Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,239 members, 7,953,907 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:39 AM

The Leverage Devotional By Pastor Segun Obadje - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Leverage Devotional By Pastor Segun Obadje (311 Views)

Prophecies for 2017 by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. / Mountain Of Fire 2017 Prophecies By Pastor Dr. D.K Olukoya / 2017 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Leverage Devotional By Pastor Segun Obadje by DrBookie(f): 5:40am On May 03, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]
Tuesday, May 03
Understanding The Nature Of God’s Covenant

Genesis 6:18; Genesis 15:18

Genesis 6:18 "But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee." From Scriptures, it is evident that the covenants that God made with men were usually personal. In other words, God usually cut covenants with individuals, and not with groups of people; although the covenant that He made with individuals also extended to others of their family members or of their kind of faith or obedience of faith. When God makes a covenant with a man, his seed after him usually partakes of the benefits and responsibilities of the covenant. For example in Genesis 2, God made a covenant with Adam by giving him a commandment not to eat the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. At this time he was alone, God had not made Eve yet. However both of them and their children after them partook of the consequences of Adam’s disobedience because God formed Adam first and He brought out Eve from him. In Genesis 9, God made a covenant with Noah and extended it to his seed after him. In Genesis 17, God also made a covenant with the Abraham, and He extended it to his seed after him. The covenants of God are trans-generational. Another important thing to observe about the covenants God made with men is that He was always the one who proposed covenant to them. It was God that gave Adam the commandment in Genesis 2:16-17 which became the basis for their relationship. It was God who established a covenant with Noah and his seed (Genesis 9:9). It was God who established a covenant with Abraham and his seed (Genesis 17:7). God’s covenants are always on His generous terms.

Other Scriptures for Meditation: 2 Samuel 23:5; Psalms 89:28 

My Solid Front (Confession) 
Heavenly Father, thank You for showing me the nature of Your covenant. In the Name of Jesus, I declare that I walk in Your covenant as I walk with You. Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Find Answer To These Questions In The Website Below: / Swedish Church Boss: 'homosexuality Is A Trend' / Can Muslems Be Good Americans?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.