Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

BUHARI Visit Governor Lam Adesina Over The Killing Of Fulanis. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / BUHARI Visit Governor Lam Adesina Over The Killing Of Fulanis. (1578 Views)

6 Dead Bodies Of Fulanis Killed In Taraba Discovered By Security (Graphic Pics) / Notorious Gang Member Arrested For Extra Judicial Killing Of Fulanis. Photos / DC Queen: Police Arrest 4 Yahoo Boys Over The Killing Of Ghanaian Slay Queen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BUHARI Visit Governor Lam Adesina Over The Killing Of Fulanis. by ayodeleayo: 9:03pm On Apr 30, 2016
In October 13, 2000, General Mohammadu Buhari led lorry loads of Northerners mostly Fulanis to Governor Lam Adesina over the killing of Fulanis in Saki, Oyo State. Fulanis had clashed with Yoruba farmers in Saki, over grazing. At about 2 p.m., same day, Buhari arrived in a long convoy at the governor’s office in company of the former governor of Lagos State, General Buba Marwa, Alhaji Aliko Muhammed, Alhaji Abdulrazak and Alhaji Hassan. They all wore long faces. And in an angry tone, asked the shocked Governor Adesina why he has not done anything to stop the killing of Fulanis, demanding that compensation must be given for the killings His words: “Your Excellency, our visit here is to discuss with you and your government our displeasure about the incident of clashes between two peoples… the Fulani cattle rearers and merchants are today being harassed , attacked and killed like in Saki. In the month of May, 2000, 68 bodies of Fulani cattle rearers were recovered and buried under the supervision and protection from a team of Mobile Police from Oyo State Command. “ That some arrests were made by Oyo State Police Command in the massacre with their immediate release without court trial. This was said to have been ordered by Oyo State authorities and they were so released to their amazement. The release of the arrested suspects gave the clear impression that the authorities are backing and protecting them to continue the unjust and illegal killings of Fulani cattle rearers…” According to the general, they therefore wanted immediate stoppage of the killings, justice and compensation to the Fulanis. Governor Lam Adeshina in response spoke for about 20 minutes and the generals were at the edge of their seats for the entire period. Lam said: “ Before I thank you for this visit, you have come to tell me something. I also want to tell you something and that something is to make an appeal. General Buhari has been a former Head of State, Brigadier Marwa has governed Lagos for some time and with credibility… so you are national leaders of this country. Even though, by accident of birth, you are from the North, you can be born anywhere; may be next time when I am coming to the world, I will be born in the North or the South-South. “My appeal will be that effort must be made to unite this country and that will be ïn the best interest of all Nigerians. I am appealing to the Arewa Consultative Forum, under which auspices our distinguished Nigerians are here; in recent times, they have been sending wrong signals to a number of us who believe in the unity and peace of Nigeria; you have been too critical of the efforts of the Federal Government. I am saying this because Nigeria, at this point, cannot afford to break and the words you northern leaders utter are very weighty, at the South here, we normally analyze them critically”. On all the allegations, he said: “From what they have written in the petition, this government is completely blameless because we don’t interfere either with the judiciary or with the police functions. I always preach peaceful co-existence in Oyo State and Nigeria as a whole. We are all Nigerians and that is what we have been preaching all along and we shall continue to be Nigerians , no matter the present or immediate problems which will be solved by the grace of Allah. “I want to say also that we really have to appeal to our people, the itinerant Bororo people, that they should observe less aggression. It is not good , it is not right just coming from somewhere then you just pass through farm lands cultivated may be with the person’s life savings and then over night everything is gone. That is not right, even Allah does not approve of that. We even wonder when they talk about this people carrying dangerous weapons, I say do they really believe in Allah? When you just take life like that and go away! Are we not forbidden not to take human life? So I think General Buhari, General Marwa, you have to be educating them… It is my pleasure to inform you that at the Presidential Lodge, we have made some arrangements for refreshments so that before you go we can refresh together”. Buhari and his team did not wait for any refreshments. They came in angry and left bewildered
Re: BUHARI Visit Governor Lam Adesina Over The Killing Of Fulanis. by domopps(m): 9:10pm On Apr 30, 2016
Even when Lam Adesina is dead!

How dare you brought out a dead story?

Cheeeeers
Re: BUHARI Visit Governor Lam Adesina Over The Killing Of Fulanis. by dungas30(m): 9:30pm On Apr 30, 2016
Dis op is an idiot an lunatic
Re: BUHARI Visit Governor Lam Adesina Over The Killing Of Fulanis. by seunlayi(m): 10:16pm On Apr 30, 2016
Lolls

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Doctor Who Jumped Into Lagoon Had Been On Exams Failing Streak / Armed Robbers Involved In Shootout At Zenith Bank Owerri Arrested / Car Battery Thief Caught In Lagos & Made To Carry The Battery On His Head(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.