Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,184 members, 7,953,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:03 PM

Reason Why Oba Of Benin's Death Must Be Kept Secret - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Reason Why Oba Of Benin's Death Must Be Kept Secret (839 Views)

Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep / Why Oba Of Benin Was Covering His Mouth / Benin Kingdom Vs Yoruba Race: Why Oba Of Benin Is Number One, By Odia Ofeimun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reason Why Oba Of Benin's Death Must Be Kept Secret by sunch(m): 9:44pm On Apr 30, 2016
During last year the palace announced that oba of benin was not dead but stating that "the leopard was ill in the Savannah bush”. And just yesterday the news of his death was broken with the breaking of chalk at the entrance of the palace by the Iyasere of benin kingdom while the people around mourns.
After the demise of the oba, all necessary traditional rites and initiations for the installation of a new oba has to be fully completed. And this process takes a longer time to complete as this rites is a security to the throne. So the announcement is due to the fact that what needs to be done has been done months back, and the coronation proper would take its course.
Re: Reason Why Oba Of Benin's Death Must Be Kept Secret by erusen: 10:05pm On Apr 30, 2016
I thought you were going to give us reasons,well am Bini and I knew he was dead since last year(you know the kind of news you hear from the winds)
Re: Reason Why Oba Of Benin's Death Must Be Kept Secret by sunch(m): 11:08pm On Apr 30, 2016
erusen:
I thought you were going to give us reasons,well am Bini and I knew he was dead since last year(you know the kind of news you hear from the winds)
The reason being that after the demise of the oba, all necessary traditional rites and initiations for the installation of a new oba has to be fully completed. And this process takes a longer time to complete as this rites is a security to the throne. So the announcement is due to the fact that what needs to be done has been done, and the coronation proper would take its course.

(1) (Reply)

Biafrans Lose The Quest For Partnership With Facebook Community / Herbs,voodoo And Traditional Medicine +27747313190. Dr Ssakah / See Photos Of World’s Tallest Man With World’s Shortest Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.