Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,666 members, 7,851,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:07 PM

Full Transcript: Obahiagbon Pays Jaw-breaking Tribute To Late Oba Of Benin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Transcript: Obahiagbon Pays Jaw-breaking Tribute To Late Oba Of Benin (1332 Views)

Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention / Change: Patrick Obahiagbon Lampooned APC, See What He Said On Twitter / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates His Birthday, See What He Posted On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full Transcript: Obahiagbon Pays Jaw-breaking Tribute To Late Oba Of Benin by midolian(m): 6:32pm On Apr 30, 2016

Hon Patrick Obahiagbon paid his tribute to the late Oba of Benin with some very admirable words.

The death of the traditional monarch was announced by the Iyase of Benin Kingdom, Chief Sam Igbe on Friday, April 29.

Hon Patrick said: “You cannot gloss over the fact that Omo N’ Oba Erediauwa, Oba of Benin, was a man of impeccable and unimpeachable integrity with the resilience of a Royal salamander. In him you found a coruscating display of that apothegm which holds that noblesse oblige.

“This sui generis quintessential quality of his came under bold relief especially during the locust and philistine years of the military militocracy. He was practically the only triton among the minnows of Royal hierarchs that resisted and stood up to the military rascality and apacheism that characterized the Abacha era. He stood at all times with the people, eyeballing political and military demagogues and damning their treacherous hooey and blarneys. It won’t be erroneous and superfluous therefore to pontificate that his integrity was altruistically integrious if you permit me that neologism.

“Omo N’ Oba EREDIAUWA,Oba of Benin was a cornucopious emblematization of the rich heritage of the Benin culture both in his modus vivendi and modus operandi. He left no one in doubt that he was the spiritual and traditional agglutinating anodyne that offers a centripetal canopy for the Benin ethnic nationality into one harmonious and synchronized armada and of particular interest to me here was how he was able to bring this about especially against the backdrop of modernism and attenuating cum corrosive forces of religious petulancy and perfervidism.

“It’s in his cosmopolitan and cerebral mien that is situated the Alladins lamp that gave him the enablement in striking a delicate equipoise and hence at a meeting of the ‘Benin Anglican Dioscesan Synod on June 3,1980,the revered monarch posited thus ….’The conflict between traditional religion and Christian religion is not supported by scriptural teaching. But must Christian religion condemn and push out the traditional? Must traditional worship and Christian worship not be seen as complimentary?’

http://www.theheraldng.com/patrick-obahiagbon-pays-tribute-late-oba-benin-jaw-breaking-words/?utm_source=nnd&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=nnd

Lalasticlala
Re: Full Transcript: Obahiagbon Pays Jaw-breaking Tribute To Late Oba Of Benin by SeverusSnape(m): 6:32pm On Apr 30, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Full Transcript: Obahiagbon Pays Jaw-breaking Tribute To Late Oba Of Benin by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 6:34pm On Apr 30, 2016
angry
Re: Full Transcript: Obahiagbon Pays Jaw-breaking Tribute To Late Oba Of Benin by vicstar(m): 6:35pm On Apr 30, 2016
"modus vivendi and modus operandi" grin diz will come in handy .

Re: Full Transcript: Obahiagbon Pays Jaw-breaking Tribute To Late Oba Of Benin by SeverusSnape(m): 6:37pm On Apr 30, 2016
“Omo N’ Oba EREDIAUWA,Oba of Benin was a cornucopious emblematization of the rich heritage of the Benin culture both in his modus vivendi and modus operandi. He left no one in doubt that he was the spiritual and traditional agglutinating anodyne that offers a centripetal canopy for the Benin ethnic nationality into one harmonious and synchronized armada and of particular interest to me here was how he was able to bring this about especially against the backdrop of modernism and attenuating cum corrosive forces of religious petulancy and perfervidism.

*faints*
Re: Full Transcript: Obahiagbon Pays Jaw-breaking Tribute To Late Oba Of Benin by Mrdecent(m): 6:38pm On Apr 30, 2016
I can't even get through to the 4th line.. It's complicating my headache
Re: Full Transcript: Obahiagbon Pays Jaw-breaking Tribute To Late Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 30, 2016
I only understand modus operandi grin
Re: Full Transcript: Obahiagbon Pays Jaw-breaking Tribute To Late Oba Of Benin by midolian(m): 6:40pm On Apr 30, 2016
Patrick has completely gone crazy! grin grin
Re: Full Transcript: Obahiagbon Pays Jaw-breaking Tribute To Late Oba Of Benin by JoeBlocks(m): 6:42pm On Apr 30, 2016
Royal Salamander Hian!
Re: Full Transcript: Obahiagbon Pays Jaw-breaking Tribute To Late Oba Of Benin by MarysMeal: 6:48pm On Apr 30, 2016
Chai! grin
Re: Full Transcript: Obahiagbon Pays Jaw-breaking Tribute To Late Oba Of Benin by franchizy(m): 6:49pm On Apr 30, 2016
Oh my God the Obas dimiscalitity came to me by pocuapocu and pocurantismsed with deepalitate grieficactata in my hearilotocola.
May God comfortabiltatement his family and grantilitoto the populacecilatic of Benin the fortitudelitic to beariateculate the great lose.
Amen
Re: Full Transcript: Obahiagbon Pays Jaw-breaking Tribute To Late Oba Of Benin by joshjc(m): 7:21pm On Apr 30, 2016
CHAI NA WAH O! MY HEAD ...
Re: Full Transcript: Obahiagbon Pays Jaw-breaking Tribute To Late Oba Of Benin by dhevid(m): 7:22pm On Apr 30, 2016
abeg 2 crates of orijin for this man....proudly Edo blood, yea that's how we roll grin
Re: Full Transcript: Obahiagbon Pays Jaw-breaking Tribute To Late Oba Of Benin by hotspec(m): 7:23pm On Apr 30, 2016
Mods, kindly move this to FP, pls
Re: Full Transcript: Obahiagbon Pays Jaw-breaking Tribute To Late Oba Of Benin by Juxtified(m): 7:24pm On Apr 30, 2016
midolian:
Patrick has completely gone crazy! grin grin
How? What he said from the beginning to the end is completely meaningful and grammatically correct
Re: Full Transcript: Obahiagbon Pays Jaw-breaking Tribute To Late Oba Of Benin by Juxtified(m): 7:25pm On Apr 30, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Royal Salamander Hian!
Hahaha
Re: Full Transcript: Obahiagbon Pays Jaw-breaking Tribute To Late Oba Of Benin by midolian(m): 7:30pm On Apr 30, 2016
Juxtified:

How? What he said from the beginning to the end is completely meaningful and grammatically correct
..And who said its incorrect..His grandiloquent way of talking/writing when there are simple synonyms to the words he use makes him crazy to me.. I appreciate him though.
Re: Full Transcript: Obahiagbon Pays Jaw-breaking Tribute To Late Oba Of Benin by Juxtified(m): 7:35pm On Apr 30, 2016
midolian:
..And who said its incorrect..His grandiloquent way of talking/writing when there are simple synonyms to the words he use makes him crazy to me.. I appreciate him though.
Hahaha
That's what makes him unique. I once had a professor in school who talked like that. More people failed his course mostly because of the big grammar, not that the questions themselves were hard
Re: Full Transcript: Obahiagbon Pays Jaw-breaking Tribute To Late Oba Of Benin by dammytosh: 8:09pm On Apr 30, 2016
Mad man
Re: Full Transcript: Obahiagbon Pays Jaw-breaking Tribute To Late Oba Of Benin by fadhill: 8:46pm On Apr 30, 2016
If only Nigeria youth will appreciate this rare talent. My Igodo-mi-godo.

(1) (Reply)

Shekarau--- " My Arrest Not Political, Consequences Of My Own Actions" / Too Much Brain In One PHOTO: Gov Elrufai And Ambode With Emir Of Kano / Be Part Of History Tomorrow In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.