Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:55 AM

7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism (14109 Views)

Is It Right For A Christian Couple To Practice BDSM ? / The Church And Evangelism Today / When You Are Worried: 7 Ways To Remind Yourself Of God's Faithfulness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by tolaadepej(m): 7:52pm On May 01, 2016
Nice write up bro .......I've learnt something . May God bless u
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by Oghumu1(m): 7:53pm On May 01, 2016
Just as if u know what's bothering me.. Thanks
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by Lamasta(m): 8:07pm On May 01, 2016
Really enlightening and digestive.....God bless op
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by Ademolaononuga: 8:12pm On May 01, 2016
Thank God for this. This will surely help me get by a hard place in my Christian walk. God bless you!
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by Happywoman(f): 8:18pm On May 01, 2016
Go and learn from JWs smiley smiley
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by Mzjacy(f): 8:24pm On May 01, 2016
Thanks for the write up op, this is nice
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by AAPS(m): 8:29pm On May 01, 2016
God Bless you brother
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by faites(f): 9:22pm On May 01, 2016
dasparrow:
@Post

God bless you OP. I have been wanting to evangelize but my problem is that I do not like approaching or speaking to strangers. Therein lies my problem so I have been praying to God to show me how introverts like myself can evangelize and where to go. May God help us all, Amen.

U just are my type. Mine is even worse cos I find it difficult to cram quotations. How can u preach wen u can't even quote the scriptures. God help us.
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by EmperorMGI: 10:45pm On May 01, 2016
2undexy:
by and large, Jesus is the son of man and NOT the son of God.....plus he is NOT God..just a servant like me and u
You are just so confused!... must you open you mouth n say nonsense to reveal your Stupidity?!... Mtcheew.
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by jaksabbey(m): 10:48pm On May 01, 2016
God bless u sir, and he will continue to strengthen u IJN...
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by Kayceenaz(m): 11:43pm On May 01, 2016
Dear Donald, your piece of writing is timely, especially now that most youths opt for the wrong and ungodly things. May God continue to strengthen you to share such wisdom. You're on the right track. Continue to yearn for our Lord Jesus; continue to love Him; God has never forsaken those that truly trusted Him. May God helps us all in our bid to please Him. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by MnenaSadiku(f): 12:53am On May 02, 2016
Thank you sooo much OP, for this most important piece. The GO mandate in Matt. 28, has not changed. We have to keep going, using all the available means, tactics & strategies. May God help us!
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by ABSOL10: 4:30am On May 02, 2016
awesome write up....it takes the help of God Himself to Help us...aaaaalllllll iiiiiisssss weeeeelllllll!!!!!!!
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by ogunsbanjul(m): 6:54am On May 02, 2016
Good message from a God inspired creature. May God sower His blessing and wisdom unto you sir/ma.
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by Meesquared(m): 7:37am On May 02, 2016
true talk op.. God help mee oo
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by thecultivateur(m): 9:15am On May 02, 2016
CAUTION!!!: The following list mentioned by the O.P comes by complete trust in God/Jesus. It can not be possible if you seek to do it on your own. Do not go around playing "a-holier-than-thou" attitude. Doing so will nullify the power of the Holy Spirit on your life. Just as the number 2 of the list says it. May the grace of the Lord Jesus be with you all on your faith-walk to perfection. :-)
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by Emmyjay111(m): 12:01pm On May 02, 2016
nice1
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by olayincar(m): 12:50pm On May 02, 2016
Donald3d:
Hello, everyone i greet you all, all my life i have listened to so many preaching ,on TV,radio,on the road, through books, etc, dishing out the gospel. etc.The essence of preaching the good news of Jesus Christ in the first place, is to bring people to HIM,and many times i have seen people lacklustre in their approach to preaching the gospel.I believe and know that if evangelism is done effectively more souls would be won, and not just won, they would remain in Christ.Here are some ways evangelism can be done effectively

1. Seeking help from the Holy Spirit : Who else could you ask for better help , than from the source, how else could you learn and share information about a person , if you don't ask that person for help .Ask the Holy Spirit for help !!!!, HE is the perfect guide, the perfect Navigator, the perfect Teacher, the perfect Instructor, the perfect Persuader , HE can show you ways you never dreamed or taught of.Let the Holy Spirit lead you !!!

2. Put yourself in Jesus shoes : Jesus Christ is the love guy himself (don't get angry i used "guy" , you will know why soon) , everything he did radiated love , how are you preaching the gospel ?, are you preaching with scorn ?, are you preaching with hate in your heart (like Jonah), are you preaching with a judgmental approach, are you preaching with love ?, remember you are preaching to people who have gone astray , people who probably live their lives haphazardly , preaching without love would only push them away more , how can you preach love and what is written all over you is anything but love , evangelize with love !!! . Romans 5:8

3. Use the word of God : What better way to pierce through someones heart than with a "double edged sword" , the Word of God has this power , has this glory , this soothing ,calming and at the same time fierce "texture" and touch, the Word of God has the ability to calm the disturbed and bring to the light that which is in darkness, it has the ability to give a map to those who have no direction . Use God's Word today !!! Psalm 119:105 , Hebrews 4:12

4. Evangelize through your life and daily activities : Someone once said to me , people don't read the bible nowadays they read the life of other Christians, in a way the person was right !!!!(I am not saying you should replace the word of God and start watching your pastor like Telemundo *winks* read the Word of God !!!).People nowadays look at the lives of Christians, they watch carefully and with great scrutiny , how effective do you think your evangelism would be when your life does not reflect what you preach !!!!.Live right and by God's standard !!.

5. Speak Audibly : This is a part some people might not like , but its so true, I once saw a man in garment all he did as he walked down the road was ring a bell(dont get me wrong that might have been the instruction he was given by the Holy Spirit, that's why i added the Holy Spirit as number 1), then i saw another , she/he (i cant really remember), was using a megaphone !!!, i was so close to the person-few meters , but i could still barely hear what the person was saying !!!!, i am not saying you should shout , but being audible while talking about Jesus , makes your work more effective.

6. Don't be too serious and be creative : There is something about human psychology, when repetitions occur especially when preaching the gospel even in church ,the human brain has the tendency to get "bored" and tired.When preaching,add some flare,add some pepper and salt -meaning do somethings differently, crack some slight jokes,create colorful illustrations(especially for children) ,smile, why would you be preaching the gospel and "boning" your face like you just perceived spoiled beans mixed with ice cream *winks* (this should give you the reason why i used "guy" in number 2-no disrespect was intended) .The human mind commits things to memory better when they enjoy what they do, see, or hear.Make evangelism and learning about Jesus fun !!!NOTE When adding all these "pepper and salt" do it with moderation and also don't get carried away , while still having the Holy Spirit with you to guide you.

7. Use the social media and technology: I know so many people would not like this , saying *in a grumpy old mans voice" was there Facebook in Jesus time ?,when we were young we trek from Zamfara to Lagos to preach the Gospel, why should we be using, Facebook to preach the gospel" . Let me ask you this , were cars available in Jesus times too ?, why don't you just trek to church then grin grin grin grin grin , Seriously now, using the social media and technology to evangelize would help and it should not be used as a primary center for evangelism , it should be used as a supportive medium and trust me its quite effective .

ADDITION : Follow up is key when evangelizing , try to check up on those you evangelize to as much as you can , a call or text would suffice

All in all the most important is number one , if utilized properly , HE can show you ways you never imagined to evangelize effectively,Have you asked and prayed to God to show you better and effective ways to evangelize , ask HIM today !!!.

If you have not given your life to Christ , or you have fallen astray, or you want to recommit yourself to HIM, you find yourself doing things you dont want to do, you find yourself doing things against HIS will, you find your self in a deep abyss of confusions and utter dismay,its never too late , Jesus Christ is a sure guy, HE will never leave you nor forsake you, HE is here for you TODAY !!!,HE loves you, and wants the best for you, why not join HIM in this walk TODAY, tomorrow might be too late , HE might come when you are watching Barca vs Madrid, i am sure you don't want to suffer after a watching a wonderful match , all HE wants for you is total and eternal Happiness , both in this world and the next,all HE wants for you is the best !!!!,why not surrender to HIM today so you can enjoy endlessly from the National Cake of Heaven without being probed.Bow your head wherever you are an say this short prayer :

O LORD JESUS, here i am , i need you, i want you, even in my life this day, i know and accept that you are the Son of God and you shed your Blood out of Love for my sake , at your feet i bow , at your feet i lay it all !!!,have mercy on me dear Lord . I accept you as my Lord and Savior this day.Thank YOU Jesus.

If you have just prayed that prayer, you have sent Jesus a friend request and HE has accepted with all HIS heart , you need a Bible, The Holy Spirit , a Bible believing church that preaches Gods word , straight from the bakery grin grin grin, (The Bible),.GOD BLESS YOU and give us all the grace to stand firm in HIM .Amen.

God bless you
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by yesboss20(m): 2:01pm On May 02, 2016
Lord bless the writer and poster of this.

For a fact, evangelism is a core pillar of our faith and it seems many a ministry are waning in the mandate by Christ to "go ye into the world and preach the gospel."

Lord, may the fire of revival and the hunger for Your will to be done on earth be engaged in our lives right now through Christ Jesus. Amen.

Regards,
Yesboss!

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by Calismart(m): 10:07am On May 20, 2016
Helo Sir, @Donald3d,pls i need your help on my site.
I sent you a mail.
dumdumgist..com
I deleted all the posts because they always appeared in full on the home page.
And the pictures are not always well placed.
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by Donald3d(m): 11:34pm On Jun 08, 2016
Calismart:
Helo Sir, @Donald3d,pls i need your help on my site.
I sent you a mail.
dumdumgist..com
I deleted all the posts because they always appeared in full on the home page.
And the pictures are not always well placed.
i replied your email a while ago,still waiting for your reply.
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by ScienceWatch: 1:51am On Jan 14, 2017
slaknoah:

@op ,thanks a lot, more of God's grace
Jesus taught us the one most powerful way to do ministry. Carefully examine what Jesus is saying in the Holy Bible ;

Here Jesus explains to pastors world-wide and forever, why all the miracles, prophecy, Signs and Wonders are an extremely important part of His Mission and the missions of future pastors. Firstly, Jesus says clearly in these biblical refs that the WORKS that He does bear witness that the Father has sent him.

Joh 5:35 John was a burning and a shining light: and you were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.
Joh 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the miracles/ WORKS which the Father has given me to finish, the same miracles/ WORKS that I do, bear witness for me, that the Father hath sent me.
Joh 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that does not honour the Son does not honour the Father who has sent him.

Today, the whole world is truely blessed to have the evidence of Jesus’ WORKS Biblically and scientifically verified in the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria and on Emmanuel TV and youtube.com.

Only the WORKS bear witness of a real pastor, not their elaborate speeches, conferences and motivational speeches. Joh 14:12 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that believes me, the miracles/ WORKS that I do will you also do; and greater (more) miracles/WORKS than these shall you do; because I must soon go unto my Father.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? / Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? / Must Read: Olodumare (GOD) In Yoruba Ifa And Orisha Is Monotheistic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.