Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,612 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Nigeria And Nigerians Are In Trouble - Damilola Duke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria And Nigerians Are In Trouble - Damilola Duke (730 Views)

Donald Duke And Wife Their Monster Bike At Calabar Bikers Carnival (Photos) / Buhari Is Alive And Nigerians Are Angry – Dele Momodu / 25 Interesting Facts About Nigeria And Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria And Nigerians Are In Trouble - Damilola Duke by winkmart: 11:08am On May 02, 2016
I am not a political analyst, neither am I an activist that fight for the right of other people. I am simply a Nigerian that wants the best for my country, I want my country to as well be like other countries where the government is making enough provisions to cater for the needs of her citizens, when I say provisions, am not talking about food or Bournvita or Indomie, I am basically talking about the needed basic amenities that will make life easier for the occupants of the entity called Nigeria, I am talking a about the government making good policies that will favour the whole citizens of the country and not just some selected few.

We voted for change and change we see. It will only take a deep thinking Nigerian to understand that the country is in so much trouble. Yes, only a deep thinking individual will realize that because it seems we are all feeling so comfortable whereas, we are not.

You will think you are comfortable when you are able to afford three square meals in a day, when you are able to move from one place to another, when you are able to buy items that you need to live comfortably, but have you sat down to analyse a crucial part of these activities or spending? Do you now realize you are spending more or let me say double of what you used to spend before?

Nigerians are in trouble and we are not realizing this on time. Everyone seems to be smiling when you see them, but are they truly smiling inwardly? Are we sure they are not dying in silence? No one seems to be voicing out, we all feel it’s okay, but there is fire on the mountain and no one seems to be running.

I consider myself to be an average Nigerian. I love my country, no doubt. We are far better than hundreds of countries across the globe, we are champions compared to others, we are very important when it comes to world politics, but that is Nigeria as a country, how about Nigerians as citizens, are we also important within our country? The world reveres us, but are we respected within? I will say No.

At the moment, I am not happy that I will have to be spending 2 times the cost of everything I expend my hard earned income on. It is not just fair that this is happening to a country that should be one of the richest in the world.

I was at the market today in my locality and there was no single pepper seller in the whole market. I have never experienced this in my 20 years of living here. I asked the other women around if someone had died among them or what could be the reason for the sudden disappearance of pepper sellers in the market.

Then I was told that they all went to their major market the previous day and couldn’t pay for the new price of pepper in the market. They claimed the wholesale price was not even doubled but tripled and they believed the final consumers would never pay for the hike in price. Yes, why would we pay? The organizations we work for have not and might not increase our salaries, so why should we pay? But wait, we would pay, because here in Nigeria, we love to suffer and smile at the same time, we would pay because we have to eat.

I eventually saw a lady hawking and bought pepper at double the price I used to buy.
Do we also realize transportation costs have doubled across major cities in the country? I used to spend N400 to office and then back home every day. Now I spend N1000. How much is my salary, that I would be spending a thousand naira to work on a daily basis, that is N24,000 monthly and my salary is just a little above double of that amount. What a country!

When will I even actualize my dream of buying a piece of land and start developing it little by little, when will I get married? When will I start that business I have always dreamed of starting? When will I move from his apartment into a better one? Do I even stand a chance of buying a car?

I don’t really want to be discouraged about the whole thing, but I know there is always going to be a way out. It might not be an easy way out, but there will be a way out and the world will hear about that.

The Nigerian Federal Government have a responsibility to make things go back to normal in the nearest time, before the people get pushed to the extreme and then decide not to take it anymore.

It is well.
http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2016/05/nigeria-and-nigerians-are-in-trouble.html

Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Nigerians Are In Trouble - Damilola Duke by maryjan8(f): 11:13am On May 02, 2016
We just hope that things will go back to normal.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Nigerians Are In Trouble - Damilola Duke by Nobody: 11:17am On May 02, 2016
God help us embarassed

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Nigerians Are In Trouble - Damilola Duke by freeze001(f): 11:19am On May 02, 2016
It's terrible now and even getting worse

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Nigerians Are In Trouble - Damilola Duke by Babalegba(m): 11:21am On May 02, 2016
Wailers will always wail,don't you guys ever get tired.Man up for once undecided
Re: Nigeria And Nigerians Are In Trouble - Damilola Duke by stevecantrell: 11:23am On May 02, 2016
Buhari and his clowns have been a sad disappointment. Just sit in your house come 2019, voting for A instead of B or vice versa is just a waste of time.
Re: Nigeria And Nigerians Are In Trouble - Damilola Duke by Peacetemi: 11:24am On May 02, 2016
Nigerians have been in trouble for a very long time, we just didnt realise it until this present administration. All other administrations have been killing us silently and we never knew. Their rats have eaten off our toes and placed AC in front of, Buhari had no hand in eating our toes, he simply turned off the AC
Re: Nigeria And Nigerians Are In Trouble - Damilola Duke by Pidggin(f): 11:28am On May 02, 2016
We are all under punishment
Re: Nigeria And Nigerians Are In Trouble - Damilola Duke by stevecantrell: 11:29am On May 02, 2016
Peacetemi:
Nigerians have been in trouble for a very long time, we just didnt realise it until this present administration. All other administrations have been killing us silently and we never knew. Their rats have eaten off our toes and placed AC in front of, Buhari had no hand in eating our toes, he simply turned off the AC

Nice analogy...Lolz
Re: Nigeria And Nigerians Are In Trouble - Damilola Duke by Nobody: 11:38am On May 02, 2016
Peacetemi:

Food for thought
Re: Nigeria And Nigerians Are In Trouble - Damilola Duke by oduastates: 11:43am On May 02, 2016
The previous normal = mad man normal
Aka abnormal.
That normal got you to where you are now.

Nigeria cannot afford that corruption infested fuel importation regime anymore.
Neither can we afford people stealing money through the budget.
We cannot afford to go back to the abnormal.
Re: Nigeria And Nigerians Are In Trouble - Damilola Duke by Pavarottii(m): 11:54am On May 02, 2016
oduastates:
Aka abnormal.

Zombie Spotted(Suffering & Smiling syndrome).
Re: Nigeria And Nigerians Are In Trouble - Damilola Duke by Pavarottii(m): 11:55am On May 02, 2016
Peacetemi:
Another Zombie Spotted(Suffering & Smiling syndrome).
Re: Nigeria And Nigerians Are In Trouble - Damilola Duke by Peacetemi: 11:58am On May 02, 2016
Pavarottii:

Another Zombie Spotted(Suffering & Smiling syndrome).
no sir we're all suffering, i just dunno about the smiling part.
Re: Nigeria And Nigerians Are In Trouble - Damilola Duke by yaki84: 12:08pm On May 02, 2016
Peacetemi:

previous govt stole yes cos nigerians wanted them to.
how much did obj inherited from abdulsalami abubakar?
how much was price of crude?
was nigeria generating 50thousand megawatts of electricity then? No.
but econet came, mtn came, so many others who have folded came not because nigeria was blossoming nor eldorado of sort but because of policies by the then govt.
now buhari inherited 30billiinplus dolls, 2.3billion dolls in eca account, 1billion plus in soverign wealth account, crude price at 30plus dolls per barrel with drilling strength of about 2.2million barrels a day. projects that hv been near completed which if completed will had value to the nation. yet he is complaining........ it is a pity. imagine if buhari was d president in 1999.......e for be disaster.
Re: Nigeria And Nigerians Are In Trouble - Damilola Duke by yaki84: 12:18pm On May 02, 2016
oduastates:
Aka abnormal.

nigerians like lying to themselves, n if this trend dont stop....we will be in this mess for a long time.
gej saw that subsidy regime can never be sustain, in the drive to fully deregulate d downstream sector he called for total removal of subsidy. tinubu who knew his daily bread will be snatched from him paid protesters to protest against the govt action.
today even with crude selling at less than 30dolls per barrel instead of the price of fuel to decrease it increases.
we now have price modulation n we ask what if the crude price hits 90dolls what will happen to the price of fuel?

yesterday we had subsidy regime where things were not done properly as we were told but now they say no subsidy so u dont need sincere marketers to bring In fuel sofar they r using their monies to import.
the only thing govt need do is make forex accessible to dem and at the official exchange rate.
price modulation is filled with more corruption than subsidy regime, time will expose the anomalies in it.
Re: Nigeria And Nigerians Are In Trouble - Damilola Duke by kayfra: 12:20pm On May 02, 2016
Earning barely over 48k doesn't stand you any chance of buying/building a property in any government be it GEJ's or Buhari's.

Rather than complain about the situation. Go out and earn more.
Re: Nigeria And Nigerians Are In Trouble - Damilola Duke by Peacetemi: 12:21pm On May 02, 2016
yaki84:

previous govt stole yes cos nigerians wanted them to.
how much did obj inherited from abdulsalami abubakar?
how much was price of crude?
was nigeria generating 50thousand megawatts of electricity then? No.
but econet came, mtn came, so many others who have folded came not because nigeria was blossoming nor eldorado of sort but because of policies by the then govt.
now buhari inherited 30billiinplus dolls, 2.3billion dolls in eca account, 1billion plus in soverign wealth account, crude price at 30plus dolls per barrel with drilling strength of about 2.2million barrels a day. projects that hv been near completed which if completed will had value to the nation. yet he is complaining........ it is a pity. imagine if buhari was d president in 1999.......e for be disaster.
Buhari has barely spent a year and things have been terrible, but I say we need to be patient, complaining wont solve the problem ,so let us see what happens after his four years in office, now I am not a fan of politics and it might amuse you to know that I have never casted any vote and I have no plans to do that till I die. I dont know who the best or worst President has been so far, all I know is that we need to be patient.
Re: Nigeria And Nigerians Are In Trouble - Damilola Duke by stevecantrell: 12:36pm On May 02, 2016
Peacetemi:
Buhari has barely spent a year and things have been terrible, but I say we need to be patient, complaining wont solve the problem ,so let us see what happens after his four years in office, now I am not a fan of politics and it might amuse you to know that I have never casted any vote and I have no plans to do that till I die. I dont know who the best or worst President has been so far, all I know is that we need to be patient.

Buhari will not make much progress if his ministers keep saying one thing today and denying it the next.
He won't make much progress if he deprives his ministers of accommodation and yet is jetting off to a new country every 4 days
No one will appreciate any change if the fuel queues return 3 weeks from now
If Power generation remains at zero and his minister is telling us about his children's sleeping conditions..
If boko haram is quiet but Fulani herdsmen have taken their place..
I'm beginning to think this man cannot function without a "Idiagbon"

(1) (Reply)

PDP CRISIS: A LITMUS TEST FOR BURUJI / LOVE NEVER FADES!See Wat 81yrs Old Yakubu Gowon Was Spotted Doing 2 His Wife(Pic / Nationwide Strike Looms: NLC, TUC To Shutdown The Country On 18/05/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.