Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,492 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

How Should We Pay Tithes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Should We Pay Tithes (917 Views)

"I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / Daddy Freeze Shows 'Paul O' Paul Okoye's Mansion To Shame Those That Pay Tithes / Non-Tithers Board: Church Publishes The Names Of Members Who Don't Pay Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Should We Pay Tithes by deedan9(m): 10:27pm On May 01, 2016
Greetings everyone,
I want to ask a question about tithes though the bible said something about it 'one-tenth of our income'. How are we supposed to pay these tithes. Supposed you are a salary earner of 100k, your one-tenth will be 10k.
Now, are we supposed to pay the 10k once or at intervals throughout the month.
If maybe the 10k was paid, should the next tithe comes from the remaining 90k?
In all, are we to pay tithes every Sunday or once in the month?
I'm asking these so that I can fulfill my tithes..
God bless you all.
Re: How Should We Pay Tithes by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 01, 2016
If it's 10K, ur tithe is 1k and it should be like that every month.

My bro, I hold my tithe, pray to God about it and tell HIM this is IT o baba God and then I distribute to the poor, needy and beggars(preferably blind). I like it like that because they need it more than the already rich churches. #My personal opinion thou#

2 Likes

Re: How Should We Pay Tithes by deedan9(m): 11:02pm On May 01, 2016
HateU2:

My bro, I hold my tithe, pray to God about it and tell HIM this is IT o baba God and then I distribute to the poor, needy and beggars(preferably blind). I like it like that because they need it more than the already rich churches. #My personal opinion thou#
Thanks a million bro
Re: How Should We Pay Tithes by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 01, 2016
deedan9:

Thanks a million bro
shocked shocked shocked
I'm a young lady oo bro
Re: How Should We Pay Tithes by annunaki2(m): 6:29am On May 02, 2016
deedan9:
Greetings everyone,
I want to ask a question about tithes though the bible said something about it 'one-tenth of our income'. How are we supposed to pay these tithes. Supposed you are a salary earner of 100k, your one-tenth will be 10k.
God bless you all.

Re: How Should We Pay Tithes by Peritus(m): 8:21am On May 02, 2016
I've decided not to pay, but to give...not tithe but offerings and alms, and this could be much higher or lower than the supposed tithe amount.
I find it hard to understand why we are not under the law, but a practice which is purely in accordance with the Aaronic Levitical priesthood is preserved, and this is not even part of the ecclesiastical laws (10 commandments) which people argue that are retained. It couldn't have been an issue to me if not that Galatians 5:3 suggests that he who keeps a part of the law is under all. I feel that tithing is more of a practice (done in full expectation of rewards) than an act of free will and love. Christ taught us how to give freely (no percentage) and secretly. His teachings are detailed and equally adumbrated by the disciples, why didn't any of them mention the now very important tithe as a Christian practice? Why is it not recorded that any of the disciples paid tithe or practiced tithing, since such issue is not negligible as we see today.
I'm open to knowledge, so enlighten me more.

1 Like

Re: How Should We Pay Tithes by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 02, 2016
deedan9:
Greetings everyone,
God bless you all.

Give your life to christ first then you will understand tithing
Re: How Should We Pay Tithes by Theophinio(m): 1:30pm On May 02, 2016
HateU2:

Exactly me
That is how it should be
#PEACE
Re: How Should We Pay Tithes by Theophinio(m): 1:40pm On May 02, 2016
Peritus:
I've decided not to pay, but to give...not tithe but offerings and alms, and this could be much higher or lower than the supposed tithe amount.
I find it hard to understand why we are not under the law, but a practice which is purely in accordance with the Aaronic Levitical priesthood is preserved, and this is not even part of the ecclesiastical laws (10 commandments) which people argue that are retained. It couldn't have been an issue to me if not that Galatians 5:3 suggests that he who keeps a part of the law is under all. I feel that tithing is more of a practice (done in full expectation of rewards) than an act of free will and love. Christ taught us how to give freely (no percentage) and secretly. His teachings are detailed and equally adumbrated by the disciples, why didn't any of them mention the now very important tithe as a Christian practice? Why is it not recorded that any of the disciples paid tithe or practiced tithing, since such issue is not negligible as we see today.
I'm open to knowledge, so enlighten me more.
Sir could you explain to the house, especially me Galatians 5:3 in connection to tithing
Am learning sir, i just want to know
#PEACE
Re: How Should We Pay Tithes by Peritus(m): 6:57pm On May 02, 2016
Theophinio:

Sir could you explain to the house, especially me Galatians 5:3 in connection to tithing
Am learning sir, i just want to know
#PEACE
Yes, I will.
1. Can we first settle the fact that tithing is part of the old law, and there is no record that it was practiced by Christians in the Bible.
2. Can we settle also that the law is meant for those under it, serving as a reminder of our sins and bringing us under judgment, and is meant for those under it. Romans 3:19-20.
3. If you accept the above, then you should also know that "as many as of the works of law are under curse: for it is written, cursed is everyone that committeth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them." Gal 3:10.
4. Gal 5:3 was in reiteration of Gal 3:10. It's about some Christians who were insisting that one must be circumscised to become a full Christian. Paul, while correcting them, made them to understand that you cannot smuggle one thing from the law and expect not to be under all. Since we are no longer under the law but under grace (Rms 6:14) we shouldnt go ahead to save part of that which has been nailed to the cross.
5. Christ loves a cheerful and willful giver, he didn't say he loves one who gives out of sense of duty and obligation in expectation of a reward. The measure you give is the measure you receive. Christ taught us in details about giving (including offering and alms giving) how could he and his disciples omit this now very important part of practice.

1 Like

Re: How Should We Pay Tithes by deedan9(m): 10:25pm On May 02, 2016
Peritus:

Yes, I will.
1. Can we first settle the fact that tithing is part of the old law, and there is no record that it was practiced by Christians in the Bible.
2. Can we settle also that the law is meant for those under it, serving as a reminder of our sins and bringing us under judgment, and is meant for those under it. Romans 3:19-20.
3. If you accept the above, then you should also know that "as many as of the works of law are under curse: for it is written, cursed is everyone that committeth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them." Gal 3:10.
4. Gal 5:3 was in reiteration of Gal 3:10. It's about some Christians who were insisting that one must be circumscised to become a full Christian. Paul, while correcting them, made them to understand that you cannot smuggle one thing from the law and expect not to be under all. Since we are no longer under the law but under grace (Rms 6:14) we shouldnt go ahead to save part of that which has been nailed to the cross.
5. Christ loves a cheerful and willful giver, he didn't say he loves one who gives out of sense of duty and obligation in expectation of a reward. The measure you give is the measure you receive. Christ taught us in details about giving (including offering and alms giving) how could he and his disciples omit this now very important part of practice.
Thank you sir, I'm enlightened

1 Like

Re: How Should We Pay Tithes by deedan9(m): 10:28pm On May 02, 2016
HateU2:
shocked shocked shocked I'm a young lady oo bro
lol..
Thanks a million pretty one
Re: How Should We Pay Tithes by deedan9(m): 10:30pm On May 02, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Give your life to christ first then you will understand tithing
I will get baptized soon
Re: How Should We Pay Tithes by Theophinio(m): 1:09am On May 03, 2016
Peritus:

Yes, I will.
Inspiring sir
You sound like a charismatic Pentecostal
Re: How Should We Pay Tithes by Nobody: 8:58am On May 03, 2016
deedan9:

I will get baptized soon

Baptism is not salvation and salvation is not baptism. You can be saved and not be baptized till an opportune d time and you can be baptized and not be saved.
Get saved first

1 Like

Re: How Should We Pay Tithes by deedan9(m): 12:40am On May 05, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Baptism is not salvation and salvation is not baptism. You can be saved and not be baptized till an opportune d time and you can be baptized and not be saved.
Get saved first
Yes Sir

Thanks a bunch

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Receive Only Body Of Christ? / Photos Of A Ridiculous Poster Of A "Pastor" I Saw In Imo State Today / Why Do Ladies Shake Their Bumbum When Dancing In The Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.