Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

See How This Owerri Lady Exposed & Humiliated Her Husband Who Abused Her(pics) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See How This Owerri Lady Exposed & Humiliated Her Husband Who Abused Her(pics) (3865 Views)

Mother Of 3 Calls Out Her Ex-Husband Who Is Set To Remarry / Lady Donates Her Kidney To Her Mother As A Christmas Gift To Her (pics) / Wife Abandoned Husband Who Won N63Milllion From Lottery Afterwards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How This Owerri Lady Exposed & Humiliated Her Husband Who Abused Her(pics) by eyinjuege: 4:07pm On May 03, 2016
Onegai:

M'dear...

Domestic Violence is NOT ABOUT ANGER, it is about CONTROL. They are not hitting you because they are angry, they are beating you up because they have lost control and they feel that is the best way to exert it back upon you.

One lady commented on one of these blogs that her husband would punch her for replying him so her pastor advised her to keep quiet and walk away. The next fight happened and she kept shut and walked away rather than exchange words. Her husband picked a chair and smashed it on her back, screaming "how dare you ignore me". Even in silence, the abuser will slap you and say you were using your silence to mock him (I've seen it happen and the next thing you know, the victim tried to leave the room and she was knocked down and being choked whilst we tried to save her). And once the victim of Domestic Violence tries to leave, the abuser immediately does his best to make her stay: either with apologies or threats.

If it were truly about Anger, the abuser would be beating up even a stranger over a trivial matter. But we know that does not happen often. If it were truly about disliking bad habits or being tired of the victim, the abuser would be relieved when the victim leaves. But we know that the abuser tends to fight against that happening. We see, time and time again, that the abuser is described as a "nice guy" outside the family unit and we erroneously think that perhaps it is the victim's fault. Nope.

Abusive people are manipulative and will do all they can to isolate their victim against the world. All in a bid to control them even more and when they cannot control their victim, resort to violence.

Domestic Violence is never about Anger, it is about Control.

Hmmmmm

Word!
Re: See How This Owerri Lady Exposed & Humiliated Her Husband Who Abused Her(pics) by cococandy(f): 7:03pm On May 03, 2016
All too true
Onegai:

M'dear...

Domestic Violence is NOT ABOUT ANGER, it is about CONTROL. They are not hitting you because they are angry, they are beating you up because they have lost control and they feel that is the best way to exert it back upon you.

One lady commented on one of these blogs that her husband would punch her for replying him so her pastor advised her to keep quiet and walk away. The next fight happened and she kept shut and walked away rather than exchange words. Her husband picked a chair and smashed it on her back, screaming "how dare you ignore me". Even in silence, the abuser will slap you and say you were using your silence to mock him (I've seen it happen and the next thing you know, the victim tried to leave the room and she was knocked down and being choked whilst we tried to save her). And once the victim of Domestic Violence tries to leave, the abuser immediately does his best to make her stay: either with apologies or threats.

If it were truly about Anger, the abuser would be beating up even a stranger over a trivial matter. But we know that does not happen often. If it were truly about disliking bad habits or being tired of the victim, the abuser would be relieved when the victim leaves. But we know that the abuser tends to fight against that happening. We see, time and time again, that the abuser is described as a "nice guy" outside the family unit and we erroneously think that perhaps it is the victim's fault. Nope.

Abusive people are manipulative and will do all they can to isolate their victim against the world. All in a bid to control them even more and when they cannot control their victim, resort to violence.

Domestic Violence is never about Anger, it is about Control.
Re: See How This Owerri Lady Exposed & Humiliated Her Husband Who Abused Her(pics) by Ewuro4: 9:22pm On May 03, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Ko si ibinu ninu oro yi.

It is what it is.

E sha rora...

You and I know it's the truth. How could you call that kidnapping? Kids automatically stay with mom during initial separation until custody issue is settled in court.

Unless , She's proven unfit (medically/psychologically) then that's another ball game.

I know so.
Re: See How This Owerri Lady Exposed & Humiliated Her Husband Who Abused Her(pics) by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 03, 2016
Ewuro4:

E sha rora...

You and I know it's the truth. How could you call that kidnapping? Kids automatically stay with mom during initial separation until custody issue is settled in court.

Unless , She's proven unfit (medically/psychologically) then that's another ball game.

I know so.

Dude, I've been through two divorces so I think I know way more than you about this.

Let's start with this, where is the court document giving her sole custody and to be only entity to decide where the kids live?

The wife knows that he'll get shared custody hence her tucking take like a coward and bolting.

Oya, feminists and feminist agitators put up your dukes grin
Re: See How This Owerri Lady Exposed & Humiliated Her Husband Who Abused Her(pics) by Askseek(f): 4:35am On May 04, 2016
kenkenny55:
Well its a pity sha. Buh let's not forget this in a hurry. Am against men beating their wifes or whatsoever..... Another thing is this... Does this girl in question don't know this man when she got to the altar nd uttered for better for worse.. I just presume she might ran after riches and glory. Nd she ended up not knowing that the rich man she is getting married to is an addict.....this goes out to other woman... You don't just run abt going after rich guys.... U can hustle with the present guys nd by the grace of God he marries you nd live happily.... When there were enjoying their early marriage it was posted on a social media. Nw she is going to hell...... Madam if you had dated this man. And try to know him very well u woundlt have married him..or I would just say. U saw richness nd never cared who he is afterwords. Marriage is for better and for worse I believe she sworn that.... Buh all the same sorry

And even if all these were true, does it make it ok for him to abuse her?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Five (5) Main Dresses A Lady Should Wear In Her Lifetime. / My Cheating Brother Wants To Send His Wife Away!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.