Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,611 members, 7,770,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:12 PM

Adeboye Floats 1000 Millionaires’ Club; Targets N1.7bn Fund ! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Floats 1000 Millionaires’ Club; Targets N1.7bn Fund ! (2754 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Adeboye Floats 1000 Millionaires’ Club; Targets N1.7bn Fund ! by REALTRUTH1: 3:56pm On Aug 10, 2009
By Adedutu Audu

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has formed another millionaires’ club as he plans to raise N1.7billion for the church’s development and programmes.

The new club, named Club 1,000, according to the GO, is for people who can give N1 million whenever God wants it.

Club 1,000, which will be inaugurated on 6 September by 5 p.m. at the Prayer Foyer of the Redemption Camp, is to complement the Club 70 formed several years ago for people who can give N10 million whenever God demanded for it.

Adeboye, who announced the formation of the club while giving a report on the activities of the church between August 2008 and August this year at the 57th Annual Convention held between 3 and 10 August, tagged - Christ in me, the hope of glory, said, for a while, he has not been calling on the Club 70 members, because God told him, He (God) wants to take all the glory for all the work in the auditorium.

“For three to four years now, we have not been asking for special offering for things going on in the camp. God told me that he wants to receive all the glory.

“The Lord has been very good, when we look at what He has done and what remains, we need to pray for more help,” Adeboye said.

The mathematician turned preacher said there are still more than 100 nations of the world where there is no RCCG, despite the church being in over 170 nations and opening at least 10 parishes everyday, adding that there is acute shortage of bathrooms, toilets and dormitories, and that though the church has many, they are now grossly inadequate because of its ever increasing population.

“The auditorium is completed now. As it is, it is now inadequate, thank God it is not raining. Now, I need your assistance to build more toilets, bathrooms and dormitories,” Adeboye pleaded.

He also announced that over 34,000 babies were born in RCCG between August 2008 and August this year. 4,200 marriages were also conducted in the church during the same period.

http://thepmnews.com/2009/08/10/adeboye-floats-millionaires-club-targets-n17bn-fund
Re: Adeboye Floats 1000 Millionaires’ Club; Targets N1.7bn Fund ! by REALTRUTH1: 3:57pm On Aug 10, 2009
Please do not judge ooooo!
Re: Adeboye Floats 1000 Millionaires’ Club; Targets N1.7bn Fund ! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:26pm On Aug 10, 2009
, echo ,
Re: Adeboye Floats 1000 Millionaires’ Club; Targets N1.7bn Fund ! by banom(m): 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2009
I pity people in this God forsaken country called Nigeria who have not understand the true nature of business.
It is just a big pity, Yoruba people didn't see any other business to do, all they now do is to pop up dubious churches everywhere, toying and making money in the name of God, exploiting desperate people every now and then,
1, pastor E.A Adeboye
2, Prophet T.B Joshua
3, Pastor David Oyedepo
4, Pastor Mathew Ashemolowo
5, Pastor David ibiyomie
6, Pastor w.f Kumuyi
The list is endless,

And people don't reason, they don't ask them selves who is getting all these blessings, ? me or the pastors and the owners of the church ? since i have been attending this church, how has my life and finances improved ? and how has the pastors and the owners of the church's lives improved ?

419 has taking a holy level, you want God to bless you ? first bless God in advance fee pattern.

Oya go join millionaires club for God indeed.

I pity this country.
Re: Adeboye Floats 1000 Millionaires’ Club; Targets N1.7bn Fund ! by BlackRevo: 6:18pm On Aug 10, 2009
@banom in as much as a christian who is not supporting these things but i don't think it is right for you to condemn a part of the country like that ( Yoruba Pastors)

FYI i am not a Yoruba man.
Re: Adeboye Floats 1000 Millionaires’ Club; Targets N1.7bn Fund ! by bawomolo(m): 6:32pm On Aug 10, 2009
everyday i'm hustlin, everyday i'm hustlin

Club 1,000, which will be inaugurated on 6 September by 5 p.m. at the Prayer Foyer of the Redemption Camp, is to complement the Club 70 formed several years ago for people who can give N10 million whenever God demanded for it.

i didn't know God demanded human currency. see hustle
Re: Adeboye Floats 1000 Millionaires’ Club; Targets N1.7bn Fund ! by Tudor6(f): 6:53pm On Aug 10, 2009
This stupid kleptomaniac called Adeboye never ceases to amaze me!
Now Daddy 419 G.O has a millionaires club and am sure the pilfering bastard doesn't care how the members got the money, whether by hook or crook money must drop to maintain the gulfstream jet.
I weep for christianity and nigeria!
REAL TRUTH:

By Adedutu Audu

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has formed another millionaires’ club as he plans to raise N1.7billion for the church’s development and programmes.

The new club, named Club 1,000, according to the GO, is for people who can give N1 million whenever God wants it.

Adeboye, who announced the formation of the club while giving a report on the activities of the church between August 2008 and August this year at the 57th Annual Convention held between 3 and 10 August, tagged - Christ in me, the hope of glory, said, for a while, he has not been calling on the Club 70 members, because God told him, He (God) wants to take all the glory for all the work in the auditorium.

“For three to four years now, we have not been asking for special offering for things going on in the camp. God told me that he wants to receive all the glory.

“The Lord has been very good, when we look at what He has done and what remains, we need to pray for more help,” Adeboye said.

The mathematician turned preacher said there are still more than 100 nations of the world where there is no RCCG, despite the church being in over 170 nations and opening at least 10 parishes everyday, adding that there is acute shortage of bathrooms, toilets and dormitories, and that though the church has many, they are now grossly inadequate because of its ever increasing population.

“The auditorium is completed now. As it is, it is now inadequate, thank God it is not raining. Now, I need your assistance to build more toilets, bathrooms and dormitories,” Adeboye pleaded.

He also announced that over 34,000 babies were born in RCCG between August 2008 and August this year. 4,200 marriages were also conducted in the church during the same period.

http://thepmnews.com/2009/08/10/adeboye-floats-millionaires-club-targets-n17bn-fund

Since when did god start sending collection plates from heaven?

The crook knew there were no enough toilets, dormitories and bathrooms yet he spent about 3billion naira on a private jet- now he's coming to beg for money telling us god is demanding it.
Waka to him and the god that wants to take my money!
Rubbish.
Re: Adeboye Floats 1000 Millionaires’ Club; Targets N1.7bn Fund ! by mazaje(m): 6:53pm On Aug 10, 2009
Its always good to hussle. . . . hussle on daddy adeboye. . . . nothing do you. . . .
Re: Adeboye Floats 1000 Millionaires’ Club; Targets N1.7bn Fund ! by Okemoni: 7:47pm On Aug 10, 2009
@Tudor I know you do not believe in christianity, but I advise that you do not talk abt God and his anoited in such a manner, pls. its for your own good.
Re: Adeboye Floats 1000 Millionaires’ Club; Targets N1.7bn Fund ! by bawomolo(m): 7:56pm On Aug 10, 2009
ha immunity under the cloak/deceiting of anointing.

man this pastor Gig is a profitable one.
Re: Adeboye Floats 1000 Millionaires’ Club; Targets N1.7bn Fund ! by Tudor6(f): 8:22pm On Aug 10, 2009
Okemoni:

@Tudor I know you do not believe in christianity, but I advise that you do not talk abt God and his anoited in such a manner, pls. its for your own good.
So because he's anointed that gives him the liscence to freely con people, right?
Re: Adeboye Floats 1000 Millionaires’ Club; Targets N1.7bn Fund ! by zmurda(m): 8:44pm On Aug 10, 2009
Don't I love this guy. I think he should be the Nigerian minister of finance, he'll be able to diversify and revive our paraleptic economy by coming up with some Madoff like schemes.
Does he need another jet? Or a customised Rolls Royce phantom?
Mehn, these pastors are turning into a leach on the Nigerian masses. The gullible masses are loving these because of the feel good factor. I do hope they do proper accounting for all these monies they make.
1.7 billion naira can sure do loads of stuffs for the people leaving below the poverty line in Nigeria such as and include creating jobs and wealth not just for the church but for the society.
There is no need to try to evangelise the whole world. The Europeans tried it, taking Christianity all over the 'uncivilised' world. They came to the realisation that religion was just another instrument of oppression. I pray the Good Lord opens up our eyes to see the gargantuan scams being perpetuated by this men of God all for vainglorious reasons. Amen!
Re: Adeboye Floats 1000 Millionaires’ Club; Targets N1.7bn Fund ! by DeepSight(m): 9:17pm On Aug 10, 2009
Okemoni:

I am so sick of this. "Touch not His Anointed" has now become the cheap excuse that some silly people use as a form of immunity for these Pastors.

One day, they will enter the Central Bank and steal our collective wealth, and some people will still fold their arms and say "Touch not His Anointed."

Plain daft.
Re: Adeboye Floats 1000 Millionaires’ Club; Targets N1.7bn Fund ! by bluehorizo(m): 7:12am On Aug 11, 2009
The more you look. . . .the less you see grin grin grin
Re: Adeboye Floats 1000 Millionaires’ Club; Targets N1.7bn Fund ! by pinkylady1(f): 9:27am On Aug 11, 2009
it's not as if i'm in support or against pastor Adeboye, but why don't we just live every thing in the hands of God to judge.

and another thing that keeps me wondering is that issues of pastor Adeboye keep coming up on nairaland almost everyday. sad
Re: Adeboye Floats 1000 Millionaires’ Club; Targets N1.7bn Fund ! by REALTRUTH1: 9:52am On Aug 11, 2009
King Saul in the Bible when he became King of Israel,, he was a man after God's eye! God's annointing was on him,,both God and the people were pleased with him.
However, when he(King Saul) started sliding, he never knew how it started.God actually departed from Saul and David had the opportunity to even strike(Kill) Saul,,,but David refused doing that cos David understood kingship.
In same vein, many and several so called men God of when they start falling, they wouldn't know where and how it started,,, it just start from one step to the other.This was how Revd. Jimmy Jones started, in Nigeria we used to have one Pastor Anwuzia,,but he fell cos the only message he's got is prosperity and false teaching.
My analysis of RCCG is that the Pastor seems to having very wrong advisers,,RCCG was not known for things like this,,this to me is mere manipulation concorted with some theological quotation in order to achieve a desired end.RCCG should bother itself with an almost everyday News focus on the church.Religion is a very big problem in Nigeria.
Re: Adeboye Floats 1000 Millionaires’ Club; Targets N1.7bn Fund ! by zmurda(m): 10:06am On Aug 11, 2009
pinky lady:

it's not as if i'm in support or against pastor Adeboye, but why don't we just live every thing in the hands of God to judge.

and another thing that keeps me wondering is that issues of pastor Adeboye keep coming up on nairaland almost everyday. sad
Hmmm,
If you have a private jet, you can scam people of 2 bn naira, have more worshippers that you can make money from, you appear at politicians birthday parties, I'll hedge my bets that you will keep cropping up on NL every other day, capisce?

The problems with the Nigerian psyches are that we are so quick to shove all the problems to God to be the judge of it. What did He give us brains for?
Your post surmises our situation, the one reason we are not developing,
Re: Adeboye Floats 1000 Millionaires’ Club; Targets N1.7bn Fund ! by PastorAIO: 10:23am On Aug 11, 2009
Something tells me that there's more to this than Adeboye. Even if he wants to quit he won't be able to. He has many lieutenants and advisers behind him that are also making vast profits from the scam and they have the enviable position of not being in the limelight and having all the pressure on them. They need Adeboye to be there doing what he does.

Similar to Robert Mugabe being unable to quit because Zimbabwe's military generals needed him to be there.

When someone is in power he sits on top of a pyramid structure whereby those on various levels of the pyramid have their position due to him. If you remove him from the peak the entire structure crumbles and not only Adeboye will fall but many others on various levels of the pyramid. They will not allow this. This is how many political power structures work.
Re: Adeboye Floats 1000 Millionaires’ Club; Targets N1.7bn Fund ! by AKO1(m): 2:58pm On Aug 11, 2009

(1)

A Greater Evil Than The Tithe Scam ! / Why Do Christians Demonise Judas Iscariot And Others? / ALERT: NIV Bible Adulterated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.