Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Chemical & Process Engineers Forum - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Chemical & Process Engineers Forum (80047 Views)

Agricultural Engineers Forum: Lets Meet Here And Share Our Experiences! / AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. / Mechanical Engineers Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by tubabie(f): 3:01pm On Jan 02, 2010
Kenny_G:

this is praying that u get your desired job this year, at least i need my commission ,
my friend just returned from naija last week or so and told me its even harder in naija to get a job in oil & gas despite his experience

Amen. Yeah I just came back from Naija too and the climate aint too friendly right now. So I'll keep doing my stuff here.
Your commission is at what rate? Cos your efficiency has been less than 40%,  no further innovation and lead, follow up poor. . . . . .

Kenny_G:

i wont work on a rig for all the dosh in the world, grin grin grin

As a lady am not even considering it. . . . . . it takes it toil grin
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by KennyG6(m): 3:06pm On Jan 02, 2010
tubabie:

Amen. Yeah I just came back from Naija too and the climate aint too friendly right now. So I'll keep doing my stuff here.
Your commission is at what rate? Cos your efficiency has been less than 40%, no further innovation and lead, follow up poor. . . . . .

I have given you more than enuf leads, you knw what u need to do to increase my efficiency dont u? Convert wasted energy into useful energy, or in SI units increase my commission to 26.5% of your salary or contract rates,
Did i tell you about the companies around London recruiting as we speak? Oh i forgot u never pay your bill/commission, grin grin
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by tubabie(f): 3:11pm On Jan 02, 2010
Kenny_G:

I have given you more than enuf leads, you knw what u need to do to increase my efficiency dont u? Convert wasted energy into useful energy, or in SI units increase my commission to 26.5% of your salary or contract rates,
Did i tell you about the companies around London recruiting as we speak? Oh i forgot u never pay your bill/commission, grin grin

Oh ok, any increase in your commission will be based on ur previous results and infact I will add an attractive uncapped bonus to it. grin
Seriously fill me in, I have fulfilled all righteousness and waiting for the break. grin
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by KennyG6(m): 3:15pm On Jan 02, 2010
hmmmm ok ill brief u after u sign this new deal grin grin
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by Remii(m): 3:36pm On Jan 02, 2010
Kenny_G:

i wont work on a rig for all the dosh in the world, grin grin grin

You sure do not know details of jobs on the rig, lol, Not everyone on the rig does hard labour except you are low level Drilling Company worker. They normally do not employ engineers for that. If you got Drilling Engineer job in Mobil, Chevron, Total or Shell for instance you may spend few years on the rig to be able to understand how to write well programmes in future. If you got job with Schlumberger or Baker Hughes or Halliburton you have to rig for the few years to be a better supervisor in town also.

We have very few Nigerian ladies in Nigeria drilling both engineering and operations. They are not doing badly at all, both in job performances and career progression. Having said that, let me add that drillers like to drill deeper cheaper and would continue to turn it right, getting the black gold to surface without gettin anybody hurt. lol
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by Remii(m): 3:51pm On Jan 02, 2010
You sure do not know details of jobs on the rig, lol, Not everyone on the rig does hard labour except you are low level Drilling Company worker, (Companies who own rig such as Transocean, Noble etc). They normally do not employ engineers for those jobs. If you got Drilling Engineer's job in Mobil, Chevron, Total or Shell for instance you may spend few years on the rig to be able to understand how to write well programmes in future. If you got job with Schlumberger or Baker Hughes or Halliburton you have to rig for the few years to be a better supervisor in town also.

We have very few Nigerian ladies in Nigeria drilling both engineering and operations. They are not doing badly at all, both in job performances and career progression.

Having said that, let me add that drillers like to drill deeper cheaper and would continue to turn it right, getting the black gold to surface while getting nobody hurt. lol
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by Remii(m): 12:41pm On Jan 04, 2010
Any NSChE member here?
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by KennyG6(m): 1:18pm On Jan 04, 2010
Remii:

Any NSChE member here?
was a student member but not any more
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by buxtin: 2:08pm On Jan 05, 2010
is it advisable to study petrochem as a career if yes why
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by KennyG6(m): 8:39pm On Jan 05, 2010
buxtin:

is it advisable to study petrochem as a career if yes why
I'd advice that u study Process/chemical engineering as a 1st degree and do a thesis or research in petrochem then do a postgraduate in Petroleum Production Engineering, Oil & Gas or Refinery Design and Operation
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by Remii(m): 8:49pm On Jan 05, 2010
Kenny_G:

was a student member but not any more

I actually became a member after graduation but I do more in SPE now, I just wonder if any one here has update on their activities, I learnt they were trying to merge with NSE at a time. Would like to know how that went.
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by tubabie(f): 11:43pm On Jan 05, 2010
Remii:

I actually became a member after graduation but I do more in SPE now, I just wonder if any one here has update on their activities, I learnt they were trying to merge with NSE at a time. Would like to know how that went.

Yes, NSChE are now part of NSE.
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by KennyG6(m): 12:03am On Jan 06, 2010
NSE is that not the stock exchange? embarassed embarassed
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by tubabie(f): 12:09am On Jan 06, 2010
^^ Not in this context grin, it is THE NIGERIAN SOCIETY OF ENGINEERS.
Although come to think of it, I wonder why the CAC would register two companies with similar abbreviations
Maybe its allowed as long as they mean different things
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by KennyG6(m): 12:16am On Jan 06, 2010
tubabie:

^^ Not in this context grin, it is THE NIGERIAN SOCIETY OF ENGINEERS.
Although come to think of it, I wonder why the CAC would register two companies with similar abbreviations
Maybe its allowed as long as they mean different things
ah i see
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by Allwell(m): 2:57pm On Jan 16, 2010
hello
I'm in need of Chemcad. Any idea how i can get one please?
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by KennyG6(m): 3:12pm On Jan 16, 2010
try rapidshare, to be honest i havent used it since i left uni nowadays its Hysys or Prosim
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by AjanleKoko: 6:46pm On Jan 20, 2010
^^Kenny_G
Why you abandon that your diary in the literary section?
Did you get busted or something wink
Just kidding.
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by KennyG6(m): 12:48am On Jan 22, 2010
AjanleKoko:

^^Kenny_G
Why you abandon that your diary in the literary section?
Did you get busted or something wink
Just kidding.
hmmm grin grin grin
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by tubabie(f): 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2010
Kenny_G:

hmmm grin grin grin

Yes answer and quit the "hmmmm " grin
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by KennyG6(m): 1:02am On Jan 23, 2010
tubabie:

Yes answer and quit the "hmmmm " grin
who dey talk?? and where on earth have u been? grin grin
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by bio10: 8:37am On Jan 27, 2010
Hello guys, I just graduated and I am wondering whether I shld still continue in the line of chemical engineering or branch out to petroleum or software engineering , any advice guys, wink
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by KennyG6(m): 10:28am On Jan 27, 2010
bio10:

Hello guys, I just graduated and I am wondering whether I shld still continue in the line of chemical engineering or branch out to petroleum or software engineering , any advice guys, wink
bio10, inevitably it depends on what career path you intend pursuing, since your 1st degree is in chem eng a post grad in petroleum eng wont be a bad idea. Software eng on the other hand is branching out but hey if thats what u want ,
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by tubabie(f): 12:08pm On Jan 27, 2010
Hey Bio 10 welcome on board.
It actually depends on ur long term goals, being in the Process/Chemical engineering stream opens you up to a wide range of options: the manufacturing,the production, the research, the oil and gas infact the process industry is so wide.
As for the Petroleum engineering it is a pretty impressive career path too but quite restrictive and like KennyG said software engr is almost a total branching out.
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by KennyG6(m): 12:39pm On Jan 27, 2010
tubabie:

Hey Bio 10 welcome on board.
It actually depends on your long term goals, being in the Process/Chemical engineering stream opens you up to a wide range of options: the manufacturing,the production, the research, the oil and gas infact the process industry is so wide.
As for the Petroleum engineering it is a pretty impressive career path too but quite restrictive and like KennyG said software engr is almost a total branching out.

hmmm well said ma! grin grin
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by tubabie(f): 12:55pm On Jan 27, 2010
Na u be the oga now smiley
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by KennyG6(m): 1:11pm On Jan 27, 2010
tubabie:

Na u be the oga now smiley
indeed! how's everything?
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by tubabie(f): 2:28pm On Jan 27, 2010
Kenny_G:

indeed! how's everything?
Am aight, you? you av been scarce??
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by KennyG6(m): 3:05pm On Jan 27, 2010
tubabie:

Am aight, you? you av been scarce??
have i? grin na hustling ooooo i need to hit my target of £1m net worth by April 2010, abi is that not the condition yu gave?
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by tubabie(f): 6:10pm On Jan 27, 2010
Kenny_G:

have i? grin na hustling ooooo i need to hit my target of £1m net worth by April 2010, abi is that not the condition yu gave?

Yeah right smiley
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by KennyG6(m): 12:29am On Jan 28, 2010
;d ;d ;d
Re: Chemical & Process Engineers Forum by bio10: 10:34am On Jan 28, 2010
Thanks guys especially tubabie and Kenny G, I think your advices have given me more enlightenment,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary - Stutern / What Are The Highest Paying Federal Government Agencies / Caesar Chukwuma Nigerian Lawyer In USA Melting Hearts Of Ladies. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.