Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

The Fulanis Must Be Allowed To Graze Anywhere In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fulanis Must Be Allowed To Graze Anywhere In Nigeria (512 Views)

This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) / You Are Welcome To Graze In Kogi State- Yaya Bello To Fulani Herdsmen / Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fulanis Must Be Allowed To Graze Anywhere In Nigeria by coolscott(m): 1:51am On May 02, 2016
[size=13pt]On these few conditions

1) Those behind the Agatu and Enugu killings are brought to book

2) Every Fulani herdsman that tires to kill or succeeds in killing anyone is punished and brought to book by the provisions of the law

3) Every herdsman is made to pay a fine for damages done on any farmer's crops by their cattle

4) Now this is important... The forces explain (and without lying) why exactly they chose deceive the governor telling him how they had deployed troops but instead did nothing and had one big zero set of troops on ground and bring the full weight of the law on the officers involved for being accessories to murder. These people are:

1)Garrison Commander, Brigadier General Olufemi Akinjobi who normally represents the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 82 Division Nigerian Army;

2)The Commissioner of Police, Mr. Nwodibo Ekechukwu;

3)The State Director of Department State Security Services (DSS), Mr. M. Abdul Malik;

4)The State Commandant of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, Mr. Lar Stephen;

5) Representatives of the Nigerian Air force

These are the words of the Enugu State governor:

“In the meeting, we received assurances from the Commissioner of Police that the Area Commander of SARS was on ground in Nimbo. That the Anti-Terrorism Unit was at Nimbo. That he was in contact with the Kogi State Commissioner of Police and reported suspected herdsmen grouping at Odolu in Kogi State preparatory for an attack on Nimbo and Abbi communities. That Police mobile force and conventional police were already drafted to Nimbo and Abbi communities. That he was in touch with the Area Commander, Idah, ACP Ikegwuonwu and had linked him with the Area Commander, Nsukka, ACP Monday Kuryas. Both men according to the CP reported that there were no traces of suspected herdsmen in Nsukka or Idah.

“That he ordered the Area Commander, Nsukka to redeploy to Nimbo. That the Garrison Commander on his part assured the meeting that Military was already deployed to Nimbo. Let me state that the State Government provided logistics for these deployments. After receiving these assurances of deployments to Nimbo, I felt quite confident that we had done everything possible to forestall an attack on Nimbo.”

“I have deliberately narrated what transpired at the Security Council meeting fully conscious of the provisions of the Nigerian Constitution pertaining to my oath of office. I am doing this in due discharge of my duties as Governor.

If the above-mentioned people are tried and brought to book for their played roles in the unfolding of the massacre, and conditions 1-3 are met, only then we can return back to the status quo of finding a way to accommodate nomad herders who may pass in search of grass for their cattle. Until then, their bad behaviour has earned them a red card from the hosts whom they expect to be hospitable to the man who butchers his wife and kids
[/size]
By the way, federal Road Safety Corps and Nigerian Prison Services, State Traditional Rulers Council and the Attorney General of the State were present in that State Security Council meeting in which the governor was deceived. Bringing security officers to book is also part of the anti-corruption era in which we are right now. Some officers have already been punished for the roles they are alleged to have played in certain elections last year

Fadahunsi
2kris
kropotkin11
dgr8truth
ramdris
kcnwaigbo
DaBullIT
OneManLegion
papiforreal
marshalcarter
marshborn
spartanobad
Rexphobia
pepigeorge
Activa
Orikinla
otitokoroleti
tammie24
oduastates
ExInferis
spiralwedge
Re: The Fulanis Must Be Allowed To Graze Anywhere In Nigeria by 1Tkester: 2:05am On May 02, 2016
no to herdsmen!
Re: The Fulanis Must Be Allowed To Graze Anywhere In Nigeria by 1Tkester: 2:05am On May 02, 2016
Anyi achuro ndi abo.ki NA be anyi.
Re: The Fulanis Must Be Allowed To Graze Anywhere In Nigeria by YourMrBoo: 8:48am On May 02, 2016
Nothing like grazing bill anymore...

So stop fooling around.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Nassarawa Governor Stops His Convoy To Assist Accident Victims / PHOTO: RRS Nabs 3 'one Chance' Gang, 7 Pick Pockets / I Stand With Buhari Tv To Be Launched On 16th Of May, 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.