Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,812 members, 7,851,726 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:37 AM

Election Voilence: A True Life Story That Happened Today! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election Voilence: A True Life Story That Happened Today! (760 Views)

Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own / #Edodecides: Demola Olarewaju Of The PDP Calls For Voilence / Rivers Rerun: What Happened Today Between Wike And Amaechi At Mile 1 Police HQ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Election Voilence: A True Life Story That Happened Today! by medexico(m): 5:20pm On Apr 30, 2016
A member of the house of assembly died in Kano so they needed a by-election to fill the seat. So, as a Corp member we were required to conduct the election, I told my friends that I was not going to participate but they said I should that nothing will happen, to make it more sweet NYSC has already added my name to the list of participant including my KN number and my account number. I was like wow, these people are serious, so they are gonna pay? In short I decided to participate and we went for a three-day training.
After the three-day training, we rested for another two days, we were told to report to the INEC office the day before the election so they can take us to our respected units, we all gather and I met some of my camp friends.
During the training, we were told that there were mosquito nets and beds at the RAC centre where we will spend the night prior to the election so as not to be late to our polling units. Unfortunately when we got there, we were given mats and no nets what?! See liars!
More unfortunately, I did not get any mat, so a friend said I could manage with him on the mat, soon, another friend came to join us. You can imagine three people on a mat! As I was trying to sleep, one ant bit my head and I had to scratch it severally, some minutes later another ant bites my leg, I can still feel that pain on my leg as of now so in short I had a short bad night.
Re: Election Voilence: A True Life Story That Happened Today! by medexico(m): 5:21pm On Apr 30, 2016
Surprisingly, there were no mosquitoes. Around 4:14am, I heard the call to prayer and I stood up then, I heard someone shouting "they don dey pay o"
We were all surprise that they were paying that early. So, I brushed my teeth, perform salat, got a bucket and fetched some water, went into the bush for my morning business and took my bath, dressed up in my 6/7 and went straight to collect my 8,500 naira! OWO!
The SPO marked my name and asked me to write my name on two different papers and I got my 8,500.
At about 6am or so, we started collecting voting materials and everybody went to their unit. But before we went there some men were arguing that the election must take place right there but the INEC officials said it was not possible. Later on, they agreed and we went there.
On getting there we set up the cubicle and other materials and the acrreditation and voting began simultaneously. I was the APO1, so I was in charge of the card reader. The card reader was unable to read the people fingerprints, so we kept filling the incident form.
Finally! The card reader read a man's finger and I was happy, I even said congratulations when we heard arguments from behind, before we know some touts came out with big branches of trees, I was scared but I was a little calm when suddenly one tout ran to our table and slam the branch on our table Gbam!
Re: Election Voilence: A True Life Story That Happened Today! by medexico(m): 5:22pm On Apr 30, 2016
There and then I took my bag and smuggled the card reader in it and I also took the INEC bag too, the police man said "wait" but I did not listen, he then he said "take the ballot box along" but I still did not listen. My friends and I ran with some of the policemen towards the bus that brought us there, the policemen were even ordering some people to leave the front seat.
As we drove off some of the thugs were throwing stones at us, I was so surprised and afraid, I have never experienced such voilence in my life.
We got to the RAC centre safely and the lady among us was crying that she wants to go home, she was pacified by the police and few minutes later we were transported to the INEC office where we met some other corps members that ran away from their units too.
Everybody was narrating their stories, some had sword, yes sword by their necks to sign the ballot papers!

Alhamdulillah that I'm safe and the rest of the corp members too.
Re: Election Voilence: A True Life Story That Happened Today! by SeverusSnape(m): 5:26pm On Apr 30, 2016
Thank goodness you came out unscathed.
Re: Election Voilence: A True Life Story That Happened Today! by DaBullIT(m): 5:41pm On Apr 30, 2016
added my name to the list of participant including my KN number and[b] my account number[/b]. I was like wow, these people are serious, so they are gonna pay? In short I decided to participate and we went for a three-day training.

Na money for kee you , but your mama head dey follow you

that said ,

They were throwing sticks and stones ?? he he he he , you call that violence? I am talking cutlass , guns , bows and arrows

You for understand wetin dey happen
Re: Election Voilence: A True Life Story That Happened Today! by medexico(m): 9:36pm On Apr 30, 2016
DaBullIT:
added my name to the list of participant including my KN number and[b] my account number[/b]. I was like wow, these people are serious, so they are gonna pay? In short I decided to participate and we went for a three-day training.

Na money for kee you , but your mama head dey follow you

that said ,

They were throwing sticks and stones ?? he he he he , you call that violence? I am talking cutlass , guns , bows and arrows

You for understand wetin dey happen

Have you experienced such too?

Of course I was there for the money.
Re: Election Voilence: A True Life Story That Happened Today! by medexico(m): 9:57pm On Apr 30, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Thank goodness you came out unscathed.

Yes o

(1) (Reply)

CCB Completes Verification Of Buhari, Saraki Assets / 59th National Congress Of ANCOPPS Holding At Alex Ekwueme Square, Awka, Photos / Ameachi And Rivers Apc Caught Napping.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.