute emotions for evidence and faith as proof.

Blinds one to the inconsistencies of his beliefs but leaves them wide open to the inconsistencies of other belief.

Religions thrives on Fear, Blind faith, Ignorance and driven by indoctrination of these values into younger minds, if everyone asked questions like "you" did or want everyone to, we won't have up to 10% of the world being religious.
I've never read anywhere Muhammad rode a flying horse and I'm a Muslim.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by AleAirHub(m): 7:01am On Nov 22, 2016
OK Sir.
Here is my number. Zero7Zero32073067.

Caseless:
we need to work something out. Let's connect
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Caseless: 7:03am On Nov 22, 2016
Hard mirror, the story don finish?

My take: if I was born a Christian( thank God I'm not), I'd have long gone into atheism.

I won't deny the existence of God- he's too big to be put under such questions, but if something ain't right with religion, we should always point it out.

Sometimes , I love atheistic stories even though I don't get swayed by it, but they're being realistic.

God exists!
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by XtrmeBachelor(m): 7:03am On Nov 22, 2016
I know wetin dey do you grin

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Caseless: 7:05am On Nov 22, 2016
AleAirHub:
OK Sir.
Here is my number.

copied! You can modify to remove your number.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by chrmn1: 7:06am On Nov 22, 2016
19 Since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. Romans 1:19-20

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by profhezekiah: 7:07am On Nov 22, 2016
Until pple begin to get d fact strait,going to church does nt make U a christian,sleeping d garage can neva make U a car,dree is diff btw bench warmer,church goer and christian.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by felixomor: 7:14am On Nov 22, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Let the butthurt flow through you

don't fight it

Behold another evidence of the dying ministry.

A jobless atheist who creates multiple nairaland accounts to delude himself that his church is expanding.

Yeah right, tell me who is butthurt again!
cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Vello(m): 7:14am On Nov 22, 2016
nelsonoba:

Do I sound stressed to you? I'm certainly not! I don't belong to the class of some religious people who hate others and try to fight for their god. My God is not under any threat from you or anybody, He is God all by Himself, He doesn't need your approval of Him or your recognition of His sovereignty for Him to be God. What I feel is not stress, but great horror at the sight of what awaits you in eternity for the boldness to openly challenge the Almighty with the same brain and logical reasoning that He created and gave to you. One thing I know the devil for is the fact that he will use you and DUMP YOU! You are feeling cool with yourself because of the excess knowledge you think you have? Don't worry, God has seen and dealt with your type before, and your case is not new to Him. You will not be the first to deny Christ, and you will not be the last either, but like I said, by the time the devil is done using you and he feels he has no further need for your services, HE WILL DUMP YOU LIKE SHIT IS DUMPED IN A TOILET! By the time you find yourself after death in anguish and torment in hell and you see the same devil you are working for now being the one adding to your torment, you will swear and curse the day you denied Christ.

Like I said, I feel horror at what I know awaits you, not stress.
Can see you're truly stressing yourself.
What informs your confidence even you will make Heaven? Not with this your Christianity that is unlike my Christ. Your choice of words belies the faith you claim.
The guy might not totally be right but he has got points you and your so called pastors need consider. Apostacy is all over but pastors are feeding fat on corruption, hatred, wickedness... Etc
I can bet you, you're more atheist than the OP
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Mpanyi: 7:14am On Nov 22, 2016
HardMirror:

This is the problem with christians, they think they have the answers to life. What do you mean by "where I got it all wrong". So you believe you are right and other people searching for the truth are wrong?
You think others are not willing to embrace christianity if it was the truth? Why are you not an Hindu or traditionalist?
Why do you think you have the answers?

Also this is a problem with 'smart alec' like you and your ilk. What makes you think he doesn't have the answer?

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 7:20am On Nov 22, 2016
HardMirror:
Now christianity is a fantastic religion. Although we love saying christianity is not a religion (smiles), we prefer saying it is a relationship with God. I smile because these are part of the things that makes christianity seem special. (More on this later)

Many people erroneously think atheists were never good christians, or that they become atheists because they want to sin. Lol, that is absolutely wrong. It is almost impossible to be a better christian than I was. I don't joke with purity and sincerity. I fast for more than half of the year, to maintain a good level of purity and focus. (And I was damn thin too).

This is one of the reasons why it is impossible to convert me again. There is nothing anyone can say or do that shakes me.

So christians online stop thinking people are not being sincere when they say they are atheists.

MY JOURNEY TO ATHEISM BEGINS: https://www.nairaland.com/3078223/pastor-atheist-why-never-christian#45183779

While I would not call myself an atheist, I would say ur reason for becoming an atheist is because of discouragement. There might be something u were hoping God to deliver but u never got I have been der. It's natural when u give ur all and the other party does not.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by hopefulLandlord: 7:27am On Nov 22, 2016
felixomor:

Behold another evidence of the dying ministry.

A jobless atheist who creates multiple nairaland accounts to delude himself that his church is expanding.

Yeah right, tell me who is butthurt again!
cool

sounds rich coming from you who does that thing you're accusing me of

"Psychological Projection" is the name

its okay to lie, so long you're doing it for Jesus

Let the butthurt flow, let it flow

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (90) (Reply)

The Doctrine Of The Ufos / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ / Must Read!!why And How I Became A Satanist

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.