Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State (23977 Views)

Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger / Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by Firefire(m): 4:44am On May 02, 2016
By Vincent Ujumadu, Anayo Okoli, Peter Okutu, Francis Igata & Chimaobi Nwaiwu

ENUGU—

INDICATIONS emerged, weekend, that Fulani herdsmen have regrouped in bushes on Iga community’s corridor, Uzo-Uwani Local Government Area of Enugu State, to launch another attack, even as the apex socio-cultural group, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, met yesterday in Enugu with a call on the Federal Government to boot out of office, all security heads in Enugu State over lapses that culminated in the slaughter of 46 Ukpabi, Nimbo natives last Monday by Fulani herdsmen.

communique made available to Vanguard at the end of the meeting of Imeobi (highest decision organ) of the group, read in part: ”Imeobi expresses disappointment at the obvious security lapses which allowed these heinous acts to be committed in Nimbo community.

“Imeobi, therefore, calls on Enugu State Government and the Federal Government to ensure that a thorough investigation is carried out with a view to ensuring that all those responsible for the lapses are made to account and be punished for their action

“Imeobi mandates Ohanaeze leadership to take all necessary actions to ensure that such incident never again occurs in any other part of the South-East geopolitical zone.

“Imeobi endorses the position of Ohanaeze on rejection of the proposed Grazing Bill. Cattle grazing is private business and, therefore, should not be done in a manner that individual’s or community’s rights are infringed upon.

“Imeobi views with grave concern and unequivocally, condemns the recent slaughter by Fulani herdsmen of our defenceless kith and kin in Nimbo, Uzo-Uwani Local Government Area of Enugu State.”

Herdsmen regroup for another attack

A dependable source told Vanguard, weekend, that the herdsmen had regrouped in bushes on Iga community’s corridor to launch another attack on the community.

The source revealed that the herdsmen were emboldened from the high casualty rate recorded in last week’s attack that caught security operatives napping.

Further investigation by Vanguard showed that a possible clash may be in the offing at Adani community, still in the same Uzo-Uwani council area, between the natives and a densely-populated Hausa community resident in the area.

The northerners, Vanguard gathered, bought parcels of land and built residential houses on them which has, over time, turned a Hausa community settlement at Adani.

But following last Monday’s attack on Nimbo community, the Adani natives are said to be living in perpetual fear. The natives, it was learned, are united on driving away the Hausa community from their area, a situation that is generating tension.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/another-fulani-attack-looms-ohanaeze-blasts-security-agencies/

1 Share

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by fitzmayowa: 5:03am On May 02, 2016
The Fulani disregard for life continues...

4 Likes

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by Nobody: 5:09am On May 02, 2016
Ok. If after previous attacks, those herdsmen terrorize enugu residents again without stiff resistance by the locals then...let me reserve my comment for now.angry

5 Likes

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by Nobody: 5:42am On May 02, 2016
Buhari people

27 Likes

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by adenine02: 5:48am On May 02, 2016
the army and police are on top of the situation

so fear not

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by 1Tkester: 6:06am On May 02, 2016
These people should stop insulting us by referring our security to the govt. they should form indigenous vigilante group and drive out all the fulanis from their land weather they are peaceful or not. The events of last week must not happen again.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by Nobody: 6:12am On May 02, 2016
This is very bad , I was in enugu village earlier this week, why allowing the fulani s to walk around with dangerous weapon

13 Likes

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by BeardedMeat(m): 6:18am On May 02, 2016
I have nothing to say to this insensitive government for now.
Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by Nobody: 6:18am On May 02, 2016
Lesson learnt. ..chestbeating and calling others coward leads to bloodbath.

We developed Lagos

We are d one protecting Yorubas in their land

Yoruba are cowards...cowards is in their dna

It cannot happen in igbolands

Is now u people now know u r peaceful people after being massacred SMH @y'all

Fulanis are going nowhere cus they are NIGERIANS ..touching them wud lead to more bloodbaths.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by Pstlyecouture: 6:19am On May 02, 2016
we're in preparation for war,its coming.
Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by bonechamberlain(m): 6:19am On May 02, 2016
HKCOMPANY:
This is very bad , I was in enugu village earlier this week, why allowing the fulani s to walk around with dangerous weapon
if they are caught unawares this time again then its their fault, they better arm themselves with all manner of weapons and charms instead of waiting for a useless Nigerian security angry .

5 Likes

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by 9jii(m): 6:19am On May 02, 2016
My people
Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by Pstlyecouture: 6:21am On May 02, 2016
Drchristian:
Lesson learned. ..chestbeating and calling others cowards leads to bloodbaths.

We developed Lagos

We are d one protection Yorubas in their land

It cannot happened in igbolands

is now u people now knw u r peaceful people SMH @y'all

Fulanis are going nowhere cus they are NIGERIANS ..touching them wud lead to more bloodbaths.

Lesson learned, but English not learned... 2nd of may fool.

99 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by Nobody: 6:25am On May 02, 2016
Pstlyecouture:

Lesson learned, but English not learned... 2nd of may fool.
guess u r one of d ipod yooth dat deleted their accounts during dose chestbeating periods? who b coward nw?

Lesson learnt and learned r same thing

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by ErasmusCOMP: 6:27am On May 02, 2016
Once beating, twice shy. Igbos, a word is enough for the wise!

3 Likes

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by Nobody: 7:04am On May 02, 2016
Islamic republic of biafra

7 Likes

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by Osehnetworld(m): 7:11am On May 02, 2016
Drchristian:

We developed Lagos

We are d one protection Yorubas in their land

I fink u r a big phool for spewing ds rubbish from ur mouth, Wt abt d innocent blood DT ve bn shed by d Fulani's on pple living in their own homes
may does innocent blood fight back on u all supporting ds trash
BTW, I blame those community. if personally I cud chase those Fulani from my sch nt to talk of a whole community
must u call on govt for everytin, CNT u form a viginlante group, fully armed

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by Osehnetworld(m): 7:13am On May 02, 2016
ErasmusCOMP:
Once beating, twice shy. Igbos, a word is enough for the wise!
omg, Igbo's dey fall my hand
abeg make una help me beg dem make dem cm Benin nau

4 Likes

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by Super1Star: 7:19am On May 02, 2016
I thought they said they have ran away!!!

Please burn down the entire forest with them.

7 Likes

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by modath(f): 7:31am On May 02, 2016
Super1Star:
I thought they said they have ran away!!!

Please burn down the entire forest with them.

Don't you feel like something sinister is going on?

Last attack it was this same Vanguard that "warned" of "an imminent attack" as well, how did they get this "TERRORISTs" to give them such info? ATTACKS that caught the communities unawares?

There is more to this than the eye can see.... sooner rather than later, all that is hidden will come to Light lipsrsealed

However, the best thing is for this government to heed rhe voice of reason & not sleep on a bicycle, They just have to set up shop in the SE Like they are doing in the NE... This is a "metamorphosis" , hopefully it never snowballs into something worse than what we are almost out of!!

Howdy?

13 Likes

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by searchng4love: 7:34am On May 02, 2016
Buy guns for the community. Enter bush follow them and puchay overcome and take their women...

1 Like

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by otitokoroleti: 7:36am On May 02, 2016
if Enugu people like, make dem sleep on top bike. those lunatics are not superman, give it to them as e dey hot!

2 Likes

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by afroniger: 7:55am On May 02, 2016
If this report is true and not an exaggeration, then it'll be enough proof that Enugu men are cowards and a disgrace because by now there should be no Fulanis remaining in the entire state not to talk of inside Bush. What nonsense!! angry

4 Likes

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by FloraMbachu(f): 8:15am On May 02, 2016
Oh Jesus, Another Fulani attack, I am ashamed of being Ibo right now. Our youths are busy protesting for Saraki, a half fulani man while others are protesting for corrupt politicians. We have no shame and its making me sad cry cry

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by tuoyoojo(m): 8:34am On May 02, 2016
this should be taken seriously o
now is the time to act
if it is true dat this intelligence is correct and it eventually happens
den I have nothing else to say
Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by Nobody: 8:43am On May 02, 2016
Drchristian:

We developed Lagos

We are d one protecting Yorubas in their land

keep quiet there. I'm not igbo but I prefer igbos far more than you cowardly yorubas. To some extent they defended their communities. What about you coward yorubas who continue kissing the backsides of your fulani slaves masters? You can never take away the spirit of resistance from the igbos or the people of South South. Yorubas are a disgrace to Southern Nigeria. You're the odd numbers amongst us. If fulani herdsmen try any attack this time it would lead to their own doom cos the people are fully prepared this around.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by mancheeutd(m): 8:49am On May 02, 2016
I think the youths should stand up for themselves... Those who wait for the govt will wait forever
Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by Nobody: 8:56am On May 02, 2016
efosasere:
keep quiet there. I'm not igbo but I prefer igbos far more than you cowardly yorubas. To some extent they defended their communities. What about you coward yorubas who continue kissing the backsides of your fulani slaves masters? You can never take away the spirit of resistance from the igbos or the people of South South. Yorubas are a disgrace to Southern Nigeria. You're the odd numbers amongst us. If fulani herdsmen try any attack this time it would lead to their own doom cos the people are fully prepared this around.
you are not igbo then who are you? which part of d south south are u? tell us ur tribe...u will see dat ur region is amongst d proposed biafran map.

see coward calling an hero cowards

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by ObinnaIzuora: 9:15am On May 02, 2016
[s]
efosasere:
[/s]

You are not only a disgrace to your parents but to your whole community. You malnourished kids come online to insult people better than you. You are not worried about the poverty ravaging your life but ranting online and bringing your family to ridicule. What a shame

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by Nobody: 9:17am On May 02, 2016
Drchristian:

you are not igbo then who are you? which part of d south south are u? tell us ur tribe...u will see dat ur region is amongst d proposed biafran map.

see coward calling an hero cowards
see this slowpoke calling a full blooded Bini man like me a coward. Yorubas are the most pathetic cowards on earth. See this weakling calling himself a hero and yet you continue kissing fulani backside. So the name Efosasere is now an igbo name? I won't be surprised if you call Uche a fulani name. Ozuo no ma ma. Ewobi.

24 Likes

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by OgbeifunErom: 9:34am On May 02, 2016
Lies lies lies

Another IPOB wailer propaganda

1 Like

Re: Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State by OgbeifunErom: 9:36am On May 02, 2016
U are an IPOB

Stop lying

Be proud of your IPOB roots

efosasere:
see this slowpoke calling a full blooded Bini man like me a coward. Yorubas are the most pathetic cowards on earth. See this weakling calling himself a hero and yet you continue kissing fulani backside. So the name Efosasere is now an igbo name? I won't be surprised if you call Uche a fulani name. Ozuo no ma ma. Ewobi.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike On Channels Tv Sunrise Program - Read Full Interview Transcript / Leave Our Lands, Itsekiri Leaders Warn Niger Delta Avengers.. / Taraba: Mass Arrest In Ibbi, Vehicles Belonging To Suspect Retrieved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.